Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

294b5d8070d7e4fb8600b242190aee4c025f3b82 (resized).jpg
    0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg
    07a2017b899c952997d62f632fcb8237--book-characters-lucy-van-pelt (resized).jpg
    33546026_238786220186859_4166781304106385408_n (resized).jpg
    33226285_138299117041383_3916295568703356928_n (resized).jpg
    LED_ZEPPELIN_LED+ZEPPELIN+LUNCHBOX-457815 (resized).jpg
    LED_ZEPPELIN_THE+OBJECT-391656 (resized).jpg
    Led_Zeppelin_Airship_Box (resized).jpg
    cd19fa9ee53327163b8c582ff6132d66 (resized).jpg
    stairway_ti_heaven_music_box-front__80371.1506905444 (resized).jpg
    f0b3cc5dd8dde65edadbb21bfdd1f547--white-doves-plants (resized).jpg
    91SzXQNzmCL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    Led Zep Pin (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Hopefully after the kinks
    Cream is at the very bottom of Bands I would listen to

Classic Rock anyway

#52 5 years ago

"Father Christmas, give us our pinball, don't mess around with these blues ripoffs..."

#53 5 years ago

Zep is good man, but the last 2 albums saw a decline (I don't count Coda, btw, just like most people). I found In through The Outdoor to be a slight comeback from Presence. Just my opinion though.
    Terry.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Zep is good man, but the last 2 albums saw a decline (I don't count Coda, btw, just like most people). I found In through The Outdoor to be a slight comeback from Presence. Just my opinion though.
    Terry.

The opening of "Tea For One" on Presence is about the coolest opening of a Zep song. Biggest shame is it only lasts like 12 bars.

#55 5 years ago

I agree, I didn't mean to imply that either album was bad, just not up the the perfection of some of their earlier work.

#56 5 years ago

One of the most often misspelled rock group names ever. Zeppelin, not Zepplin!
    Nonetheless, totally iconic and awesome. They've ripped off riffs and have had riffs ripped
    off them, but check out Greta Van Fleet. You can say they're a blatant Zeppelin ripoff, but
    they're keeping that sound alive, exposing it to young people today, and that's a good thing.

#57 5 years ago

I’d buy one today

#58 5 years ago

in what way would you integrate the song "no quarter" into the game? Ball save? extra game?

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

in what way would you integrate the song "no quarter" into the game? Ball save? extra game?

Attract mode.

#60 5 years ago

1 rule you never ever break in a guitar shop......

NO STAIRWAY!!!

Sorry folks but this is a horrible theme for a music pin. Good music even if much of it is ripped off but it’s old and all of it is overplayed.

If they loaded it with non radio tracks it would be better....For Your Life is a killer track you never hear.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Only when the game is set on Free Play

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The opening of "Tea For One" on Presence is about the coolest opening of a Zep song. Biggest shame is it only lasts like 12 bars.

I always liked For Your Life and Achilles Last Stand was a showstopper when performed live.

What has held up from that album the most for me after all these years I remember hearing getting blasted thru huge speakers from a beach front home for everyone on the sand and in the water to enjoy. They did a fine job on the live show with it as well.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

As much as I love Led Zeppelin, I would rather see a Black Sabbath pin. I think their songs and imagery lends itself much better to pinball.

Ozzy would be much better for pinball and I am a huge Black Sabbath fan.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Who's talking about Cream?
    Duane said he stole the opening riff to Layla directly from the verse of "As the Years Go Passing By"
    -
    If you do want to talk about Cream, then Strange Brew would be stolen directly from Buddy Guy - uncredited.

Clapton was in Cream when they recorded Strange Brew. I'd be surprised if he ever did it when he went solo (but then again I lost interest in him after Cream). I'd forgotten that Strange Brew was a Felix Pappalardi (not Clapton) re-work of Lawdy Momma--not sure who wrote that one.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Ozzy would be much better for pinball and I am a huge Black Sabbath fan.

Maybe Robert Mason could do all the Ozzy voices.

He used to tour with Ozzy and sing all of Ozzy's vocals from the side of the stage.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

(but then again I lost interest in him after Cream).

Why is Eric Clapton and Coffee the same ?

