IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (2 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I guess I don’t understand how they didn’t find an issue with the spinner until shipping LEs. They obviously played a model with the spinner. Did they change the BOM or something for the production pins? I know it’s small but seems like
Something so easy to get right. Every new stern I get they find some issue after shipping. It would be nice if they discovered it during QA and let us know it’s a potential issue.

Maybe this issue is caused during a multiball where the spinner is still spinning when a second ball hits the spinner exactly on edge and tweaks it? This sort of thing is not unprecedented. Had it happen on LOTR and especially Star Trek. Thinking back to classic games from the 70s and 80s and never had this problem on a single ball game as the spinner always comes back to rest.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How did they fix issue on lotr and st? The 70s and 80s games are so much slower than today's games ,I can see why no issues then

They didn't. Every so often I would have to adjust the spinner by bending it back flat again. Had three Star Treks, one LE and two Pros, on location and it happened to all of them.

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from Startek2:

Hey guyz and dollz...I thought I would post a heads up on a problem I discovered on a pro we delivered to a cxustomer. there is a spot where the ball can bounce out of the rail and get stuck next to the zeppelin. The fix is an easy one. Get a piece of spring steel wire, like what is used for ball gates. (piano wire) and bend it so it will attach to the screws next to the zepp...if you have this problem you will see what i mean...
[quoted image]

I think we will see this happen a lot with that upper flipper. It shoots across the playfield and can jump the ball guide if there is enough speed behind it. Flies under the left ramp and comes to rest against the Zeppelin. Had it happen to me while playing it.

#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could be a setup issue. In 100+ no airball off the third flipper. Seems odd.
I have seen one go go up center ramp and jump off ramp to the left, not sure why though. Landed on wireform so no harm no foul.

Just something to watch, not too surprising for a new game. That open area under the left ramp will need to be blocked off or balls will end up there one way or the other. My LZ Pro is on location and I haven't found a ball sitting on that plastic until I hit one there myself. Game has around 900 plays on it. Other than having all lockdown bar latch screw holes stripped out and a couple of minor adjustments, game has been very reliable.

2 weeks later
#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think its prob they just tightened too much, and stripped holes. They need to turn down those impact drivers

Yes, found three of the four latch fasteners holes stripped on my game a few weeks ago. Repaired the holes and it is fine now. I checked all the other fasteners in the lower cabinet and they were fine. There was a Stern game a number of years ago that had a similar problem for all the mechs under the playfield. Fasteners were dropping out of the playfield onto the floor of the cabinet. Can't recall the title of the game now, think it was a SAM system title. This sort of thing can happen on occasion.

2 weeks later
#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Welcome to pinside!
That gate on shooter lane popped out first night I had game. Same thing as you, popped out few games later.
Not recommended, but i went without that gate for about 4 days. Only cause and effect is during multiballs a random one will come into shooter and auto plunge out.
Now I tried bending the wire outward a good bit, this helped for awhile, until it popped out again.
Gravity pulls this wire towards shooter and leaves very little wire sticking out on north side.
To me, the gate needs to be just a bit bigger and that north leg longer.

This is the 4th Stern game in the last four years that I have run into some kind of a gate problem, and I just don't understand why this continues to happen. First time was on Aerosmith, then Jurassic Park, Stranger Things and now LZ. Not sure why this continues to occur. Prior to LZ, each time the problem was communicated back to Stern. Is it design or a crappy part that continues to be re used? I don't see how it can be that expensive or difficult to design a simple ball gate that won't fail in use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=brianbannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.