20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmettophoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#724 3 years ago

I found out today that my distributor had an extra allocation for a LZ LE given to him from Stern. I pounced on that opportunity to upgrade my order from a Premium and now I have to wait like the rest of you guys! I was told that it should arrive the last week of January or 1st week of Feb. This will be my second pin. I currently own a Batman 66 Premium that I pimped out with Pinstadiums, Flipper Fidelity speakers, and shaker motor. Won't have to worry about those upgrades with the LE. Does anyone know exactly what the "upgraded audio system" on the LE will consist of?

#881 3 years ago

I have the same 7" Jimmy Page action figure with ZOSO amp. I think it is 1/2 inch too tall. I tried placing it in the right rear corner of my Batman 66 with the glass off and it was too tall. Maybe I can cut the back of his knee to make him lean back more and that will fix it. Or, I may have to cut him in 1/2 below the waist and make a bust figure out of him. When my LE comes in, I'll try again.

#1081 3 years ago

Just got a call from my distributor that his LE's were shipped Monday and he is hoping to receive them tomorrow. If that is the case, there is a good chance I will get mine Friday delivered to the house!

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Palmetto - seeing your location, who is your distro? Just curious...

Classic Gamerooms in Atlanta, GA area

#1153 3 years ago

What version of the firmware shipped with your LE? Did it have version 0.93.0 already?

#1175 3 years ago

Beautiful collection of rock pins! Super envious. How does the LE sound? Did it ship with the latest firmware?

1 week later
#1780 3 years ago

I took delivery of LE #271 yesterday. After only 3 or 4 games, my playfield endured its 1st dimple and damn if it wasn't on John Bonham's right eye. The good news is that I have not had any issues with the Magic spinner. The bad news is after only 3 or 4 games, I got the message below when I opened the coin door to increase the volume. Not sure what it means, as the light works but any shot to the "E" in Led is not getting registered? Is this where the thin metal switch on the stand up target needs to be adjusted? Obviously, I'm not a seasoned pinball mechanic. The tech alert suggests running the prompted switch test but I have no idea what that means or how to read it after selecting that option. When I press TEST, I get a couple of dots on the screen and a readout that says "In Service".

Thanks to the members of this forum for suggesting the Pinnovator and the deal Costco had on the Klipsch 12" sub. I bought both and the machine sounds amazing! The sub is stupid loud! Lol... I think I literally have it on "2" or "3" due to its serious output on my hardwood floor.

Also, does anyone have the thin tape at the top of their back glass? It is on the exterior glass, but also partially under the black frame at the top.

A couple of observations:
1) The actual pinball seems to have a lot of "english" spin on it while playing. It is definitely more than I've ever noticed on other pinball machines. Is it me
or has anyone noticed this as well?
2) I had to lower the strength of the left eject due to the absurd velocity of the eject. 9 times out of 10, the ball comes out at such a high rate of speed and
spin on it that it goes straight to the left or center drain. Its crazy. It almost seems like there is a magnet attracting it to the drain. I adjusted it in the
menu down to 80 and it is much better. It rarely drains upon eject now.
3) I've got close to 50 or so plays, and I am already wanting different songs. I don't hate the ones in the game, I just wish there were more to pick from.
Nobody's Fault but Mine is begging to get into the game! Lol...
4) The blade lights are brilliant and really enhance the aura of this Led Zep pin. The look is far superior to the Pinstadium Neos I have on my BM66.
5) The mirrored back glass is incredibly beautiful when the game is off and in daylight.
6) Even on the minimal setting, the shaker motor is constantly going off during gameplay. I know this adds to the experience but what will it do to the fasteners holding the game together? This sucker shakes a lot!

I am thoroughly happy with the machine and its appearance. I look forward to future updates on firmware and continued gameplay to hone my skills. Some of the scores I see being posted are unreal. I have a long ways to go scoring wise, but I look forward to the journey.
zep pinball 1 (resized).jpgzep pinball 1 (resized).jpgzep pinball 2 (resized).jpgzep pinball 2 (resized).jpg

#2087 3 years ago

If anyone wants to buy just the Pyle speakers, they are only $24/pair

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is mine in resting position and I haven’t messed with it.
I will say, the tilt of it is far more than any other spinner on any game I own. Looks odd.
[quoted image]

That is exactly the way mine looks. When it grabs the ball and takes it underneath the playfield, I notice it straightens out to almost perfect perpendicular at the last second as it disappears. My spinner works with no problems.