-
    -
    -
    -
    -

--
    -

They both suck without Cream.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Why is Eric Clapton and Coffee the same ?
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    --
    -
    They both suck without Cream.

Nice one! Clapton really lost his fire after Cream, really too bad--but he's had a long career and made a ton of money.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Nice one! Clapton really lost his fire after Cream, really too bad--but he's had a long career and made a ton of money.

He was a racist clod who, even more so than Zep, basically made a career of cover songs.

He only knows a single musical scale .

#69 5 years ago

Absolutely would be in on an LZ pin.. but that being said I would think the licensing would be extremely costly and wouldn't bring much creativity with it. As much as Jimmy has had a hold on things I doubt there would be free use of everything to go nuts on a pin theme. It would be probably be closely watched and limited. There was an article previously where Jimmy was against LZ in rock band/guitar hero/video games but seeing as we've seen some songs in movies lately (Thor Ragnarok) I guess it can't be impossible.

#70 5 years ago

I honestly never thought back in 1979 after ripping the posters off my wall, coming close to the year 2020, that we would be discussing what band we listened to while in high school and Jr. high would be the next pinball theme 40 years later. But really I don't think anybody at the time even considered it a possibility that this is what pinball would turn into.

It was odd enough at the time that they were doing Kiss and Nugent after the novelty of both of them had already started to wear off and it seemed their better records were behind them.

I guess as the lady on TNA says "welcome to the future".

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from NJDevils30:

There was an article previously where Jimmy was against LZ in rock band/guitar hero/video games but seeing as we've seen some songs in movies lately (Thor Ragnarok) I guess it can't be impossible.

TV shows, like Sharp Objects are full of LZ songs. as is every TV commercial

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I honestly never thought back in 1979 after ripping the posters off my wall, coming close to the year 2020, that we would be discussing what band we listened to while in high school and Jr. high would be the next pinball theme 40 years later. ".

Huh?? Led Zeppelin?! If they did pins for Metallica, KISS, snicker...Aerosmith..snicker,..Iron Maiden..LOL!..what band is more worthy then Zeppelin? The only reason they even made pins for those other bands was because they couldn’t get Zeppelin. LZ covered some songs and didn’t give credit- granted. But they rocked!! Insert whole playlist from Mothership. Yes, they were in decline before JB died. But they could have pulled an AC/DC, Metallica, JoyDivision/New Order.. but they didn’t. They lost their buddy, they packed it in. The beginning of the end was actually Karac dying- that was why the last album was ehh.

I mentioned this in a post long ago- this would be an easy sale if it had a Tolkien/medieval motif. But this has no chance of getting made. Zeppelin doesn’t do this stuff.

#73 5 years ago

LZ will put their name on any piece of crap they can find
    cd19fa9ee53327163b8c582ff6132d66 (resized).jpgcd19fa9ee53327163b8c582ff6132d66 (resized).jpgstairway_ti_heaven_music_box-front__80371.1506905444 (resized).jpgstairway_ti_heaven_music_box-front__80371.1506905444 (resized).jpg

LED_ZEPPELIN_LED+ZEPPELIN+LUNCHBOX-457815 (resized).jpgLED_ZEPPELIN_LED+ZEPPELIN+LUNCHBOX-457815 (resized).jpgLED_ZEPPELIN_THE+OBJECT-391656 (resized).jpgLED_ZEPPELIN_THE+OBJECT-391656 (resized).jpgLed_Zeppelin_Airship_Box (resized).jpgLed_Zeppelin_Airship_Box (resized).jpg
    #74 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

LZ will put their name on any piece of crap they can find

Might as well put it on one of these late model pinball machines then.

It will fit right in with the rest of them.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

LZ will put their name on any piece of crap they can find[quoted image][quoted image]

Same with The Misfits. Surprised that one isn't in the pipeline

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Taurus multiball would rule!

Hahahahaha

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, you are coming off as a control freak, telling others what to do, and only seeing what you want to see.

Your hypocrisy is showing again.

Quoted from o-din:

That's what I was saying happened, but apparently doesn't make sense to someone who was very young at the time. I guess I can understand that, but music was in a serious change, and battle lines had been drawn.

