20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rexpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Just got a call from my distributor that his LE's were shipped Monday and he is hoping to receive them tomorrow. If that is the case, there is a good chance I will get mine Friday delivered to the house!

Palmetto - seeing your location, who is your distro? Just curious...

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Classic Gamerooms in Atlanta, GA area

Cool - thanks!!

1 week later
#1458 3 years ago

#126 is in the house! Just got it set up last night and unfortunately had to spend most of my time under the hood. Had an overcurrent protection error on Node 8 (found it...a solder blob was intermittently shorting a GI socket). Also have a loose wire on a connector that needs to be reworked (looks like the terminal tab is broken so it won't stay in the connector housing). Upper flipper was "walking" -- just from activating the flipper it was continually changing position and blocking the orbit shot. Tightened the bat in the crank, still bad. Finally got it to stop, but I've never had to tighten one this much. I thought the EOS activator was dragging on the bushing screw, but I think I ruled that out as the culprit. I was getting a trough error but it resolved once I fixed the overcurrent issue. Since both are tied to Node Board 8 I assume this was some sort of downstream effect.

Two things for this group:
1. My playfield seems slightly racked/warped -- when seated in the cabinet the right side is elevated. There isn't anything interfering with it, and I've reseated it several times. You can push down on it and it will go flush, but will pop right back up again. I've never encountered this -- anyone have suggestions?

2. I'm getting a lot of rejections from the center ramp. My assumption is that the ball is getting airborne and hitting the front of the shield covering the "U-Turn" which is behind the back panel. Anyone else having this issue? Thought I'd ask before I start messing with it.

I love the game. It is fast, tons of great shots, and just an all-out ruckus on the playfield when things get going. I'm looking forward to playing it a bunch today!!

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Sounds like you have some issues others have not presented.
As far as rejections from the center ramp. Make sure your Electric Magic Mech is flush with playfield.

Good thought -- I have been checking that regularly before each game per Mr. Ritchie's direction. So far it has been flush so I think I'm good there.

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

#2, maybe not running steep enough pitch? Ball is goin up ramp too fast maybe.

Good thought -- my level bubble is between the lines, but admittedly is edging toward the flatter side. I'll pop those back legs up a bit and see how things go. Thanks!

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So there's an adjustment to level ?

#1607 3 years ago

Anyone used the "Woofer Line Out" (Node 0, CN5, Pin 7) to connect a sub yet?

1 week later
#2213 3 years ago

Anyone's upper control gate occasionally slow down/impede the ball slightly when shooting the right orbit? It's almost like the ball hits something and it slows it enough that it doesn't make it to the lock scoop. Since the coil opens the gate coming from that direction, I don't think it has anything to do with timing of gate activation. I've even theorized that the ball is getting slightly airborne on some shots and hitting the mechanism or bracket. Any thoughts/anyone else experiencing?

Love this game!

#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Anyone's upper control gate occasionally slow down/impede the ball slightly when shooting the right orbit? It's almost like the ball hits something and it slows it enough that it doesn't make it to the lock scoop. Since the coil opens the gate coming from that direction, I don't think it has anything to do with timing of gate activation. I've even theorized that the ball is getting slightly airborne on some shots and hitting the mechanism or bracket. Any thoughts/anyone else experiencing?
Love this game!

Just refreshing this - anyone having issues here?

#2481 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine does , just thought it was in the scoring, maybe not enough shots to open lock?

I thought that too at first, even though it seemed clunky. However, it has happened to me at times when the lock is clearly qualified and that shot should be open (e.g. EM multiball when you are trying to lock additional balls before starting the multiball). Also, I can't figure out mechanically how it would offer resistance in that direction...if the coil activates it should open, and if the coilnisnt activated it should be free flowing that way.

3 weeks later
#3231 3 years ago

Well that was fun! 26.1X Icarus with the EM raised and some good spinner rips. One question - I thought this happened while EM Frenzy was still running...but in the high scores EM Frenzy is still sitting at the stock 2,000,000. Anyone else seeing any glitches with EM Frenzy getting recorded? I'm loving this game!

20210316_142125 (resized).jpg20210316_142125 (resized).jpg
#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

EM
So we have never got electric magic multi ball ?
The ball will lock to magnet and lower under playfield .Game then sits there a while before going into ball search and then EM Raises and ball rolls out right down the middle ,Sometimes when it raises the magnut will momentary grab ball and release it and will not drain down the middle ? Anyone seen this ? Suggestions Thanks

I've experienced that a few times. Haven't been able to figure out the sequence of events that causes it. Have also successfully started EM multiball so it isn't consistent.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Thanks for the post!
Yes. I see the same behavior. It is most noticeable when going for the upper lock to change a song after achieving 5 gold records. I would imagine it would be a clear path to the lock but it definitely gets impeded at the diverter and doesn’t make it to the lock. Usually drops into the pops. You have any luck in determining a cause?

