20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jd4444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3537 3 years ago

8 more ratings to get the premium on top 100!!

As soon as mine comes in and I get some time on it I will do my part.

I pre ordered it in January...The wait is killing me. I am a huge Zeppelin fan. I got to play the pro at the distributor and loved it so I am sure I will love the premium even more. I just wish they had more songs. They could have put 5 more and it would have been so much better.

#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Do latest update BEFORE you play it, will save your spinner

Good idea about the code. I was thinking the same thing when mine comes in.

#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Aa far as 5 more songs, sure it would be great. But, this is the only music pin I've owned , and I've had all the sterns except Beatles and primus, that while I'm playing, I find myself moving with the music and totally into it. 500 + games, still the same. I still believe this game is a sleeper hit that will start to get the respect it deserves. Still occasionally kicks my butt at times tho

Don't get me wrong. I have loved their music since I was 13 in 1979. I have heard all of their songs countless times over and I never get tired of it. They have so many great songs that it wouldn't have hurt to add some more. When I was playing the pro ( for a few hours) I didn't notice it as limited as I was so immersed in the game. I just recently got a Stranger things premium mostly for my kids but I really like it as well. I can't wait to get the zep premium and spend time on it. Cheers

#3542 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I completely agree more would be better. Seems like it was such a hard license to get. Some cool mods showing up now too. Enjoy!!

Yes the hermit is a must for me ... I bought a double neck Gibson and a jimmy page les paul axe heaven mini guitar to place inside. I like the ramp and under zeppelin light kit as well.

1 week later
#3622 3 years ago

Still waiting for my premium to show up. 6 orders ahead of me and that is down from 19. Seems like I have been waiting forever. At least I have a Stranger Things premium to keep me occupied until it shows up. I guess the good thing is the updates will have it more refined by the time mine comes in. The wait is killing me. 46 people on here own the premium but only 18 reviews. Come on premium owners ... get your reviews in and let's see it on the top 100.

#3722 3 years ago

I think pinside can officially say the premium is "in production" rather than "production planned." I am still waiting for mine and it seems like forever.

#3725 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I noticed that too. Seems weird that it says production planned and I've had my LZ premium for 9 weeks. Well over 700 games played!

9 weeks!!! Thanks for rubbing it in . I ordered min in January ... there were 19 orders ahead of me. Still waiting .

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I keep hoping I run across a post that says someone got their topper or that its on its way. No such luck and haven't heard anything on mine yet either.

Forget the topper ... I am still waiting for my premium machine ... sometimes living in Canada has its drawbacks.

1 week later
#4043 2 years ago

I got word today that my premium is going to be in this week or early next week!!! Finally! It has been a long wait. I am so excited. I played the pro and thought it was great. Zeppelin is my all time favorite band so this pin was a no brainer for me. Great to see so many owners loving it more and more as they get more time on it. I have a feeling that not much is going to get done around the house for a while after it arrives.

#4076 2 years ago

The day has come!!! . After a 4 month wait I finally have the premium in the back of a van in my driveway waiting for a friend to come help me bring it to the basement. Can't wait to get it dialed in. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. : )

#4089 2 years ago

Ok so I played a few games on my new premium. Code 1.02 . I noticed the electric magic will trap the ball and lower but won't put out another ball as if it doesn't sense the trapped ball and then it goes into ball find mode rises and releases the ball from the magnet. Is there any way to fix this?

#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I had this issue and contacted stern and got the following:
It looks like what is happening is that because the spinner is not sitting properly, when the ball goes into the mechanism, the ball cannot be seen by the optical switches because it is being held in place by the spinner.
What I would suggest for now is to adjust the spinner wire assembly which should help align the spinner properly again for the time being.

Ok thx

Quoted from John_I:

must be a bad opto on the EM assembly. Check the wiring to start.

I checked the spinner and adjusted it and a dab of lube applied. Works great now.

#4102 2 years ago

I had this issue and contacted stern and got the following:
It looks like what is happening is that because the spinner is not sitting properly, when the ball goes into the mechanism, the ball cannot be seen by the optical switches because it is being held in place by the spinner.
What I would suggest for now is to adjust the spinner wire assembly which should help align the spinner properly again for the time being.

I noticed that when I took apart the top of the mechanism so I could see the spinner from above that when it was spinning one side of the spinner wire that went through the bracket hole was straight and the other side was bent. So I straightened the bent side as it was causing enough friction to make the spinner stop in a non vertical position. I added a dab of lube and now it works perfectly. As a side note I have the newer style bracket to hold the spinner.

