20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

314 posts in this topic match your search for posts by beelzeboob. You are on page 1 of 2.
#4 3 years ago

In. The logo looks awesome.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

If you mean is it the exact same PF layout that SR has been using for the past 20 years .... YES.

I hear people say this and I don't get it. I have GOTLE, ACDC Premium, and SWLE and they're all completely different. You can't say they all have full orbits. You can't say they all have upper playfields or lower playfields. And you can't say the ramps are all in the same location. If you mean they all have fan layouts, then yep...I guess you're right.

#109 3 years ago

Cabinet=great
Armor color=vomit

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Million dollar question, when do we see the topper and will it unlock stair way to heaven? I’m thinking yes.

You'll see it in about two years at a cost of $1500.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think I just jizzed my pants

You're supposed to take it out first before you play with it.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone! Is this pin side? Hardly any negative at all! Personally I think it looks awful! It’s a board with some flippers on it! They obviously said let’s not try to compete with guns and roses directly.
I love Led Zeppelin more than guns and roses and had high hopes. I’m out !
But to each his own enjoy guys

There's always one...thanks for stopping by the LE thread to shit on our enthusiasm.

#236 3 years ago

Glad to see people cancel their orders based on artwork. I completely get that since I cancel my artwork orders based on how they play.

Still in on my LE, still pumped, never bailing.

#261 3 years ago

Congrats. And I notice the pin matches your avatar. (It matches phil-lee 's too!)

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I decided just to go for it LE ordered I kept having dreams of stairway to heaven last night .. oh well I’ll just cover up the artwork with a blanket when I’m done playing

I'm telling you...that fucking blue grows on you.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Here's where they got the color scheme!
[quoted image]

No...they got it from yours and phil-lee 's avatars.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My spot for Zep LE might still be available. If interested with $2K ready for deposit, shoot me a PM. First person gets the distro contact info.

Don't tell me the Pinside negativity got to you! If I did that, I wouldn't own half my collection...and I love every one of them.

(I personally think too many people around here are smoking WAY too much weed...)

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I think this is what I’m going to go with, copper illusion metallic powder.
That baby blue just does not go well with the cohesion of other colors on that cabinet art. [quoted image]

But then it'll clash with the blue on the backbox.

I just ordered a t-shirt so I can be cohesive with my game and tell people, "Hey...F you, man. It's not ugly--those colors work well together!"

Led Zep (resized).pngLed Zep (resized).png
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Where did you order the shirt?

Doesn't matter if you get it from Amazon or the company itself, liquidblue.com - it's backordered so there's a wait. I'm thinking not because of Christmas but because so many LE owners ordered it so they could dress like their game.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why do you guys want to spend your money on this game? they phoned it in. The pf is bare, there is nothing to the game and it has nothing to do with LZ except some pics on the pf. Its terrible, they put out zero effort. I just dont get why anyone would buy it.

Why does it bother you so much? I don't give a rats ass what anybody else buys...and why are you in an owners thread? I'm excited for the game and don't feel like they phoned it in. And since I put my money where my mouth is, that's all that matters.

#398 3 years ago

I paid in full for the same reason. Hopefully our snow melts so I can actually get it in the basement.

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Is anyone changing out the blue for another color? And if so, what color are you thinking?

I'm going to swap the armor with my JPLE. When I see how perfectly hideous that dark green looks on LZ, I'll swap it back and appreciate the blue that much more.

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Seriously why do you feel the need to troll the owners thread?

He likes to pretend.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s bullshit I apologized I thought this was a different LZ vs GnR thread

Oh, c'mon, now...chin up. We're just busting your balls a bit. It's not like you deleted the errant post or anything. Just sayin'.

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not gonna do it,it wouldn’t be prudent.Besides I did not say anything but the truth just the wrong place.

Well, then, you get what you give.

#478 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is an owners thread. It is about fun and helpful discussion of a game we have already made the decision to buy. Stern haters and JJP sycophants please drain this thread.

Decision? I've paid in full!

EDIT: It occurs to me that since this IS an owners' thread, it would be a great place to make fun of the people who are making fun of us (not by name, of course, since that's against Pinside rules). They can't really respond because you're supposed to be an owner to post here. Tick tock the game is locked.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Wow what great flow! Up one ramp return to flipper, up the other ramp return to flipper! Stern killing it on this one!

You just described AFM as well. What model of LZ did you order?

#513 3 years ago

That blue is a shade darker in person than it was in the Stern promo shots...and that's MUCH better!

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Orsered 2 LE's, one in the US from JJ at game exchange and one here for home in Canada. Canceled both as just find it very uninspiring ...except for the music of course!

Thank you. I knew that already, which is why I cynically asked the question. This is the owners thread, so you can join the other 5 people that are non-stop bashing the game and trolling excited owners in the hype thread.

And btw...your ramp comment described a ton of pinball games, not just AFM. I can think of a few offhand that have ramp returns on each side of the game, so your troll post was uninformed at best.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The SDTM play thru really showed off this pin!

EDIT: Never mind. Not worth my time.

1 week later
#610 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My distributor texted yesterday that le should arrive in 2 weeks. Im on West coast so was not expecting it this early, so good news to hear

I've heard nothing yet.

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What song you Rollin with for ball 1 first game?

Kashmir

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I hated the blue at first, now I absolutely love it.

Yeah...but you can't say it's growing on you because GnR owners will chime in and ridicule you.

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Distributor called. My LE is ready to be shipped!!!! Just paid the balance.

I hate you.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I know it's not a major modification but I did not like the black rubber look on this machine. I replaced it with some colorful Titans. Plays even faster...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you save the rubber kit you designed on Titan's website so others can pay homage to your brilliant choice of colors? I'd like to get a set for mine but haven't gotten the game yet so I don't know how many of each to get.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Not yet but I will. Just in case you're interested:
Here is my list. I didn't replace the rubbers in the back because you cannot really see them. Also, I used 3/16 for the outside inlane.. That's the standards size but the LZ black rubbers on those two posts are a bit odd. I've never seem them before. I'm wondering if the next size up might work better.
Titan Competition Silicone Rings
- Ring Size: 3/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-316ID-RD 4
- Ring Size: Post Sleeve - Standa..
- Ring Color: Light Blue CS-POST-LTB 1
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
- Ring Color: Light Blue CS-FLIP-LTB 2
- Ring Size: 2 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Orange CS-212ID-OR 2
- Ring Size: 1 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-1ID-RD 2
- Ring Size: 1 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Orange CS-1ID-OR 1
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
- Ring Color: Orange CS-FLIP-OR 1

Many thanks for that!

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I think we will get .91 It won't take long to get an update though. It's going to be really exciting to see who gets it first. I have mine paid in full. I hear Stern wants to be paid upfront for the LE.

Don't you always have to pay up front for a machine?

#810 3 years ago

I was first asked to pay a deposit. Sent it, but since USPS couldn't even deliver my priority letter in less than 10 days, I was just asked to send the whole thing due to the demand on the LEs and because they'd be shipping within the month. I don't really care when I pay...as long as I don't lose my spot on a game I really want.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

LZ will be more fun than POTC and this is coming from a POTC owner.

Somebody's gonna get video of my shaking my ass while I'm playing to Trampled Under Foot. And if it gets posted on social media, you won't be able to unsee that.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Sometimes, less is more. I see all these games with so much crap on the field. I love long shooting games. Ehoh as example, most shots are at top of field. Going to be great, I've pre ordered more mods for this than any game I've owned

SW is a perfect example. The pro on that game is a little TOO little, but with the hyperloop it's epic. I know people have been dissing the Electric Magic spinner, but to me it looks like fun charging up that magnet.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Ocean is on my top ten Zeppelin songs!

...and you're in the owners thread because....???

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey, if he can play nice, he can visit

He hasn't in the past. That was my concern.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Have a feeling Le’s are on the line this week and will be shipping soon! I got this in anticipation of receiving mine and as a coffee table book, it happened to be on shelf at the local grocery store. 100 pages and great stuff on every page. Excited!

I'm right there with you, my friend. But that ain't no coffee table book. It's a magazine.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Hahaha... you are right! The thing is.. I just hope your not like me and still waiting for your Stern 30th anniversary coffee table book from Kickstarter a few years ago! This magazine may be better!!

I'm not waiting for it. I'm from Jersey. If nothing else, we're really good at sniffing out scams here in the Scam State.

#912 3 years ago

...and I'm a vote for Pinnovators. Have them in most of my games.

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Where did Chas go? He was extremely helpful with my nib Iron Maiden issues.

Heaven.

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Then he must have found the right Stairway to it.

Or he paid his dues working in Hell. I wouldn't want that job.

#968 3 years ago

Automated almost always is the last to have LEs. And they jack the price accordingly as their stock goes down. Guaranteed the last couple will be over 10k. It's how I lost my shirt buying a WOZ ECLE from them. Glad I got one, but I paid dearly for it.

#979 3 years ago

I'll never see the wizard mode because I suck. So I don't care what song it is.

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nothing to prevent you from taking the glass off to see it! Why not?

Quoted from pinmister:

Hey now, Come On BOOB-you can always take the glass off and shove a sock in the trough! [quoted image]

Honor prevents me.

The only time I ever do that is if I'm about to sell the game and haven't achieved wizard mode yet.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I see your argument on the toppers (going up in value) I have an LE incoming. I’m not seeing the greatness of this topper Convince me that I’m wrong

I'm getting one because it completes the LE package. Nobody should need to convince you of anything. But what if you're wrong?

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Snotdoc:

It’s also unfortunate for those that don’t know all the pinside BS about rankings trying to use it as an informative guide for quality or gameplay. Maybe it’s time for a disclaimer banner on that page.

Wait...so you're saying I'm NOT an idiot if I don't agree with a game in the Top 10???

#1033 3 years ago

On the east coast, they're predicting some sort of coastal storm to roll in Sunday into Monday that could dump some serious snow. Since God hates me, you can plan on LEs arriving early next week when I can't get it into the basement until March.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

have it delivered to my house, not much snow expected in this part of the state? But don't be surprised if when you open the box there is a pro in it!

