20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckyjonah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3474 3 years ago

Led Zep has landed in England!

IMG_7867 (resized).JPGIMG_7867 (resized).JPG

I have a couple of issues/queries, but I'll stick those in a separate post to make it easier to reply...

#3475 3 years ago

So I just received and set up my LZ Prem (my first ever Stern).... I have some issues/queries:

1. I wasn't sure if there was a problem with LHS plastic #32 which looked loose... then it came flying off complete with posts half way through a game:

IMG_7869-medium (resized).JPGIMG_7869-medium (resized).JPG

I lifted the playfield and could hear what I assume are screws moving inside but they won't drop out and I can't see them. Also that plastic looks impossible to fix in place even if I found the screws?

2. Is it normal that the EM remains up at the end of a game, even when the machine is turned off? I've had one completely new game start with it left up (it then lowered after ball launch)... I made sure I installed v0.98 before playing it (spinner/EM seems to play fine).

3. The connector for the power cable looks half-melted/welded onto the backbox.. is this normal for Stern machines?

IMG_7876-medium (resized).JPGIMG_7876-medium (resized).JPG

EDIT: Turns out it was glue Scraped off quite easily, it blended so perfectly with the black plastic it looked melted

4. I've already had 3 or 4 airballs including a hefty one into the top glass... I can't identify the cause yet, it's not the EM, seems to be something on the LHS? Anyone else identified an issue with this? (These were really rare on my Williams/Bally machines?)

5. The back panel with the song list is bowed in the middle... is this "normal"?

IMG_7874 (resized).JPGIMG_7874 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

My new high score
[quoted image]

How is that even possible?! Can you explain to us mere mortals how you can get such a high score... assuming your game didn't last 48 hours!

In fact, anyone else with tips for getting the 1B+ scores?

1 week later
#3865 3 years ago

Anyone else having problems with 1.02 code for Premium? It downloads and unzips fine but after inserting USB stick into machine it says it can't unpack it (after loading/extracting the full 4.3GB from the stick)... and leaves the machine unplayable and asking for an update USB

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

I have a pro, but for the 1.0 code something similar happened to me:
For 3 attempts the update would start to download from the usb and then stop and give me a “can’t unpack” message about one third of the way done. My machine was still playable afterwards and would boot up and play fine with the previous code.
Finally I switched from the c15 to the c9 USB port (they are side by side) and bingo- file loaded with no problem.
I found it odd because I think I did all the previous updates successfully using the c15 port with the same usb stick. I can’t explain it.

I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one but it's very strange isn't it - I tried 3 more times and on the 4th time it just worked. I didn't do anything differently.

1 week later
#4035 2 years ago

I hit a major bug on 1.02 playing the Top Of The Charts Challenge - I *think*, but can't be sure, that I hit the last shot of a song just as it was about to time out and the EM rose up and it switched into a 1-player game on 1st ball. I was then constantly returned new balls and staying as "Ball 1". I tried activiating a multiball and repeatedly draining but the score just went up and up and stayed on "Ball 1" so I had to turn off the machine.

By the way, what is the best email address to contact Stern with? I emailed parts.service at sternpinball.com a week ago about problem with plastic #32 but not had any sort of reply.

1 week later
#4172 2 years ago

Question about playfield levels - what do people consider acceptable for playfield level tolerances before it's considered "warped"?

In the new (to me!) world of digital levels, it's no longer just "yeah that bubble looks about right" and suddenly there are pretty exact inclinations to measure... so if you set the mid-lower centre of the playfield to 0.0 and 6.5 degrees, what do you consider is an acceptable variation on those figures across the playfield? 0.1, 0.5, 1.0 degrees...?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckyjonah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=luckyjonah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.