6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GPS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello All,

Tweaking out the latest game and came across something I have not run into before. Stern Austin Powers is the game.

When the left flipper button is held, there is a buzzing sound which comes from the mechanism. This does not occur on the right flipper. Any ideas?

Always told myself that I would never own a Stern game as they appeared to be "cheap" compared to a Williams etc. Well I do own a Stern game now and the machine is nice. Wish I didn't have to spend $100+ on an appropriate back box light but oh well. Toys have to look good!!

Thank you in advance.

George...

#4 6 years ago

Thanks fellas. Grateful for the help

George

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

Just following up on my post. Replaced the coil sleeve, plunger and plunger stop and the buzzing sound has stopped. Hope this is helpful to anyone else with a similiar issue. By the way, the plunger and plunger stop did not appear bad at all by visual inspection.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GPS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-flipper-buzzing-when-held?tu=GPS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.