#4112 2 years ago

I added some stickers. Subtle ... but adds to the rather boring plastics I think.

20210506_180900 (resized).jpg20210506_180900 (resized).jpg20210506_180949 (resized).jpg20210506_180949 (resized).jpg20210506_181054 (resized).jpg20210506_181054 (resized).jpg
#4114 2 years ago

I have adjusted music attenuation to -10 and adjusted the eq ... is there any way to turn down the game sounds ? Sorry if this has already been addressed... I went through the menus but couldn't find it anywhere.

#4120 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you mean the call outs, set speech attenuation to +4 or 5. It's the next adjustment after "music attinuatuon"

Not the speech I adjusted that ... unless that includes the scoring sounds ie noises when hitting targets ramps etc.... . I adjusted the speech attenuation

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Try setting music to -60 then turn down master volume a little

Does the speech attenuation also include the game sounds. ... ramps target sounds etc? Or is there another control for those sounds?

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I really don't know but I haven't seen a separate control for ramps, etc. You might however be able to cut other stuff up (minus attenuation) to make it sound more the way you want .
Personally, I like it loud so I have Pinwoofer and external sub installed. My house shakes during EM frenzy

I was just wondering if there was an overall game sounds ( not individual game sounds ) volume vs just the master volume. I want to crank the music but i find the sounds are too loud vs the music.

#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Very nice stickers
Ordered online or "homemade"?

I ordered online. Someone on here had a link. There was a whole sheet of different ones.

#4140 2 years ago

I only have 2 machines Stranger things premium and now LedZep premium finally. I find the LedZep a much more challenging pin than Stranger things. I am new to pinball ownership but played a ton in the 70s and 80s.

Is anyone else finding this pin to be a challenge in comparison to other machines?

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The shots seem tighter to me, upper right flipper to the wire form is very tough, not easy to hit the right wire form either and the right and left scoop shots are tight...plus I’m not the player I used to be ( or thought I used to be )

Ok good so it isn't just me then : )

I got over 1 billion on stranger things within a few weeks.

I have only had Zep for 3 days 150 million is my best so far with a lot of games under 50 million.

#4144 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Don’t feel bad - Haha def a tough game - I’ve had it for a few weeks now and my best is only 192 million so we are in the same boat.

Whew. Ok good. Thought I really sucked . I used to be pretty good when I was a teenager but haven't played for about 35 years until this spring. I guess I will have to put more time in. What a drag hahaha

Thanks for the support !

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

I'm with you ...I played alot of pinball in the late 70's early 80's when I was in university, but I've been on hiatus for the last 40 years. I've never owned a pinball machine, but I've always been a huge Zep fan (I was lucky enough to see them in 2007 in London at the O2) --- when this pinball game became available I just knew I had to get one. My budget only allowed for the PRO and it has been a very humbling experience, the best I've been able to manage is about 170 million after 2 months of playing. When I see the scores here in the billions, I'm thinking, boy do I stink. Maybe, its easier to get these scores on the Premium/LE? ...I dunno, can anyone who has played both comment on that? (difficulty of PRO vs. PREMIUM/LE)?

I think it is really good that it is tough. It will be challenging for a long time.

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...especially the spinner sound during EM Frenzy using a subwoofer.

Yes the sounds are great but some I find are too loud in comparison to the music. I just wish there was a way to adjust it so everyone could dial it to their own preference.

#4166 2 years ago

I finally got around to making the bends in the EM spinner, and so far, so good. The adjustment fixed the spinner not always being vertical and the issue of the ball not registering when the EM took the ball under the table.

I did the same but I found it bends again if you hit the spinner when it is spinning and the ball hits it just when it is level with the playfield. Hits the bottom of the spinner and kind of jams it. You can hear it when it hits like that. I think I had 3 or 4 hits like that and it bent a little again. Not sure what can be done other than avoiding hitting it while spinning.