As long as it came back to me with some free Lermods in it, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

#1120 3 years ago

Sorry...but I've just gotta drop this here. It was too cute to pass up...

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

On the east coast, they're predicting some sort of coastal storm to roll in Sunday into Monday that could dump some serious snow. Since God hates me, you can plan on LEs arriving early next week when I can't get it into the basement until March.

Posted this 4 days ago. We're getting that slow moving storm Monday into Tuesday...and I can guarantee they call me to tell me it's arriving one of those days, if not the day after. So it will sit in my house, in a box, until the snow melts and the ground refreezes so I don't sink into the mud. I'll be sure to post pictures of the box that I'll be staring at for a month so you can all ooh and ahh...

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I do agree with that but not sure what the fix is for this. game number two it chips.. I am not blasting Stern I love the product but this sucks to get an LE and it breaks 15 min after I start flipping. I hope they offer a solution but the game is great.

You got Steve's attention, Mark! Here's what he said on FB:

MORE INFO ON LED ZEPPELIN PINBALL

I see that Mark on Pinside posted about his Electric Magic unit rising just slightly above the playfield level, and it caused some airball trouble. Here's how to prevent it for now:

When starting a game for the first time, look carefully to see that the EM is flush with the playfield before launching a ball. If it not flush, slide the playfield glass back enough so that you can hit the LED and ZEP targets with your fingers. The EM unit will rise to full height. Close the glass, and resume normal play. The EM unit will now be synched up to work correctly.

We are working on a software fix for this problem.

To clarify an EM spinner adjustment, I use a pair of needle nose pliers to spread the side brackets right above where the spinner wires go through the bracket. I adjusted mine long ago on the game I have been testing, and the spinner has caused no further problems. Yours can be adjusted just like mine.

-Steve

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where are you fuinding his posts on fb? I find him, but don't see any pinball posts

It's right on his page. His posts may not be accessible to people who aren't on his friends list; I don't know how he has his page set for privacy. But he saw that we copied his posts here and put a thank you post up. I love that guy...

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

That blue looks so good in a line-up with other pins. Really stands out.

Yep. (Not that I would know...I haven't gotten mine yet.)

I'm almost embarrassed that I was one of the people that found it atrocious when the pictures were first released.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think the main issue was that people did not see the connection with the overall art package. They just saw the opposing opposite colors and thought it looked like skittles. People did not understand that the blue color is to represent the ocean below Icarus. It is part of the art package and I really think it would be a mistake to try and change it out to another color choice. The more I see the blue and overall art package-the more I appreciate it. I also am going a step further and making my playfield pop with blue accents(to represent ocean) and an ocean lite shinning from below(just got from Amazon and it looks like waves-awesome). I have decided to fully embrace the overall theme and art package-it is a masterpiece.
So looks like MacGyver is going to be needed on Led Zeppelin LE/Premium.
-Get me a toothpick, avocado, a flint, some matches, and a piece of bubble-gum.....never mind I just need some needle nose pliers [quoted image]

I got what they were going for in the color scheme, but the placement of the blue armor clashed with the orange/red on the top part of the cabinet. Also, the Stern pictures made it look like a barfable powder blue...not nearly as dark as it actually is.

#1413 3 years ago

Supposedly my LZ shipped out yesterday. Last night there was a tractor trailer accident where the truck went off the road in Pittsburgh. That's between Chicago and Jersey. My wife pointed at the screen and laughingly said, "That's your pinball machine!!!"

Bitch.

*Disclaimer: I love my wife.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1497 3 years ago

Getting the game Friday. I'm not getting how a spinner can be this borked. It's a freaking spinner...wouldn't it behave the same way any spinner would?

I guess I'm about to find out...but it still can't be as bad as the TK ball lock on STh or the orbit problems on GOT, both of which I've had to suffer through.

#1501 3 years ago

And my, how the tide has turned. Happiness here in the LZ thread, with the exception of some tweaks or some out of box issues, and LEs are selling for above MSRP. Meanwhile, GnR $1000 price hikes and no games until summer. I don't care what the GnR fanboys say...I'm really glad I got the LZ and it's going nowhere for a long, long while if at all.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

But the value, the value and the lights and all the plastic bullshit toys...lol

They are pretty and have a wow factor. But that doesn't keep you hitting the start button.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The Expression lighting thus far seems to be very overlooked. The wow factor is very high there and the design is sleek and hidden.

I think just because people are viewing it as just a souped up version of Pinstadiums. But they are interactive with the game, and that's pretty awesome.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you get a chance, it would be interesting to know the pitch this is set at. Haven't heard if anyone having a ball stuck behind it or next to it. As far as long shots, that's what I'm lookin forward to, wont be easy at first but so fun when you get dialed in. Good review tho!

Exactly what I was going to say. I usually set my pitch for games at 7+, so I doubt the ball will be getting hung up on anything except the trough.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

As to the ball getting stuck, the two places it tended to get stuck were in the device at the bottom lip... it would get stuck if the ball just barely rolled in there and couldn't get out. The ball search bumped these out. Where it really got stuck and caused the major problems was when it got stuck behind and to the right of the device. It wasn't like the ball would trickly down and get stuck so much as it seemed like a ball was going fast and would get wedged back there somehow. Ball search wouldn't find it until it ended the ball and retracted the device. Bad ju ju.

Well, I'm just as excited to get my game as I am to find out what fresh Stern hell awaits me with this game. I'm still wrestling with my STh a year later, and every game I've gotten has always had some tweak that needs to get done to make it work properly. It's all part of the journey!

But the ball hangup thing hasn't been mentioned before, so that may be a game-specific thing on the one you played.

#1565 3 years ago

Anybody that just got their LE: Are these shipping with .91 or .93?

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

no idea what the #360 certificate is.

I've seen Stern bork a playfield, spinner, orbit, T-Rex, and a TK lock...but I've never seen them f**k up a certificate.

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

#390 has landed, same spinner issue. Have bent the brackets pretty far, still can't get the spinner to sit straight. What am I doing wrong?
[quoted image]

Actually, looking at yours, it looks like the arm enters the spinner lower on the right side than on the left, which is why the whole thing looks wonky. Especially when you compare it with the picture from sepins just below yours.

#1643 3 years ago

#17 in the house! The Saia warehouse, that is. Waited all day and got nothing. Called them at 4:30 and they said they were "going to give me a courtesy call" at 5 (after waiting all day) to say the delivery had been pushed to Monday. Can I come pick it up? Nope. It's already locked on the delivery truck for Monday.

Congrats to all who got theirs...I'm jealous.

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the kitchen with my head in the oven.

#1749 3 years ago

What are you guys using to lube the spinner? I usually use a tiny bit of Superlube synthetic, but that's not really an "oil."

Also, anybody install the Pinwoofer GT Super kit? Wondering how improved the sound is...I'm about to get one. After all, it IS a music pin.

#1778 3 years ago

Screw it. I'm just taking the plunge on this. It's a music pin; it deserves the best sound possible.

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

Anyone else have issues with weak shooter rod on this game?

I have issues with a weak shooter rod, but that's tied directly to the age of my "game."

I have no issues with the Zeppelin shooter rod because I don't have one yet. So...hooray?

#1831 3 years ago

I just ordered a 3'x5' one of these to go under the machine. I'm sure Doctor6 will think it's "super-gay."

https://inkteeshop.com/product/led-zeppelin-area-rug-amazon-best-seller-sku-2430-rug/

#1905 3 years ago

Finally got my game after being lied to (twice!) by the shippers, then having to drive to the sketchy parts of NJ to pick it up from another shipper's warehouse...and waiting 45 minutes in the cold for them to unload it from the truck. Got it home, set it up, and it played nearly flawlessly out of the box. (Ball just hung up on the front lip of the EM mech).

My buddy and I started out first game with my wife looking on. The first faux-British callout made everybody look at each other like, "What the f**k???" We all thought they were the most annoying callouts ever. So I went into the settings and changed the attenuation on the music and callouts and the game was pretty epic after that point. Now my friend wants one, and he's so cash poor now, he can barely afford to pay attention.

Good God...somebody get someone that's actually British and not sounding like a pretentious prick to do the callouts. It's really the worst part of the game.

#1909 3 years ago

Hell, at this point I'd take the sheriff from Stranger Things...and he sounds like he's half asleep.

"Um...yeah...jackpot."

#1982 3 years ago

What the hell is THAT???

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought it was appropriate

Oh...did you photoshop that? I thought it was in the game, which is why I got all excited.

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its in the settings under custom message. You can write whatever you wish

Yeah...I took Psw757 's hint. Sorry about that. It's a feature I never use, which is why I didn't even consider it. Duh.

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you get this without the Pyle speakers? These Kenwoods are good if properly amplified.

You can.

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My LE is growing on me now. First couple games I really didn’t enjoy but I didn’t understand the rules. It’s getting better though now that I’m playing it more. Still not in love but feeling better about buying it. My wife and I plan to play it a bunch this weekend. Should be fun

Oh, it'll grow on you alright. Read through the 11 pages of rules Stern posted...it'll give you a better idea of how to think when you're playing. The suggestion to move along to the next song after 5 gold records was a good one as well.

PS - I LOVE that when you finish a tour mode, the poster says "Sold Out" the next time the menu comes up. Really nice touch!

#2176 3 years ago

Anybody else having issues with Icarus binding up and not jumping? I took it out, greased it (SuperLube), and put it back in. He jumped for the first few times, then got stuck, then jumped again. Not sure if the slots he rides in are lined up right or not. Has anyone seen this?

#2178 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, a few of us have had this issue. I had to grind the stick to make it thinner and narrower using a dremel, works fine now. The bracket that it slide in is just too narrow.

Thank you! That would have driven me nuts. And in return, let me say that Lermods hermit is an awesome mod. For those of you considering getting Mezel's Big Ben mod, you can get both. Big Ben goes in the right back corner and the hermit fits beautifully facing the playfield just in front of the upper flipper (so it looks exactly like the picture!).

