(Topic ID: 214241)

LED's for 5 cents each!

By JethroP

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
    1655-00 (resized).jpg
    HomeMadeLEDs (resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
    htp (resized).png
    FullSizeRender-14.jpg
    FullSizeRender-13.jpg
    FullSizeRender-12.jpg
    FullSizeRender-11.jpg
    FullSizeRender-10.jpg
    IMG_6956 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevevt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

I guarantee figuring out the correct YT link is easier than making your own LEDs.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

So it has been pointed out you can buy the single chip SMD bulbs already assembled for $0.59 when purchased in quantities of 100. My cost is $0.02. When I get done updating my 5 games with LED I will have saved about $370 by assembling myself. Some people buy store bought apple pie (because they can't cook or don't want to), some people make their own (maybe because they enjoy cooking). I enjoy fabricating and learning new things....like how to link a YT video into this forum for example. Some people will never assemble their own LED bulb, whether they have no desire, or don't have the tools and skill. I don't judge...just sharing my ideas and knowledge.

I think it's great that you're doing this and sharing with the community here.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is that the math you are using to show your savings was off by 30 or 50%. I am not the first person to point this out in this thread. Also note that it took me less than a minute to find that $.59 rate. I'm sure better deals are out there, though the quality of the Comet product is top notch.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevevt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-for-5-cents-each?tu=stevevt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.