IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jitneystand1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

In case those of you with a Pro.....Pinball life has this for a good price.
Led Zeppelin Cabinet Expression Light System - SECONDS
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=502-8002-00_seconds

Thanks for the heads up, snagged that set on my way out the door earlier!

2 months later
#5204 2 years ago

Does it by chance hit the bubble level? I’ve had to slightly move a couple of those over the years for this exact reason…

1 week later
#5293 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It the pro that bad?

I haven’t played an LE/premium yet so maybe it’s even better, but the pro is a fantastic game on its own merits.

7 months later
#7399 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Ok so I have had the Zeppelin Premium for a little less than a year and I would really like to know if I am the only one experiencing this....
I love this machine but it drives me crazy. It finds new ways to drain almost every single game. The mathematics and physics involved in these 2 and 3 bouce triangular perfectly placed drains is mindboggling enough if it happened once...but to witness this time and time again is beyond maddening. I love led Zeppelin, my absolute favourite band. I love playing this game but I really loathe it sometimes as well.... it seems no matter how many shots I make the one I don't make is a guaranteed mathematical miracle to find it's way to one of the 3 tiny drain areas. I was able to get 1.5 billion a few times but still most of my games are under 100 million... it is getting to the point where it just seems impossible to master. The game is so satisfying when going well but beyond frustrating the majority of the time. I have a stranger things premium and don't have the same experience or frustration playing it.

It’s your game, set it up however it let’s you enjoy it the most. Increasing (or decreasing) pitch can have a remarkable effect on how it plays, so try that first. Move in the outlane posts, play with the sling power, change to a different type of rubber, etc.

If all else fails go ahead and put it on 5 ball, assuming you can take the roasting you’ll get from others.

#7422 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Once the flipper is stuck up in the hold position during switch test mode, it does not drop on its own, even when I turn the machine off, which is puzzling but seems in a sense to eliminate any mechanical issue.

If it stays up when the machine is off, that eliminates electrical. This is either a mechanical or magnetic issue.

1. Lift straight up on the large end of the flipper from above the playfield. Is there a little wiggle room, will it go up and down a bit? Compare with the other two flippers. Is it about the same? If not the flipper is too tight up against the bushing on the bottom of the playfield (this is very common and the odds on favorite to be your issue).

2. Switch the coil stop with one from one of the other flippers. It could be magnetism (the plunger magnets to the coil stop) that is holding it up. You may find that the issue follows the coil stop to the other flipper, or that neither has an issue after doing this. If this fixes it order a couple spares so you have them on hand, even if they don't become magnetic again they're notorious for breaking in newer Sterns.

#7445 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I can't figure out why this game is crapped on.

I've always assumed it's because people play a game or two, suck at it, then walk away saying there's nothing on it. It's the shots that are the payoff on this game. If you can't/don't make the shots and/or you're a bigger fan of gimmicks (upper/lower playfields, toys, etc) than pure gameplay then it's not going to be a very fun experience for you.

5 months later
#8086 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

This game is definitely on my radar, as I really like the band and seems like a good game with lots of multiballs and fun for non pinball people that come to play at my place.
I would like to hear from some pro owners though if they feel like they miss out without the electric magic spinner/modes/multiballs. The upper ramp shot while cool it returns to the flipper seems like its hard to hit regardless. To me it really seems like the pro vs prem debate on this one is all about the EM.

I owned a pro for 1.5 years and upgraded to Premium a few months ago. Despite what the masses will tell you, the Premium is not a completely different game, head and shoulders above the pro. The pro is really good, the premium is somewhat better.

Really only 3 differences that matter:

1. The EM spinner is undoubtedly awesome. But it's not up a lot, so the game really does play almost identical to the pro for the most part.

2. The upper flipper ramp is cool. Is it better than the stand-up? Well yes, but again it doesn't come into play super often because that shot is among the hardest to hit in pinball. And believe it or not, the stand up IS satisfying to hit. It's just like the train shot on Addams, it goes in there, recoils quickly off the standup and is out of control horizontally back and forth quickly coming back at you. It's a FUN shot regardless of ramp or standup, just in different ways.

3. The light up song list on the back wall. This is nice to have, but it's not really that big of a deal.

If you want to save the $, go pro with confidence.

#8096 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

4th difference is Expression Lights. Sure, you can buy them for a Pro but msrp is around $450. Premium is the way to go on this one imo.

Oh you’re right LOL, good call! I had the expression lights in my pro so I completely forgot. Yeah those are VERY cool and if I were going pro I’d buy them again

1 month later
#8208 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m picking up a used pro LZ and will be installing the expression light kit. Do I have to take the playfield out for that install?

The lights wouldn't be a problem at all with the playfield in, but the kit comes with art blades too so taking it out is the way to go

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jitneystand1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=jitneystand1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.