20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forehead_slap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5930 2 years ago

New to this game and came here looking for this. I'm having the same issue. If I hit a decent right orbit shot, it bounces out a decent percentage. If I want to try for the lock, it's better if I just hit it in the bumpers and "hope".

If someone gets an answer....

Quoted from rb14:

While I'm at it, I'm not sure the top scoop shot is held as much as I'd like. I whack my balls (I said stop it) up the right orbit thinking "That's the money shot, right there. No way is that not staying." and guess what? It jumps back out. I'd say around 10% of the time.

1 week later
#5984 2 years ago

Well... This happened today. If you start a game, it acts normal and ejects balls just fine. Anyone else sent this??

PXL_20210906_174202464.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_174202464.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_174208395.MP (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_174208395.MP (1) (resized).jpg
#5989 2 years ago

Yup... this was it. the LED under the center ramp was broken and not working. When I took the bulb out, it's all fixed.

Thanks!

Quoted from RexPins:

Take a look to see if you've got any GI lamps out -- I had an issue with a solder blob shorting a lamp socket. Once I cleaned it up, the node board overcurrent error went away, as did the trough error (a downstream effect of the node board error). Node Board 9 is for the mid-upper playfield. Good luck!

1 week later
#6109 2 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

FOLLOW UP: for others who are experiencing consistent rejects at the top saucer. In my case, the ball shot up the right orbit towards the top saucer was ricocheting downwards off the right end of the ball guide immediately above the saucer, and then bouncing off the gate away from the saucer and into the jets. I figured the solution would be to move the ball guide upwards to reduce the angle of impact and reduce the ricochet. But, I wasn't able to bend the ball guide upwards...so I grabbed my dremel grinder and took off some of the edge of the ball guide. Now, the shots up the right orbit glance less severely off the end of the ball guide and mostly make it into the saucer. Mostly.

I had this. I made a slow motion video and saw the ball was hitting the edge of the metal guide as well. I emailed Stern and they suggested that I remove the post that holds the rubber to gain access, then with channel locks, gently bend the guide outward. It creates a nice scoop shape that has all but eliminated the bounced rejects. But just be advised that to get the post out of the way, you have to move the backboard and there is a hidden, sneaky screw in the bottom.

#6116 2 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

The bending approach didn't work for me, because the very end of the ball guide is anchored into the playfield. I removed the nut from the underside of the playfield, but the "anchor" was still keeping me from bending the guide. I thought about using a drill to make the hole through the playfield bigger, and then trying to bend the ball guide, but decided to use the grinding approach instead.
Glad to hear Stern wrote back to you...they didn't respond to my e-mail. Just curious...how did you manage to bend the ball guide? I understand removing the adjacent post with the rubber the create room to grasp the ball guide with a channel lock pliers, but how were you able to bend it upwards with the ball guide's anchor in the playfield?
Bending would have been my preferred solution to make the "scoop" as you mention, but I couldn't get it to work.

I loosened the nut under the ball guide, then removed the post holding the rubber. By doing that I could get channel locks in the space and grip the metal. I bent it using the mounting post as a center point. It actually bent fairly easily. If you got the rubber post out, then that was the hard part.

#6145 2 years ago

I need to ask for some help. Been emailing Stern and they have been helpful, but I get one email a day and we,re over 10 days into this.... Apparently the phones don't work there.

My EM stays up almost all the time and it pops up and down like a hyperactive 4 yr old. At the end of one ball it literally pops up and down three times before the next ball. The tech agent wants me to check the EM switches. Great. I have no idea how to do this, except I followed her advice to get to the EM switch test... This was what I see. What is good.... or bad? What am I supposed to see and how an I supposed to adjust any switch that's not correct?

Sorry... I'm tired of this thing not working.

PS. If you hit a ball as the EM is popping up, it REALLY launches that sucker. Good news is that I haven't broken glass yet.

