Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    Vintage Pioneer.jpg
    O-din LZ.jpg
    4q5n28 (resized).jpg
    4q55uz (resized).jpg
    ba6bce34e1a673015d922950c6792ffd (resized).jpg
    Funny-Men-Fashion-Ads-From-70s (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

you might as well look the part too

Thought of O-din when I saw this meme-haha

O-din LZ.jpgO-din LZ.jpg
    #23 3 years ago

Well I got ejected from HYPE thread so I am moving over here

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Lol. I’m just staying quiet from now on.

No Pinside is all about different opinions and I value everyone's opinions-good or bad.(Please speak up) I have been on the other side of the fence for some reveals and can relate. People are passionate about pinball and that is great, just don't take things personal. We are talking about a machine built for enjoyment(a Toy) so let's just have some fun and sometimes we can agree to disagree.

#26 3 years ago

Trying to figure out how I am going to make modifications to improve the decibel level of the music without causing too much distortion. I am not a fan of internal subs. I tried the Flipper Fidelity, etc. and to me it uses the pinball machine as the bass enclosure and causes too much vibration inside the cabinet. I have had games that vibrate like crazy with the glass, etc. and sound like ass. Now you can add dampeners to glass, equalizers etc. but why? I think it works for guys who want a mid-level sound upgrade and really do not turn up their volume on their pins very much, but for guys that want the bass to really crank-it poses a problem. I really want the bass to crank but do not want internal vibrations inside my cabinet(especially with proprietary Spike CPU and sensitive node boards susceptible to failure if you sneeze too close to them). I want the bass at my feet on the concrete floor-not inside my machine. I have decided to try a sub(maybe 2) and not tie into CPU at all. I am hopeful that I can add the over the top bass I want and the factory mid speakers can keep up. Also had a thought of tapping into one of my home systems in one of my rooms. When the game arrives I will do some MacGyvering.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Find a way to make it sound like a album with the scratches and pops.

There is something magical about the sounds from Vinyl. I have had the thought recently to re-invest in a turntable so I can show my kids what a true album is all about. I still can remember sitting on a bear skin rug in my brother's room listening to entire albums of LZ while starring at the covers. Good times

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I would encourage it.

Any suggestions for a decent affordable turntable($100+/-)? Thinking Sony? Those Victrola ones look like junk

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Vinyl sound so much better and real than digital

It seems I am not alone in trying to recapture my youth and finding a vintage home stereo system. The prices for vintage home stereo systems is going through the roof. I have been hunting recently and surprised at the prices they are fetching. Hoping to find a deal at garage sale or Goodwill?

Trying to find my old school Pioneer with 15" subs-it cranked!

Vintage Pioneer.jpgVintage Pioneer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-pinball?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.