IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6631 2 years ago

Renting a pro for 3 months starting today.

I've read all of the reviews, seen all of the videos. I get that the playfield is pretty bare and the third flipper flips to nothing, but it still looks like it will be fun to play.

Besides, it seems pretty simple and my grandson may enjoy it more than my Mando pro, which is difficult for him to play.

#6643 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Renting a pro for 3 months starting today.
I've read all of the reviews, seen all of the videos. I get that the playfield is pretty bare and the third flipper flips to nothing, but it still looks like it will be fun to play.
Besides, it seems pretty simple and my grandson may enjoy it more than my Mando pro, which is difficult for him to play.

So last night I played about a dozen games on the pro. Gotta admit....my expectations were low because of all the talk.

Right after I finished my first game, I had a huge smile on my face and said "Wow...that was fun!". Haven't enjoyed a game that much in awhile.

It's nice to play a simple game with tons of flow. Could it have had more on the playfield? Sure. But I have to admit, I'm enjoying it the way it is.

2 weeks later
#6835 2 years ago

So I've had the pro in my home for two weeks as a rental and just wanted to share my thoughts.

Look...I get some of the criticisms on how barren it is, but as someone who doesn't own it and have no skin in the game, I have to say how refreshing it's simplicity is. Not in the code, which is fine, but in the playfield and yes, the rules.

All I know is that not only am I really enjoying it, but more importantly, my 4 year old grandson who is a huge Grogu fan, hasn't touched Mando in two weeks and always goes straight to "Immigrant Song".

Watching him sing the "AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" part of the song while crushing multiball makes me very, very happy.

1 year later
#9137 5 months ago

Just joined the club! Stern is finally allowing distros to discount some inventory. Just ordered a premium for $7,999 with free shipping and zero tax from Cointaker.

I had rented a pro for three months last year and really enjoyed it despite it's reputation. I have to admit I'm a little concerned about maintenance issues with the rising spinner but I have my fingers crossed.

#9142 5 months ago

Thanks for the confirmation everyone. Super excited!

As a bonus, when I rented the pro, it was my 5 year old Grandson's favorite pin. He would howl the chorus to Immigrant Song and was really sad when I switched it out. He's gonna be really happy when I show it to him.

#9144 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah all songs on the game are great and that is my only beef. Wish there were a couple more.

I heard Steve gripe about not including Stairway in the pin but it's a dreamy, slow song for a zippy pin like LZ, imo.

It's like on the new EJ pin, Tiny Dancer just seems thrown in for no reason. I guess November Rain works on GnR though.

#9151 5 months ago
Quoted from TheGodfather:

Cointaker Pinball’s Facebook page is indicating that Stern is discontinuing Zeppelin Pro and Premium models: https://www.facebook.com/CoinTaker/photos/a.1424060011241584/3139619463018955/?type=3[quoted image]

That post is from June 2022.

#9154 5 months ago
Quoted from TheGodfather:

Thanks; just deleted my link to the outdated post. Sale is still current though:
Pro $5,895: https://cointaker.com/products/led-zeppelin-stern-pro
Premium $7,695: https://cointaker.com/products/led-zeppelin-stern-premium

I see Cointaker lowered their price by $300 from yesterday. I sent an email and hopefully they'll credit me as I only ordered it less than 24 hours ago.

#9156 5 months ago

Melissa was awesome as always and now my Premium is shipping out Monday. LZ Premium for $7695 from Cointaker is pretty sweet.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9160 5 months ago
Quoted from MayDave:

Congrats! Year 2021 pricing. Welcome to the club. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks...Love getting a new premium for only $700 more than current pro prices.

#9164 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There were like 3-4 threads about it!
Seems like several pinsiders jumped on it. Didn’t seem like any takers on turtles.

Yeah...just from my unofficial take from Pinside and other pinball social media, I would guess that LZ is outselling TMNT on the fire sale 3 to 1.

Again, just a guess as I have way to much time on my hands and that's why I do a deep dive on all things pinball. I could be wrong.

#9178 5 months ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Just received my premium.
I didn't think it would have insider but the label on box says otherwise.

It does???? Ooooh...hope mine does too. Supposed to be here on Monday.

If you get a chance, could you please post what code it has?

#9181 5 months ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I sure will check code.
Checking some more and looks like it was drop shipped from Chicago(stern).
Thx again to Melissa and cointaker.

