IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5578 2 years ago

Those who have a Pro - Do you have the Expressions lighting kit ? Is the additional light show a good addition to the game ? Any tips on installation if you add it to the game ?

#5616 2 years ago

Is the seizure feature limited to Premium and LE ? Is it the Expression lighting or lighting from the playfield ? Or the feature mech in Premium and LE ?

Can you clarify - just joined yesterday with a new Pro.

Lot's to catch up and learn about the pin.

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and I'll let you know when I have a game longer than 10 minutes.
EDIT: Wait! I lied. I had a game longer than 10 minutes. But it was a 2-player game.

Same for me boob. Short games with my abilities.

Got a Pro delivered to me on Wednesday.

Took me 6 months to get over the cabinet artwork but finally figured out you don't play the cabinet and called up the distro and said send one.

First handful of games seemed to last fairly normal times for me. Short but not horrible ball times. Updated code and games seem to have gotten shorter yet. Yeah a 10 minute game for me would be a feat. Ha Ha.

Side note for boob :
Had a friend bring his escalara over to help me get it downstairs when it was delivered. He never loans it out So it was ready to go. Still on his first one. We don't have any young guys living in their grandmas flooded basements around here so equipment stays in top shape. Glad my buddy has been helping when I have new pins arrive. He's a very good escalara driver too.

#5643 2 years ago

Yup - you can cradle your shots and shoot or play all speed. I wind up with short games either way. Have had some good games, but I think I was playing generally longer games before I updated the code. Have to play more games and get acquainted with the pin. I'll get some time in today.

I need to play better.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5702 2 years ago

Zep Pro plays very well and quite enjoyable.

#5749 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Got me alt translite for premium love it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I got one and it arrived today. Put it on my Pro - big improvement !

#5752 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:which one did you get .photo ?

Band members like the one shown in post #5739

Nice and bright, has very good sharp detail. Very well done.

4 weeks later
#6038 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'll be honest, this game was not on my radar at all. I am indifferent on the band...I won't turn them off, but won't seek them out either. The reveal, etc I thought looked decent, but nothing that had me too excited. I finally got to play one a week or so ago, and holy hell, this might be the best shooting game I have ever played. Not exaggerating, the shots are so satisfying...especially the right ramp and the side ramp. I didn't get much feel for the rules, but later watching the RayDay tutorial, I have to say they are not all that intuitive, but definitely interesting. Lots of depth and unique rules for sure. It's one I can't wait to dig deeper into.
By contrast, I was super pumped about Mandalorian. Huge fan of the theme, playfield looked fun and interesting, good, straightforward rules. It was a slam dunk machine for me, 100%. I've played a few different ones now and...meh. I just can't seem to get into it. It's not bad by any means, and maybe it will grow on me, but I'm really glad I didn't sell anything for one.
Just goes to show how initial impressions can be completely wrong...especially before actually flipping a machine. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying I have no interest in Mando but am looking around the gameroom pondering what I can sell for a Led Zeppelin!
This might end up being a machine kind of like Stranger Things, where it gets lost in the shuffle and dismissed until more people get a chance to actually play. I just can't imagine anyone who is a fan of smooth, flowy games not enjoying this.

I passed on this one out of the gate mainly because of the cabinet artwork. Glad I bought one later. It is an excellent shooter. Playfield has more going on than meets the eye. Shoots really smooth.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#6262 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm pretty sure the EM spinner is the most satisfying spinner I have ever ripped. It's an odd location for a spinner, which I really enjoy, and man does that sucker spin like crazy when you nail it. Add the magnet catch and disappearing act, and I find it a ton of fun. I have admittedly never played a pro, but removing that mech and turning the side ramp into a dead-end target shot do not seem like changes I could be content with. I'm glad so many enjoy their pro, but in this case the upgrade would be worth it to me.
Hoping to join the club sometime soon! This is one of those rare games that I can't stop thinking about since finally playing it, which is weird as it wasn't even on my radar before. Even Godzilla, while amazing looking, hasn't lured me away from wanting LZ next (though of course, I haven't played GZ yet). Those LZ shots are just so freaking good. And the rules are so unique and interesting. I never get sick of watching RayDay's streams. Man I wish I could play like that!

You can come and play my Pro - you might find you like it more than you think...

#6322 2 years ago

@ John-Floyd - good to hear your topper conundrum is figured out.

@ beelzeboob - I prefer that all my games are played topless.

#6329 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love toppers...I think they add to the overall wow factor of the game--as long as they're not over the top (see what I did there?). Like that recent fogging IJ topper that Elite Toppers made for $20k or whatever it was.

Actually I don't have enough head or ceiling height in my basement to install toppers. If I did, they would touch the floor joists above. So the lack of enough height saves me the cost of buying any toppers. My games actually look good as is without toppers in the space they are in.

Toppers are getting to be silly money cost anyway. I do appreciate seeing some of the homebuilt toppers people make though. Some folks make toppers that as good looking as factory toppers.

Toppers are alright and have their place, but Topless can be really good too !

Sometimes Topless is truly Outstanding ....

1 week later
#6416 2 years ago

Last thing you want to put in your pin. Don't do it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=noquarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.