20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I agree. I actually plan to put them right next to each other. At this point it also seems possible I will get them the same day!

As someone who has ordered a GNR LE (due in Australia hopefully mid year) and a LZ premium (due April) I am also extremely interested in your comparison.

To me, they are so different so therefore the perfect additions to my collection

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Hey guys, just got word my Premium is shipping this afternoon.

Now that's news for us Australians patiently waiting for LZ. I've got a premium on order and am told it will be manufactured in February and hopefully shipped and in my home in April.

Does this mean the run of 500 LEs is complete?

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Confirmed I finally completed Top of the charts and was Platinum on all 10 songs. No ?multiball wizard mode but we have a new high score
[quoted image]

Some astonishing playing from you in that earlier vid

Good to confirm there’s something special still to be coded too

2 months later
#3978 2 years ago

LZ Premium in the house - one of the first in Australia I believe

The naysayers were right about one thing - the playfield does superficially appear to be quite bare. But once you start playing this game; wow, what a rush. There is a lot going on and I genuinely don’t think I’ve felt so quickly attached to any machine I have bought without playing it first. Enormous fun and the rules are already fantastic

It does need a pinwoofer kit or - for me the most likely option - an external sub. But all in all, this a classic in the making

683328A6-1E1E-4E79-B83C-5B59AD6A0380 (resized).jpeg683328A6-1E1E-4E79-B83C-5B59AD6A0380 (resized).jpeg
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Looks great ,My daughter loves going to Australia , So can you tell me why there is only 1 coin slot on coin door and what is the yellow button below start used for over there ? Did it arrive with the yellow button installed ?
Thanks Good Day from arizona

I’m a big fan of Arizona too, we were going to a ranch outside Tucson last year until a certain pandemic put paid to all overseas travel

The yellow button is for tournament games; it arrived installed, as it has on my IMDN LE and GB premium. I have never once pushed this button at home or in a tournament!

All machines sent to Australia NIB seem to only have one coin slot. I’m not certain as to the reason but I suspect it is because it will register either $1 or $2 coins, which are the only coins arcades will accept over here. Sadly, the days when you could get a game using a 20 cent piece are long gone…

#4021 2 years ago

My LZ premium was superb out of the box, but the shaker installed by my distributor seems to rarely shake

I’ve done the usual diagnostic tests, am running 1.02 and have felt it working on occasions. No such problem with IMDN when it arrived at my house with the same shaker

Are others dealing with the same issue? Am I right to presume it might change as code progresses?

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ours works great. Do you have it set on max? I think its one of the best integration efforts so far

I do have the shaker on max.

I'll play around with it a bit more. It certainly seems smoother when it is on compared to IMDN or GB

#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Ok so I played a few games on my new premium. Code 1.02 . I noticed the electric magic will trap the ball and lower but won't put out another ball as if it doesn't sense the trapped ball and then it goes into ball find mode rises and releases the ball from the magnet. Is there any way to fix this?

I have the same issue (the only problem to emerge with my LZ so far)

I have found a little shake does the trick, but I accept that is not for everyone. How widespread is this issue?

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

While I was in there bending the wire, jimmy dropped off his double neck and amp lol
[quoted image]

I have the single neck, but nevertheless, what a great looking mod. Perfect for the space

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Can I just say that I have really enjoyed the journey of this new pinball machine and the honeymoon stage seems to never end. One thing I have noticed is my appreciation for Led Zeppelin music has been magnified by owning the game. When I listen to Pandora or the radio and a Led Zeppelin song comes on-I get flashbacks from the game playing moments and tend to crank it up. So happy I pulled the trigger on LE, it is a masterpiece.

Hear hear

I never saw Led Zep - their last concert was when I was 11 and last tour of Australia was when I was 6 - but I was lucky enough to see Robert Plant at the Sydney Opera House in 2018.

Yes he dodged a few of those high notes but what a show

EFD1FDE7-F276-41C5-8CD8-BF7C9552EEC2 (resized).jpegEFD1FDE7-F276-41C5-8CD8-BF7C9552EEC2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

A well-executed EM Frenzy reminds me of riding a good "Thiiiirty meeeeelion!!!"-point jackpot wave on BSD, a somewhat rare but undoubtedly peak pinball experience every pinhead should try to enjoy at some point.
I'm waiting too--Factory bulletin EM spinner kits are on backorder, like so many things.

I was thinking just this yesterday. I had been missing my BSD for that rush but LZ is quenching the thirst. EM Frenzy is a truly unbelievable mode

1 week later
#4601 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How difficult is Top of the Charts compared to say Number of the Beast, or Encore?

I’ve gotten within one shot of Number of the Beast, and I’m not even close to Top of the Charts yet. But on an arcade GNR, I’ve gotten to Encore once. I do think the first two modes are only achievable on a regular basis by the really good players

In other matters re LZ, I can report while touching wood that my Feb build premium was perfect out of the box. A couple of small mods (thanks Space Coast Pinball and Decals Hut) and a drop of oil on the spinner was all I added

A month later after giving it a real flogging, the EM is still working perfectly and there’s no sign of pooling, scratching, chipping or even dimpling. What a blast this machine is

#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is there a better sound in pinball than em frenzy , with pinwoofers and external sub? I don't think so!! Still diggin LZ

Showtime on TAF was always my favourite, followed by the thirty million call on BSD. But EM Frenzy blows them all away! And I only have an external sub…

1 week later
#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Pretty sure all the scores we're seeing are legit. IFPA has been out of action for 1 yr. 3 mo. but lets see who we've got here:
IFPA ranking:
Rayday 1st
Colin M 14th
Levi 122nd
Carlos 137th
Me(Chris W) 200th
Matt R 253rd
All huge fans of the game. Seems many really good players really like this game!

