(Topic ID: 149666)

Left Flipper Button always closed

By flopflip

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Bally Flip Flop lower left flipper button switch NO, is always closed. Game will not start unless I put a piece of paper between the blades of that switch. When I start a game, no left flippers, and there is a humming sound coming from within the cabinet.
Could a bad flipper coil be the cause? It looks pretty fried and Digital multi meter continuity reads: 1

#2 8 years ago

With game is in play with left flipper switch insulated open, there is an audible humming sounds like it's coming from transformer which increases when pressing Right flipper button.

#3 8 years ago

Why can't you adjust the switch blades to be NO?

#4 8 years ago

Problem is as soon as I press the left flipper button to close the switch, the Game Over trip reverts to Unlatched and game ends

#5 8 years ago

Ok disconnected wires from left lower flipper coil. Game Over relay behaving. Right flippers working but a bit chattery (especially top right flipper) I assume the left flipper coil must be bad

#6 8 years ago

I dont have that pin, but suppose the fried coil is a result, you need to find out whats humming.
a switch is stuck shut somewhere? are those D.C. flips, or A.C.?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-flipper-button-always-closed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.