Thanks for some awesome work, Rob, and for the info on the dickless wonder.

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, a few of us have had this issue. I had to grind the stick to make it thinner and narrower using a dremel, works fine now. The bracket that it slide in is just too narrow.

Oh...and wouldn't it be easier just to widen the slot with a small file?

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Music connected to the play. Feels like I’m listening to LZ on the radio while playing a fun shooting pin. Sounds like the light show is getting more interactive now which will help

Have you read the rulesheet? There has never been a game that's connected to the music as much as this game. The shots actually change with each section of the song (verse, chorus, bridge, solo). It's pretty amazing. If you haven't checked out the rulesheet, read all 11 pages. You'll be glad you did.

#2385 3 years ago

Update on the Icarus-jam problem: Before I removed it to sand the rod as suggested by a helpful Pinsider, I loosened the screw on the top of the assembly just a touch (the one just in front of Icarus). He worked perfectly after that...no sanding required. You just can't overtighten that screw. BUT...if you don't reinstall it without some blue Loctite, you run the risk of it falling out with all the vibration coming off that thing.

Just a suggestion for anyone with that problem. Back the screw off a bit until he's moving freely, or reinstall not as tight with Loctite on the threads for peace of mind.

#2386 3 years ago

I just want to give kudos to Pinwoofer for an incredible speaker and amp setup. The settings given earlier in this thread were fantastic. I just have to tweak mine since I'm also using a 12" Costco Klipsch subwoofer in tandem with Pinwoofer. Haven't found the sweet spot that removes any standing waves, and while I know I don't REALLY need the extra sub, it does add a nice rumble to the game.

Pinwoofer is professionally assembled, packed, and supported. The installation video is fantastic, and I have to say that EVERY company should support their products as well as Dan does. Truly amazing that you can reach him by phone throughout most of the day, and I really appreciate his patience. (The guy must get the same damn questions all week...)

Highly recommended! And yes...I know that between the Pinwoofer and Klipsch, I spent another $500 on the game. But it's a music pin by an amazing band and IMO it deserves the very best. THANKS DAN!!!

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Guys, I can't believe this! I haven't made it to 1 billion yet. Tonight, I just skipped by that and went straight to 2Bil! All these pics came at the end of this single game. Crazy crazy crazy. This game is so good! The flow is better than I thought possible. I think I'll be chasing this score for a while. I was on the 10th song when it ended.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't like you very much right now.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I hooked the klipsch to mine too. Its amazing isn't it? I'm playing with the attenuation settings now, where are yours set? I'm at -20 for music, - 10 for speech

I keep moving it because for me, the music is never loud enough - but when you jack the music, the sound effects blow the roof off your house. And I don't think there's a way to balance those two...they both get louder. I keep moving the speech one along with it, trying to find that sweet spot where I can hear what they're telling me to do, but I don't REALLY have to hear that horrible fake British accent.

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Clearly I am not the best player, I love the game but I can't seem to score well. I try to follow all the shots when they are lit, I get the tour and Zeppelin multiball consistently but my scores are terrible. What am I doing wrong? I am playing a lowly pro, just a fyi.

You have to read the rulesheet that Stern put out. I've read it, and I still can't get gold records for some reason.

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Mine would get stuck occasionally also. I think it was in part because there was nothing at the end of the rod to keep it from going up too far (on Elvira there is something in this hole on the gargoyles). I'm not sure if that represents a change in how these were manufactured or they just didn't put anything on mine. I put a 4-40 screw and nut through it (the hole is too small for 6-32) and that seemed to take care of the issue for me.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, if you were missing a nut, that was TOTALLY wrong. But I just think it's weird that all I had to do was back that screw off just a hair in front of Icarus and it fixed everything. Easiest thing ever.

#2511 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Can someone tell me where CN 20 or 21 is to plug in flash drive for code update? The back box has two spaces marked CN9.
Stick in CN9 did nothing. Thanks.

It's those two side by side USB inputs on the CPU board. You put it in first and THEN turned the game on, right?

Also, making sure you unzipped the downloaded files and dragged all three folders into the root directory of your USB. That makes a difference as well.

#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where did you get the flipper covers?

Took the words outta my mouth. The problem is it appears that anything with the zeppelin logo or symbols on it are being shut down. They REALLY are tight with that license...

#2522 3 years ago

Well, there's a first time for everything...

I was playing this game tonight and not holding the ball on my flipper at all. I mean...I was really trying. I bricked so many shots in a row that the game went into ball search right in the middle of my ball. FML...

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

So I figured out the problem with spinner.
The metal pins are too soft for a spinner that takes that much bashing.
I have to keep unbending arms on it...Not the mounts they are in. And always the left side bent.
Stern needs to release a new spinner with thicker arms. Tired of pulling my glass off!

This is correct. I was going to post a bunch of diagrams showing what happens, but you beat me to it. If your ball hits the bottom of the spinner as it's spinning, that's when the problem occurs because the upward force on the bashed spinner slowly bends the arms down, which causes the bottom of the spinner to hang more forward than designed, which in turn causes the ball to hit the bottom more and more, exacerbating the problem. There is no fix for that besides stronger flipper arms. And if they're fatter, then you have to have new supports with bigger holes. I think it could be an ongoing problem.

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why does this not happen on any other spinner on any game, ball hitting it while spinning or horizontal doesn’t bend it?
Is this spinner lower to the PF than others?

It does happen. I had this problem once and LTG helped me out with getting the spinner to sit straight up and down again (can't remember what game it was). Most spinners sit relatively vertical. This one has a little angle at the bottom, which actually gives it more of a kick when the ball hits it and makes it spin even more. BUT...the downside is that if you hit it during the spin you can knock the arms out of the 90 degree angle at which they should be exiting the sides of the spinner. I saw it immediately when I removed the spinner. Straightened the arms out and the angle of the spinner when reinstalled was back to the way it was and it works perfectly.

For now.

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are the arms thinner compared to other spinners?

I actually think they may be a little thicker...but they get the crap knocked out of 'em.

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Has anyone found a shooter lane protector? Mezel said a few weeks ago they didn't have yet,,

Sign up for the notification from Mezel. You'll get an email when they're back in stock.

#2540 3 years ago

Put in a piece of painters tape temporarily if you're worried about it. Looks like ass but gets the job done.

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone think this plastic would look better lit?
It’s one of the few that has some nice art and not lit like the others.
[quoted image]

That's right where I stuck my hermit, since it's dark over there and there's not much going on.

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was thinking all the album art they have on plastics is lit except there and tons of room under plastic. Would look good if lit up. LZ II and Physical Graffiti at that location.

Yeah, but it's really small and you can barely make out what it is. You really don't even notice it unless you're right on top of it and looking at it. I considered that it was two great albums, but no other really good place for the hermit since I'm putting the Big Ben in the back corner.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll take a look tomorrow to see how I can route a wire to that spot, kind of a odd spot between flipper and shooter lane. I think it would look good lit though.
beelzeboob what did you tap into for hermit and how did you get the wire there?

There are NO holes anywhere around there. After much brainstorming about how to route the wire to the back of the playfield (under plastics? along the side rail?), I just decided the easiest option was best: Gorilla tape directly down the side to the underside of the playfield. Luckily, LZ has some of the best clearance on either side of the playfield, and the thin wire fits easily and is protected by the tape. You don't even see it.

#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Quick question for Anyone with a premium or LE.
My electric magic spinner mechanism has 2 rods on the back side of it. I noticed a few times that these rods are coming up onto the playfield. Are there rods supposed to come up onto the playfield?

I'm pretty sure those come up to stop the ball when the magnet is lit to catch it. That way, even if the ball overshoots the magnet, it'll doink off the posts and back down to the magnet. Check it next time you light the magnet.

#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Watched Rayday stream - wow, he is having a great influence on the coding for LZ.

Where? Is it archived anywhere?

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from Snotdoc:

Received our replacement spinner today. My question for the group is which way to install first. There is a very small tilt so it is weighted slightly more on one side. Install with the bottom towards the flipper or away?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bottom should be towards the flippers.

#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

This is the best explanation of what's going on IMO, and also explains why flipping the spinner around (at least temporarily) resolves the issue. When you're in this situation, the spinner has been bent such that it no longer hangs vertical but instead hangs with the bottom front forward, vulnerable to further bashing and bending to the point it won't spin freely. When you flip it around (but don't otherwise straighten it) the spinner then hangs with the bottom rearwards, which makes it safe to hit. See the before and after photos attached of flipping the spinner around.
I don't doubt that on some games there is also a different problem which is that the gap between the brackets hanging the flipper is too narrow and Steve was well intentioned suggesting to bend them off to the sides, but this won't resolve the spinner arms getting bashed crooked over repeated play. I hope there is a long term fix for this because flipping the spinner around will only be temporary - the spinner is still vulnerable to a hit while spinning that could bend the arms again.
It's also interesting that this is not a common problem with spinners in general, this one really isn't that different, except maybe the fact that it is an opto spinner with less friction means it spins longer and hence is vulnerable to hits that much more. Its placement front and center surely doesn't help either. [quoted image][quoted image]

The only problem with reversing the spinner (and it's a minor one, truthfully) is that you won't get as many spins off of it if the bottom is tilted away from you because the force on the spinner won't be as great. Simple physics. It would take you longer to charge the magnet or achieve spins in a tour mode. If that matters to you.

#2687 3 years ago

Put me in the camp of reversing the spinner. I finally got tired of bending the wires back into position, so I flipped it. I thought it would limit the spins more by tilting backwards, but I was wrong. It spins like a m****rf****r...and keeps spinning. I'm done taking that thing out, so whoever was the first to try this, I owe you a beer.

#2688 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Best looking of the 3 versions. Congrats!

I originally would have agreed with you, but after seeing all three in person...well...nope.

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Just played my first (and only) game. Not very impressed. I mean, I love both Led Zeppelin and pinball (check my high scores) but this one leaves me cold. Took forever just to get this score, and I feel it's way too easy. Its the first pin I've ever played that acknowledges how easy certain shots are and punishes you for it (taking away the lane change after center ramp shots). I really wanted to love it. [quoted image]

Who did you buy your pro from?

