• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Chrisbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 8 years ago

So I don't know a ton about pins but I recently bought a 1980 gottlieb the amazing Spider-Man. I did all the easy stuff I know how to do. The game was playing great! Tonight I moved the game a foot and adjusted the legs to make gameplay more even and challenging. Now all of the sudden both my flippers on the left side are staying energised without touching the flipper button. Both flipper leafs are closed and open normally when I push the plunger then the flipper arms stay stuck in the up position like there magnitised. There is a bigger spark than normal on the bottom flipper Then lights go on and off on the play field and the game shuts down. I'm sure it's something easy and dumb that I'm missing here but any advice will be appreciated.

0#2 7 hours

LTG
LTG

Pinside member
US Jjp Tech Support, MN
4y 18,552 18 7 1
The flipper leafs on the flipper button ? They should be open.
And look to see if they or the moving flipper parts are shorting to metal.
LTG : )™

0#3 7 hours
OP

VMP
V_piscopo

Pinside member
US South Burlington, VT
1y 36 5
The flipper leafs are open on flipper button. I'm talking about normally closed to open on flipper plungers when they swing. I'll check for shorts tonight. But it Dosent feel like a short it's not glitchy it's consistent. I can feel the electricity running through both relays when I move their plungers feels like more current up top. It was fine before I adjusted the game.

0#4 7 hours
OP

VMP
V_piscopo

Pinside member
US South Burlington, VT
1y 36 5
And usually I believe those relays don't have enough current running through them that you could feel it until flipper button is pressed. When I pull back contacts (without moving flipper arms) the current stops

0#5 5 hours
OP

VMP
V_piscopo

Pinside member
US South Burlington, VT
1y 36 5
Sorry. Thought you ment in the wires. I'll check tonight maybe the spring popped off and is touching something

0#6 18 minutes
OP

VMP
V_piscopo

Pinside member
US South Burlington, VT
1y 36 5

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-flippers-staying-energised and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.