Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dnapac
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0402 (resized).jpg
    21240 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 5 years ago

No need to check anything about your machine, the LED style bulbs you bought from us are a vastly inferior technology that don't last nearly as long. They should only be used in home use situations where you don't play your games often, and saving money is a priority. Long ago, these got demoted to our "Bargain Bulbs" section for that reason, and there are warnings on every product page.

All bulbs will dim eventually, but the SMD (surface mounted diodes) style bulbs have been used on location continuously for years without any significant dimming.

Struggling to figure out what to do about these bulbs. People won't stop buying them, and they work in low-use environments, but it comes with a lot of bad press and threads like this which probably do damage to the brand.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

There is text on the site which wasn’t there when I bought them.

That is true. It wasn't until we'd owned Comet for about a year that we fully understood what was going on and changed our marketing. Wish it would have happened sooner.

Quoted from Aniraf:

I am going to continue to assume this is an honest company trying to make honest money.

Definitely not trying to scam anyone. At this point, it's entirely about giving people what they want...and many are still happy with these for certain use cases. But it may not be worth it if others (like those in this thread) are ending up with something they don't want.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from heme:

I have a paragon with those old style 44 sockets and they worked great with incandescent bulbs.
    as soon as I stuck an led in there it kept flickering or dimming.

I replaced the socket with new ones, still the same...So I finally crimped the casing a little bit so there was better contact.

Are you talking about GI, or inserts?

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Probably not the best place to post this, but the only Bargain bulbs I use are the Domed "Bullet" bulbs for GI. If Comet could produce a version of this with an SMD that'd be great. Otherwise, it's just part of the game when LED'n an older game and trying to keep it as close to the original look.

The 10mm or the 8mm? What do you like about them?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-dim-over-time?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.