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Still trying to delete.
MODS: Please delete my posts. I completely mis-read the thread title and have no business posting here.

I was trying to be gentle.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Is anyone having issues with the electric magic magnet? When the electric magic portal rises up with the ball locked (magnetized) it releases the ball sometimes without me even hitting it to release it. I’m guessing it’s an opto issue but I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff.

Need more info on this, because sometimes the game will shoot a ball into play when the ball is locked, and it'll doink off the LED targets, fall into the EM area, and knock both balls forward through the spinner. OR...your time will expire to shoot a left or right eject scoop to lock more balls, and it'll just release the ball to start your multiball. It's the machine's not-so-subtle way of saying F.U.--you suck. (Steve Ritchie would just tell you when playing ACDC...LOL!)

In related news, I suck so bad at this game, I can't hit 3 of the most important shots to save my life. And as I stated before, it's the only game I'm so bad at that ball search was initiated in the middle of my game.

#2795 3 years ago

My point is that there's a timer on that magnet. If you don't knock the ball out within a certain time, it releases the ball. That's normal.

#2867 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just asked him to do some mothership art inspired cards.
Don’t think we need more Icarus on the LE do we?

Ha! Those were the ones I liked the best because it fit the color scheme and LE theme the best.

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sure the coloring is fine but did we need more Icarus?

Yes. I never tire of seeing another man with a penis that's shorter than mine.

#2884 3 years ago

Got the Mezel Mods Big Ben mod for the back right corner. It's pretty stunning...one of the best mods I think they've put out. (To be fair, I think the speaker/guitar mod posted earlier in this thread is great too, as well as Lermods hermit mod, which I also have installed.) Mo' options, mo' better.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Man my Led Zeppelin LE is seriously getting tricked out.
I want to say thank you to Coindropper for making some badass custom cards. He did an amazing job(exactly what I wanted) and I think I may try and reach out to him and send him a donation or care package. Pinside is really awesome and I feel fortunate to be surrounded by so many talented individuals. Now just waiting for one of my last mods from Kimball's pinballs
Coindroppers cards are spectacular and I am having difficulty choosing which one's I want to use. Here are my top two currently(I feel they will pop with the LE)

What did you get from Kimball's? There's nothing on their site.

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Where did you decide to install the Hermit mod?

I put it right on the side by the upper flipper. Yes...you have to put it on the little Physical Graffiti album cover, but you don't see that anyway because it's so small and dark. But I like that he faces to the left just like in the picture, and the lantern is always lit (although a little tough to see because the game is so damn bright!).

#2897 3 years ago

I got my fugly Stern shooter rod today.

#2920 3 years ago

I won't be able to install it until at least tomorrow. But it's just as fugly as the Stern photos.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

May be the browser you are using, may try Google Chrome?
Boob-I want to see the pics of your shooter and Big Ben installed

I'll take pics of everything tomorrow or Saturday.

#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, I told my distributor to hold one for me. Oh well,

Just get it. The Stern site has them as sold out, and if they haven't already, they will. You can always sell it if it's TOO fugly for you.

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Thank you. Took the pressure off me.

#2937 3 years ago

It's a whole unit. kidchrisso takes too long to answer.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Sorry but that plunger is hideous

Correct. Again, I think it goes better on the pro and premium. The topper belongs on an LE and looks out of place on the other two models.

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Funny...but stern took care of that by putting it on the end of the knob, so we get some more Icarus.

I'm having my friend paint an Icarus over the band symbols on the four sides of the shooter dreidel. Fits the theme better.

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

This game is ripe for mods
[quoted image]

That looks like IJ and LZ had a baby.

Quoted from sushko:

Big Ben is nice but I'm worried about it breaking and balls getting stuck on it. The guitar and Amp look safe so I think I will go with them.

Not sure that can happen...there's nothing in the vicinity that would launch the ball in that direction. At least I've never had airballs over there...and the orbit passes under the building. But the guitar and speaker are awesome as well!

#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've launched a few off the top of the em while it was rising that have gone to the right, but not far enough to hit that area. I hope.

Thanks...didn't think of that. Well, I suppose if it happens I can pretend we're reenacting the Blitz.

#2960 3 years ago

Here's my setup with mods installed. Please note hideous shooter.

20210305_180310 (resized).jpg20210305_180310 (resized).jpg20210305_180349 (resized).jpg20210305_180349 (resized).jpg
#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Very Nice Boob! We need an ELO Pin Now.

From your lips to God's (and Gary's) ears...

(And just above the ELO poster is Freddie Mercury and to the left of him is Bobby Plant...so if I could complete that trifecta, I'd be a happy camper indeed!)

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Love the game, hate the shooter (but I’m not a mods guy anyway). Some of you guys will buy anything

For this game, yeah. I bailed on the overpriced JP topper with just flat plastic and lights for $600. But I had to go with the whole package for this game. Worst case scenario, I sell the fugly thing if someone comes out with a better aftermarket mod. Stern usually does great jobs with their shooters (JP and STh come to mind), but this one's a swing and a big miss.

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Each to their own with their games of course but I just don't get the fascination with plastering the playfield with a bunch of 3d printed crap. Sound and speaker modifications and in some cases lighting modifications (eli kit for tron for eg) are worthwhile changes... all this added cluttering overpriced 3d printed garbage truly bores me these days and adds nothing to the game and in my books nothing to the resale price tag.
If you like it great, whatever does it for you and your game but my Le will stay stock and it will look all the better for it.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But the right side of this game is so barren and boring, and I think people have really come up with some inventive stuff to balance out the composition (to use an artistic term) of the playfield.

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Don't you just love the slow roller that come through the back of the spinner and goes SDTM?

You'll excuse me if I don't feel sorry for you...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You have your right to your opinion but your presentation is poor.

This is a overrunning problem on Pinside...social ineptitude.

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not asking for rainbows, just common sense
BTW Boob-I love what you have done to your machine-great job!

Thank you. A little too much 3D printed crap, though.

(I do think if John1210 saw the Mezel Big Ben in person, he'd be impressed. The thing doesn't look 3D printed at all the way it's been painted up...really a beautiful mod. My wife did some highlighting on the Lermods hermit to bring out the folds of the robe better. 3D printing is great if that's the just the first step, but I agree with him that it does need some dressing up.)

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Theres tasteful mods and gaudy mods.
To each there own, its thier machines.
The Mezel Big Ben is very nice and fills the corner perfectly. The Hermit from Lermods is also a very nice touch.
I still say the pop caps and slings need work.
The Zeppelin needs decals.
Important mods to me are the Subwoofer, lite speakers, and the future topper.
Loving Zep and its gameplay!

Agreed on all things. Jury's still out on lighted speakers. I like looking up and seeing the Pinwoofer Pyles staring back at me. Feels very rock and roll.

Oh...and the Stern shooter needs work too.

#3060 3 years ago

I'm wondering if this is a song-specific code bug:

I've seen this happen during Good Times, Bad Times and Trampled Under Foot...the EM capture light goes on, the guy tells you to shoot the EM to capture a ball. I do and the ball is captured and lowers into the playfield. But another ball is never served from the trough, then the EM rises up, the game goes into ball search until the magnet releases the ball, and the cycle is repeated again.

Anybody see this? I don't know what would cause this except a bug because clearly the opto is registering the ball trapped on the magnet.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I don't think that's a bug. I've never seen it. There are two optos in the EM mech.

Quoted from Psw757:

I’m going with not a big as well, play good times, bad times frequently and haven’t seen this.

The problem is that it happens again and again, but only within the current song. The next time the EM is triggered in the next song, it works fine. I would think if it was mechanical it wouldn't be song-specific.

#3069 3 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

this happened a few times yesterday when a friend was playing, he pointed it out to me as not seeming right. I was just shaking the game to get the ball out.

Thank God it's not just me. I'm going to email the details to the bug report email at Stern just in case.

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballsareus627:

Anyone else feel like flipper strength is way too high from the factory on this one or am I crazy?

You're not crazy. You just need to jack the back of your game up a bit more.

#3117 3 years ago

Never mind.

#3121 3 years ago

Message redacted because I'm an idiot.

Apologies to Steve and Tim.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is " the object" too tall to sit above the upper flipper? Might look good there with a small spot light.

I have the hermit right next to the upper flipper, so the object should be good there.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Boob, chill man. Everything is fine. The new code is working properly. When EM is ready to go, it will not raise until the ball is in a safe place like a ramp or eject. I have seen where the EM stays up when restarting a game. If you just let the ball sit in the shooter lane for like 10-15 seconds the EM will go down.
I've seen the EM go back down for two reasons. One is for inactivity on the spinner. The other is for starting any other MB. I have not seen it go down for just shooting the lock ramp once.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

Your EM is working as it should. Check out the read me for the new code and that should clarify it.

I'm chill. Sorry if my post came off a little...um...intense. I read the read me file about the updates, but the behavior just doesn't jibe with what's written in there. It's not logical at all. So I'm going back to playing Stranger Things to cheer up. At least when the TK lock doesn't work on that game, I know why.

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

do you like the game? I am looking to switch things up. Thinking about selling star trek prem and/or met prem. is star wars better?

I love it. But like most recent Steve Ritchie games, there always seems to be one thing that makes you want to claw your eyes out. The EM is it on this game.

Star Wars is brutal...this is easier, but both are tough. It really comes down to whichever theme speaks to you more.

And Happy Birthday (early), rcbrown316 !

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Message redacted because I'm an idiot.
Apologies to Steve and Tim.

Yesterday I accused bad code of being the culprit of my EM not working properly. People told me to chill and they were right. The real culprit was me being an idiot.

The behavior of the EM is so radically different now that unless you recognize the logic of why it's acting that way, you would think it's not acting right.

I've replaced my stupid post with the post above. And apologies to people on this thread for my blonde moment. I pride myself on being right but I was dead wrong this time.

