IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (2 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5378 2 years ago

anyone have any idea what % of folks out their with LE and premiums are having problems with the electric magic and spinner?

#5387 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Currently struggling with mine. 2nd day I had it, had to adjust. Was able to bend it a little without taking it apart, added some lube, and it worked for about a week. Now I'm struggling to fix it again and can't seem to get it to work.

Oh man. That stinks. Is stern sending you replacement parts?

#5394 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

After 5 more weeks I finally got my replacement decals for the blank spinner. The thing is, I'm really hesitant to change any parts right now. It seems like the newer style spinner has as many if not more problems than the original design. I have a first run premium with the original design and it spins like a mofo. I mean, I've never timed it, but a good solid rip that doesn't get stopped by the ball coming back down through the spinner must go on for like 10-12 seconds. It's crazy good. Like others, once I straightened the spinner arms a time or two and flipped the spinner around to the dark side, it just works great.

After hearing all this, I'm backing out on zep. Seems like it's a nightmare to keep working

#5437 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If that's enough to keep you from buying a machine, you probably shouldn't buy any more machines. I've had some kind of tweaking problem with every Stern I've bought (don't even get me started on GOT, STh, and JP...); LZ was the least of my worries and works beautifully now once installed the spinner upgrade.

i've not had many problems, but i did have a few and i just want to deal with them. i got an iron maiden premium where the song kept auto selecting cuz of the piece on the fortune tell was too sensative. . i did get a jp with a loose right upper flipper, p.i.a. to tighten, learned how to set it and tighten it. i just don't want many problems. reading some of this, 2 days in and having electric magic issues is not good! i could always get the pro i suppose.

#5439 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Point taken. But don't get the pro...the EM mech is well worth the price of admission. And I would think if you ordered a premium now, they've got the new mechs installed so you wouldn't have a problem.

that is what i i was hoping. but look at buffalo pinball. he just got one and it's broke. not encouraging.

#5505 2 years ago

anyone have trouble getting code updates on zeppelin? stern site keeps cutting me off. i've used chrome, firefox, edge, same result.

#5524 2 years ago
Quoted from badactor:My LZ will not leave my collection, it's not an easy game but love the shots and skill needed.
Anyone have Aerosmith and LZ? I've played AS and like it and certainly like the music.
I started reading up on the Aerosmith forum and as with all pins they have issues and you have to throw out the guys who never should have bought a pinball and stuck to video games, having said that I'd like to hear some comparisons from the LZ group.

just got zeppelin. but had aerosmith 3 years. not as fast lz, but a challenging game with a great toy with jacky and the toy box. my inital thought is the shots are tougher in lz. you can backhand the right ramp in aerosmith, that makes that ramps shot a lot easier.

i think there are a lot of aerosmith haters out there and i don't get. i prefer it to acdc pin, metallica, iron maiden. to each their own i guess. if i were rank the rock games i'd rank them like this (i'm leaving out zeppelin cuz its new to me) 1. aerosmith. 2. metallica, 3. kiss. 4.iron maiden. 5.acdc, 6. guns and roses. 7. beatles

#5529 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The Who's Tommy doesn't even get a mention?
There was a near riot from my players when i sold it.

Never played it. Same will.rolling stones

#5530 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Funny I really like the Beatles. I would put it ahead of all of those games except Metallica and ACDC. Then again, I love EM and early SS layouts as much as the new LCD games.

I wanted to like Beatles, but find it easy with long ball times. A step behind other rock games.

1 week later
#5658 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It's likely off center. Make sure it hits the ball in the middle both vertical and horizontal.

Yup. Same here. Mine was hitting the right side of plunger. I unscrewed shooter rod, loosened, and adjusted some to left.

#5659 2 years ago

Anyone change the sound equalizer in settings? If so, any suggestions to set it?

1 week later
#5760 2 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion for what is probably a simple fix. The swinging gate right where the ball launches keeps coming out on the right side of the wire hole. I put it back in but it fell out again tonight. Anyone have a fix or suggestion to keep this piece in?

#5787 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

put it back in and bend the end slightly

i did. but it came out again. it seems on the upper side towards the backbox there isn't not enough of the wire from. the bent end toward shoot rod of the wires is fine. anyone else have this issue or suggestion?

#5796 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Thanks. I do that

#5852 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine only bounces out on the strongest of on the fly shots, and even then rarely. I'm guessing mine bounces out 2 or 3% of the time. When it does, it's exactly as you describe. It bounces out and a few seconds later you hear the solenoid engage to eject it. You might try raising the back legs. On mine the front legs are all the way in, back legs are about 1/2 way out.

Not seen the history on this, but person with issue, did you go to distributor or stern? I had gate problemsvlast week, stern support is quick, sending me a new gate. Responded to me in a few hours.

1 month later
#6253 2 years ago
Quoted from aaronjmill:

That's just it, though, I hate the Electric Magic gimmick. It feels like more of a disruption in the flow of the game than anything else to me. Also, and this is less important, but I love the psychedelic LZIII theme on the Pro. Idk. I'd still like to just get these two assemblies and see if it would be as simple as plug and play. I'll dig into it.

I'm in the minority with you. I like the pro better. Not a fan of electric magic. It offers little to the game. The lights and ramp are good on the premium, but em is annoying.

#6263 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You can come and play my Pro - you might find you like it more than you think...

We should start a poll of lz pro vs premium. I think it's be 2 votes pro and 5,224 premium.
I'm glad I got pro . I will say that after reading horror stories on the em broke. I Was at Cleveland show a few weeks ago and and the em broke, brand new out of box . Light progression would not register.

1 month later
#6569 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Picked up a LZ pro with expression lighting kit at expo and I’m really excited!
I played an LE when the game first came out and I really enjoyed it, so I’m hoping I really like the pro too. That light kit will sure help

Was it already installed?

3 weeks later
#6637 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Funny, sold LZ thinking Mando would please the horde at home. No dice and wish I had one back.
Simple was better for me too.
Hope he enjoys the pin!

I'm a big star wars fan and I backed out on mando. It's an average pin at best. Not very swcinsoring either. Zeppelin is a funner game. I prefer the pro vs electric magic stuff.

#6716 2 years ago

are the bugs only the premium and le editions for their mode? or would the bugs be on the pro too?

#6743 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I posted a Dropbox link to 1.02 above:

1.02 has the awesome lightshow without any of the bugs. The last good update from what I can tell. Still waiting for them to fix the EM problem on the latest code...

Are the bugs only on the features on the premium stuff like the spinner and side lights?

1 month later
#7017 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Should mention it was a pro I played in a big arcade.
Everyone disses the pro, but think it was my fav game, and that is with a Godzilla pro nearby.
I initially thought the third flipper was a waste of space.
But once I learned that hitting the stand up target adds time to the icarus timer, my thoughts changed.
Having an essential, high reward shot, even if it is just one, turns it into a really valuable part of the game.
Yes, the pro is a bit sparse, but it's a ton of fun!

Couldn't agree more. Pro is a simple game, but plays wicked fast. Raises ball lock on le adds little to game.

5 months later
#7963 1 year ago
Quoted from VARESQUI:

My Led Zeppelin Pro with mothership mod!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's awesome. Where did you get that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.