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is a problem that can happen on any spinner in any game. I've had to bend spinners on a number of games to get them to sit straight up and down. The difference here it he spinner is out in the center and fairly close to the flippers, so it is getting blasted hard and often. Maybe the new spinner is made with thicker wire? I haven't seen one but I suppose I should get Stern to send me one. Mine has only been tweaked twice and has been working perfectly since the software update that keeps from hitting it as it is going up or down. That software rev was the real key.
Another thing to keep in mind is this is an opto spinner that spins real freely and for a long, long time compared to a normal spinner with a drag switch slowing it down. Once you get the spinner going, there is no reason to continue shooting it - especially in multiball. Concentrate on locking balls, cradling balls, ramps, loops and targets while the spinner is spinning. Hitting the spinner will only potentially slow or stop it and very rarely speeds it up unless you hit it just right. If you hit it on the bottom it can bend the wires. So hitting the spinner while still ripping is not only a bad shot from a strategy standpoint, it can also be damaging.

I just got my machine on Wednesday and I have the new style spinner bracket. I thought the reason for the change was to alleviate the issue. I understand what you are saying and you are right , usually you just slow it down if you hit it while it is spinning. I used some dupont motorcycle chain lube on it and spins like crazy now . It is made for metal and it dries and doesn't attract dirt. I am going to put some on the other spinner and see if it helps that one too.

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

The bogus ratings are already coming in.

Yep I was telling my girlfriend to watch when the ratings come out all the gnr fans will down vote this and like clockwork here they come. Shows their IQ level is not on the mensa level.

#4185 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

It dropped from 1st to 59 on the day of ratings coming out when you custom filter approved ratings only. What a joke. No manipulation here .SMH

#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The top 100 is a fucking joke on this site. Premium vs le right now have vastly different scores across the board. They are exactly the same minus artwork and powdercoat.
I hate the top 100 with a passion because its filled with idiots trying to make what they own seem more desirable than it is.

I understand people are partial to certain machines. That is natural so up vote that one... Don't down vote others ( the competition ) to make your choice look better . That is very immature.

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One way to have some fun with this is to pay them back and give GNR a rating of 2-4. Just saying.

Although I don't agree with it ... I would get a good laugh if 50 votes below 5 suddenly showed up on gnr. I haven't played it so I won't vote. I had an opportunity to play it but I can't stand their music. Like nails on a chalk board to me. I like classic rock blues jazz classical but turn the radio off when I hear gnr...sorry to the gnr fans out there. Everyone has that one band that they hate. For me it is gnr.

#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

There were 3 new comments on crap ratings now 2 are gone .

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes, bend the rail
After and before
[quoted image][quoted image]

What did you have to do to get to it? Can you describe what needs to come off? It looks like it isn't easy to get to.

Mine is tve same...the end of the rail needs to be more flush at the connection.

#4223 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

It wasn’t that easy. You have to remove completely the left ramp incl. the Zeppelin. There where 3 screws that hold the rail 2 above and one (nut) under the playfield
Maybe these pictures help (didn’t make more)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you.

Did you have to take the rail right out or did you bend it in place ?

#4240 2 years ago

It was so predictable that when it came out at #1 people who don't own it, never played it, played it a few times , or are gnr jjp fanboys immediately came out of the woodwork to down vote it. It went from #1 to not in the top 100 within 2 days.

Prior to the #1 posting the majority of the reviews appeared to be from owners . When you own it you have more experience on the game so your ratings should have more merit. Almost all the reviews since have been from non owners. The huge drop in 2 days shows how flawed this voting system is.

There is no way a game ranked #1 shouild get a vote of 2 -5 out of 10. That is unreasonable. I hate gnr music but if I had some experience on the machine I would still be objective about the game play and rate it based on merit . My bias wouldn'tbe a factor. It is called integrity. Seems like a lot of people didn't have good parenting.

I own a led zep premium and I love it , even though it is a very challenging game and it frustrates me sometimes, it just keeps me wanting more.

Maybe they should set up an owners only category for a separate rating system. It would be interesting to see the difference between the two.

#4243 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I had the game of my life today. During world Tour multiball my spring of the left Flipper broke for the second time now. Was unable to finish the world tour mode, but after that ball was gone I could repair my machine and continue the Game. I make it through ? Multiball. That was really a blast. This game is so fast and has nice shoots, really like it.
Ended with that score[quoted image]

Wow!! I must really be doing something wrong. Balls drain so fast for me I can't even fathom getting a score like that. I have only had the game 1 week but my highest is only 167 million.

#4251 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

This is what I did, and it made a huge difference. The only thing left is to get your shot timing down and you will make it just about every time.

To ad to that the side rail on mine is not flush. When I take it apart to make it flush I will make your adjustments as well. Thx for the info.

