IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theguyoverthere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

Can someone explain to me how to Icarus Multiplier works?
I understand that you shoot combos to get the multiplier up and that you have to shoot the ball saver for Jimmy Pages symbol, The LED targets for John Paul Jones symbol etc. and once all symbols are lit you need to shoot the Icarus target to start it...
...but what is it that increases these individually? For example what specifically makes Robert Plants multiplier go from 1 to 1.1.
I'm just trying to get my head around the rules while anxiously waiting for it to arrive

Terminating a combo at a target bank adds +0.1x times the number of shots in combo to that bank's multiplier. So if you go right ramp, center ramp, ROCK targets, then the ROCK bank (feather icon) will now get +0.2x (because there was two shots in the combo). Completing all targets in a bank "lights" that band member, and you can build the values before or after you light a band member, the status of being lit or unlit is purely to work towards getting all 4 to enable the icarus target.

Another fun thing is the 4 values are MULTIPLIED together, not added. So it behooves you to spread out the multipliers as much as possible to get the best bang for your buck

2 weeks later
#866 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

having no luck unzipping files
keeps extracting a .000 file instead of a .spk file
the game doesnt recognize this file type
any help would be awesome

Simply unzip the zip to somewhere on your computer, then after you unzip, drag those .000 and .001 files onto the thumb drive, and insert into game. Must have both files together this way. If the game isn't seeing it, I'm guessing the thumb drive isn't formatted correctly.

3 weeks later
#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

played the challenge mode for the first time tonight. Feeling good about finishing it, but have no idea what a completion time and scores are. what are others getting? I finished with 400m, 12mins, and 6albums at once (whatever that means).

Whoa! You beat the mode while 6 balls were in play? Nice

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Well your 7:32 gives me something to shoot for. GOOD job on that. I previously read your post about 6 albums at once. Thats what needs to be figured out. Thats huge. It probably has something to do with combos then the red shot. Yes i can verify that red shot is more powerful than the normal shot. I cant find a rules explanation for challenge anywhere. I have to go to work on this!

Per the instructions at the beginning of the mode:
"KEEP MULTIPLE ALBUMS CHARTING AT ONCE"
"TO MULTIPLY POINTS! (BALLS IN PLAY)"

Ending mode with x number of balls in play = that's how many albums you charted at once

Red shots are 2x points and 2x sales, and boost all other sales shots. Can see how much each shot is giving you sales-wise on LCD.

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Holy crap! 3.9 GB. With my slow ass internet it will be tomorrow before I can install.
I really like the sound of Mothership MB mini-wizard mode! Also having the final wizard mode coded is a big deal. With the increased album sales per song shot maybe I will get there someday.
I like the idea of the piano solo section during Trampled Under Foot.
Plus a couple songs get new and improved Expression lighting.
Another EB after 10 left ramps? Do we really need another EB?

Zeppelin Awards = side flipper shot
10 of them is... not too easy Just another EB option to go for if you’re getting close to it

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I have a a LZ Pro and a few quick questions.
1. Anybody haveing an issue with the ball falling off the right ramp when it comes in too fast?
2. This is my first band new stern, how do I update the code? Is there a YT video?

1. Download correct file from Stern, make sure if you have a pro you get the PRO code.
2. If file is a .zip file, extract the .zip and it will turn into two or three files that have very odd file extensions
3. Drag all 2-3 files with weird file extensions onto a FAT32 or maybe exFAT formatted usb drive, just sitting in the root directory (NOT in a folder). NTSF doesn't work I believe. A lot of usb drives you buy these days will be of the FAT variety as it is the more universal format. NTSF is more of a Windows specific thing, but windows works fine with FAT formatted drives.
4. With game turned off, plug the usb drive into the right-most USB drive near the center of the CPU board in the backbox.
5. Turn the game on, follow on screen instructions, accepting default settings and watch it update. Once you've used the buttons to start the update, make sure the coin door is CLOSED so the node boards can update.

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So yesterday I had my first non-booting Stern. Turned it on and waited at least a minute. Nothing but a black screen. Turned it off, waited a few seconds then back on. Nothing but a black screen and I could hear a board in the backbox making a weird repeating sound. Turned it off again.
Third time I turned it on and it came up normally. Man, I was breathing a sigh of relief!
Anyone else had this or similar on LZ?

