20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-ike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8276 1 year ago

Finally joined the club! Working on getting my key updates, mylar and mods in place before setting into the line-up!

Have really enjoyed on location, ready to play it loud at home!

20221014_183002 (resized).jpg20221014_183002 (resized).jpg
#8305 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I ordered them from Collage.com. They recently closed down, I guess giving away too many glass covers, was not a good business model.

I also just saw collage.com closed recently. I'm glad I got my LZ blanket ordered earlier this year while waiting for the pin to be made. My Rush too.

Such a bummer. They really made it easy to get glass covers for pins made.

20220203_155955 (resized).jpg20220203_155955 (resized).jpgResized_20221009_152037 (resized).jpegResized_20221009_152037 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#8336 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

[quoted image]
I haven’t had any stuck ball issues or gate falling off issues.

That is what my gate looks like when installed too, however in less than 50 games, my gate has come out of the top hole (bottom of the pic shown) and hung over the playfield once, and completely fallen out of it’s mounting points twice and onto the playfield during a multi-ball.

I haven’t yet remounted the gate the third time yet, it’s pretty easy to do, but wanted to see how the game played without the gate. It’s ok, but the ball does often return to the shooter lane, so I will likely remount the gate. The bend to keep the gate 1-way seems fine.

Am I reading correctly in this thread that folks are bending the other end just slightly once mounted, to help prevent it from easily popping out? Are any Stern replacements different enough to be worth asking for?

The game is awesome, I don’t have my multiplier strategy down yet to pop some of the huge scores I’ve seen, but the PinWoofer upgrade makes the machine ROCK! I like the shaker motor too.

#8354 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you don't want to solder just get the Pinnovators sub adaptor.
If you get the Pinwoofer and want a sub you will need to solder + and - to the base cabinet leads and attach the sub.

You probably can solder, but I’ve never needed to. I have the Pinnovators adapter, love it.

I did also just upgrade to the Pinwoofer Super Spike Kit on my LZ Prem, if you get the super spike kit, it comes with the Line Trimmer adapter that allows you to tie right into the Pinnovator sub adapter. No solder needed. Sounds great now. Highly recommend, I added to my Christmas wish list a PW kit for my Kiss Prem, and would consider PW for my Rush LE, both already have powered subs through Pinnovator.

Pretty easy install really.

#8378 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I also noticed there is no alignment dot For the upper flipper, when at rest mine has a slight gap as shown in this picture. Is this correct?
[quoted image]

Mine recently came from the factory with a MUCH larger gap. I went ahead and adjusted so the flipper aligned parallel with the metal behind it.

#8381 1 year ago

Well now I’m wondering about the upper flipper position…. When my 9/26 build came it was too far out, it obviously interfered with the orbit shot. So as I mentioned I moved to parallel to the metal behind the flipper. The orbit is a clean shot as expected, but the ramp shot is very hard. I haven’t found a sweet upper flipper power setting for the ramp shot, I lowered the power to see if the ramp shot was easier and because my ring behind the ZEP targets and the ring above the cross ramp are getting hammered.

I now wonder if I should set the flipper to be straight with the orbit rail, which ZoraShinoda ‘gap’ picture seems to show? That may line the ramp shot up better?

My LZ is still very new to me, so I’m not smooth at the left ramp yet either. I can hit the cross ramp, but rarely, especially when compared to my Rush ramp and inner loop. The pic has me wondering if it’s not just ‘play better’

Interested to know how other owners upper flippers are set for position.

I do love the game and getting a string of 5-7 shots is VERY satisfying!

2 weeks later
#8419 1 year ago
Quoted from LFD45:

Sorry if this has been covered before. I unboxed my Led Zep last night. Initial questions.
Is the ramp shot (side ramp?) from the top flipper very hard to hit? I reckon I've hit it once..
Does the action button do anything?

So I asked about this too. I was hoping others would share pics of their upper flipper position if they could hit the side ramp regularly. I think slight adjustments in the upper flipper help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/168#post-7228610

This post shows a flipper I think is too far out, and probably interferes with some right orbit shots, but mine was actually further out when I unboxed it. So, before asking here, I adjusted it back to the flipper ring touching the rail and the right orbit was clean but it was VERY hard to hit the side ramp. I have since adjusted the flipper back out so that the flipper ring is parallel to the rail, or slightly less than the link pic I shared above. NOW when I hit the left orbit, I can hit the side ramp many times, maybe most times. It does catch the right orbit shots a little more, but I can definitely hit the side ramp more often.

I will share a pic this weekend.

2 weeks later
#8491 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’ve been wondering this myself. Any small tab lock things we would put on each side or something.

Stern sent me a couple replacements, I had good luck initially, but my replacement gate fell out yesterday...

I am going to take the second gate and mount they sent, install the gate, then bend the upper wire end down a little and install. I think that should work fine. There really isn’t much difference between the new and original that I can see.

#8494 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I posted an elegant fix that's the most permanent I've seen.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/159#post-7002618
Hope this helps.

Don’t know why I missed that post. Thanks for re-surfacing your idea!

#8533 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Is there a preferred adjustment everyone makes to their sling power? I think I’ve had enough watching the ball fly side to side 3-4 times in a row.

I found it better to very slightly adjust the leaf switches on the slings. My best result in adjusting power of the slings came from the Star Wars thread where the suggestion was to increase sling power, but I found my best answer came from lowering the sensitivity of the slings slightly via leaf switches…YMMV

2 months later
#8657 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put two small rubber rings on the post next to the ramp, under the long rubber. Mine broke twice before this fix.
See picture in post 8316.

+1

10 months later
#9351 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I just realized I never attached photos to my previous question post. I'm a dummy. And, still don't know what the 34,000 pictured represents.
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that’s the ‘sales amount’ tied to the next lit shot you hit on your way to 100k sales for a gold record on the current song. I believe it declines quickly, and the idea is to blow this up via shots like the spinner(et al) to pump that sales number up and hit a couple lit shots to amass gold and ultimately platinum records for each song.

Said another way, the bigger this number you picture, the fewer shots to ‘complete’ a song with 5 golds or a platinum.

1 week later
#9404 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, how often are you guys successfully completing the upper flipper shot to the small u-turn ramp?
I have to say, there are a handful of shots in pinball that are inexplicably difficult for me to shoot. This is one of them (another is one of the small upper orbits on TMNT). And I'm not referring to rejects, I'm asking how often you can skillfully make that shot. I'm at 5% or so, which kills me because I consider myself a "shoot on the fly" kinda player and this seems like it should be right up my alley.

I get 3-5 per game, more if I cross 750M+, it’s less than I’d like for sure. Best seems to be the left orbit around with some speed. The slow roll out of the pops just doesn’t connect for me. THAT is my current frustration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-ike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=pinball-ike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.