PXL_20210921_184427826.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210921_184427826.MP (resized).jpg
#6147 2 years ago

When you say Check... You mean just a visual inspection that all is ok? They look good?

#6154 2 years ago

Switches tested good. I did reset the Node connector as well. Stumbled upon this in the Technician Alerts. Sent to stern, so I'll post the results when I get them.

PXL_20210922_143427026.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210922_143427026.MP (resized).jpg
#6215 2 years ago

Has anyone else had the issue where you hit the ZEP drop targets and the ball bounces off and the targets don't drop?

It's only on pretty firm shots, and I'm wondering if they bounce back before dropping.

#6217 2 years ago

Alright, thanks

#6261 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I was playing today and couldnt imagine not having the EM,too much fun

Add the super spinners with the sounds and lights during frenzy...... That's enough for the extra cost by itself.

2 weeks later
#6406 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Anyone experience the swing bracket thing from the plunger come loose? This past week it happened to me for the first time but has happened 3 times now. Do I need to adjust the plunger power or something?
Loving the game, not yet good enough to implement the Kashmir strategy. High score was hovering at 195m for a while, then broke to 265m and yesterday somehow got 434m. Probably all pure luck and due to getting multiballs. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes. I think it's common. It's really soft metal so just bend it outward so that there's more force holding it in place

#6409 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That was my first fix, and it worked pretty well, but….

^^^ This is the permanent fix.

Ok... I have a new task when I get home....

By the way Swampfire... I just bought the Big Ben because of you. This group is dangerous to me spending money.

#6436 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Any tips on getting a better feed from the left saucer eject (tour start)? Mine likes to hit the top of the left sling...

Yeah... Someone here suggested increasing the power on that coil. I was having the same problem. I upped it a little and now it shoots right down in from of the sling.

#6450 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody find a good alt flipper rubber color?

I just ordered some red.. give me a few days. I was thinking orange.. and I might regret not getting it.

#6455 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah.... That looks good. Rats. Hopefully red works.

Hayfarmer, do the slingshot protectors that you linked to get rid of the ugly fender washers? I've never seen them before.

#6458 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I’ve got Red with clear everything else from titan.
You can always switch out the metal washers with the clear petg ones from pinball life.

I ordered the black. Wasn't sure how clear would look. If you get a chance, can you post a picture?

#6459 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, you take out the metal washers. There are other protectors out there, but I liked how the pink glows around edges.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. I'll get some.

#6481 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

OK here are the pictures with the red flippers and the clear rubbers. As you can see clear is not exactly crystal clear but they are very translucent and let the light through. Thinking about doing this on my Maiden as well. They would probably go well with games that you use the UV LEDs in
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn. I really like that. Thanks for posting

1 week later
#6567 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Well my LZ pro is pending sale
But I am picking up a premium!
Played a couple games on the pro last night.
I hit the 500 million mark. I am stoked to get a game like that going with the electric magic spinner ripping too.

A solid hit during frenzy Multiball is awesome!

1 month later
#6837 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm experiencing this exact thing and can't find where/if it was answered. I can no longer make this shot! Any help would be appreciated.

I had this. Mounted a camera and looked at it in slow motion and it turns out the metal guide that leads into the saucer was just a little bit extended into the playfield. In coordination with Stern, I bent it a little bit back into the upper case so that there was a smooth transition. For me, that did the trick.

PS. Let me know if you need a picture...

7 months later
#8068 1 year ago

Ok... So do I need to raise the flipper? I absolutely can't do this.

Quoted from kool1:

I can backhand that right ramp better than with the left flipper lol.
You are right though, some days it flows better than others.

8 months later
#8740 1 year ago

OK... what is this? All the sudden it appeared above the left in/out lanes? I've searched.... no clue.

zep (resized).jpgzep (resized).jpg
#8742 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks like some sort of cable holder. Do you have any mods on the game?

The only thing I have is the Westminster Abby building. I'll check that.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forehead_slap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=forehead_slap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.