Hey you forgot about me! Ranked 3531 - and proud of it

#4855 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Just had an insane Zeppelin multiball and realized a ball went missing. No idea how this one happened lol
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to me last week - a very special effort. It was the first time in weeks I’ve had to take the glass off, which I think is astounding for a new machine these days

3 weeks later
#5131 2 years ago

I finally had the chance yesterday to play a LZ pro at an arcade, and compare it with the Premium I own. There aren’t huge numbers of any version in Australia…five of the LEs were stolen from a warehouse and I don’t think they have been recovered.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed playing the Pro - fast and fun, and the volume was set way above the other five pins in the arcade so that was a huge bonus.

But the Pro is still a solid step below the Premium in playing enjoyability, lacking that all time classic Electric Magic spinner device. And the playfield did look horribly bare compared to the Avengers Pro next to it

I have not stopped playing my Premium since it arrived. My judgment call is those of us who are lucky to own LZs possess one of the great pinball sleepers. If you can buy one, get one now - and if it’s a premium or LE, so much the better

1 week later
#5240 2 years ago

I was under the impression Stern has changed things so updates like this will no longer wipe high scores. Is that the case?

Smashed out a 2.4 bill high score last night and I’m keen to retain it for a while for bragging rights…

1 month later
#5744 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Got me alt translite for premium love it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Who is selling these alternative translites again?

I reckon that one looks perfect with the topper (mine is coming … eventually)

#5761 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I Have an opportunity to sell my Munsters Le and was thinking of getting a Zep premium. Those who own this game is there some depth to the code? I haven’t been able to play one but I like the layout as it looks built for speed and flow and I am not that into toys and mechs. Also I am huge Zep fan and like the idea of owning a music pin. I will only have a 2 pin line up and the other pin would be a mando premium. Is led Zep challanging? I want a game that makes me fight for that high score.

LZ sounds like your perfect match. It is better in every way than Munsters, except maybe the art. Quite deep but not confusingly so, and it will test your playing ability every day. Add the music and your choice is clear.

I’ve only played the Mando Pro but it sounds like a nice combination to me

2 months later
#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Honestly it's such a colorful machine that I think that just about any color would look good.

I agree with this. I had some green Titans hanging around so I just banged them on the lower flippers to replace purple, and they look great

1 month later
#6769 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Unfortunately, yes. Quite frequently.

I just put a sling rubber over the posts, and there’s no way a ball is going to get stuck there now. But it may not be the prettiest of fixes…

#6789 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Well I was in the zone and my cousin couldn’t Stop calling my cellphone about our lunch meeting while it was in my pocket. 3 calls and a text and it Totally screwed me up in the end but I did hit a new GC score of 450billion!
Seems I can never get a game in without being interrupted by something. Someone knocking on the door, phone calls, dog, kids, wife. How can I ever get 100 billion with all these distractions!!!!
Also there is nothing more satisfying than starting a game off and hitting the skill shot -> upper flipper -> Upper Flipper Ramp -> lower right flipper -> Eject and starting your tour mode in one smooth move before you even lose ballsaver.
I can’t get it often but man this game shoots so freaking tight!

450 BILLION?

Now that’s a solid score. I’ve been very happy when I pass a mere one billion

#6819 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Use a pair of needle nose pliers to reach in , make sure when you have it out that the arms are at 90°

It must be planned obsolescence but this exact problem happened to me last night when the boys were around for a few games. First time the spinner has caused any real problems.

But as always, Pinside has the answers. A bit of bending and a bit of oil, and the spinner is sitting proudly upright again

#6860 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was thinkin more lights than the em starting. I'm still on 1.0, love the seizure lights.

Doesn’t the option for seizure lights return in 1.10? And 1.12 fixes up the ball lock problem created in 1.10?

#6916 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

One thing I noticed. The new code read-me said the adjustment to turn on/off the EM Frenzy light show was default to OFF. When I went to change it, it was already set to ON. So the default must be "ON".

Mine was defaulted to OFF. Strange

It certainly is nowhere near as crazed as it was. I agree with the poster above - it should scalable for the non-epileptics among us

2 months later
#7552 2 years ago
Quoted from rimmeym:

They look awesome and glad that you like them. They are now available on our Pinside Shop at the below link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions/05902-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-replacement-covers

These bumper caps look fantastic and I’d be all over them normally, but international postage of $40 (the same price as the caps themselves) seems amazingly high for three lightweight pieces of flat plastic which presumably can be safely packed into one very small package?

4 months later
#8122 1 year ago

The LZ Premium at the local arcade has the same issue. The op says he thinks it is an opto problem, but I’m not so sure

Beyond that, it’s a mystery to me. I’d be interested in knowing what any solution might be, given it could occur to mine at some stage

3 months later
#8417 1 year ago
Quoted from LFD45:

Sorry if this has been covered before. I unboxed my Led Zep last night. Initial questions.
Is the ramp shot (side ramp?) from the top flipper very hard to hit? I reckon I've hit it once..
Does the action button do anything?

Yes and yes

If you can nail that ramp three or four times a game, you are doing well. And the action button is key to keeping a multiball going - on losing your second last ball you quickly hit the button (provided it is red)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=chambo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.