5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guzz4851.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Having issues with my left slingshot switches on AC/DC.
    Noticed during the game the left sling would stop working. Did the simple stuff, cleaned the switch ends, regapped them but that didn’t work. So I started moving the wires underneath and went into switch test and realized the switch was intermittent. If I slightly bent the tabs of the switch it would register, then move the wires again and it wouldn’t register. So I figured it was some sort of loose/ bad connection. I reflowed all solder on both switches and tabs. It worked great in switch test even when jiggling the wires underneath. I began to play a game and after a little bit of use it stopped working again.
    Is it possible that one of the leaf switches is bad? I wouldn’t think it would just stop working. Any ideas what to try next? Or am I just better off buying two new leaf switches? Thanks.

#3 5 years ago

Qtip and alcohol. Could the diode be a problem? It looks ok, but I could try and replace it if that could be the cause...is that possible?

#5 5 years ago

Thanks. I’ll try the diode first and if not I’ll be ordering a leaf switch. Thanks much for the help!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guzz4851.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-slingshot-switch-help?tu=guzz4851 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.