Haven't figured out the cause yet. I've looked at it several times and don't see an issue. I cleaned and waxed the area, ensured the gate mechanism is working freely, and sent a bunch of balls through by hand. All was good. First shot in normal play it hung up. I took video but couldn't see anything obvious. The ball guide looks slightly bent at the top, but I don't think the ball should ride that high. My latest theory is that some shots are getting a bit airborne and hitting the gate bracket. I don't know....frustrating.

4 weeks later
#3695 3 years ago

Anyone notice that the default audio setting for the backbox speakers is 8 ohm, but the Kenwoods in the LE are 4 ohm speakers? Thoughts?

#3703 3 years ago

Just loaded 1.02 today. Was a bit confused because my action button goes blue instead of red for the super..but then I found this. Yep, that would do it!

20210418_160237 (resized).jpg20210418_160237 (resized).jpg
#3710 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

thats unique are you going to switch it ?

Probably...but certainly not a priority!

#3901 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone have a LZ and SW in there collection?
Are they too similar, with their layouts?

I do, and am a huge fan of both games. While I can appreciate the question, the games play much differently. The rules structures differ significantly, in my opinion. The horseshoe loop and fork ramp in SW are a must for completing modes and posting large scores. The side ramp and IcarusX structure provide that challenge for LZ. The Steve Ritchie flow is evident in both games, and there is a similar smooth feel when you get some combos going. Both of these games are keepers for me, and playing one doesn't make me avoid the other.

2 weeks later
#4159 2 years ago

Anyone notice the feature lights "freeze" periodically? This started for me after 1.02. Sometimes the flashing sequences freeze solid, sometimes unlit. Nothing else is affected -- sounds continue, gameplay is fine, it's just a hesitation on the feature lamps.

1 month later
#4862 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Any advice on “dialing in” the right orbit shot into the Song Change Kick Out? I am hitting something around the diverter in hard shots. Soft shots make it through smoothly. Thanks in advance for any insights!

I've been fighting this since day one. There is some sort of interference right around the control gate and the ball doesn't make it to the upper eject scoop. I removed the gate assembly altogether and it seemed much better. However, there doesn't appear to be any issue with the gate mechanism or operation, so I'm not sure if that is actually the issue. I've been focusing a lot on the ball guide lately, as it seemed twisted/bent (see photo). I removed it to straighten things and reinstalled. I now get some rejections off of the scoop...ugh.

While I had the ball guide out I noticed the wear pattern on it. It looks like some shots are getting high on the guide as they go around the turn (see photo). This leads me to think that these shots are riding high and colliding with the control gate bracket. This would explain the interference, as well as why it seemed better when I had the control gate out.

What isn't explained is why some shots are getting high on the ball guide. I checked the playfield to make sure everything is flat. The inserts are not raised, and there do not seem to be any high spots on the playfield that would cause the ball to get air. Maybe turn down the left flipper power? I haven't tried that yet but am considering it.

Stern support is aware. We were eyeing the control gate but now are focusing on the ball guide in case my adjustments weren't correct (I'm waiting to hear). I also traded a message with RayDay and he suggested a slight bend to the ball guide as well.

I'm going to keep tweaking things and see if I get anywhere. It would be great to hear other owner stories around this one. Anyone else out there with this issue?

Cheers!

20210606_171553 (resized).jpg20210606_171553 (resized).jpg20210606_171804 (resized).jpg20210606_171804 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5320 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Just got the game and I'm getting these messages upon boot. I'm able to play and nothing appears wrong.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Likely a short somewhere. Node 9 handles the mid-upper playfield. Do you see any GI that isn't lit in that area? A shorted socket could be your culprit. I had this issue with Node 8. The trough error was just a downstream effect - once I fixed the short it cleared.

#5321 2 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Likely a short somewhere. Node 9 handles the mid-upper playfield. Do you see any GI that isn't lit in that area? A shorted socket could be your culprit. I had this issue with Node 8. The trough error was just a downstream effect - once I fixed the short it cleared.

Just noticed Node 9 also has the GI for the back panel. Be sure to take a look there as well.

#5356 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Yep, looks like the GI bulbs (red, white, and blue) in the backboard are all out. The lit songs work though.
I removed all the lights, but I'm still getting the error. What should my next move be?

In my case there was too much solder on one of the sockets, causing it to short. I removed the excess and cleaned up the connections.

In your case, I would put a meter on the different color GI strings. If you find one (or more) shorted, visually inspect all.of the sockets in that chain to see if any have a solder blob anywhere.

#5412 2 years ago

New wear item alert! The o-ring on the EM housing post. Reference the pic in post #5405. During play this afternoon, this dropped onto the playfield after an especially brutal brick-fest multiball. Not stocked at Marco, but the LZ manual has the McMaster Carr part number referenced. I know, I should play better and not brick shots!

20210724_161409 (resized).jpg20210724_161409 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#5714 2 years ago

For anyone having issues with right orbit shots getting fouled around the control gate - I may have found a fix. After a lot of analysis it looks like the ball is getting airborne and riding high on the ball guide (noted by the wear pattern on the ball guide - see post #4862). I'm theorizing it is colliding with the gate bracket and getting deflected. I cannot find any high spots on the playfield, but I have to assume the ball is somehow getting air off of the switch.