I’d send stern a bug report email as it’s likely software related and they may be able to use log files on your SD card to help diagnose.

1 week later
#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The way it's coded now, the EM Mech is not advantageous. I curse it when it pops up because it really gives some bad SDTM feeds and blocks shots. Scores would be way higher without it. Hopefully Stern can find the right balance with it because the mech itself, when working properly, is pretty cool.

It can be super helpful for completing the “spinners” tour task, or to get a huge super spinner rip. Spinner values increase every time you complete ROLL and carries throughout the game. It’s not uncommon for it to start getting up there in value, and combined with Icarus x it can be prettty satisfying to rip the center spinner when Icarus is ready and rack up some serious spin points as LOTR_Breath has shown

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

They didn't design the game for free side ramps for each plunge, but it's your game, set it up how you like it. Your scores will be higher though. Auto-plunges on multiball will hit the side ramp, extending the playfield x (which you would have started right before multiball, right?), keep draining while MB ball save is on and you'll keep pumping up the playfield x time, plus starting all the super modes.

I’m surprised nobody has noticed the game is programmed not to count side ramps off of plunges

1 month later
#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Arghhh has anyone came up with a fix for center ramp rejects off that plastic guard? I’ve got my guard raised with rubber washers up quite a ways but still get rejects like crazy off my right flipper. Just killed a great game I had going . I’m at about 7.1* pitch

Try messing with the electric magic device by screwing or unscrewing the adjustment screws on the outside metal on the playfield side. If you take a slowmo video of the ramp reject, you’ll probably find it gaining air and then launching into the ramp, leading to bounce on the ramp into the ramp guard.

2 weeks later
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4257 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Watches RayDay tutorial where he scores 2bil... “awesome! now I know what to do!, watch out fuckers!. Scores 28 mil...haha. Awesome video RayDay, thanks for doing it. Totally helps me with the ins and outs of this game.

Thanks! Youtube decided that it would randomly tag another song as video-blocking, even though I disputed all the songs when it first was published, apparently it missed one. Now it appears to be blocked in all territories for another 48 hours. Ugh.

Check back in 48 hours and hopefully it should be back up.

#4294 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Ok thanks. This overzealous policing by Youtube and Twitch is getting ridiculous. I understand and agree in principle WHY they’re doing it but some common sense needs to be used. My brother is coming over tomorrow night and we’re going to put a few hours on it and he wanted to check out your tutorial first. Fingers crossed that it goes back up tomorrow.

Youtube vid is expected to come back online around 11pm central time, but if you don't want to wait for that 4k version I've uploaded it on twitch as well here (1080p) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1021947880

Hopefully that twitch one should work right now until the Youtube one comes back.

6 months later
#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from Dsexauer:

I didn't go through the whole thread, but has anyone had issue of not being able to complete All target banks goal for Tours? All switches are working, wondering if code glitch or maybe just a target needs to be adjusted closer together?

Are you on the latest code?

LE V1.05 - July 22, 2021
==========================
Fixed:
- USA Tour 1975:
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from advancing their tour
locks in USA 1975 Tour.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the target lights to flash when they
were not able to be progressed.

1 month later
#7166 2 years ago

Red arrows outside of multiball indicate “super ramps” - activated by hitting 4 side ramp / side targets. While super ramps is active song mode shots at the ramps are doubled

7 months later
#8174 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

OMG epic game that lasted over 90 minutes! Tripled my prior GC with 7 billion coming in Celebration day. Cleared all jackpots 3 times including side ramp shots with last side ramp jackpot being over 1 billion. In the zone! This game shoots like a dream and that flow and zone are just so amazing!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well done sir!!!!

1 year later
#9354 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:This sounds good but doesn't appear to be the case for the number over the black record in the bottom left hand corner, just the lighter colored record in the upper right hand corner. I've hit a song shot with over 100k and over 1M indicated over the black record and it didn't add a record.
Any other ideas? It can't be this hard to figure out, right?

It counts up the points earned from the spinner(s)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theguyoverthere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=theguyoverthere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.