(Topic ID: 68167)

LEDs : where to purchase game kits if it's not Cointaker ?

By Leo13

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PC-Pin-NC
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 2-722.JPG
    photo 4-487.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!l0E65Rhsgr)BOypI4(ulw~~60_3.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

All our kits are priced with no markup from buying all the products individually and every kit is non ghosting. Meaning, if the game needs non ghosting then they come with those and no upgrade needed. All kits are created once we have personally done the game so we dont have every kit yet, but a good selection currently and constantly adding them.

You can check them out at http://pinballbulbs.com/led-kits

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions on the kit offerings

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I have to agree I am not a kit guy myself, I use to be but I like my own control. Like I would never use or buy a yellow lamp EVER! why because white looks better under a yellow insert. Also, purple? NOT Pink for me. Again pink pulls of purple better to me under a purple insert. It really preference. I like buying the 99 pack lights and keeping them in one of theses.

Cheap on e-bay and can move around with me and make my wife happy that the room is still clean. Plus, I keep other stuff in there as well. However, their photoshop skills SUCK. It will come with all the wheels.

$(KGrHqN,!l0E65Rhsgr)BOypI4(ulw~... 73 KB

Those are good points. None of our kits use yellow or orange for under inserts. In fact, we only use them in a kit if they are used in signage above the playfield usually. Just too dim and doesn't pop at all.

http://pinballbulbs.com/installs/insertinstall.html - For anyone interested we have a Tips section towards the bottom of this page. Has insert color recommendations, how to disable the "allow GI dim" in bally/williams games and a fe wmore items. Kinda big so I don't want to copy and paste here to clutter.

You can also use 'pinside' to get your pinside 10% off. And with our kits at an already lower starting price than most competitors, while providing more items, that is just an over the top kicker!

Quoted from NJGecko:

Neat cart. Can you post (or PM) the link?

Check Harbor freight locally too. They have carts and bins very similar to that, but maybe they are smal,ler, not 100%.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I just buy the 100 bulbs for $65 deal on eBay, make my own kits out of single-led bulb colors of 47's & 555's. I have them in both a Laser War and a Jurassic Park, no ghosting issues at all. I guess that ghosting can come from non-fully rectified bulbs. 100 was enough to do the entire playfield GI and underside (places you don't want to have to dismantle to replace bulbs). Backbox is lit with standard bulbs that were pulled from the machine. It is easy enough to just swap an old bulb with another old bulb there, and I have probably about 300+ of them at this point.
    I use regular flasher bulbs, I can't justify spending $5 per bulb for something that almost never needs to be replaced. Flashers are almost never turned on, so the lifespan is significantly greater than a standard GI playfield bulb.
    Ebay link

Ghosting primarily comes from the whitestar games so it isn't every single stern or data east ever. Just all games using a whitestar.

Flashers for $5? That is really high. We got them for about $2 per bulb and they are the multi directional bulbs. http://pinballbulbs.com/flasher

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Do you know which game is equipped with whitestar CPU board ? In other word, which game have to be used with non-ghosting LED ?
    I only found this list but I'm not sure it's complete : http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=850

You can look the specific game up on ipdb.org and see the MPU listing.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5219 - family guy. MPU is not stern whitestar so minimal ghosting, if any
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4858 - LOTR, whitestar so massive ghosting and can have some flicker issues too

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

I am interested in an LED kit for my Tron Pro. I am too new to pinball to try to build one myself.
    The part I am trying to figure out is that I got the 3rd run. Currently have the Clu translite, but getting ready to install the Chicks translite. All of the kits I've seen seem to have the backbox LEDs built around the original 3D translite. So, what can I do to get backbox LEDs that maximize the look of the Chicks translite?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

What do you mean by this exactly? Tron comes with the single bulb in the backbox. Our kit has no backbox bulbs for example because not needed.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jags:

Don't buy a kit. Choose your own LEDs.

Our kits can actually save you a lot of time and money. A lot of time on our part was put into making them look great and very unique. A lot more to it then simple bulb replacements and they cost the same, or even less, as I just pointed out in a PM to someone asking about them

Also, don't buy any bulbs for your Tron backbox since it doesn't use bulbs

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We also benefit from not paying $2.00-$14.00 for an LED that is the same in an auto store or Lowes.

+1 to this!Some of my neighbors actually are using the "flasher" bulb we carry in their landscape lighting because it is 12v and didn't cost $7 or whatever crazy price lowes was charging!

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

I guess I was thinking along the lines of the animated LED kit for the Tron 3D translite that makes the light beam look like its going up like in the movie. Just wondering if anything had been created similar for the Chicks translite.

Got it! Sorry, I thought you were referring to bulbs in the backbox, my bad. None that I am aware of currently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-where-to-purchase-game-kits-if-its-not-cointaker?tu=pinballbulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.