I'm much better now.

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

it's too late....

That's Carole King. You're in the wrong thread.

You'll love LZ. Great game. And because the music is so good you don't really get tired of it. Like ACDC...

#3164 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Getting tingly

There's probably a short somewhere.

#3170 3 years ago

So what's the secret to getting a new EM plastic if the one you have is all dinged up in the front? Or even if you want to buy a spare to have on had when it gets dinged up down the road? Now that they've lessened the chances of the ball hitting the front with the new code, it would be nice to have a fresh start on a new game.

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Who hates Led Zeppelin.

My wife. "Are there any good songs?" she asked me. "Yeah," I said. "All of 'em."

#3199 3 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Ugh my game died already. 100 plays on the nose. Throwing node board 1 errors, no start or top button. Emailed distributor.

I know it sucks, but look on the bright side: Better now than when it's out of warranty.

#3204 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lowered my sling power down to 20 from 25, much more enjoyable play. Lowered my my shooter lane eject down to 200, much better. Don’t know why they come so strong from the factory.

You really need to jack the back of your game up more. You won't notice it as much.

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How long is the warranty?

I know it's not too long, but it's gotta be longer than five minutes.

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My wife wanted me to watch Gone with the Wind with her-but decided to scratch that itch and download the new code instead and then you know-I had to test out the new code for an hour or so.

I know a good divorce attorney.

Quoted from pinmister:

I have officially decided that Led Zeppelin is a keeper in my home and I do consider it to be a masterpiece. The art is spectacular, the layout is epic, the music is just plain timeless and awesome, and most important is the fun factor is overflowing and always puts a smile on my face. I'm Loving it!

Don't tell the GnR folks. They'll just say you're in the honeymoon phase and you're trying to convince yourself of this to justify purchasing a box of lights with nothing on the playfield.

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Really finding the stock system is more than sufficient for me after making sound adjustments in menu. I usually play with volume between 54-58 and it is ear piercing. After playing 3+ songs you can feel how loud it truly is. At least my family is getting used to the volume level as it rocks the entire house. I still am keeping the keys in the door for awhile in case any of my guest cry about how loud it is. I like it loud-only other games I have this loud are Tron and TNA(both with subs).

It only sounds loud to you because the speakers are tinny and it gets annoying at high volumes. If you have a better, well-balanced system you'll find out what you're missing. Look...I know the PW system is expensive, but on this game it's worth it.

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Speaker lights arrived today but not installed yet.
I've gotta say, this EM Frenzy mode has about the best spinner sounds I've ever heard. Have you heard it yet? Sounds a lot like Robotron. You guys with sub woofers must be loving it!

How do you get to it? I played something today that sounded like fireworks going off...and it had a light show to match. It was stunning but I had no f**king idea what I was doing.

#3258 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cliffy now has the LZ shooter lane protector available for those interested.
[quoted image]

I'm not seeing it on his website. Got a link?

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from Redrider:

After installing the new code, often when starting a new game, the electric magic stage is in the raised position. Is any one else having the same experience?

That's normal, as are the delays in rising and falling. Get used to it...it's to avoid the ball crashing into it when it's moving. I made an ass of myself earlier in this thread because it was driving me nuts.

#3301 3 years ago

Just a quick review:

EM multiball: Meh.
EM Frenzy: Holy shit.

If you haven't gotten the second EM multiball yet (Frenzy), just shoot for it. You won't be disappointed. I didn't realize I was doing that the first time I did it...this time I paid attention, and it's spectacular.

#3306 3 years ago

I'm still having the same problem I was before. When the EM captures a ball and descends, it doesn't shoot another ball into the trough. So the question is: Which switch is responsible for triggering another ball? I'm guessing it's a switch that tells the game that the EM has reached it's lowest (closed) point. Is that an opto or microswitch somewhere on the underside that's out of whack?

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm still waiting for my updates to get here today so I can finally load new code. Sucks having such bad internet, but country livin has its perks too I guess!

It does...just as long as you don't get gang-raped by a pack of grizzly bears.

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did have this guy up at our weekend cabin last summer while we were eating lunch outside!

DUDE! Is that a Sasquatch??? Sightings of that are through the roof in multiple locations lately. So much for the man-in-a-suit thing.

But back to Zeppelin. I still have to figure out that EM switch problem...if anyone has ideas, please let me know. Can't believe nobody else has experienced this.

#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I found these 2 screws in the bottom of my cabinet LZ premium when I unboxed my game today. Does anybody know what they are for?
Thanks
[quoted image]

I don't know offhand what they're for, but I can tell you as a guy who's bought a bunch of Sterns that I always have some spare hardware floating around at the bottom of the cabinet or box...and nothing's fallen apart yet. Keep them in your coin box and keep an eye out for anything that doesn't function right. They'll either belong there or they'll just be random screws that some mo-mo at the factory forgot to clean out of your game.

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Big black bear. Buddy saw him, estimated 400 lbs plus. Was about 25 yards away

Nope. It's Bigfoot. Don't buzzkill my enthusiasm, man...

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

New spinner champ!
[quoted image]

Yeah...so that's higher than most of my game scores and I hate you.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I did my beezleboob wtf is wrong with spinner until I remembered how his reaction was explained.

So glad I could look like an asshole so that others don't have to.

And yes...that sound setup is amazing.

#3398 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I don't see where it matters at all. I picked white but you can't see it with the cabinet closed. You CAN just faintly see new speakers.
Everyone should at least get a subwoofer or Pinwoofers for this pin, it makes a huge difference.

I'm not sure why you guys would use the mounting rings at all. In talking to Dan, he was the one that told me the speakers drop right in. So that's what I did--I plopped them right on top of the blue Stern ring. Done.

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you use SpeakerLightKits.com, he has different plastic rings that let the light shine thru. The blue looks very good.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

You can do that with the LE but 'not sure about the premium.

Got it! That's where the disconnect was. Sorry guys!

#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Hey all, I had posted a few times previously reviewing the Pinwoofer system for Zep LE and had most recently done a direct comparison of the Pyle backbox speakers vs. the LE stock Kenwoods. Previous posts are: #1759 (Pinwoofer install first impression), #2155 (Suggested settings w/ Kenwoods), #2740 (Pyle vs. Kenwood showdown).
Below are my suggested settings for the Pinwoofer system with the Pyles. I highly recommend these vs. the Kenwoods (as detailed in the showdown post), so have been working on optimizing the sound with them. There are some slight tweaks vs. the settings I had suggested previously with the Kenwoods.
As I like to state (repeatedly), music (like art) is subjective – this is what I came up with that works for me.
PinWoofer Amp:
Bass Freg: 2:00 (clock position)
Bass Vol: 1:00
Backbox Vol: 1:00
Treble: 12:00
Volume: 3:00
Gain: 3:00
Game Settings:
Music Attenuation: -10
Speech Attenuation: +3
EQ (Backbox):
31Hz (+5), 62 Hz (+4), 125Hz (+3), 250Hz (+2), 500Hz (+1), 1kHz (0), 2kHz (0), 4 kHz (0), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)
EQ (Cabinet):
31Hz (+2), 62 Hz (+1), 125Hz (+1), 250Hz (+1), 500Hz (0), 1kHz (0), 2kHz (0), 4 kHz (0), 8 kHz (0), 16 kHz (0)
Game Volume:
Usable range probably 6 - 20. Sweet spot for very loud playing is 15-17 with 15 being a good overall rockin' volume. If you are getting playfield glass rattle, you can back off the Bass Volume on the Pinwoofer – that’s the quickest fix. Overall volume level, obviously, can also be backed off, but that isn’t as much fun.
Auxiliary Note: I finally fired up my AIQ Premium and JP Pro when my Zep was down to replace a busted rubber O-ring. Pinwoofer is a blessing and a curse – those other pins with stock sound, well, um….. kind of sound terrible to me now. Oh well. I have an Iron Maiden Premium coming in July timeframe – Pinwoofer will be going in, absolutely for sure.

It's worth noting that if you're using an external sub as well (such as the Klipsch from Costco a few of us have), it'll throw these numbers out of whack a bit in terms of balancing the frequencies.

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow they should have named the Twipy awards the fucking Guns n Roses award show!Damn maybe next year Zeppelin can sweep the awards!

...and then it lost in the gameplay and layout category, which is probably the most important part of any game. But you're right...it won all the blinky lights and molded toys awards, so I guess that's something. So, now, what are you doing posting in the LZ owner's thread? Two options: 1. You bought a Zep machine...congratulations! Or, 2. You're being a dick.

#3428 3 years ago

wtatumjr reminded me below what it looks like when you act like an adult. Thanks, buddy! Post deleted.

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

There's a place if you really love GNR. Sadly, this isn't it. Both just might be great games-doesn't have to be one or the other.

Thanks to you, I changed my post above.

#3441 3 years ago

After this morning's stupidity, I felt the need to blow off some steam. Thanks, @romulusx!!!

20210328_135548 (resized).jpg20210328_135548 (resized).jpg
#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any of you easy coast guys get their topper yet? Distributor here hoping early to mid April

Nope. Looks like my STh topper is imminent. Then I can think about LZ next month.

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Anyone change color post rubber on the EM? What color? How was the thickness? Any pics?

I did the Titan light blue rubber set on the whole game. Looks great on the LE. Not sure it would look good on anything else.

Oh...and the thickness is fine.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You have good clearance? I put some purple ones on and it just barely cleared, so I took em off. Probably would of been fine tho,,

No issues whatsoever. Of course, I only put them on the bottom level. You need firm plastic spacers up top. Also, you have to be careful when screwing the top back on to keep it level with the playfield since overtightening will smoosh the post sleeves down.

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Game #702. A game which will live in infamy...
It was epic. I made it to Top of the Charts and ? for the first time ever. Two EM MB, Two EM Frenzys. Got the 4th(or 5th?) extra ball from the Zep Ramp shots - I had twelve total. When I came out of Top of the Charts, I had exactly 3 songs left that weren't platinum yet, with two balls left. Man, those last two balls were intense trying for platinum on the remaining songs. When I got to ? I was losing it. The animations and video footage at the beginning of it are incredible. I scored 257M from the mode, so not a huge percentage of my overall score. Just crazy and I may never touch this score again for a long, long time.