WTF are you even talking about? I clearly implied they were falling off. You discount and try to discredit anyone that doesn't agree with you and then have the balls (or obliviousness) to call people out for allegedly doing the same. Lol. Get a grip.

You act as if someone didn't personally experience something then their opinion is somehow irrelevant. I guess we should burn all our history books now.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

nobody asked for your opinion

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Get off your pedestal dude.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I think you recollection of the past is sketcky and hazy...

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

WTF are you even talking about?

Perhaps you can give me my opinion and recollection of the past that will more suit your liking before you blow a fuse.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps you can give me my opinion and recollection of the past that will more suit your liking before you blow a fuse.

Nope, not even remotely the point I was making. You have your experience and I have mine. Stop making it seem like YOURS is right because you "lived" it. In every friggin thread you have a problem with people speculating or getting excited about the possibility of a theme. Some people are dying for Elvira 3. It's def not my thing and not for me, but I don't go in there and sh*t all over it because I don't agree.

(edited)

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Nope, not even remotely the point I was making. You have your experience and I have mine. Stop making it seem like YOURS is right because you "lived" it.

I never said yours was wrong, but since you've made it a point over and over again that mine is, please tell me what it is or should be.

Or please just find someone else to fk with. If that's how you get your thrills.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

Stairway to Heaven Multiball. Definitely one of my top 5 band themed pinball games.

#82 5 years ago

Wasn't Sterns Indiana Jones initially going to be Zepplin, or was that just talk??

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Several years ago I built a virtual pin and went with a Zeppelin theme (Led Zep Pin ). I was messing around creating some side art using the inside artwork from Houses of the Holy where all the kids are climbing the Giant's Causeway to a pinball in the sky.. Dorky? Yes. Something to do? Yes. Posting a sample for a goof.[quoted image]

I can pretty much guarantee they would not have houses of the holy on the side of the cabinet. Now if John T was working on the project, I think he would pull some strings to make it happen. ;P

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I never said yours was wrong, but since you've made it a point over and over again that mine is, please tell me what it is or should be.

You sure I said that? I said your approach is wrong. Not the info being delivered. I'll make this easy for you.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You have your experience and I have mine. Stop making it seem like YOURS is right because you "lived" it.

Also

Quoted from o-din:

But apparently you think mine is not as valid as yours. .

But...

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

But that doesn't make MY opinion any less valid than yours.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Is my experience more valid somehow? No it's not.

Weird...

#85 5 years ago

Everyones opinion is valid. Unless you said that Led Zepplin was anything less than awesome. Then your opinion is invalid.

As I can see in this thread. There are many who have not learned their lesson as of yet, and willing to buy a game they have not seen or played based on theme. Ahhhh, young ones. You will learn..........you will learn.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

that doesn't make MY opinion any less valid than yours.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

And to be clear nobody asked for your opinion

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Is my experience more valid somehow? No it's not.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I think you recollection of the past is sketcky and hazy...

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

you weren't always a condescending pr*ck,

Are you through now?

#87 5 years ago

As long as it is not a stern. What am I saying im poor.

#88 5 years ago

I love Led Zeppelin but everybody's always whining that younger generations don't care about pinball and at the same time you guys want a pinball machines about bands from the early 70's ...

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I can pretty much guarantee they would not have houses of the holy on the side of the cabinet. Now if John T was working on the project, I think he would pull some strings to make it happen. ;P

LOL.. I see what you did there..

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Are you through now?

Yeah I'm good, you?

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah I'm good, you?

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted.

#93 5 years ago

Even the one off is cool...ramble on shoot again!

33226285_138299117041383_3916295568703356928_n (resized).jpg33226285_138299117041383_3916295568703356928_n (resized).jpg

33546026_238786220186859_4166781304106385408_n (resized).jpg33546026_238786220186859_4166781304106385408_n (resized).jpg
    #94 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted.

07a2017b899c952997d62f632fcb8237--book-characters-lucy-van-pelt (resized).jpg07a2017b899c952997d62f632fcb8237--book-characters-lucy-van-pelt (resized).jpg
    #95 5 years ago
    0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg294b5d8070d7e4fb8600b242190aee4c025f3b82 (resized).jpg294b5d8070d7e4fb8600b242190aee4c025f3b82 (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zepplin/page/2?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.