tron4.jpg
tron3.jpg
tron2.jpg
tron1.jpg
IMG_0249.JPG
P1010186.JPG
190.JPG
189.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just before I click checkout and go to payment over at cointaker I thought I would ask those that have put or seen LEDs in SM, IM, Avatar and TRON does the GI/all playfield lighting except inserts need to be premiums? I've never really noticed any of the Playfield lamps dimming on my games but when your looking down at the flippers I guess it's easy to miss. I have chose premiums for all my inserts on all games but just wanted to find out if I should buy everything as premiums or if cointakers standard LEDs will do everywhere other than in the inserts. Appreciate any and all replies.

Great how everyone thought your question of "do I need premiums" meant "send me massive irrelevant pictures"

The answer here is you should use premiums in all the inserts in the sterns. The GI, use the retro series bulbs. They are massively bright and radiate light well. For any GI your eye will see unobstructed, use a frosted bulb. The retros are so bright that they are sort of blinding if you look on them directly. Great for under plastics though.

Quoted from CoinTaker:

Both are very wide, the Cap, on the 2 LED tends to make the light more visible from the sides. I just completed a Viper Night Driving. It came out really nice. I used the Premium 2 LED in both the GI and Inserts. Hope to get a video done soon.

This is true. The cap helps disperse the light but the premium 2 led bulb just cannot compete with the sheer brightness of the retro which results in more dispersed light in the end.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Making a few adjustments to that order now, big thank you always markmon! Here's one for you Mark have you considered using any glass paint on your TRON LE? I was considering using a thick red glass paint over the heads of the surface mounted leds to make the red inserts on the LE red and not pink, what's your thought on this I know your a pretty practical pinhead so what's your take?

Very interesting idea. I haven't done this. I was considering wiring in some actual cointaker bulbs into the blue inserts at some point but haven't gotten around to messing with that yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-in-sm-tron-im-and-avatar?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.