20210512_135910 (resized).jpg20210512_135910 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210512-195209_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210512-195209_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4307 2 years ago

Looks like the haters are not only writing bogus reviews , they are starring them when they start getting flagged. When a review of under 5 gets starred it is obvious that these people are troglodytes at best. What a joke.

#4341 2 years ago

I just watched rayday and he has his outlanes set at easy. Mine are normal and the game drains like crazy. If it is good enough for him then I am changing mine tomorrow.

#4371 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Yea no way the outlanes need any adjustments on my side and this is with my 5 year old daughter playing lol.

Quoted from John_I:

I still have the original spinner. It's tweaked perfectly and has a dab of oil on it. It spins forever unless the ball hits it a second time and slows it down or stops it. During the spinner MBs, I try to get a good rip on the spinner and then hit nothing but orbits or ramps until the spinner has slowed to a stop.

Mine is the same. It bent then I bent it back put some dupont motorcycle chain lube on it and now it spins so fast it doesn't even have sound until it starts to slow down. Probably spins for 20-30 seconds. I do the same avoid hitting it while it is spinning. Occasionally when it traps the ball and lowers i have to give it a little nudge and then the next ball comes up. That is only because after I fixed the bend I bashed it a few times so it bent ever so slightly again and I haven't bothered fixing it again because it spins almost too fast now. I put some of the lube on the other spinner and it spins much better too.

#4372 2 years ago

The Led Zeppelin premium goes from #1 to 187 in a week. Maybe it doesn't deserve to be #1 , maybe it does but 187 is just ridiculous. There is no way in hell it deserves to be that low.

#4374 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Ok been testing and something is weird. Could be my spinner and the opto but when I activate led zep targets for magic spinner it says "now shoot the magic spinner" but won't come up until I've hit at least 2 lot ramps. Then it comes up, I charge it fully and shoot the ball to lock. It grabs ball and then goes under the table but doesn't do anything. Comes back up and releases and then I can relock the ball and all works properly from there.
So two issues. Not raising when it should and not reading the ball as captured when it should.
I've sent an email to Stern with my synopsis and trying to get a video to share here so bear with me. Thanks!

From my understanding the electric Magic will only raise and lower when the ball is in a safe area left scoop right lock and maybe one more.

If your spinner is not working properly when the electric magic goes down with your ball it wont register it is there. That is why it does a ball search and then comes back up and releases. You need to get your spinner adjusted and it will work properly. At least that is what I had to do as mine was doing the same thing.

#4382 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where do you see it at 187 ,I see it at 45.

That is for the Le. The premium rating is now 7.433 which ranks 187

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who's in on an le? Mines been pre ordered for 6 months. Been waitin for a long time

#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

So many salty JJP fans lol.
Out of all the 100's of pinballs I've played Led Zep is easily in my top 5 if not top 3.
Of course you would have to like Zeppelin to rank it so high but in terms of gameplay it's a shooters pin through and through. Fast, flows (once you learn the shots) and aside from my magic spinner not working 100% still beats most games in the top 20 easily.
I've had infinitely more fun on Zeppelin than I have on Deadpool, JP, GOTG, Batman66, AIQ, TMNT and stranger things etc. All pins I have played at least 50-100+ games on now. This crushes them.
In my opinion LZ is easily one of Stern's best music pins in recent years if not all time.
Long story short, probably not the best for operators but for a pinball collector I'd venture to say of you remotely like Zeppelin this isn't one you can

where do you see it at 187 ,I see it at 45.

Screenshot_20210517-124343_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-124343_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-124442_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-124442_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

That is for the Le. The premium rating is now 7.433 which ranks 187

Not sure how hayfarmers quote got in there

#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I certainly didnt look at any ratings list when I bought mine.I saw photos and love the theme. when rush comes out im in ratings matter not.And yes Hayfarmer im in on Black Sabbath and can you imagine the song possibilities for Hendrix.

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Zz Top... I love Johnny Winter but I would doubt that would ever be made. My problem is if they made all these I have no room. I would have to kick out the kids

#4413 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I imagine most owners will be keeping theirs unless they're not big Zeppelin fans. For me it's 100% what I wanted in a pinball and why I waited years to get one. The fact that the gameplay is some of Stern's best in recent years is added bonus for me. Deadpool would be a close second for me for fun factor.
Ratings can make a difference in resale value I suppose but this one won't be leaving my collection. So for me it doesn't matter.