#2659 3 years ago

Once I did the update to .95 code last week, I started getting a slow boot up, with a blank screen (actually, I see a black rectangular box on the screen) . The unit will cycle through a 2nd time and then reboot successfully. It did not happen with the old code.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So yesterday I had my first non-booting Stern. Turned it on and waited at least a minute. Nothing but a black screen. Turned it off, waited a few seconds then back on. Nothing but a black screen and I could hear a board in the backbox making a weird repeating sound. Turned it off again.
Third time I turned it on and it came up normally. Man, I was breathing a sigh of relief!
Anyone else had this or similar on LZ?

2 weeks later
#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Any update when toppers are coming out?

Today, I received the side armor kit I ordered back in Dec. In late Dec, upgraded to a LE after my distro received an unexpected additional allocation. Guess I forgot I ordered the side armor. I probably ordered a shooter knob too, lol...

I've been told late March on the toppers.

1 month later
#3619 3 years ago

I'm not surprised there is another update after 1.0 due to some weird things I noticed after the update. My wife and I were playing a 2 player game last night with me as player 1. When it was time for her 1st ball, she already had 5000 points before pulling the plunger on ball 1.
Electric Magic stayed up through player exchanges, even when the other player had not earned the "right" to EM. Another time, EM was lit and it would never capture a ball, no matter how many times you ripped the spinner. It stayed up indefinitely through the round until ball 3 drained. After we started another game, it went down on its own before player 1 shot the 1st shot.

1 week later
#3838 3 years ago

Looks awesome! You own the same 2 machines I do. Can't wait to get the topper too!

Quoted from cantbfrank:

My birthday is tomorrow and look what I got in the mail today from Gary.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#4080 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing. My topper came in today with no instructions.
One thing though, the spotlights are really loud when they rotate. My wife could hear them in the other room while watching tv. Hopefully, one of you techo -gurus can come up with a fix to make them quiet. Is there a setting in the menu options to make the spotlights rotate only during "attraction" mode and not during gameplay?

Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Looks Great ,I Do like the Pro Artwork ,So can you post a picture of the wiring page for the topper ,Unless i,m missing something My install papers that came with topper are only showing me where 2 of the 3 plugs go ?[quoted image]

#4083 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Congratulations, where did you order ? I am Still waiting

I'm lucky, I live 20 minutes from Marcos Specialties. I signed up for the auto email notification for when they were in stock. I got an email yesterday saying they had them and I called immediately and picked the topper up on my way home from work. I think they only received a couple and they were claimed within minutes.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My topper just came in from Flippin Out. No notification email, so was a surprise. Yeah baby!
[quoted image]

Congrats. Please let me know if yours has a loud "whizzing" sound when the lights rotate. I swear mine is obnoxiously loud.

8 months later
#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:Yes when they are built again, but rumor has it none will be built in 2022.

When I ordered my RUSH LE, I heard the same thing. Stern will not produce any LZ machines in 2022. I also heard that BM66 is done and there is a good chance that Iron Maiden & Guardians of the Galaxy will not be produced again either.

3 months later
#7733 1 year ago

Crazy thing about Stern LZ shooter rod. I ordered mine back in Dec of 2020 from FlipNOut for the original $89 price. I emailed poor Zach every month for an update for over a year now. His response has been consistently, "Stern hasn't given me any shipping info yet. I'll gladly give you a refund if you want." I would always decline the refund offer and tell him I would continue to wait.
Patience pays off. I came back from lunch today, and damn if the Stern box wasn't sitting in my cubicle chair at work! I looked and thought, "What the hell is this?" Lol.. Oh! My LZ shooter rod!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,699 (OBO)
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmettophoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=palmettophoto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.