Thanks!

Yeah, mine is also coming directly from Stern.

#9183 5 months ago

Wow...didn't realize they were still making them then.

Does this mean the code updates don't require a thumb drive?

#9199 5 months ago

Officially in the club....Love it!

IMG_2995 (resized).jpegIMG_2995 (resized).jpegIMG_2996 (resized).jpegIMG_2996 (resized).jpegIMG_2997 (resized).jpegIMG_2997 (resized).jpeg
#9207 5 months ago

Well that was embarassing.

So I'm having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the Electric Magic spinner until the ball search kicks it out. I saw in another thread that CrazyLevi recommended "silicon gel lube" so off to Ace hardware I went. All I could find was silicone spray lube so I asked the elderly woman employee if they had the gel. She looked it up and could only find the spray. She then said "wait a minute...let me look online." She then had a look of shock on her face and turned her phone around. Every product was for sex. She then mumbled something and walked away.

Thanks, Levi!

#9210 5 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

You can pickup super lube at harbor freight these days. A little tube is about enough to last the rest of your life for pinball projects.
https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/lubricants-adhesives/85-gram-super-lube-grease-cartridge-93744.html

Thanks...just ordered.

#9216 5 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

did you get it for 7500? if so, where at?

$7695 with free shipping and no sales tax from Cointaker. https://cointaker.com/t/stern-premium

BTW...The game is a blast to play!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9232 5 months ago

So I'm a total moron and while trying to fix the electric magic issue I lost two of the small washers. How important are they?

#9238 5 months ago

OK...found the washers, crimped the spinner arm, lubed it up, reattached the EM and after playing a couple of games all seems good so far.

I'm not sure if I didn't notice this before but does anyone else's ball sometimes slightly hop when it goes over the closed EM? It's flush with the playfield..

1 week later
#9282 5 months ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.
1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform
2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.
3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)
4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!
RIP that spinner!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know this was posted over two years ago but I just wanted to say "thank you". It worked perfectly!

1 week later
#9291 4 months ago

(sigh)

Now my Electric magic is completely inoperable. I had help following the fix that Stern put out to no avail. I've had a ticket in to Cointaker for over a week and haven't heard anything back yet. So frustrating.

#9294 4 months ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Explain what the issue is, maybe someone can help.

I initially had the issue with the ball getting stuck and the ball search being activated. I crimped the spinner but had to take off the EM to do it. Reattatched the EM and all was well for a couple of games until it happened again. With a friend's help, we did the same thing and it worked great for a couple of games until the EM was slightly raised when it was in the down position, creating air balls. I again evened out the spinner so it was flat with the playfield and now the spinner won't raise and the game won't start, showing an operator's error.

I love the game and really want to get it working. I'm probably just going to have to pay a tech to come out from Vegas (2 hour drive). Although I've been buying games for over 40 years, my tech skills aren't the greatest.

#9296 4 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Is the top plastic binding now ?

No...It's seems to be flat with the playfield. I may try to disassemble it a third time before I call the tech.

1 month later
#9325 3 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I joined the owners club this weekend. I got a Pro and really like the game. It plays really fast and smooth right out of the box.
My only issue is the cabinet is so damn tight, I can barely get the glass out to mod it.

Congrats on your new LZ! Super fun/fast game.

Quite a few recent Sterns have that issue. The glass in my Foo Fighters Pro wouldn't budge when I first got it. After having it a few months, it eventually loosened up a bit. Still have to put handprints all over it when I pull the glass, though.

#9331 3 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

What’s the realistic going price for a premium, huo?

I bought my NIB from Cointaker at $7695, with no tax and free shipping. If you're buying used, probably around $6999, with no mods or topper.

1 week later
#9368 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Congrats!! We love ours! Order the ninjamods expression lighting speakerrs and cabinet lighting! The tie into the existing expression lighting is amazing.

Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to install those?

#9380 3 months ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey guys.
I'm back in the club. Original had a pro, but now I have a premium. It's a blast to play.
Have a question. Currently there is code 1.00 on my premium. I noticed when I had my pro that the latest code got rid of the attract mode concert footage.
Am I missing much leaving 1.00 on my premium?
Is the magic spinner frenzy light show on 1.00 code?
Thanks.

Sounds like your pro had @pomc's free code update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=PismoArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.