I agree . Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since 1979 when I listened to 2 albums in their entirety at a friends place. I proceeded to purchase all albums in chronological order as soon as I had the funds. As soon as I heard about this game it was a no brainer for me and it will never leave my house. It is a bonus that it is such a great game as well. I have it dialed in finally and it is very addicting. Sure ratings may benefit resale . Honestly though I think anyone buying this game would be buying it mostly for the band. The bonus for them is they are getting a top 10 game.

#4414 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I agree . Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since 1979 when I listened to 2 albums in their entirety at a friends place. I proceeded to purchase all albums in chronological order as soon as I had the funds. As soon as I heard about this game it was a no brainer for me and it will never leave my house. It is a bonus that it is such a great game as well. I have it dialed in finally and it is very addicting. Sure ratings may benefit resale . Honestly though I think anyone buying this game would be buying it mostly for the band. The bonus for them is they are getting a top 10 game.

Another thing I find is after playing zep for a while I find my stranger things is much easier to play. Does anyone else find this with other games after playing LedZep?

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not when your Stranger Things TK lock still doesn't work.

I don't have an issue with mine. It has to be a good momentum shot for it to stick. If the ball doesn't have the speed the pop up rod will lock it. I frequently get all 3 balls on the wall .

#4443 2 years ago

Got my game dialed in ... right flipper ramp rail wasn't flush where it meets the vertical scoop so I took it apart and bent it so it was flush . Now it even makes it up off a bank shot occasionally. Just had a great day. Broke 200 million for the 1st time and my last game got 651 million. I know lots of people get higher scores but I have only had it for 14 days so I am stoked with that score. So much fun when the shots are building and hitting combos.

#4462 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm just about 40.. Am I really old?? :O
Zeppelin is my favorite band but that's because I was raised by hippies.

Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since before you were born .

#4464 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Something is really fishy with the ratings. Last week I think maybe Wednesday or Thursday, there were 186 total ratings across the three LZ models. Then I think maybe it was Friday or somewhere close to that when I looked it jumped to 228 ratings. Since then, not a single new rating. So, in a really small window, we get 42 new ratings, but then nothing since. It’s manipulated big time.
Plus, I don’t even see any new comments associated with that jump in ratings.

The bogus ratings started flowing in as soon as it was publicly #1.

People got butthurt and started down voting it because that is what an intelligent mature adult does. ( sarcasm)

#4466 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Downvote from GravitaR. I rest my case.

I can see that it wouldn't appeal to everyone and therefore some won't score it very high but anyone who gives this machine under 7.5 is a tool. It may not be perfect but it is a blast.

#4468 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I will note that you don't see LZ/Stern hommies rating the GNR at a 3.x.

Just like the music we are more refined and intelligent

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Is there a reason why the post rubber is down?

I was going to mention that but I thought he must have known or did it for a reason.

#4489 2 years ago

Is there a conversion kit to put in 5.25 inch speakers in the back box?

I looked at pinwoofer set but the pyle speakers are not what I am looking for. I think I can get mich better sound with different speakers.

Also can you just swap out the speakers and sub or do you need an amplifier?

#4496 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You'd be amazed at the PinWoofer setup. And the pyles sound great. Much better sound than Kenwoods that come in le games.

Those pyle speakers I can get for $40 Canadian about $30 usd. They can't be that good for that price. I know price isn't everything but if they sell them that cheap the can't be great quality... some reviews say yes some say crap. I would prefer to go with something I have used before like Polk infinity or Rockford Fosgate.

Has anyone used any other speakers than pyle? Any suggestions?

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Those pyle speakers I can get for $40 Canadian about $30 usd. They can't be that good for that price. I know price isn't everything but if they sell them that cheap the can't be great quality... some reviews say yes some say crap. I would prefer to go with something I have used before like Polk infinity or Rockford Fosgate.
Has anyone used any other speakers than pyle? Any suggestions?

Also is there a kit to change from 4 inch to 5.25?

#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Hey Doug,
Looking at the flipper fidelity https://flipperfidelity.com/big-10-inch-speaker-system-for-spike-2-machines/
And a set of speaker lights, what do you recommend to get a look like this? (See pic) thanks!
[quoted image]

I don't see any specifications on flipper fidelity for the speakers. They should have the specs listed.

#4555 2 years ago

Added a guitar. This seemed to be the only spot that wasn't blocking anything important... not sure I am going to keep it there.

