• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mattgnsc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey all,

Finally got my Dungeons & Dragons pin up and running after years of sitting dormant, however I have encountered a problem. Besides the upper flipper being extremely weak, I've noticed something I've never seen before.

The left flipper remains up after I let go of the left flipper button, however it returns back to normal when I press on the RIGHT flipper button.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed? I am VERY beginner, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

With the glass off, flip the left flipper. When it’s stuck in the up position, lightly push it down, or, as an alternate, turn off the machine when it’s stuck. If the flipper drops down when powers off, the problem is electrical. If it stays up with power off, it’s a mechanical problem.

As far as weak flipper goes - clean the switches that the flipper pawl hits when it’s energized. Do this by pulling a business card thru them while holding the switch closed. Do this with power OFF.

Report back.

#3 2 years ago

It's mostly likey getting mechanically bound on the coil stop (L-bracket at the end of the assembly) and the vibration from flipping the other flipper moves it enough to unstick it. Look into new coil stops, a second spring, or better alignment of the parts if its mechanical as suspected.

It sounds like you could use flipper rebuilds all the way round.

#4 2 years ago

Could be a megnetized coil stop.

The tell is that activating the other flipper makes it drop. In my experience anyway.

Regardless as others have said you probably need to rebuild your flippers anyway.

#5 2 years ago

Make sure nothing metal, including the apron is touching any part of of the flipper switch or a flipper will stay energized. It is often overlooked.

#6 2 years ago

It’s definitely the coil stop. Replace it and you’re good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-flipper-stuck-up-but-returns-when-right-button-is-pressed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.