(Topic ID: 210858)

LEDs for Million Point Shot Comet

By Parkshow30

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Parkshow30.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all, I've been a pinball owner for 8 days now so I'm pretty new to all this stuff.
    I have a Williams Comet that I would like to add LED lights just to the million point shot. What LEDs would I buy and is there anything more to putting them in besides just replacing the old ones?
    My comet has some LEDs already in GI and bumpers and the rest is original. I like the old school look throughout the game as is and the fact that some of the LEDs really make some of the areas pop but would really like the million point shot to be super bright when it's lit. The first couple times I played I didn't even notice it had its own set of lights because they aren't that bright.
    Thanks for the help

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply Ryan. The million point shot is the motorcycle ramp shot. The lights are at the very end of the ramp. I will lift up the playfield and take the lights out tomorrow to see what kind they are and report back.
    My dad is thinking of getting some LEDs for his pool sharks at the same time so we can order together.

#5 6 years ago

Ok just checked they are 44s.
    Can you do different colors? I'll probably order this weekend so my dad can figure out what he wants too

1 week later
    #7 6 years ago

Just ordered 2 red LEDs for the million point shot and 2 natural white LEDs in case I don't like the red look. Also got my dad some GI LEDs for his pool sharks.

#8 6 years ago

Got the LEDs in, really fast shipping and well packed, thanks Ryan.

The Red LEDs in the comet million shot look ridiculously good! It really pops when you light it up and of course on my first play with the new lights on I hit the million!
    Then later at night I showed my wife and my daughters the new light and sure enough I hit it again!
    I had ordered 2 spare regular white LEDs in case I hated the red so I put them in the quarter slot lights and they really brighten up the coin door area!
    I would highly reccomend Comet LEDs. Can't wait to see how they look in my dads Pool Sharks later in the week.

2 years later
    #10 4 years ago

So I made this initial post when I was a pinball owner of one machine for 8 days. I knew absolutely nothing about pinball machines except that I really liked to play them. Ryan took the time to answer my questions about me needing 2 bulbs! 2 bulbs! Looking back he replied 3 times to a post about me needing 2 measly bulbs. Talk about great customer service! A little over 2 years later I’m now the owner of 4 machines and I just placed an order for 75 bulbs. Who do you think I ordered from? That’s right Comet! And the next time I need more bulbs? Comet. Thanks Ryan for earning a customer for life with your patience with a newbie!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Parkshow30.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-for-million-point-shot-comet?tu=Parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.