20210522_161720 (resized).jpg20210522_161720 (resized).jpg20210522_161754 (resized).jpg20210522_161754 (resized).jpg20210522_161835 (resized).jpg20210522_161835 (resized).jpg
#4613 2 years ago

Shout out to Lermods !!

ordered the Hermit and the ramp / zeppelin led light combo. Looks great ! Easy to install . Fast shipping and great customer service.

Thanks again for everything

Jerry

#4615 2 years ago

Thinking of adding a set these if I cand find a spot for them. Any suggestions where they might work without blocking too much?

Screenshot_20210526-085557_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210526-085557_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4617 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had Ulek engrave some custom ones for me. I only used one of them and it fits perfect on side rail by shooter lane(just used velcro). I also had Ulek make some custom drumstick flipper toppers to go with it. They tie in perfect with the theme and look great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. How much were the sticks if I may ask?

#4619 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

They were too cheap-I think $14 or so? Ulek is a great vendor and I like to support them. I really like the drumstick flipper toppers and in a weird way they help me focus on flippers and may improve my game play?-I know it sounds crazy but having a visual line seems to help me. I have a light saber set on my Star Wars and the sword set on my MM and they enhance the views of the flipper.

Cool thx

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put mine at a different spot.
[quoted image]

Awesome pic !!

#4624 2 years ago

Anyone notice that the negative reviews slowed down considerably since the drop from #1?

Funny how that works

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The rules on this game look great, watching the Rayday tutorials.
I have really only watched LE etc, and wondering how the rules are affected on the pro, with no EM, and no return on the upper flipper?

I have played about 3 -4 hours on the pro and I own the premium. The satisfaction from making the right upper flipper ramp shot vs the dead end is no comparison
The electric magic spinner is awesome and sounds great. The expression lighting adds so much. I would suggest the premium.

I am not sure all of the differences in the rules due to the absence of ramp and spinner but the premium is the way to go. In my opinion of course.

#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

My pro was delivered today. Cant wait to set it up tonight. What is the best pitch for it?
Dana

Congratulations!!!!

6.5 degrees is standard I believe. Others on here may have better info.

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Just a big thanks! To those that gave a heads up about the ZEP drop target rubber. I checked mine and it's 1/2 worn thru after about 2 months HUO. I ordered 4 more 1 3/4 in from Titan. You CAN get more use if, while you have the glass off, rotate the rubber so the wear spot is towards the pop. But thanks again, as it saves me down time waiting on rubber rings.

Yes since I read that post i rotated mine a bit. I figured if I rotate it a bit every time I remove the glass it should be good for a while.

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I did find the perfect keytag for it
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find that key tag?

#4703 2 years ago

Just a heads up ... check your rubber by the upper right flipper cross over ramp. Where the ball tries to enter the ramp at the top of the entrance to the ramp. My game is less than a month old and it was almost split in 2. I guess i miss that shot a lot. I rotated it a little bit so the split part is at the back. Hopefully it lasts long enough untill i can get some replacement rubber.

#4716 2 years ago

Is it just me or are any of you experiencing the same thing. I find on this game the 1st ball usually drains quick before 5 million in most cases ... and a lot below 3 million. Then it becomes a 2 ball game. By the 3rd ball things start going well but it seems too little too late most times. It has gotten the point where it is almost comical how fast the 1st ball drains. The game seems to find new angles and ways to drain constantly. Doesn't seem to matter where it goes it will find a trajectory to drain. I have had 651 million and 1 over 500 million. 90 %of the rest are under 200 million.

It is getting frustrating to start so poorly almost every single game.

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

One advantage that I think I am unfairly giving myself is awarding extra ball at 150 mil instead of free game. The free game seems senseless on a free play machine. Everything else is factory default except I brought the flipper power down. Am I cheating? What are you all doing? I would really be interested to hear how everyone has theirs set up.

Mine is factory except outlanes are easy.

I just find it uncanny how it drains so fast on 1st ball so consistently.

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

True dat. On LZ, you really need those EB's to get to the mini wizards, certainly the wizard mode. After 1,100 games on my premium I needed to switch it up. So now it is on factory but no EB's. I'm fascinated by the fact that the EB is 10M, but is multiplied by the Icarus X. My best game so far on 3 ball is 1.6 Bil and best EB collect is 161M. That particular game has been the only one so far to reach Mothership on 3 ball.
My best on Full factory with EB's turned on is 4.4 Bil. That is of course getting to all the mini wizards and Celebration Day.

