• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Chrisbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 4 years ago

So I don't know a lot about pins. I just started working on a 1980 gottlieb the amazing Spider-Man! Fixed all the easy stuff game was playing great! I moved it a foot and raised the legs and now my left flippers are humming and staying energised even in the down position. I can feel the current through both flipper relays. When I move them up manually by pressing the plunger they magnetically lock into place. When I press the flipper button in the down position they go up stay up some play field lights go off and the game shuts down (shorts out) yet flippers stay up and energised until I kill power. All leaf contacts open and close as should. When the play field is up it hums less the farther down I lower it the louder it gets. Is there something I'm missing or could there be a problem with a board? Just changed diodes.

#2 4 years ago

How many times are you going to post about this?

#3 4 years ago

this will be the last lol. Many people respond to the no replies as opposed to posts with tons of replys. Any input on the problem?

#4 4 years ago

diodes in backwards? pretty sure diodes are directional.
no idea why it would buzz less in the up position , maybe u have a pinched wire between the pf and the cab.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

this will be the last lol. Many people respond to the no replies as opposed to posts with tons of replys. Any input on the problem?

The only board that would be controlling those flippers would be the power board with the relay to enable the flippers when a game's running. It wouldn't short the flipper on, as the relay just cuts power TO the flipper when no game is being played. The other end of the circuit would be through the flipper buttons. I'd check for a short or partial short along the wires for the flipper power - since the game's resetting, something's causing voltages to drop too much.

#6 4 years ago

I will check it out. Diodes are correct and tested with Dmm.

#7 4 years ago

Well as if you couldn't tell I'm an idiot. While changing a light I left the lamp touching part of flipper housing. Thanks again for all your help guys. Thanks for bearing with me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dover, NH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside