20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4805 2 years ago

Howdy guys.
I'm not a owner of this pin. I doubt I ever will be, as I just don't love Zep that much for a pin that I personally think is very, very barebones.
I think the pro almost feels like one of the home pins stern is trying to make happen.
No real toys(the buff angel isn't really a toy and the Zeppelin is okay... But, that's about it).

I think the art and animations and clips are a bit ho-hum. The translite from far away looks washed out and faded and you cannot really read it easily. And its just bad scrapbooking for the cabinet and translite.

Now... I wanted to get all that out of the way. I'm not crapping on this machine. I really am not. Please don't just do a kneejerk response and hate me. I'm not trolling on this game and please don't troll on me.

I actually enjoyed shooting this game very much. I think it flows nicely(when the ramps don't reject you even though it seemed perfect). I was surprised when I looked up who designed it and its none other than Steve Ritchie. It makes sense why I thought the game had a nice feel to shooting it. But, also I think it makes sense that the theme(to me) came across as secondary.

Sadly I was at an arcade and I couldn't really hear the music as this pin was set too low. Which I would think would be the main draw for this pin. So I know i am missing a good bit of the feeling of this pin.

I will say I enjoyed shooting this pin more than I enjoyed shooting GNR. However to be fair to GNR it broke at the end of my first game. On ball 3 a rubber broke and the ball got stuck. Regardless, I still had fun on Led Zeppelin and I look forward to playing more games on it.
Do you think they were going for a more classic early 90s late 80s feel for pinball with this machine.
As I said it doesn't have any bells and whistles(apart from the amazing music library), but I did enjoy playing the machine. This was the machine I played the 3rd most when I was at that arcade. Really fun, and it'll get my money in the future as well.

One last aside... I think they could have done a better light show. Make it more psychedelic and I think the animations and clips could have had more energy. Watch The Song Remains The Same. THat was made in the 70s and looks so much more interesting and unique. I wish it had that type of GONZO energy for this pinball machine. That is what I would expect from trailblazers.

So just curious for any Zep fans out there if they feel the same as me. Again. This is not a bad pin. If you love the band, I think you'll enjoy the machine. Just not Gonzo enough for me.

#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Compared to Sterns newer pins, AIQ, JP, Deadpool, ST etc.
So far only Deadpool has kept me as interested as zeppelin has. It’s amazing.
The pro is a fun shooter but the premium and LE with the magic spinner is easily the best multi ball I’ve had in a game. The Ritchie flow shows best during multi ball.

Its funny you mention multi-ball. And that's actually one of the moments that I rather enjoyed about this game.
In my limited time playing the game I had 2 really good and long MB experiences and yes... It just felt right.

But, it does scare me that we live in an age where a "Magic Spinner" is exclusive to the upper models. Must be real magic or something.

#4809 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

In a home environment with good speakers and a woofer, it is magic, best sounds in pinball! It's a great game, with the best music suited for pinball in my opinion. Light show is stellar too.

I think the area where I was playing was a tad bit too bright... Light shows are something I only really notice when its pretty dark in the room. A bummer that I couldn't experience both properly.

#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I played a pro on location with low audio.. Then in home enviroment with proper audio. Premium and up is a different game altogether.

The EM spinner toy adds so much to the game. It’s almost two entirely different layouts almost. and the shot layout easily better than AFM imo especially when you can start nailing that up flipper shot! So satisfying.
Seeing as Zep is one of my families favorite bands this game was an easy no brainer for me to get as my first NIB pin. I’ve said it before but I think this may be Steve Ritchies magnum opus and the love he put into the gameplay here shows the more you play it. This one is a keeper for me 100%.

Well... Sounds like I need to play it again.
I hear the Galloping Ghost Pinball arcade is going to have one(if they don't already have one).
The bummer is they don't have Sunday hours anymore and they don't open until 3 pm now... Again... With Covid its understandable about the changes... Just a bit of a bummer is all.

But, there setups are generally better in regards to low light and hearing the machines.

So I do hope to play it many, many more times. But, as I stated in my prior post. I really did enjoy how it shoots. It just feels right. And we all know when you shoot a pin that is clunky, that no matter how much stuff is on the playfield or to shoot, it just doesn't feel great.

1 week later
#4939 2 years ago

I'm going to have to eat some crow on this machine.
I just played it a bunch of times at the Galloping Ghost Pinball Arcade. They have a prem and I was able to play it for 30-45 minutes with my father. Also this environment is much better for pinball. It was a very busy, so still couldn't hear much of the game. It did quiet down near the end though.

I was wrong about the light show(at least on the Prem and LE). I don't recall if the pro has the led light strip. If not... Its a shame. Its a great light show.
I was also wrong about most of the display video. I like it. Most of it. They did make it like the Song remains the same. I was able to really pay attention to it today.
And... Since this is a prem having that spinner that rises and falls is such an amazing mech.

As I said in my prior post I thought it shot great, but that was all I enjoyed at it, at that time.

I was wrong. The prem looks nice, it plays great, and its one heck of a pin. I really, really like the LED strip on it. A lot of virtual pinball cabs have those and they look great, and I always thought more pins should do the same thing. So, this is a great idea.

I think this was the game that I played the most. Great machine. I was completely wrong about it. Can't wait to play it more.

#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for your honesty and for manning up. But you don't really belong on Pinside.

Why is that?

I know you are teasing. But, just wondering why you would say that.

I still think the pro version looks bad. Not the best looking pin. But, I liked how the prem looked a lot.
If I was a rich man I would totally own a led zep.

Alas I am not. But, I think as band pins go, this would be up there on my wish list. I do want an AC DC Luci. However, and I know its not fair to compare code to an older game for the most part, but I would lean with Zep because of how it shoots and its code. I personally can't choose which I enjoy more as a band. I really, really like them both.

But, I already own my favorite band's pinball. Up the Irons!

But, I am really excited to go back to galloping ghost and playing more of Zepplin. For anyone that lives in the Chicagoland area they should really check that place out if they like pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.