(Topic ID: 104947)

Left the hobby (sorta), Still selling games.

By awarner

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by awarner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I sold all of the pins I wanted to sell and kept the 4 that I really wanted. I ended up with a room that used to hold 12 pins completely empty. It's perfect for a home theater. But that's not to be...

A good friend of mine has major health issues and a large collection of pins and vids. He asked me to help him sell some of them. Many of them are in his garage and that is the ONLY easy place to get them out. My plan is to get as many sold out of the garage as possible and eventually move more games out there from the house. I am breaking them down and moving them to my house for evaluation and pictures. We live about 20 miles apart and I can only move one game at a time. I expect this to take years unless something changes. I created a web page to sell the games from at http://atlantapinball.com. I'm putting them on here and Mr. Pinball. The Vids are on a local forum (Seacf) and KLOV Forum. Prices are high. I'm not setting them, he is. I can run offers by him. I can only get the pins out in the order I have them listed on the web site, but I have them in groups so when I get to that group, I can pull any of them from the group.

I just wanted to explain why I'm still listing games even though I left the hobby. And additional thanks to everyone who helped me get to my Motorhome goal!

#2 4 years ago

Glad to hear about your motorhome, but sorry to hear about your friend. It pains me to think that all of us pinheads will end up having to sell off our collections at some point, for the inevitable health or age reasons. Or to help pay for a kid's college. But I'm not going to worry about that for now! I did send a request via your website.

Just out of curiosity, what four pins did you keep? I'd have a tough time narrowing down to just four pins.

#3 4 years ago

I kept the Doctor Who because I've been a Doctor Who fan for years and it's the 2nd game I ever bought. I also really love it.

I kept The Simpsons Pinball Party because it's HUO and has a deep ruleset. It's also fun!

I kept BOP because it's a Python game and he signed my translite. I'm also on the BOP 2.0 kit list.

I kept Bad Cats because Python signed my backglass when he visited and the playfield is a populated original crate. It looks and plays like new.

I probably shouldn't have sold the RFM, I'm missing it the most.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside