IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (2 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 3 years ago

Where's the info? Was there a communication breakdown?

#129 3 years ago

Well, the armor looks great on Road Show, and Zep played a lot of Shows on the Road, so...
5f6.gif5f6.gif

#146 3 years ago

Current mood.
av (resized).jpgav (resized).jpg

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Based of how inferior this is to my JJPCE....I'm out! It doesn't even come close to the immersion of what Jersey Jack is offering compared to this crap! I don't need to see the same picture over and over again as to only find out that the biggest feature is nothing more than the spinner! The one thing I got out of this is that jjp cares more about how to use their licensing versus Stern. If anything, this only solidified my purchase and makes me thank God I did not get rid of my GNR for this turd

3C6C7444-1A6A-4288-9550-D0C30EEBE15F.gif3C6C7444-1A6A-4288-9550-D0C30EEBE15F.gif
#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well on that comparison, we agree. I like Beatles art package better too. Not really a fan of 10 naked Ikarus all over the machine, lol. Overall, still like the LE, maybe will put cloths on Ikarus.

Honestly the side art would be great if the translite was more interesting.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Did they really commit to 600 LEs?

500 last I heard. The LE is begging for an Electric Magic alt translite or something similar.

201008182133423532 (resized).jpg201008182133423532 (resized).jpgc995cf11733395.560fc63115448 (resized).pngc995cf11733395.560fc63115448 (resized).png
#304 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This game is missing something?
Oh yea-missing Jimmy's iconic double neck guitar
Need to implement somehow?
[quoted image]

I'm still waiting for my LE to be confirmed from the distributor, but as I look at this, the fact that JJP got licenses from Gibson and Fender is either pretty damn amazing or Stern was pretty lazy.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The stream almost certainly will make the reaction to this game more positive. I think it’s all about the code at this point. Timmy!

source.gifsource.gif
2 weeks later
#570 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

Ahhhh I get it now. Thanks for explaining.
I really like that. It forces you into taking some risky shots.

These multiplier rules seem really based on tournament play, but at home, I'm just not sure about, as I usually play as more of a quest to complete a game, etc.

I'm looking thru the streams. I can't quit grasp a couple things regarding song progression.

Shots are different per song section, but does that mean all songs play the same essentially?
Is there a reason to hit shots EARLIER in a song for value or progression? Why am I completing songs? To light a multi ball?

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

The shots in modes are different for the Verse/Chorus/Guitar Solo/Bridge so in theory instead of having 10 modes there are 40 modes (not exactly 40 as not all the songs have a guitar solo for example). So in the Communication Breakdown song mode for example it will light the ramps in the 2 verses but when the chorus kicks in it will light the orbits then when the guitar solo kicks in it will light all the shots and then the outro it will light the ramps again (I'm guessing here what the shots are but that's the general idea).
You are shooting shots in modes to collect gold records. If you collect 5 gold records you have completed the mode. If you collect 10 gold records then you have earnt a platinum record. To get to one of the mini wizard modes you need to have completed all 10 songs but to get to the main wizard mode you need to have earnt a platinum record on all 10 songs.
I'm not sure about the scoring system for the modes but comboing the shots did seem to give it a higher value (although that might have been something else triggering that).
Then on top of that there are the Tour modes that along with the Tour multiballs gets you to the other mini wizard mode.

Gotcha. Thanks. Yes, seems like a great league game, esp. Premium w/the spinner and the main important shot being Icarus.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from co_pin_guy:

My attempt so far for a freeplay card. I'm open to suggestions for changes to it.
[quoted image]

I like it. They should've used that art for the damn cabinet. I didn't format this at all, but this is one of my favorite LZ photos and I'd probably use this.

lepcard (resized).pnglepcard (resized).png
#590 3 years ago

What am I missing? Besides a well-defined wizard mode, that is.

2 weeks later
#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Posted this over in the mod thread but I think we need to start emailing stern to have these guys use the LZ Boeing 720 Starship for their video animations. They are using a next gen 737 and it doesn’t fit the vintage look.
Their starship color scheme matches the game color profile perfectly.
Here is what it should look like.
Drives me nuts they didn’t even think of this.
Anyone know how to email Tim or stern with a suggestion?
[quoted image]

They could've gone with that whole 70s Purple/Gold vibe and immediately improved the pins looks IMO. I like the Pro art though. Led Zeppelin III kicks ass.

1 week later
#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

Received #405 last night. Set up and only played a couple of games. Not only is the game absolutely beautiful in person (pictures do not do it justice), but the game play is awesome and fast!
[quoted image]

Sweetness...and I'm not talking about the pin.

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

If you are having problems with your magic spinner mech, read this before sticking pliers into your beautiful new machine. I was just having a conversation with PinStadium and the topic of the problematic spinner came up. He found a solution that doesn't involve any tools and at least in our cases, totally fixed the problem. He has given me permission to post his solution here:
"The fix for the spinner is that it was put on wrong at the factory. I tried the plier trick posted by Steve Ritchie but it only works for a game or two. I figured it out and flipped it over. Rotate it 180 degrees by just pinching in the outside legs to release it so you can move and rotate it. After rotating it you'll notice the number is upside down on the target decal. That's the way it will look after you fix it unfortunately but oh well, it rips like crazy now and I hope that helps you. You can do it without removing the top plastic cover even. You don't need any tools just push those legs inward with your fingers on each side and it will come out. Then squeeze it when you put it back in (rotated 180 degrees from original) one side at a time"

That would be great for owners if this is true. I've had a few games where spinners got "wonky", none like LOTR though. It's used a lot obviously. With Zep it's the only mech in the game. It's going to be absolutely HAMMERED.

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I still think they have something up their sleeve for the ? Wizard mode.

No way they do this without SOME sort of pay for play. I thought that'd be the topper but they can sell toppers with flat plastics and some lights for $850 without featuring additional content, so why pay for songs?

Everyone has FOMO with toppers now. It's a frenzy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe maybe not.
Again, everything is centered on playing the 10 complete songs to platinum to get there. If you don’t you have another shot to boost sales to platinum in the mini wizard top of charts again focusing on songs you didn’t complete. The other mini wizard is the 10 songs too.
Don’t see how they can add a 4th game within a game that is centric to the 10 songs.
Maybe that’s all it is and Tim was just excited and over hyping the special must be earned super duper cool wizard mode.

I would think that if you had an additional licensed Zeppelin song - and you paid for that license - you would use that as part of the marketing/sales strategy. That's an asset. Unless you're so supremely confident that everyone will just buy it for theme already.

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

#390 has landed, same spinner issue. Have bent the brackets pretty far, still can't get the spinner to sit straight. What am I doing wrong?
[quoted image]

That sucks, man. It's a friggin' spinner.

Shoot straighter. - Steve Ritchie probably.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

I also listed Black Sabbath (and the Black Crowes) as the next Stern pins I'd like to see. I seriously doubt the Black Crowes will happen, but I think Black Sabbath is a real possibility for Stern. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'd love Sabbath. Great theme and songs for pinball. Seems like a better licensor to work with over Zep. Ozzy's nuts.

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

#17 in the house! The Saia warehouse, that is. Waited all day and got nothing. Called them at 4:30 and they said they were "going to give me a courtesy call" at 5 (after waiting all day) to say the delivery had been pushed to Monday. Can I come pick it up? Nope. It's already locked on the delivery truck for Monday.
Congrats to all who got theirs...I'm jealous.
If anybody needs me, I'll be in the kitchen with my head in the oven.

Dammit. Sorry boob.

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Mine is in Chesapeake, Va now but won't be here in Corolla
until Tuesday- it's about 2 hours away. Larger truckers usually contract small firms to away areas like Corolla and that might not be but once a week. UPS and FedEx tend to do the whole route and are faster but my game was shipped by a lesser known shipper.

I'll be down there in August for my annual family vacation. I guess I'll get to play this at Flippers (It better be open this year!)

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

This is all that came in goodie bag.
[quoted image]

WTF?

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi. Im getting my LE next week. Whats puzzling is this is not a new technology. Opto spinners on many other games with no issues like this. Something must be different to cause such drastic problems. Stern needs to do more that that service bulletin and have a replacement part. How did this never happen in all of the development work, or atleast why wasnt it addressed before launch . Very frustrating.
Should someone create a poll/tally of owners with spinner issues and those not to track the frequency of this issue?

Unfortunately Stern has not been the best at testing mechs. They kind of wind up allowing the early adopters (buyers) do the testing. There's a list for every pin:

- AIQ Subway
- TMNT Glider & Diverter
- GB Slimer
- Orbit on GOT
- Captive ball / Sarcophagus lock on Maiden
- Demon Head on Kiss

You get the picture.