.[quoted image]

You're a horrible human being. You did this just because I finally posted a high score I was proud of, didn't you?

2 weeks later
#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

This game is fast fast fast! And holy combos! I’m having a hard time figuring out what I’m doing because the ball never stops. So stoked, this is exactly what I wanted this game to be. Classic Steve Ritchie layout and gameplay that my lineup needed since Spider-man left.

...but doesn't it leave you wishing you had gotten a GnR?

#3672 3 years ago

I'm still having an intermittent problem where the EM captures a ball, lowers, and the game never kicks another ball out into the shooter lane. Then it goes into ball search, releases the ball from the EM, and I have to recapture it...at which time it behaves normally. Really weird, but I'm not sure it's a switch problem because everything still works in switch tests. Other than that, it's perfect.

#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I had a midnight blue 65 SS.If I remember they had a power glide transmission?I sold it to buy a family car wish I still had it!

Still monitoring this thread, eh?

#3689 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine does it sometimes. Just give it a little forward shove and it will take off!

I do, and it does. But it doesn't do it all the time and every time I try to video it, the game behaves nicely as if it knows I'm watching.

Pablo asked for a video so he could send it to engineering to take a look. I'm glad it's not just me...but it shouldn't happen at all.

Anybody else have this EM problem?

#3690 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine does it sometimes. Just give it a little forward shove and it will take off!

PS...did you flip your spinner around? That's the only thing I've done to mine that could possibly be sending some messed up signal to the machine.

#3694 3 years ago

Finally got a video of the problem. It seems to happen more during some songs than others. I know it happens during Good Times, Bad Times, so I video'ed that...and sure enough, it happened around 1:55 of this video.

Please excuse my repeated borked attempts to hit the center shot when it counted. The pressure was killing me.

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

You are not very good at pinball.

The WORST. And yet I'm still better than you.

I can hit that center shot all day (I did it right after the ball was released), but when you MUST do it because you know you're filming it? Hardest shot in the world.

#3746 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Has anyone else besides you 2 had this prob? Mine has been fine. I havent done 1.02 yet, not enuf there to justify my super slow download speed here

By my count, there's at least 3 or 4 people at this point. Pablo has sent the video on to engineering to take a look at. He said from what he sees, the ball is getting "held" by the spinner, which doesn't allow it to move enough to trigger the opto. But we'll see how this progresses. The only thing I can think of is that this happens because I flipped my spinner. I'm wondering if the other people with this problem flipped theirs.

#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Spinner flipped; installed BallBaron carbon steel balls day 1; replaced them to see if it was the issue and no such luck. This was not an issue until 1.01 and 1.02. Before these releases life was perfect.

It's gotta be a coding issue since I see it more (or only) during certain songs.

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Which songs are you seeing in, I can try those tonight.

Good Times Bad Times is the one that it's happened at least twice on.

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The reason I bought this game without even playing it is because I heard from several people who’s opinions I trust and who I know prefer shots, code, and gameplay over toys and eye candy

You're welcome.

#3855 3 years ago

I just want to caution anybody about installing gobos on these lights. Gobos require brackets to hold them, fitted to the outside of the spotlight. Gobos also aren't the lightest things in the world...they do have a bit of weight to them even though it's not much. I'm afraid that the motors used on these spotlights aren't designed to be moving that extra weight around. You run the risk of burning out the (probably cheap) motors. Just a thought...

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I tried Pablo's email a while back about getting a replacement plastic top on the EM since it has numerous small chips in it from the older software. I even included pictures. Didn't even get a reply.

He's probably pissed off about your high scores, too.

(But really...did you cc your distro? Get him involved to get it resolved. That's their job...)

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So the topper had to be plugged in to where my hermit mod is. Was told I will need a splitter - any help appreciated.
Yes I put the pro translite on my Premium - felt it needed some more color and pop.

Yeah...I saw this coming and ordered the splitter from Rob when I got the hermit mod. Get his...it's awesome and sticks to the backbox with a magnetic back.

#3891 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

Go into test and make sure all 3 Opto switches are working On the EM ,Had same issue and found the front opto was not working ,Stern is sending parts for mine

Thank you! I tested all the switches--physical and opto--but perhaps I missed something and I'll check again tomorrow.

#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone have a LZ and SW in there collection?
Are they too similar, with their layouts?

I have them. Completely different games and layouts. And SW is WAY harder than Zep.

#3937 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ball search when locking into EM is not a code problem, or everyone would be having the issue. It's a spinner issue. See the many many posts about the spinner. Basically, bend the two spinner mounting brackets outward(unless you have the new design). Then straighten out the bent spinner and lube with super lube, tri-flow, or whatever you have.

I flipped my spinner. No problems at all with the spinner...just with the game reading a ball lock.

#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I temporarily got around it by nudging the machine front to back after the ball disappears below. Enough nudging seemed to make the ball register and would kick the 2nd ball into the lane.

Thanks...I've done that. The thing is, though, that we shouldn't HAVE to do that.

1 week later
#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Thank you for sharing. My topper came in today with no instructions.
One thing though, the spotlights are really loud when they rotate. My wife could hear them in the other room while watching tv. Hopefully, one of you techo -gurus can come up with a fix to make them quiet. Is there a setting in the menu options to make the spotlights rotate only during "attraction" mode and not during gameplay?

You haven't turned your volume up loud enough.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I love how loud my R2D2 topper is. It lets you know there is something significant up there moving and not just a piece of plastic. I'll be installing it later tonight and can report back.

Yeah, but that's actually some extra sound coded into the game. That droid noise is actually coming from your speakers...not the topper itself (although that does make some noise on its own).

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Ok so I played a few games on my new premium. Code 1.02 . I noticed the electric magic will trap the ball and lower but won't put out another ball as if it doesn't sense the trapped ball and then it goes into ball find mode rises and releases the ball from the magnet. Is there any way to fix this?

I videoed this problem and Pablo said he was sending it along to engineering. Heard nothing since, and it pisses me off.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Turn the spinner so dark decal is facing forward. It solved earlier probs. I have not loaded latest code, seems like too many bugs in it.

That doesn't fix this problem. Mine's flipped and it happens to me, and has since earlier code so I don't think it's a code problem either.

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I disagree, I think the game sounds are amazing on this pin and add a lot to the play.

Yep...especially the spinner sound during EM Frenzy using a subwoofer.

#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll call them and my distributor on Monday.
Cool profile picture BTW. Miss seeing those cars in IMSA, WEC, and Le Mans. Not the best sounding cars, but they were beautiful to look at.
Assuming from your location you might be a Sebring attendee? I had been 15 years in a row before last year.

Don't bother...you'll never get through by phone. Just email Pablo at [email protected] as well as [email protected] and cc your distro. Just like every Stern game I've bought, the game is fun as hell...once you've worked out all the kinks (which, admittedly, you shouldn't have to do). I still have the issue of the ball not kicking out another ball when the EM traps it, but I swear I'll solve the issue before I die since Stern doesn't seem to be addressing it.

Fix your spinner and be patient...it's a fun game once it actually works.

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And 700 games later its still fun for me!

I'm a SW fan and didn't order a Mandolorian. And I just want to pop in here to say that while people in that thread seem to be comparing the "packed" Mandolorian playfield to the "empty" LZ playfield, I still think this is a great game and a shit ton of fun (when my EM mech actually reads the captured ball, that is...). Glad I got one, and have no regrets about not getting Mandolorian.

#4233 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Have to agree. I don’t know how anyone could objectively rate this pin high. I love the way it plays, but there is no way this pin can get high marks for artwork, variability, video, sound/call outs and toys/gimmicks. In fact, for me, I have it rated at barely over a 6 based on the criteria, which is really low for me. Again, I love the game—great flow, fun shots, love the music and upgraded from a pro to a premium—but from a rating perspective, it falls really short. I gave the premium higher marks because of the EM.
I buy games because I like the theme and they are fun, but the rating system is a mess.

Well, it ain't a Top 10. But I have the LE and I think the artwork (and the gorgeous backglass) are really nice. Without the EM, this game wouldn't be nearly as good. But it keeps me hitting the start button repeatedly and changing up the songs keeps it fresh.

#4342 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Make sure your spinner is vertical at rest. If not, it can interfere with the opto leading to this problem.

This is most likely correct. Having not heard any followup from Pablo at Stern (and he had hinted that it might be the spinner "hanging up on the ball"), I saw your post and thought I should flip my spinner back to the white side and see if that fixes it. It did somewhat, so I think you and Pablo are both right, perhaps.

When the spinner gets magnetized toward the captured ball, it's pulled in front of the spinner opto and for some reason that stops the multiball from starting. That could probably be fixed in code, but for now we're forced to rock the machine forward and backward to clear the opto and start multiball.

So we are on our way to a fix...that's the good news. The bad news is the spinner keeps getting bent again since I flipped it back around.

#4356 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Been testing and my spinner is doing pretty decent after 20 games or so but the ball lock is still not working right. Seems to be a bug in the code.

It's not. I just alluded to that in a post above. I think it's the spinner blocking the opto in front of the ball...perhaps your magnet was pulling the spinner toward the ball like mine was? I flipped it back to the white side facing forward and that problem went away. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it. Of course, now the spinner doesn't work as well as it did and I keep bashing the hell out of it. Gotta find a happy medium.

#4368 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

A well-executed EM Frenzy reminds me of riding a good "Thiiiirty meeeeelion!!!"-point jackpot wave on BSD, a somewhat rare but undoubtedly peak pinball experience every pinhead should try to enjoy at some point.
I'm waiting too--Factory bulletin EM spinner kits are on backorder, like so many things.

Umm...what factory bulletin, and what spinner kits? I don't see any factory bulletins on the Stern website. Where do you look?