Jesus 4.4 billion !! I suck.

#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. Stern sent the new spinner assembly. Unasked for. Not sure if I'll install yet as original is working like a champ, but great customer service in my opinion. Much better service than that other company.

I wish they treated their Canadian customers the same . I have been waiting for a new playfield for stranger things under warranty for weeks and still haven't gotten any answers regarding the spinner for led zeppelin

#4740 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. Stern sent the new spinner assembly. Unasked for. Not sure if I'll install yet as original is working like a champ, but great customer service in my opinion. Much better service than that other company.</blockquote

I wish they treated their Canadian customers the same . I have been waiting for a new playfield for stranger things under warranty for weeks and still haven't gotten any answers regarding the spinner for led zeppelin

Not to mention my stranger things playfield was bubbling and cracking off the clear coat after only 6 weeks so I asked for a populated playfield and they said no.. so a brand new machine and they expect me to do all that work ... it was their faulty workmanship they should pay for the work.

#4769 2 years ago

So I finally had a good 1st ball ( for me ) got 550 million.... ball 2 and 3 drained almost immediately ended up with 570 million. So frustrating. Waiting for the day I have 3 good balls in one game.

#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

If it makes you feel any better I just hit my highest score tonight.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the confidence boost : )

1 week later
#4873 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the exact replacement size of the rubber behind the drop targets and the one at the top of the entrance to the crossover ramp?

Also is there anyone out there who knows where I can order them from in Canada preferably Ontario ?

Shipping from the States is expensive.

Thank you for any help.

#4875 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Page 43 of the manual which is a free download from the following link.
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-manuals/
1 3/4 " and 3/4"

Thx. Boy do I feel stupid. I am new to ownership. I just bought 2 machines this year. Thank you .

#4878 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Can anyone tell me the exact replacement size of the rubber behind the drop targets and the one at the top of the entrance to the crossover ramp?
Also is there anyone out there who knows where I can order them from in Canada preferably Ontario ?
Shipping from the States is expensive.
Thank you for any help.

I found someone in Canada that has all sizes except 1 3/4 " shipping wasn't too expensive. If there are any other Canadians looking for some rubber replacements let me know and I will forward the info.

#4931 2 years ago

I got my replacement spinner kit today. It included spinner, spinner arm , decals , bracket and a new plastic top!

Also included necessary rubber and clips etc.

#4953 2 years ago

I know I posted about this in the past but this is getting to the point of being completely illogical. I would say about 90 - 95% of my 1st balls are less than 5 million and usually less than 2 million. Rarely on 1st ball do I get to play longer than a few minutes. At some point you would think random laws would apply but it is getting frustrating. It doesn't happen on other machines . I have it level and at 6.5 degrees. I just don't get it? Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I am frustrated. The laughter is waning and the frustration is increasing. How do you get a good score when you are down a ball almost before you start? I don't understand the scores in the billions. Seems impossible.
Sorry for the rant. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band and I really want to be able to play without having to start over ever 3-5 minutes. My highest score is 651 million. My average is around 80 -150 million.

#4960 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Think of ball one as your foundation. You may not score big, but if you can accomplish a couple of things you'll set yourself up to do some good stuff on balls 2,3, & extras.
To consistently score big on LZ this is how i approach it. On ball one the most important thing to do is to qualify your tour (one shot to the left eject). choose your tour- (i like to pick orbits to get it out of the way). Once you start the tour try to hit the left ramp to start Zeppelin multiball. While in the safety of multiball try to complete the tour requirements so that when Zeppelin MB is over Tour MB will be ready to start immediately with one shot to the left eject.
to start the next tour hit the right ramp, then the left eject and try to bring in another multiball to complete. when you get in a grove you'll go from one multiball to the next (LZ is a heavy MB game )
While in all multiballs always try to hit the lit song shots too. If you get to 5 gold records (icon on the top right of the scree) you can complete the song by hitting the right orbit. Complete 5 songs and you'll light mothership multiball.
Another thing to be aware on the premium is during EM MB try to hit the right orbit/top eject immediately and then try to hit the left eject this will turn the MB from a 2ball to 3,or 4ball MB.
In Electric frenzy always try to hit the ejects they lock the balls for a bit and i believe give you 2x/3x scoring.
Once you get the hang of it you'll progress deeper into the game and score will go up.

