Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

suggested replacement (resized).jpg
left flipper switch (resized).jpg
7B144412-93E4-4C1B-AB07-321FFC27D0E6 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hi,

I bought the Ultimate MPU and solenoid board for my Globetrotters. It works few games but both left flipper are not working now.
When I do a solenoid test the left flippers are working half the time (I keep the flipper buttons press during the test). They never work in game, when I press the left button in game I can ear a noise but the flipper never move. There is no problem with the right flipper or other solenoid.

I check the soldering, the continuities, I changed J1 and J2 connectors, I have a new rectifier board with new connector. Nothing is blinking except the cyclone turning. 43v 12v and 5v LED stay on. Q15 LED stays on too when I start a game. The MPU seems to have no problem.

The fact that the solenoid flipper test is working half the time make me think that the solenoid board have something wrong. If I let the solenoid test running the left flippers really work 50% of the time, it seems completely random. When they work they are fast and strong and when they don’t they are not moving at all.

Could someone please help me ? I have tried my best, I don’t know what do next.

Sincerely,

#2 3 years ago

Concentrate on the eos switches at the left two flipper mechs.

Make sure they are making solid contact. Both of them. You can jumper them closed with an alligator clip and flip them really quick to test.

Did they work before replacing the boards?

#3 3 years ago

Thank you for your quick reply. Both left flipper assemblies are completely new except for the double switch that was not in stock. I adjusted both switches correctly, I double checked, I can see the leafs moving when manipulating the flippers, the contacts are clearly solid. The double switch is a bit corroded but was working before.

#4 3 years ago

The double switch is what drives both flippers if it’s like early sterns with double flippers. Be absolutely certain that is working right. Jumper it shut or hook a meter to it and make sure it’s getting consistent continuity when closed.

#5 3 years ago

Thank you so much, you are an expert. To be really sure I used sand paper on the double switch contacts and it worked. I really need to change this double switch.

#6 3 years ago

Awesome! Glad to hear that worked. Yeah since everything else is new, I say replace that switch too. But you really only need to replace the EOS part.

Here’s a link.

https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-closed.html

#7 3 years ago

Do you think I can arrange 2 of them to make the one I need ? It seems that I can’t. Here is a picture of the double switch I have.

7B144412-93E4-4C1B-AB07-321FFC27D0E6 (resized).jpeg7B144412-93E4-4C1B-AB07-321FFC27D0E6 (resized).jpeg
#9 3 years ago

Yes, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it is still out of stock.

#10 3 years ago

I believe this place ships internationally, and i think they have the switch in stock: https://www.thepinballwizard.net/flipper-parts/dual-eos-flipper-switch-bally-a365-00046-0000/

You can also try here: https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/switches/switch-end-of-stroke-eos-dual-hole-3-a365-00046-0000/?sl=en

Just Google "a365-00046-0000" and you'll find places to get one. Good luck!

#11 3 years ago

You can just rebuild your old switch with leafs from PBR

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Plancton:

Yes, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it is still out of stock.

Sorry, I missed that you said it was out of stock

Quoted from vid1900:

You can just rebuild your old switch with leafs from PBR

I’ve done this before too. Very easy

#13 3 years ago

Thanks everybody !

4 months later
#14 2 years ago

I have also been looking to source a switch for Harlem Globetrotters left flipper. The double one. The switches suggested in this link look slightly different to the pics I've viewed of the actual flipper assembly. Can anyone confirm that the ones suggested are indeed the correct switches? (my own restoration project lacks the switch altogether so I have no reference point) I've attached the two images. Thanks, Martin

left flipper switch (resized).jpgleft flipper switch (resized).jpgsuggested replacement (resized).jpgsuggested replacement (resized).jpg
#15 2 years ago

That looks correct for a lower double flipper. The switches should be adjusted to be break-make with the inner EOS opening at about 75% of the stroke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-flippers-problem- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.