#4411 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I imagine most owners will be keeping theirs unless they're not big Zeppelin fans. For me it's 100% what I wanted in a pinball and why I waited years to get one. The fact that the gameplay is some of Stern's best in recent years is added bonus for me. Deadpool would be a close second for me for fun factor.
Ratings can make a difference in resale value I suppose but this one won't be leaving my collection. So for me it doesn't matter.

Exactly. I buy games with every intention of keeping them, and realizing that they will most likely depreciate. But it's worth it for the joy I get out of playing them. If they happen to keep their value or appreciate, that's just an added bonus. I've got SThLE which I could make 2-3k on if I sold it now. But it's not a stock, it's a game and I'm still enjoying it. So screw the money. My happiness is more important.

#4417 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I pooped it back in

Didn't know you could do that.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agree with you. But , when I was offered 7500 for just a decent kiss pro, with a topper, I had to sell last week. Just an ok game to play, was more sentimental to me. So I kinda look at pins as a fun investment, hoping they hold value, but realizing they usually don't. I almost doubled my money on Kiss tho.

If I wanted a huge profit, I'd sell my entire collection right now. Sure...I'd have a ton of cash, but I'd be really depressed because there were no more machines to play in the house. Glad you did well on your sale. I just sold a pimped out Tron for probably less than I should have, but it went to a huge Tron fan and it was his first machine, so I'm happy that he's happy.

#4418 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Another thing I find is after playing zep for a while I find my stranger things is much easier to play. Does anyone else find this with other games after playing LedZep?

Not when your Stranger Things TK lock still doesn't work.

#4421 2 years ago

I just have to tweak it over the summer when I have more time. Right now, it's the LZ spinner/EM ball lock situation that has me flummoxed and contacting Stern all the time.

#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

holy hell I’m dumb. Thank you. Didn’t want to force anything.

Quoted from Jamesays:

This is why we love the LZ thread

Well then you'll really love the GnR thread. Lots more dumb people over there.

#4465 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well then you'll really love the GnR thread. Lots more dumb people over there.

Downvotes from the people you would expect. I rest my case.

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if Mezel ever brought in those heavy duty plastic one's?

They did. Sold out right now, though.

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I put in cliffys in the shooter lane and outlane.

Also awesome.

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like my topper. Still not sure on my shooter tho. Its on and not uncomfortable to use, but sure is huge

That's what she said. And hey!...everybody is STILL comparing games to LZ (because look how empty and bad it is!), so I know I made the right choice in buying one. Every crappy game I get is somehow so much better a year or two down the road. Patience is key...

But I still think the game is fun as hell. Now, about your "shooter rod," Hayfarmer ...

#4532 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Shooter rod looks like a camera.

That's great. I still laugh at the post that said it looks like a dreidel.

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Do t waste your money on aftermarket "pinball" speakers lol. Just get an external sub.

Wrong lol. Pinwoofer transformed the sound on my game...and then I added the Klipsch subwoofer. Night and day. Next time you're in Jersey you'll have to stop by and hear how wrong you are. But then you'll have to leave.

#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Odd that some of us have had no issues, i turned my spinner around at maybe 100 games in and have not had it off once since. Shooter lane return wire has not been a problem either. Just got lucky I guess,,,,,finally.

You know that EM ball capture problem I and others were having? It was because I flipped my spinner, so when the magnet grabbed the ball and spinner, it grabbed the bottom of the spinner, which blocked the opto and caused the machine to never eject the ball for multiball. The problem is when you flip the spinner back the way it was, you get the same problem of the ball hitting the bottom and bending the arms eventually.

Stern has a HUGE spinner upgrade that they'll eventually send me, but for this one, you have to completely remove the carriage and rebuild all the innards: spinner, bracket, etc. I'm guessing they finally figured it out.

#4566 2 years ago

And I just ordered three of each of the rubbers from Titan: The one behind the drops, and the one to the left of the ramp. Both break pretty frequently.

Just had an epic game and I'm still shaking my head because I have no idea what the naysayers are talking about with this game...

#4576 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine looks more like your first pic with straight metal. My build date is April 10. Haven't had any issues with the spinner. Guessing I have the updated version.
[quoted image]

That is updated. Older spinners have arms that are more at right angles going into the single tab with holes. The new assembly has the angled spinner arms and more solid side brackets.

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess what fuckers!!
I am one of you
[quoted image]

You must not have gotten the Pinside memo: It's a horrible game.

#4681 2 years ago

It was flipping the spinner that caused the problems I had with starting EM multiball. The spinner was blocking the opto when the ball was captured (I'm guessing) and it caused the second ball to not be ejected into the shooter lane. When the bottom of the spinner gets magnetized toward the ball (in factory position), this doesn't happen.

#4733 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Just found out I won a Led Zep banner from my distro FB giveaway! Going right next to it.
[quoted image]

I'm very happy for you! I'm a loser so I'd have to pay some scam artist $225 if I wanted to get one.

In related news: Can somebody tell me why everybody seems to have their toppers and I'm still waiting??? WTF??? I swear to God I ordered the thing as soon as it was announced.

1 week later
#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Zep is a fine band, not one of my favorites. Personally I think this is the most fun game since Attack From Mars... another bare bones game. IDK, I've gone through a bunch... and this one is special. If you're a "toys" person there's plenty to choose from out there... but I'll take great shots, killer lighting, and a timeless energetic soundtrack over the "loaded" games out there any day of the week!

So...better than Beatles?

#4818 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Oh hell yeah!! Music and the pin

Well...I'll give you the pin, but I can't agree with LZ being better than Beatles music. They're a legendary band for a reason.

It was an inside joke between me and GorillaBiscuits. He loves the Beatles. I cancelled my order and never looked back. Still bummed about it too because that was an instant buy theme for me...until I saw it.

#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Absolutely! But c’mon, we both know the Beatles is a great game and you passed because it’s too challenging and definitely not because it looks like the side of a lunchbox.
Luckily, aesthetics mean jack to me now that I have the giant ugly basement of my dreams. Maybe it’s time to start getting into Gotliebs

When I played it at shows I found it really easy, actually. And I beat Levi's high score without breaking a sweat, so there's that.

1 week later
#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm amazed at how many issues people are having with some other rock pins currently and I'm over here just tweaking mine and jamming out loving the heck out of it.

Oh, do shut up.

EDIT: I take it back. I thought you were talking about other peoples' Zeppelin problems. I get to rebuild my spinner this weekend...

#4941 2 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm going to have to eat some crow on this machine.
I just played it a bunch of times at the Galloping Ghost Pinball Arcade. They have a prem and I was able to play it for 30-45 minutes with my father. Also this environment is much better for pinball. It was a very busy, so still couldn't hear much of the game. It did quiet down near the end though.
I was wrong about the light show(at least on the Prem and LE). I don't recall if the pro has the led light strip. If not... Its a shame. Its a great light show.
I was also wrong about most of the display video. I like it. Most of it. They did make it like the Song remains the same. I was able to really pay attention to it today.
And... Since this is a prem having that spinner that rises and falls is such an amazing mech.
As I said in my prior post I thought it shot great, but that was all I enjoyed at it, at that time.
I was wrong. The prem looks nice, it plays great, and its one heck of a pin. I really, really like the LED strip on it. A lot of virtual pinball cabs have those and they look great, and I always thought more pins should do the same thing. So, this is a great idea.
I think this was the game that I played the most. Great machine. I was completely wrong about it. Can't wait to play it more.

Thanks for your honesty and for manning up. But you don't really belong on Pinside.

#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Why is that?
I know you are teasing. But, just wondering why you would say that.
I still think the pro version looks bad. Not the best looking pin. But, I liked how the prem looked a lot.
If I was a rich man I would totally own a led zep.
Alas I am not. But, I think as band pins go, this would be up there on my wish list. I do want an AC DC Luci. However, and I know its not fair to compare code to an older game for the most part, but I would lean with Zep because of how it shoots and its code. I personally can't choose which I enjoy more as a band. I really, really like them both.
But, I already own my favorite band's pinball. Up the Irons!
But, I am really excited to go back to galloping ghost and playing more of Zepplin. For anyone that lives in the Chicagoland area they should really check that place out if they like pinball.

Simply because nobody around here ever admits when they misjudged (or wrongly prejudged) a game. It's refreshing. So welcome and stay awhile...I wish more people were like you.

1 week later
#5029 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

My Icarus is getting stuck in the up position. Anyone else have that issue?

This was answered for you already...

Quoted from drummermike:

I took mine out and coated the metal shaft with WD40. Works great ever since.
Make sure the shaft is straight.

Although there are a couple other fixes. You could remove it and sand the metal rod down ever so slightly, then put some silicon lube on it (just a rubbing...nothing visible!).

I found the best adjustment was to adjust the piece that holds the hole that the rod passes through. It's right on the top of the playfield IIRC. Easy fix...it just probably came out of alignment. Some Loctite will help keep it in position (the blue stuff only!).

#5043 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Just wanted to share a bit of anecdotal evidence of the fun factor on Led Zeppelin…
I had my 15 year old nephew over this past weekend. He’d been over in the past when all I had was my Sopranos machine and enjoyed playing it. Since the wife and I moved to a new house a few months ago with more room I’ve added a Star Wars Pro and the LZ Premium. The nephew is a massive Star Wars fan, as such I’d been hyping the game to him and he was super excited to play it. Of course it was the first game he started when he came over, no attention being paid to LZ. After several plays of SW, I suggested he try LZ. After one play he was hooked, spent the rest of the time playing nothing but LZ. He didn’t play SW again until I teased him about not being a true fan, he then felt obligated to play it.
I asked him why all the LZ play, did he know and like the music? He said, no, he’d never heard those songs (Immigrant Song may have sounded familiar, he wasn’t sure), but he quickly decided he liked them. He enjoyed the game for the music, the lights, and the magic spinner (knock on wood it’s been working properly for a couple weeks now). He also appreciated the multiple opportunities for multiballs in LZ.
Just thought I’d share that, still can’t believe Star Wars collected dust while he was here, never saw that coming!

