(Topic ID: 237150)

Led Zeppelin Shoes & Snow Boards...Why not a pin?

By MajorDrainer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a1142l (resized).jpg
    zoso watch6 (resized).jpg
    b77d84d0-b0e1-0135-33aa-1a2b031acc66 (resized).jpeg
    led-zeppelin-ceramic-ashtray-d-music_1_4876990564cb19f00ae345fcbd43d244 (resized).jpg
    420886000000000-00-500x500 (resized).jpg
    JP & JB (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Led Zeppelin recently released a batch of 750 snow boards by Burton and 2 styles of shoes from Vans. I'm no business tycoon but it seems to me that a run of a few thousand pins would be much more lucrative than these items. Jimmy Page certainly likes making money, is there any chance a LZ pin will ever fly?

JP & JB (resized).jpgJP & JB (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Stern Indiana Jones was supposed to be Led Zeppelin but the license had a few hiccups glad it didn’t happen at that time because now we have LCD, one can only hope that it will become reality soon.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern Indiana Jones was supposed to be Led Zeppelin but the license had a few hiccups glad it didn’t happen at that time because now we have LCD, one can only hope that it will become reality soon.

Shoot, too many people bitching about high price on The Beatles pin. Some of that price is the fee The Beatles Store charged. I don't think Stern got any bargains.

Do you think anybody would bitch less because Led Zeppelin was on the marquee?

#4 5 years ago

I think LZ and Queen would be the two biggest music pins never made. I also think a rap pin should be made specifically Beastie Boys.

I think the biggest issue with LZ is Robert Plant as Page would like to tour again and Plant doesn't want to. Look at interviews with Plant he's the issue with anything related to LZ. I seriously don't think you'll ever see a LZ Pinball because Plant would not want the music used in that way.

Should just move onto QUEEN!

Personally I think a Queen pinball game would be an overall better choice anyway their music is more fun.

#5 5 years ago

I would love a led zeppelin pin would probably be an instant purchase for me unless the game was really bad.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I think LZ and Queen would be the two biggest music pins never made. I also think a rap pin should be made specifically Beastie Boys.

Aren't the beasties anti-licensing their music? AY put in his will that the music cant be used for adverstising. Not saying its advertising, but I think a beasties pin is a long shot, especially with one of them dead.

#7 5 years ago

Be pretty cool but they probably just make it out of Beatles parts

1 week later
    #8 5 years ago

Not a pin video, but a great deep dive on one of their songs if you’ve got 15 min to spare...

I’d be really excited about this pin, especially if it were its own design, and not a rehash of an old game

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I seriously don't think you'll ever see a LZ Pinball because Plant would not want the music used in that way.

Exactly.

The music is so special, it must be reserved to sell perfume:

or cars:

#10 5 years ago

I dislike Led Zepplin...

#11 5 years ago

Zep will license their name on any piece of crap in the world.

Anyone get the poker chip set yet ($39.99)?

420886000000000-00-500x500 (resized).jpg420886000000000-00-500x500 (resized).jpg

Or how about the Ashtray, for the last two imbeciles who still smoke ($24.99)?

led-zeppelin-ceramic-ashtray-d-music_1_4876990564cb19f00ae345fcbd43d244 (resized).jpgled-zeppelin-ceramic-ashtray-d-music_1_4876990564cb19f00ae345fcbd43d244 (resized).jpg

#12 5 years ago

Because pinball is more expensive than Shoes, snowboards, and ashtrays.
    Vid, the ashtray is for joints bro.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

the ashtray is for joints bro.

"I need a $25, hard to clean ashtray for my joints" said no one ever.

-

How about a $50 scarf?

b77d84d0-b0e1-0135-33aa-1a2b031acc66 (resized).jpegb77d84d0-b0e1-0135-33aa-1a2b031acc66 (resized).jpeg

or $2999 watch?

zoso watch6 (resized).jpgzoso watch6 (resized).jpg

Or the most white-man's blues gift ever, a $20 golf ball marker

a1142l (resized).jpga1142l (resized).jpg

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Zep will license their name on any piece of crap in the world.
    Anyone get the poker chip set yet ($39.99)?
    [quoted image]

Well, good because I'm ALL IN on a Zep pin.

#15 5 years ago

I just hope a whole lotta love goes into designing and building it if not the song remains the same and I will give it no quarter and ramble on.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I just hope a whole lotta love goes into designing and building it if not the song remains the same and I will give it no quarter and ramble on.

If I pre-order an LE and it sucks it's really Nobody's Fault But Mine.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

If I pre-order an LE and it sucks it's really Nobody's Fault But Mine.

True but that would be a heartbreaker.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-shoes-amp-snow-boardswhy-not-a-pin?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.