Thanks to you and all the other responses. I appreciate it.

3 weeks later
#5251 2 years ago

I am beginning to think my game is cursed. I know it is stupid but I don't understand how it manages to drain my first ball around 1.5 million with amazing consistency. I decided to keep track. Played 25 games and only 3 1st balls were over 5 million. 8 games were under 10 million and 3 games under 3 million. It seems like I can only get 1 good ball. One out of 10 or 15 games i will get over 200 million. Sometimes 3 or 400 million. Highest 651 million. 85 to 90 % of 1st balls drain in less than a minute. Usually one of the other 2 drain pretty quickly then i get one where i get a bit of time. I will hit 9 ramps in a row and as soon as i miss it finds a drain. It keeps coming up with more creative ways to drain too. So frustrating. I can't understand how anyone gets in the billions . I would love to see them do it on my machine. Seems impossible.

#5255 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Play.
Better.
If you're unsatisfied with your game experience adjust your outlanes or playfield angle. Or just play it until it gets dirty and slow. The later SR games reward control above all else. Try to concentrate on control, being deliberate, and backhand every shot you can.

It is easy just to say play better but alot of the time it doesn't seem to matter as it will find a way to drain . It doesn't seem to matter where it hits it will find the trajectory to an outlane or sdtm. The thing is on other machines I don't get the same type of creative ball drain. I gan get consistent high scores on stranger things over a billion. Other machines I can get extended play time. It isn't so much about the score as it is about play time and going deeper into the game. It sucks having to start over again and again knowing that the likelihood of 1 or 2 balls draining so quickly and sometimes without a touch is inevitable. When I occasionally get some play time it is a great feeling and a great game. I am just frustrated that it drains so freakishly. Even my girlfriend can't understand it. She didn't believe me at first. Then I asked her to watch and she eventually said that it is really strange that no matter what it hits it goes down.

#5262 2 years ago

Well I guess my whining helped haha. I just played and I completed 8 songs and almost the 4th tour ... I actually had a frenzy that lasted a while ... I got my high score 803 million. That should keep me going for a while.
That is exactly what I needed... a good game to alleviate some frustration.
I know that isn't the greatest score around but I am getting closer to 1 billion

#5273 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

ok... Just noticed this show up in front of the center ramp. Looks like it may be from the Icarus but I'm not seeing where any tips?
Edit; disregard found it.
[quoted image]

You better turn that rubber. Looks like it is starting to wear.

#5304 2 years ago

Well I had 798 million on my second ball today. My high score was 803 100... 3rd ball drained right away and I ended up with 803 700. I thought I was going to crush my high score .

Starting to get more consistent with scores over 300 million now. I still don't know all the rules though but I am learning.

#5426 2 years ago

I almost completed all 4 tours today. Only needed 2 side ramps. Lit extra ball ... got all excited that I was finally going to get 4 tours done as long as I hit the scoop..... the bad bounce into a right outlane drain.

Sooooo close.

1 month later
#5929 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So I was feeling pretty good about my 800+ million and my buddy comes over and puts up a 24X Icarus and gets over 4 Billion with the help of a huge mothership. Crazy.
Fun game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And I was just going to post that I was so happy to beat my high score of 803 million and got 1 325 000 000 and then i read this. Thanks for the ego deflation. Haha

3 months later
#6774 2 years ago

Finally broke my high score of 1 335 000 000!!

Just scored 1 562 226 670... still haven't completed all ten songs. 1 frenzy ,1 mothership multiball,1 world tour.

2 months later
#7394 2 years ago

Ok so I have had the Zeppelin Premium for a little less than a year and I would really like to know if I am the only one experiencing this....

I love this machine but it drives me crazy. It finds new ways to drain almost every single game. The mathematics and physics involved in these 2 and 3 bouce triangular perfectly placed drains is mindboggling enough if it happened once...but to witness this time and time again is beyond maddening. I love led Zeppelin, my absolute favourite band. I love playing this game but I really loathe it sometimes as well.... it seems no matter how many shots I make the one I don't make is a guaranteed mathematical miracle to find it's way to one of the 3 tiny drain areas. I was able to get 1.5 billion a few times but still most of my games are under 100 million... it is getting to the point where it just seems impossible to master. The game is so satisfying when going well but beyond frustrating the majority of the time. I have a stranger things premium and don't have the same experience or frustration playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jd4444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=jd4444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.