Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HHaase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Does anyone have a good supplier for LED's for a KISS and NUGENT machine? Is there a direct replacement and what would the led code be?

Hoping I don't have to replace all of the sockets.

Many thanks!

Bob

#2 8 years ago

Both of these games use SCRs to turn on feature lamps. SCRs and LEDs are not directly compatible. Head over the seigecraft and pick up the Bally LED adapter boards or solder resistors across every feature lamp socket.
http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product&id_lang=1

If you want to put LEDs in the GI. Make sure to get internally rectified LEDs or else they will be flickering 60 times a second which bugs the crap out of me.

For the feature lamps, once you have the resistors in place, you can use any LEDs in feature lamps and not worry about flickering.

#3 8 years ago

It does not look like they offer these boards any longer?? Any idea who does?

Thanks so much!

Bob

#4 8 years ago

Just solder 270 ohm resistors across the feature lamp lugs of LEDs that flicker. Install all the LEDs, some or most will be flickering wildly. The ones that do, put the resistor parallel across the feature lamp. You can go barrel to solder lug if that is easier.

You can also do the resistors on a separate PCB if you want a DIY project.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-led-adapter-board-for-classic-bally-or-stern-1

#5 8 years ago

Sold out, next run coming soon, bench is full right now. So probably a month until I have them again.

But yes, I will be doing another run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 22.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-for-nugent-and-kiss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.