• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

hi guys.

I have a big guns that is at 90 percent complete . the last thing I have to do is get the left drop target to work.

I have replaced both the transistor and the pre driver, but the coil still locks on when the game is started.

I'm not sure what else to check. can anyone help?

#2 11 years ago

I would disconnect the connector from the board and then check for continuity between the solenoid and ground - not sure if thats the best place to start, but that is what I would do

#3 11 years ago

And if there is or is not continuity? What then?

#4 11 years ago

Then you have an open on that wire or either ends connectors.

5 years later
#5 6 years ago

I know this thread is 5 years old and a long shot but I found it through a search because this is the exact problem to the T. Changed transistor and pre and Stoll locked on at power up. If the original poster is still around did you find a solution? Thanks!

#6 6 years ago

Starting with Big Guns, system 11 games had an additional "auxiliary power driver" (APD) board. This board was used to hold the:
Bank select circuit and bank select relay.
Bridge rectifiers that supply the solenoid power (previously these bridges were just bolted to the back of the backbox).
Driver transistors (TIP36) for the 50 volt devices. This eliminated the small relay boards under the playfield. Up to eight TIP36c transistors can be used on this board. But if a game didn't use all eight, only the number used was actually installed!
Coil diodes. The coil diodes were no longer mounted on the coils themselves, but were instead installed on this board. This eliminated diodes breaking off the coils due to vibration. It also simplified coil replacement, as the operator no longer had to worry about which coil lead the diode's band was attached to on the coil.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for info. We actually have a brand new Kohout driver board in this machine because when we first got it we had lots of selonoid issues. After replacing it the machine was running beautiful for a year. This is a new issue. The diode for that selonoid on the driver board seems to test ok with DMM. If I disconnect input harness it still stays fired. Only when I disconnect output j7 on driver does the selonoid rest and not stay on. Any ideas?

#8 6 years ago

Did you check that the wires have continuity?
Not broken somewhere in line.

And I don't have the schematics. But is there a relay associated with the targets? Maybe a cracked solider joint. Or just failed.

#9 6 years ago

bumping as its an issue i hope to never have no solution to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-drop-target-stuck-on-big-guns?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.