I mocked up a lexan cover and tested for a while. Results were great, so I refined the design and had a friend cut it on a CNC. The installed finished product is shown in the attached photos. It is installed directly on top of the game plastics using the existing screws.

20210731_114908 (resized).jpg20210731_114908 (resized).jpg20210731_114935 (resized).jpg20210731_114935 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5933 2 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Same problem here, I posted on this same thread a couple weeks ago, but got few responses and none that would help...yesterday I wrote to Stern tech support. Here's my e-mail:
"Good morning,
I bought a new Led Zeppelin Premium in the Spring and it has developed issues at the top lock (saucer): 80-90 percent of the shots up the right orbit get rejected...meaning, the ball immediately bounces out of the saucer without registering. The only time the pinball consistently settles in the saucer is from a week shot up the right orbit, or when the jets direct the ball into the saucer.
Weirdly enough, in the first several dozen plays, the saucer didn't have this problem, and shots up the right orbit would consistently settle in the saucer and register the shot. I tried changing the playfield pitch but this has made no difference.
As you might imagine, this is frustrating. Just last night, I was on song 9 and 'change song' was lit; but then three shots up the right orbit were rejected at the saucer, and then the ball drained.
I'm writing to ask if this is a problem you've encountered before, and if there is a recommended solution. My thought is to remove the entire mechanism below the saucer, and reattach it with some washers under the play field so it 'sits' lower in the saucer, with the idea that the ball would settle lower in the saucer and be less likely to bounce out. But, I'm open to suggestions if there's a better way."
So it seems I'm not alone.

Chalkey asks a good question about whether your shots are getting rejected at the gate or saucer. Take a look at my post #5714 - it may help.

#5951 2 years ago

Okay, I made a video...I shot the right orbit repeatedly, and edited out all the dead space, so I have a video that just shows a series of shots up the right orbit. Most get rejected. The first two and a half minutes show approximately 22 shots at regular speed, and then the video shows the same shots at half speed. The half speed video is revealing. Although the rejects vary, there is one thing that seems to happen consistently: a solid right orbit shot skates across the rubber along the top of the playfield, and then strikes the metal guide just above the saucer...from there, the ball ricochets downwards into the gate for the reject (examples at 7:07, 8:20 and 9:24). Even some of the balls that don't get rejected seem to bounce off the ball guide above the saucer and then ricochet off the gate, but the gate sometimes bounces them into the saucer.
Based on this, I see two possible fixes: bend the ball guide above the saucer upwards to reduce the angle of downward ricochet, or bend the gate wireform to try and get the ball to bounce upwards into the saucer instead of away from the saucer.
But, I'm open to better ideas...I'm not sure "bending" metal is the best

I would suggest examining the ball guide in the right orbit to see if it reveals any clues as to what the ball is doing. For example, it may not look like the ball is getting airborne, but the ball guide may suggest otherwise. It could also indicate if the ball is bouncing at a consistent spot that may give you an idea how to shape, bend, or otherwise adjust. Take a look at my post #4862.

#5952 2 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Okay, I made a video...I shot the right orbit repeatedly, and edited out all the dead space, so I have a video that just shows a series of shots up the right orbit. Most get rejected. The first two and a half minutes show approximately 22 shots at regular speed, and then the video shows the same shots at half speed. The half speed video is revealing. Although the rejects vary, there is one thing that seems to happen consistently: a solid right orbit shot skates across the rubber along the top of the playfield, and then strikes the metal guide just above the saucer...from there, the ball ricochets downwards into the gate for the reject (examples at 7:07, 8:20 and 9:24). Even some of the balls that don't get rejected seem to bounce off the ball guide above the saucer and then ricochet off the gate, but the gate sometimes bounces them into the saucer.
Based on this, I see two possible fixes: bend the ball guide above the saucer upwards to reduce the angle of downward ricochet, or bend the gate wireform to try and get the ball to bounce upwards into the saucer instead of away from the saucer.
But, I'm open to better ideas...I'm not sure "bending" metal is the best solution.

I would suggest examining the ball guide in the right orbit to see if it reveals any clues as to what the ball is doing. For example, it may not look like the ball is getting airborne, but the ball guide may suggest otherwise. It could also indicate if the ball is bouncing at a consistent spot that may give you an idea how to shape, bend, or otherwise adjust. Take a look at my post #4862.

#5986 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Well... This happened today. If you start a game, it acts normal and ejects balls just fine. Anyone else sent this??
[quoted image][quoted image]

Take a look to see if you've got any GI lamps out -- I had an issue with a solder blob shorting a lamp socket. Once I cleaned it up, the node board overcurrent error went away, as did the trough error (a downstream effect of the node board error). Node Board 9 is for the mid-upper playfield. Good luck!

3 months later
#6846 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm experiencing this exact thing and can't find where/if it was answered. I can no longer make this shot! Any help would be appreciated.

Check out my post #5714 -- it may help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

5,699 (OBO)
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rexpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=rexpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.