IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No speaker lights on le?[quoted image]

I hope I'm not misunderstanding your question, but if you are asking if the LE model has speaker lights from the factory....the answer is no.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

2 weeks later
#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like, you able to get a photo installed?

I'm wondering how they look behind the grills at a players distance away.

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are you going to be making something soon? I've been waiting on ordering lights till I see what you have. Thx

Yeah, I hope to have these on my website (www.SpeakerLightKits.com) in the next couple of days. They will be in the Acrylic Designs section for $22.50 a pair. Each design will be facing opposite from each other and include the mounting hardware and spacers that are recommended to go between the back of the designs and the front of the honeycomb grill of the SPIKE 2 speaker panel.

With this type of design (one that has a large etched area that allows light to shine through it) it is recommended to NOT use the speaker foam or the plastic canvas that I sell on my website. As you can see from the pictures, the foam darkens the design and when adding the plastic canvas to help spread the light....it just makes the honeycomb grill pattern show through the etched detail area of the design more than it should. So a person is free to mount things as they would like, but I think leaving the area behind the grill with no foam or plastic canvas looks much better with this type of design.

This is showing the design with a Type 11 or Type 12 Speaker Light Kit that lights the entire grill area. I will post some follow up pictures showing the design with a Type 13 Speaker Light Kit as well as some LE "mock up" pictures with the Type 11 and Type 12 light kits.

LZ design suggestions (resized).jpgLZ design suggestions (resized).jpg
#1830 3 years ago

Here is a "mock up" of the design with a Type 11 or Type 12 Speaker Light Kit in an LE type scenario. The reason I say it is a mock up is because it is using one of my turquoise speaker surrounds as opposed to the Blue Metal ones that are installed from the factory on LE games. However, when using the Type 11 or 12 light kits...any surrounds in a game is being lit from the front and not the back. So I suspect it would look very much like the picture with the fully lit grill.

None of my current Acrylic Designs are made with the Type 13 (only lights around the speakers) light kits in mind. Though many of them work fine with the smaller lit speaker area. This one, being a bigger design, it is very much recommended to keep what area will be lit by the Type 13 light kit when mounting the design. Also, as you can see from the Type 13 lit picture, these pictures are using the turquoise acrylic surround that I mentioned before. As the factory Blue Metal surround would not allow the light kit to back light it.

These acrylic designs should be added to my Acrylic Designs page in the next couple of days. I also have the different type of SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits and different color 5.25" speaker surrounds available. As well as the 5.25" speaker plates (if needed) that are even lower priced when bought with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

T12 LE crop resize (resized).jpgT12 LE crop resize (resized).jpgT13 LE crop off resize (resized).jpgT13 LE crop off resize (resized).jpgT13 crop on resize (resized).jpgT13 crop on resize (resized).jpg
#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do really like those blue 3D LZ symbol speaker covers-is someone making them for sale?

...but what do they look like behind the honeycomb grills (which is how they are mounted)?

1 month later
#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Installed my type 13 speaker light kit a couple of nights ago. Sweet look for sure--are those Zeppelin propellers??--but bent plastic from Pinball Life doesn't quite solve the glass reflections from the speaker lights since the speakers are wider than a DMD.
Loving the game, but really looking forward to the EM spinner fix! Oh, and the topper too.

Hit the W, G, R, or B button on the Speaker Light Kit remote and then the SPEED - button....this will turn down the brightness. This will effect the brightness on all of the light kit settings.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#3893 2 years ago

Is this topper the first official Stern accessory to use the +12v CN6 connection in the backbox?

3 weeks later
#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Also is there a kit to change from 4 inch to 5.25?

I don't sell the 5.25" speakers....but I do have the 5.25" speaker plates to mount them.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

...though I am currently out of stock (expected back in stock in the next week).

#4505 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Hey Doug,
Looking at the flipper fidelity https://flipperfidelity.com/big-10-inch-speaker-system-for-spike-2-machines/
And a set of speaker lights, what do you recommend to get a look like this? (See pic) thanks!
[quoted image]

Keep in mind, I have nothing to do with the speakers or what is or is not shipped to you as far as Flipper Fidelity goes.

As far as the speaker lights go.... I believe the ones in the picture you have are my Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits (Type 11). Both the type 11 and type 12 light kits light the entire grill area as seen in your picture.

The type 11 kit has more static colors available (20 preset with a near unlimited amount of color shades that can be custom mixed and saved), but only a few fade and flash color transitions. This type of light kit allows only one color to be displayed at a time and each bulb needs to be lit the same as one another at any given time.

