Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Johnnymo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

thinking about adding LEDs to my DM. This being my first attempt should I go with the kit from CT or try a few on my own and experiment? Or can someone provide a list of some combos of what they did on their own machine for best results? Also, thanks to BR for the discount ahead of time!

Ryan

#2 12 years ago

Come on fellow DM owners, drop some knowledge on me!

#3 12 years ago

Check out this thread http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-is-here
Gives you a few ideas of what the Cointaker kit looks like. I have also seen people go with different colors on the multiball area instead of just blue or white,

#4 12 years ago

Check out this video of my DM. I put together my own kit.

I color matched the inserts, mostly blue and white frosted in the GI and backbox, with a few red on the left side my the eye and car crash. The multiball inserts are the slow fade color changers.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-shopped

#5 12 years ago

Ur machine looks awesome nutshell! Gonna have to place an order soon and start experimenting

#6 12 years ago

I have a mix in mine.
Remember you can use normal 555's as 906 flashers with both PBL and Cointaker.
CT has the flex head ultra which you will need for some larger inserts.
I would not recommend a kit due to cost, also I dont like full LED GIs's
Its a give and take...I like the bright 3 led's from PBL but they ghoast on my DM.
So you could go with non ghoasting from PBL but they will be less bright.
I did have to go with the no ghoast for the target inserts (they ghoasted the worst)

Also I'd recommend using ultras or 3 tips from PBL in the back GI's .

Good luck great under rated game.

#7 12 years ago

Here is mine

#8 12 years ago

Great thread considering so many of us are in the DM club. So now I am thinking about converting my DM to leds. Many are saying the kit is expensive........You would think it would be cheaper than buying them separate?

#9 12 years ago

Dark knight u would think they would be cheaper but not the case for some reason. I think I might order a few different types and experiment a bit b4 doing a full conversion. Remember there is a pinside discount at coin taker, thanks to BR!

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

also I dont like full LED GIs's

For me it depends on the game. DM and JM with the futuristic themes look good with the full LED GI.

But I tried LED's in the GI and backbox on the Shadow and ripped them out within a day. I thought it took away from the art deco look of the game. Might have to try the retro's though...

#11 12 years ago

Hello all i'm new here and need to say that i have no problem with my DM LEDs ghosting, i just bought my super kits from Cointaker and also did the same upgrade on my DP Rollergames, and think it was the best improvement i did. i also had flamed my ramps now my pins look brand new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 81.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 72.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-for-dm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.