IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8236 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll say to anyone reading this that hasn't yet played a Led Zep, give it a chance and you'll be very, very pleased...
...In my opinion, you NEED the expression lights installed. If not, then I'd pass unless they are available to purchase. The lights just bring THAT much more to the game.

Agreed X2!

#8239 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow! That looks awesome.
Where and how did you get this?

I noticed the package post in the back of the picture seems to indicate it was done somewhere in Brazil.

#8243 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So far (almost 3 years) I have only 1 regret in this hobby .It’s not that I sold our DPprem , it’s not that I sold a completely loaded WOZRR way too early ,It’s not that We drove to NJ to pick up a routed Family Guy ,and it’s not that I took a low ball on my first pin (a MET pro )not knowing what I do now .My only regret is selling our LZprem . One of the best shooting , best coded pins ever made One day …….

If you care to share, WHY did you sell it?

#8263 1 year ago

I have to agree, I played both quite a bit, bought the premium. Speaks for itself.

However, your question is really, Is premium worth $Xk more + X Hours of tradeout to get a Prem, as you already have the Pro. That is a question only you can answer. Most, if not all, will say get the premium assuming you are making a choice between the two, but you choice is a decision of upgrade.

#8285 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

How much are they? Definitely interested in getting one!

$280 is what he quoted me. He is currently "full" on orders, but is open to another batch after he clears some.

#8286 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I could buy an Icarus Translite that is found on the LE?

#8290 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Probably only from an LE owner. Stern doesn't sell the LE translites to anyone.

The Pro and Premium are available online. I'm surprised they wouldn't offer them as a replacement part if they are offering the others.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8295 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If you have an LE, and you break your glass, you can theoretically get a replacement, but you have to verify with them that you have an LE, and I think also show them the broken one.

Thanks for the comments guys. I was able to find some alternative translite options on ebay here: ebay.com link: itm

#8300 1 year ago

Thank you for the idea pinballjah. May I inquire about your glass protectors? Did you make those as well?

#8313 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Putting together an engraved gloss black aluminum Premium edition plate for my LZ Premium. Using the last four digits of the serial number as the Premium Edition number. I figure, why should only LEs have edition number plates. Will post some photos once received and installed. Also doing them for my Metallica and AC/DC Pros. Thanks.

That sounds neat, I look forward to seeing it. When you post, please share how you went about making it.

#8314 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Any fix for the ball getting stuck in the gate where the ball comes out of the shooter lane? Mine seems to allow to sway too much back towards the shooter lane and allows a perfect spot for the ball to sit in that gap. Some days it loves to get held up right at this spot.[quoted image]

John, check your shooter gate over carefully. Mine had to be replaced by stern as it came from factory with a poor bend in it and ultimately broke. (Probably from a haphazard install) I was having trouble with the ball getting stuck there too, especially when one half of the gate broke off and hung in the play-field.

However, based on your description, it sounds a little different. I hope you are able to figure it out, its to good of a game to not keep the flow moving.

#8322 1 year ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Hopefully in the next month or so I’ll get there. Maybe tonight even

"This next game I'll get it..." This captures pinball addiction right here.

#8327 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It should come with the connect kit if made last month. You WILL have to register it on the Stern web site to have it function.

Confirmed. Units coming off line have Stern connect kit already installed.

1 week later
#8351 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

LZ seems to get all the hate of the last few Stern releases unfortunately.
It is way more fun than it gets credit for.

I've played pinball regularly for over 20 years. LZ was the first game "I had to have".

LZ hits a sweet spot of fast action, technical challenge/skill, solid sound lineup and timeless play. Other than updating audio and any mods you like, the only thing I was disappointed with was the cabinet art. Anyway, I'm a fan.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8355 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Anybody on here absolutely love their Pro or even prefer it over the premium? Deals out there are getting pretty tempting and premium is just outside my price range.

You can find quite a bit of commentary in this thread already, but in short the premium/LE play-field is regarded as the superior game. On Pro you lose a ramp and the Electric Magic.

1 week later
#8386 1 year ago
Quoted from testthecoils:

I have a very simple mod idea, not sure if anyone else has thought about this or not. Every once in a while the upper right flipper can access the center ramp, however not sure if this is intended or a fluke, as it seems the intention for this flipper is to access the 3 targets and dead end (on the pro). My thought would be to add a slightly curved guide to the left side of the center ramp that would cradle and slide the ball up the ramp. Currently there is a rubber in that spot and it usually pushes the ball down the playfield. The issue with this is that the center ramp access from the two main/bottom flippers would be slightly narrowed, however the upside would be more options for the upper flipper during gameplay. I’ve attached a picture with the mod drawn in yellow to explain what I’m talking about. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

It's worth a shot. That ramp is a known challenge as recent posts express. It's your game and if you want to try and make it "smoother" give it a shot and see if you like it. Let us know how it goes!

3 weeks later
#8426 1 year ago

Disregard, posted elsewhere. Is there a way to delete posts?

1 month later
#8569 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I think I have it at 7 to 7.2ish. Seems perfect to me.

Hi Guys,

Noob question. I presume this relates to the pitch of the machine. What are you using to measure with to reach "7 - 7.2"? I've always kept the bubble level near the shooter between the black marks and use a tool level to measure horizontal. Is this something in the settings that reports the tilts of machine? (my current suspicion)

2 weeks later
#8585 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Follow up - this actually made a HUGE difference in this shot. Before I was getting a lot of rejects, but figured I just wasn't hitting it clean enough. Now, if it gets to the ramp it goes up the ramp almost every time. No idea if this is a common thing, or just my machine, but worth looking at if you feel like you're getting rejected when you shouldn't be.

I appreciate you posting your experience and approach to address. I do think it is a common build alignment, I've seen it on my machine and another at an arcade. Based on your experience, I'll get likely try to adjust my own as well next time I'm working on the machine. Thanks for pointing it out and documenting it.

1 month later
#8712 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Hi all, I’m getting a ball stuck behind the fin of The Mothership (see photo) any suggestions on preventing this from happening? Thank you in advance!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm away from my machine at the moment, but I don't think the ball should be going up there at all. Looks like it's leaving the Zeppelin ramp after the turn.

Does your ramp and track leading towards the Zeppelin (after the 180 degree turn) appear mostly level? Have you done any work on that area lately that would have changed it's flow? I see you replaced the Zeppelin itself, is that installed level over the track?

3 weeks later
#8747 1 year ago

It is accurate to say I really enjoy LZ music, but I love the way LZ pinball shoots more than anything. I can see why some folks don't like it, with its sparse mechs and its relative shallow theme integration , but for great flow, with options on shots, I just love it.

1 month later
#8803 11 months ago
Quoted from iBruno:

1- You guys change any factory settings to use in freeplay mode?
2- Any way to change backglass light percent? I couldn't find it in the settings.

Yes, you can adjust the backlight brightness in the settings, I don't know where it is off top of my head however. I put mine down pretty far to reduce glare on the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=polypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.