The type 12 Speaker Light Kit has addressable LED lights in it with a controller that offers 7 static colors, but over 350 different color / color transition patterns. This type of light strip allows multiple colors to be displayed at the same time and also some bulbs to be on while others are off. This allows for far more elaborate color transitions and patterns.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

With both of these light kit types...there are things that may need to be done to accommodate certain aftermarket speakers. If you get a speaker that has a built in spacer ring on the front of it....this spacer ring will need to be removed. This has only been an issue with 4" speakers as far as I have seen. Flipper Fidelity used to have any option to choose to get their 4" speakers without the spacer rings attached to them, but I do not see that choice in the speaker package you have posted the link to. It also appears that in the pictures he has posted of that package...some of them have the 4" speakers with the rings on them, while other pictures show them without the spacer rings. So I don't know what you would be getting if you ordered them.

Also, even if the speakers are sent without the spacer rings attached to the front of them....you will have to remove the bars that run through the middle of the speaker holes in the 4" factory speaker plates. This is needed to be done to allow the speaker to mount directly on the speaker plate and allowed those speakers protruding tweeters to go THOUGH the speaker holes. I also sell 4" SPIKE 2 speaker plates to be used with my type 11 and 12 light kits that have the 4" speaker holes open....so you wouldn't have to cut the bars from the speaker holes yourself.

These details about using 4" aftermarket speakers with the type 11 and type 12 light kits are on my website here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html

If a person is upgrading to 5.25" aftermarket speakers, this is all a non-issue as I've never seen them sold with any spacers attached to them and any 5.25" speaker plates I have seen have open speaker holes in them.

I hope this helps to answer your questions,

2 years later
#9035 7 months ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

It took a while, but finally found a Premium for a great price and only about 200 plays. This is my first machine newer than Bally KISS. I plan on ordering a mod for lighted speakers and would like to know if anyone has a recommendation based on their experiences?
[quoted image]

Quoted from nocreditdot:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07090-expressive-speaker-lights-kit
These tie into the expression lights and look amazing. I ended up installing the undercabinet kit as well. Looks incredible.

What nocreditdot said if you don't mind also doing the 5.25" speaker upgrade (if it's not already done). If you are just looking for a great, not interactive with the Expression Lights, light kit.....check out my website:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com

Getting them from anywhere else may lead to you either getting a knock-off (that are not actually as good) that costs way more money or maybe even a light kit that doesn't have the features that the knock-off seller claims (yep...some of the copy-cat sellers are making false claims about what their light kits can do right on their product listing).

The NinjaCamp Expressive light kits are great if you have the right game for them (which a Led Zep premium can be with the speaker upgrade), but most other speaker light sellers are just looking to copy the great products that I come up with and sell....and take as many of your coins as they can in the process. They don't care how dishonest or shady they have to be, and they are just hoping people unknowingly buy from them, instead of actually looking into what they are buying and who has the better product.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, PM or e-mail me at the support e-mail on my website. I have nothing to hide and I'm more than happy to let people know what I, and the folks that have copied my ideas, designs and products, have to offer.

#9039 7 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I did update the speakers to 5.25. That was easy and worth it. You need the adaptors.

I was mentioning the speaker upgrade to @bandit78, as you cannot see if they have been upgraded in their premium or not....and the 5.25" speakers are needed with the NinjaCamp Expressive speaker lights. If you are using them (the NinjaCamp lights) you need to have them mounted on the proper 5.25" speaker plates and you cannot use an adapter.

Many people use the "adapter" and "plate" terminology loosely in these situations and it adds to the speaker upgrade confusion.

An adapter is a thing that allows a person to mount a 5.25" speaker on a speaker plate made for 4" speakers. These will NOT work with the NinjaCamp light kit or my Deluxe 5.25" light kit.

A 5.25" speaker plate is a speaker plate that is used INSTEAD of the 4" speaker plates to mount a 5.25" speaker. This is needed with the NinjaCamp light kit and my Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit. I also have the cheapest (don't forget to figure in the shipping and tax charges) and best 5.25" speaker plates available on my website and are additionally sold at half price ($25 a set) if purchased with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.

I hope that clears up what I was saying and who I was meaning that part of my comment for.

5 months later
#9514 38 days ago

I was going to post this on the Led Zep mods thread, but it was giving the red "don't wake the dead" warring since no one has posted to it in over 2 years. I hope the owners don't mind, and this is very Led Zep related....probably more so than any other game since Led Zep had the Expression Lights included on the Premium and LE. So...

HIGH IMPACT - SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits for games with Expression Lights will be available from http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com

No need for a speaker upgrade, as these will work with 4" or 5.25" speakers. I am not sure on a release date or price, but they should be significantly cheaper than any other speaker lights that use the Expression Lights for their interactive light show.

Here is a video I have of a proto-type set on a Led Zep LE. I'm not sure if the YouTube video will stay up, so I will leave a One Drive link of the video also.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApLozahRRppJhRj6EZBlJFi4lKwq?e=wF7Nf8

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, but I'm not quite ready to spill all the beans yet. I just wanted to get this out there since folks have Expression Lights on their mind with the Foo Fighters accessories announced today, and I wanted everyone to know there was an upcoming alternative to the other light kits that work with Expression Lights that are currently available.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the Original Pinball Speaker Light Kits)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.