(Topic ID: 16935)

LEDS? Abaze dont work where Cointaker did..

By Dawson

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TunaSled
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

had some Leds laying around ... pulled them out of my GENIE , decided to put them in the O'l pinball Magic ..

they did not work >? so I put in the Marco's Leds they worked fine ...

so why don't the Abaze work in the Capcom .... and the Marcos and the Cointakers do ..

Thanks TJ

#2 11 years ago

Flip'em around, or they are not making contact in the socket, as all LED's are not created equal

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

as all LED's are not created equal

That's True !!!!

#4 11 years ago

Use both CT and Ablaze situationally, anyway. Also, if you're having trouble getting an LED to light, bend the left wire (on each side of the LED) slightly outward and re-seat it.

#5 11 years ago

these are 44 style ,,, , and you guys are so right , I had a bitch of a time trying to getting them ablaze's in GENIE's new sockets , its like the tab was to far up ... JUNK<..

the ones from Marco pulse in the PM I believe there is a electrical leak in her, but she playing and loves to burn bulbs

Tj

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

these are 44 style ,,, , and you guys are so right , I had a bitch of a time trying to getting them ablaze's in GENIE's new sockets , its like the tab was to far up ... JUNK<..
the ones from Marco pulse in the PM I believe there is a electrical leak in her, but she playing and loves to burn bulbs
Tj

So then try this... if I am reading this right, you are having a hard time pushing the LEDs deep enough into the socket to lock in? File away a bit of the bottom tip until it goes all the way in. As for pulsing in PM, is that during gameplay or attract?

#7 11 years ago

Tuna , Hi Im from Saranac Mi , living in coastal Oregon now ...

yes, this is in Idle mode (attract mode) but even wile playing , the LEDs pulse brighter than any-other bulbs , I guess thats because they take lower energy to run , but all the bulbs in the game have a heart beat they are all on always . very dimly and pulsey

are you selling that fathom?

TJ

#8 11 years ago

I don't have a Fathom (?)

The reason I ask about attract mode is that many "modern" solid state games go into a kind of power saver mode during attract. Less current is fed through the GI chain thus LEDs (trying hard to be either on or off) show a version of medium ghosting (flicker). My FT did this during attract and I turned the power save off, it's fine now. If this occurs during play, I'd try no-ghost LEDs, that should cure it. Ablaze makes some great NG LEDs. Get them from Pinball Life, very affordable.

#9 11 years ago

Post edited by TunaSled : Double post
ignore dbl post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-abaze-dont-work-where-cointaker-did and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.