(Topic ID: 175972)

LEDs on routed pins - how do they hold up?

By ShopRat

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ShopRat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

I have COMET 2SMD warm frosted in ALL my games.

TAF has been on route for nearing 4 years now. Bar is open 7 days a week from 11am till 2am. I have been very happy and zero failure rate at this stage.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

next time you go to maintain it pop a new one in a place just for fun. grab a pic and post it. curious as to the amount of degradation present. Light falloff is usually pretty fast in LEDs then levels off to a slower decline. LED failure is not computed as a full loss of function but rather 50% less of initial brightness.

actually TAF was home just 3 months ago for a full tear down and shop out. I did that exact test and was happy to see ZERO degredation or loss of output. I was surprised, but happy.

Iam super sensitive to LEDs also so would notice the difference quickly.

I have been very happy with the COMET LEDS. Other brands, not so much... I tried a cheaper brand from a company on the wet coast and they actually degraded and failed quickly. I got tired of replacing those bulbs (as you know some are a PITA to change out) and finally tore down that game and tossed them all, replacing with the good ones.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-on-routed-pins-how-do-they-hold-up?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.