Please PM this post to Doctor6 . In case you missed it:

Quoted from Doctor6:

This is the state of denial. You can't be serious that more them maybe .1% of the child population know or care about these old bands. And we cannot assume that pinball manufacturers are doing it to cater to them.
I agree with op. They're catering to the older crowd and do nothing to make a younger audience care. They know they're on a sinking ship and are doing very little to turn it around. I welcome themes such as rick and morty and mandolorian, but these are sandwiched in between batman 66/elvira and grandpa rock.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Remove tmnt, jurrasic park, potc and hot wheels. Those sound to our old ears like young themes, but really aren't. Kids give zero fucks about star wars, so even mando is only sort of catering to them because of "baby yoda."
And sadly, nicoy3k makes a good point. Wtf theme are they gonna want? Some ticktok YouTube theme? God no. For fuck sake no. Among us... that could work. Other video games? Yep, that could work. But there isn't as many themes to connect to for them that would pique their interests. Believe me, I have two children I've all but forced to play pinball and they give absolutely zero craps.

#5083 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHy does this game need a trough lighting kit that reflects off the screen when there are spotlights built into the game that shine down on the flipper area?

+1

Only game I ever thought could use some trough lighting was MB.

1 week later
#5122 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Can anyone provide me their honest thoughts. I've been thinking about buying this game for the past 6 months. I've played a premium and LE on location multiple times. I love Led Zeppelin times I have played it I really love the multi ball modes. The last time I played I was able to put a decent amount of time in with it on location on free play, and I enjoyed it, but I kept finding myself frustrated with missing shots, bad bounces, and drains that I felt were unfair. I'm not a great pinball player, but enjoy it immensely. At the same location, I spent a bunch of time with Black Knight SOR after jumping on it, having a great game, loving the flow of the game, and then playing a number of games after the first that all were a blast. I had played Black Knight SOR before on location a number of times, but did not think a lot of it. Since I am deeper into the hobby now, I got a lot more out of BKSOR. I am planning a purchase of one of these games coming up in about a month and these are the most likely 2 that I will choose from. I'd love to hear everyone's insight into these two games and their preferences.
Edit: This will be the second game in my home, the first being an old Comet, which gets a little play, but not a ton. I consider the next game I buy to be my first real game.

I'm a huge fan of Zep, so I'm biased. I'm also a huge fan of Steve Ritchie, so I'm doubly biased. But SR makes really hard games - I've got 4 of his games and every one kicks your ass if you brick a shot. BUT...it makes you a better player, and you'll appreciate those moments when you blow up the game even more. It's a great game and I think you won't regret getting one. You've just gotta learn the shots (and that upper ramp shot off the top flipper is still a bitch almost 6 months later...).

#5171 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would be super tough if even possible (which I don't think it is any more with current Stern firmware).
Zep is SO tightly tuned with the light shows (even without the expression feature) that it would just seem sloppy.

Correct. One of the best parts of the game is the shots following the sections of each song: verse, bridge, chorus, etc. Change the song, and the shot syncopation makes no sense.

1 week later
#5344 2 years ago

So...perhaps I should just roll back to the previous version and git twitchin' when I hit the spinner. Trying to think if it's worth it for what I'd lose...

#5431 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

After hearing all this, I'm backing out on zep. Seems like it's a nightmare to keep working

If that's enough to keep you from buying a machine, you probably shouldn't buy any more machines. I've had some kind of tweaking problem with every Stern I've bought (don't even get me started on GOT, STh, and JP...); LZ was the least of my worries and works beautifully now once installed the spinner upgrade.

#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did the new kit solve the probs you were having?. Im still on original with no issues once first adjustment was made

Yes...it's great now. And I don't mean to make light of others' problems either. LZ did have problems out of the box for me, but they weren't nearly as bad as other Sterns. I still can't get my damn JP turnaround ramp in the shooter lane to work 100%, nor does my TK lock on STh work all the time. It's super-frustrating.

#5438 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i've not had many problems, but i did have a few and i just want to deal with them. i got an iron maiden premium where the song kept auto selecting cuz of the piece on the fortune tell was too sensative. . i did get a jp with a loose right upper flipper, p.i.a. to tighten, learned how to set it and tighten it. i just don't want many problems. reading some of this, 2 days in and having electric magic issues is not good! i could always get the pro i suppose.

Point taken. But don't get the pro...the EM mech is well worth the price of admission. And I would think if you ordered a premium now, they've got the new mechs installed so you wouldn't have a problem.

#5448 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What you had to remove the glass and lift the playfield on a pinball machine?
The horror!
Lucky you posted the pic three times too or people might have missed it.

Well, sure...it's all fun and games until that coin box flopping around takes out a node board and he can't start the damn thing. He got lucky this time!

#5454 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

thats where the amp goes anyway just throw away the box

I put mine behind the woofer. Once you get it dialled in, it's a set it and forget it situation anyway.

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boomed it pretty hard, finally.
The Celebration multi ball where all the record covers come to life is pretty awesome. One of the best wizard mode launches I’ve seen, amazing package!!
Def worth the slog. This game took like an hour?!
I put the training wheels back on to pull this off, factory settings. Probably got 4-5 extra balls?
Anyway now I don’t have to play this for a month. I got a WWF to shop out!

So...does it play Celebration Day? Because I'll never get there.

#5554 2 years ago

Well, I'm bummed. Wanted to play a few games and my spinner opto isn't working. Entrance and magnet optos are fine, but not the spinner opto. Gotta check the connection, I guess, and then contact Pablo for a replacement if I don't have any luck. No point in playing the game when the EM doesn't work. Anyone else ever see this?

#5565 2 years ago

Okay...what's the deal with the band booster and how does it work? I just slap the button when it's flashing and hope for the best.

#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Now I just want my damn Topper back from stern!

You and me, both, brother...

#5613 2 years ago

Which code update did away with the seizure lights? Was it 1.05?

#5624 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why do people want 'seizure lights'?
Sounds like a bad version of pinstadium
Never seen in person.

Completely different thing. It's awesome when it goes off...it happens in GOT as well, and although it makes the game a little tough to play temporarily, it's a great effect.

#5628 2 years ago

...and I'll let you know when I have a game longer than 10 minutes.

EDIT: Wait! I lied. I had a game longer than 10 minutes. But it was a 2-player game.

1 week later
#5766 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

It’s pretty clear that the people who’ve said anything negative about this game haven’t played one (or didn’t allow themselves enough games to get the shots down), or (sorry to any of the owners I might offend) they played a pro (yes, the EM spinner is that awesome).
Last night I had an EM Frenzy that lasted quite a while. At one point I realized I had a massive shit eating grin while I was bopping my head to the music. I’ve said it before but it repeats saying, EM Frenzy is one of the COOLEST things EVER in pinball!

And the very best part is that my playfield hasn't chipped or pooled!

#5779 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hear chicks dig dimples .

Not if they're on a fat ass. That's what I heard from a friend, anyway.

#5822 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Biggest thing, dont update past 1.2. You'll lose the seizure lighting

I just rolled mine back to 1.02. Now I can't stop twitching.

#5832 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

How do you access older software releases so that you load the older version. Mine came loaded with 1.04. I keep backups once I have the machine but I haven’t tried to go back further than my original sd card.
Another strange thing is that my original sd card says le 1.04 on the label but the software is 1.04 premium on the startup which is correct for my premium.
Thanks

You've gotta keep it on your hard drive. Also, LE and premium software is the same since the playfields are identical.

#5835 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

That sounds logical but why do we see 3 seperate downloads and not 2

No idea. In some games, the premium/LE are both the same file. If you download the premium, does it come up as an LE code? If not, perhaps they just named the same code two different names when putting it on the server.

#5837 2 years ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

downloaded premium code is named led_zeppelin_le-1_04_0.spk.zip.

Hooray! I love when I'm right.

If anybody wants the 1.02 code, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the Dropbox link (I just did it for GorillaBiscuits ). I'm not sure how kosher it is to just post the link here, but I'm happy to help anybody that would like to join me in having a seizure party this weekend. If I don't respond immediately, please be patient. Contrary to popular belief, I actually have a life.

(If I give you a link, just download the three Zep files and put them in the root directory of your USB.)

#5862 2 years ago

Yep...I've used FF speaker sets for years...

...until Dan showed up with Pinwoofer. Now, they go into all of my top games, especially the music games. Can't recommend them highly enough!

(But FF speakers--while still expensive--are also great if you're on a budget!)

#5882 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

My NIB LZ premium has 6 games played and the ball trough 1-way gate keeps falling off!! This is another example of Stern removing weight and quality from games. A tooth pick has more strength than this cheap imported pot metal wire. Frankenstein which sits next to LZ has the same type of ball trough 1-way gate, but WOW is it made solid. SAD!!! I just play without it, ball falls back not to often and the auto plunge takes over quickly. Sucks the center spinner already fell out and shot across the play field!! Game is 2 days out of NIB- Stern is too busy counting our money tp pay attention to QC, Game is EPIC tho , Absolutely love it !!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking on the bright side, at least you have the upgraded spinner...

#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

How do you tell if you have an upgraded spinner? Were there any other changes to look for in recent builds?
My build date is 7/21 so I would guess I have the most recent changes.

I just noticed that the arms on your spinner were on a 45 degree angle...those are the upgraded spinners. The original design was nearly 90 degrees on the arms.

1 week later
#5983 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you turn the spinner around it solves the problem. It will lean a bit more forward but does not hang up anymore.

But then it also has a tendency to block the other opto, which then doesn't allow another ball to be ejected into the shooter lane when the EM ball is captured. I had that problem as have others on this thread. If it's just a rat's ass hair off, it happens. Annoying.

I installed Stern's redesigned fix and haven't had any problems since.

#6000 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I love my Stern LZ shooter - ZOSO must always face up for good vibes...

I have one, too. The thing is butt ugly and reminds me of an oversized dreidel, but it has grown on me a bit. The new shooter is nice as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
314 posts in this topic match your search for posts by beelzeboob. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.