The good news is they fix most of them, even if there are design flaws. Sucks that the LZ spinner is really the ONLY mech on that game and it's a friggin spinner. Nothing super fancy.

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I sold my KISS LE due to getting tired of always messing with the Demon Head. Yep can’t count on Stern to make reliable mechs.

My Demon Head was the worst. Many calls / emails to Stern at tech support. It could never hold 3 balls. Optos / mech were trash. But at least it was an effort to make something cool. The game still played.

#1798 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Sadly you missed at least a few. GB right ramp, Star Wars fork ramp and hyperloop, Stranger Things lock mech and demogorgon adjustment all come to mind. The Premium/LE features are often the problem area for Sterns, which otherwise are very reliable in my experience. I wish they would put more time in on testing and bullet-proofing these mechs/design features.

Yep. I got tired of trying to name them all.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup. I had callouts down at 0, mostly because I hate male British accents hoping they would of used female like in maiden. But I turned it back up to hear the shot cues

I wish the call outs were better. Definitely not a plus. Alexa and Siri default to a female voice for a reason.

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Finally got my game after being lied to (twice!) by the shippers, then having to drive to the sketchy parts of NJ to pick it up from another shipper's warehouse...and waiting 45 minutes in the cold for them to unload it from the truck. Got it home, set it up, and it played nearly flawlessly out of the box. (Ball just hung up on the front lip of the EM mech).
My buddy and I started out first game with my wife looking on. The first faux-British callout made everybody look at each other like, "What the f**k???" We all thought they were the most annoying callouts ever. So I went into the settings and changed the attenuation on the music and callouts and the game was pretty epic after that point. Now my friend wants one, and he can barely afford to pay attention.
Good God...somebody get someone that's actually British and not sounding like a pretentious prick to do the callouts. It's really the worst part of the game.

Glad you got it. Agree on the call outs. Poor job to say the least.

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Since I turned my spinner around, no issues at all. Don't know why, maybe the spinner is weighted or curved slightly. Weird fix, but seems to work so far. I sent pics to stern, of spinner and top plastic getting dents, got initial reply of more pics, haven't heard back

That sucks. I wonder if -- since all the streams that device was hammered w/out issue -- they use cheaper parts than on the protos. Just too many issues reported on the games main feature.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I had a LZ, it would already be done. No idea what Stern was thinking with that straight-at-the-player sculpt.

There should be a T-Shirt that says “I’d hit that...for 2x scoring”

1 week later
#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Metallica while good just wasn’t as fun of a shooter and I think ACDC is a closer comparison to LZ as far as style(SR) but LZ just is more fun period. ACDC could really use a mini wizard like mothership mb.
Iron Maiden has an interesting layout and fun to shoot but man is the music f’ing terrible. Shame to waste a good unique layout with music like that.

Totally disagree. Zeppelin in probably my favorite band of all time, but Maiden is SUCH better pinball music than Zep. The best hard Zep songs (Communication, Good Times, Immigrant) are also too damn short.

If anything, Maiden the pin got me more interested in Maiden's music.

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i played 1 game of maiden at a friends house and knew I had to own it and I was no maiden fan I am now.I only saw Led Zepp on video and new I had to have 1.I am sure their are great games many people like I might not enjoy.Thank goodness we have so much to choose from

Maiden is the only game I ever bought at a pinball show -- and I didn't go in looking for a game. It's that good. Nerve racking going to a bank in Allentown and withdrawing 5K.

I'm keeping an eye on Zep threads. I was in on and LE, then out after gameplay. I want to see the rules shake out first. Not to say they're bad, but they're written by a tournament player for a tournament player so far and I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for.

Overall, yes: music wise, yes, if you don't like the band, you're probably not going to like the pin.

2 weeks later
#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Honestly I am a fan of the Refinery, but I like the factory blue better for the cabinet and I am never a fan of powder coating ramps like that. I agree that orange with flake would look good.

Factory blue is better IMO. I don't like the white at all. The only "good" white I've seen is on ghostbusters. It's not an issue with PF work, it's just what I think looks good on a pin.

For example, I've yet to see a better color that black on TSPP, despite the pink, yellow and green attempts people have made.

1 month later
#3914 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I swear every time Kashmir gets played I can’t help but think of Mark Rattner and Stacy going on their first date from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Glad He took Demone’s tip on Led Zeppelin...Love this game haha!

WAxTe4B (resized).jpgWAxTe4B (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.