(Topic ID: 174672)

Led's in EM's

By PinballTom113

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1662 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2910 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1650 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5422 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5421 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5420 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5419 (resized).JPG
    th (resized).jpg
    Finished Playfield (resized).JPG
    IMG_0020 (resized).PNG
    IMG_20160911_194532 (resized).jpg
    tree-bokeh-castle-bricker-M (resized).jpg
    2014-04-27_210908 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Incandescents work best in my EMs. And they cost less.

#10 7 years ago

I've had good luck removing all different brands of LEDs from my EMs that others have installed. Maybe this year I can find a use for them.

tree-bokeh-castle-bricker-M (resized).jpgtree-bokeh-castle-bricker-M (resized).jpg

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

When you have 15 or so machines on, LEDs make a huge difference in power draw.

So with my 30 machines with incandescents, I can expect my electric bill to be substantially

less than the $20-$25 a month I now pay if I go LED?

Heck, if that's the case I may have to consider re-lighting my house too. As those are all incandescents as well.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Most people pay much more for their power bill than you do.

And they blame it on their pinball machines. lol.

Quoted from jar155:

You should go LED lighting in your house too, yes. Everybody should strive to save power.

That reverse psychology won't work on me.

#21 7 years ago

Just like I don't need to pay a gardener or maid to do work I can do to save money, I don't need to spend 5x as much for a light bulb to see negligible savings on my power bill. Just like I don't need special food to stay trim.

And I just so happen to like my house lighting the way it is, thank you very much!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

You don't like thunder thighs underwater man in full living color?

#28 7 years ago

#47 incandescent bulbs run much cooler than the 44s that came in the machine and are about the same temp as some LEDs so heat is not a valid reason that you have to sacrifice quality lighting and put LEDs in there.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

To the people who don't like them, YOU ARE JUST TOO OLD!
    The benefits to the longevity of the machine out weigh the purist arguments/thoughts any day.

Ha! Many of my machines are well older than me. Longevity. lol. Without people like me, some of these would never get played again.

And it's not being a stubborn purist, as I will try anything, but if it looks like ASS, it has to go! Same with what others might consider popular machines that have passed thru here. If it looks like ASS, it has to go!

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but who's ass?

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago

Everybody can do what they like with their own machines, and in this case it's easily reversible.

Nothing wrong with getting an EM loaded with $200 worth of LED bulbs, when it costs less than $10 to make it right again.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Cost me about $30 to do my atlantis. Took maybe 50 2835 bulbs. Two 25 packs for $16 each.

Good for you! I recently acquired an older woodrail with about 100 high end LEDs in the backbox alone. Now I have a big bag of them.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm not a huge EM guy

I am average size myself. I stay that way by eating two meals a day and staying away from late night snacks whenever possible.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

ol' JD still had a decent amount of calories.

Easier to burn off than Tequila, don't you think?

#62 7 years ago

You won't put on any weight eating those. In fact you may lose a few pounds...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-in-ems?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.