20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#523 3 years ago

Streaming Stern Led zeppelin pro today at 4:30 eastern @ https://www.twitch.tv/search?term=motorcitypinball

I forgot to hit the enter key on this originally, but you can still go and watch. Just not live

#527 3 years ago

I played it! I like it. I played the pro today. I feel the premium / LE will be much better, however Pro was still fun.

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

At this stage in code the game likely resets when wizard mode reached.

This is the 21st century. I don't know of any game that resets when you get to wizard mode. When wizard mode is not programmed yet, they just do not let you in. Such is the case with new Avengers AIQ. They removed Battle Thanos wizard mode, because it was NOT complete yet. Now when you qualify all the things to Beat Thanos, It just does not let you into the mode, The game does not reset!

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t think he literally meant the game reset.
But what is the objective after the mode doesn’t let you in?

Ahh yes, I understand that! It is very frustrating when you cannot get into wizard mode because code is not complete. Case in point AIQ. I wish they would just leave the wizard mode in there and update it when it is finished!

2 weeks later
#694 3 years ago

Congrats Pinballconspiracy

1 week later
#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you use pinnovators, you can run 4 pins off one mixer. I used to run 2 per sub, but have one for each now. Highly recommend them, much better sound than alligator clips

Im a huge fan of pinnovators, I like the quality that you get from that device. I even used it on my Stream on the Pro at my Distributor. I am waiting for delivery of my LE. The game features on Sterns site claims that
"CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification"
I did not know this existed. Wouldn't this feature eliminate the need for the PINSUB kit as the sound would be good quality coming from the source?
Has Anybody used the line out audio and can verify this on their Pro?

features (resized).jpgfeatures (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya me too , I've sold acdc and aerosmith and wish I had em back. But you're lucky, I have to Ask my wife before I buy, not tell her upon arrival.

LMAO It never goes well when I don't ask. Those boxes are to big to hide!

#1212 3 years ago

LE # 436 just delivered. we will be streaming gameplay on Saturday (tomorrow at 2pm eastern) on twitch Motorcitypinball
I can tell you right now the game is super fun, super fast. electric spinner and side ramp are very rewarding. Tune in. Hope to see you on saturday

20210129_190124.jpg20210129_190124.jpg20210129_190156.jpg20210129_190156.jpg20210129_190328.jpg20210129_190328.jpg20210129_190342.jpg20210129_190342.jpg
#1258 3 years ago

My magic spinner needed adjustment. All good now. I will post pics on fix later. I am starting stream now at 4pm https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

Yep, my magic spinner seized up on my first game yesterday. The arms of the spinner were pushing against the bracket. So I removed the top and bent them back to 90 degrees with needle-nose pliers. Since I already had the top off I went ahead and replaced the rubbers with Titans as well.
[quoted image]

Those Titans look good!!
Im worried the spinner arm will bend again , we shall see

#1279 3 years ago

The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.

1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform

2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.

3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)

4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!

RIP that spinner!!

20210130_132843 (resized).jpg20210130_132843 (resized).jpg20210130_133117 (resized).jpg20210130_133117 (resized).jpg20210130_133218 (resized).jpg20210130_133218 (resized).jpg20210130_133638 (resized).jpg20210130_133638 (resized).jpg20210130_135522 (resized).jpg20210130_135522 (resized).jpg
#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from Wopmike2001:

Im having the same issue. If you can post your fix pics that would be great.

Look back at post #1279 for spinner fix

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Since mine is not here yet to see, I have to ask how you're supporting spinner up while working on it. Is it up while machine is off or in attract mode or are you wedging up? Thx

At end of game, The Electric Magic mech goes to the raised position, So it will be in the raised position as long as you do not have a game started

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Mine had same problem again. After a few plays out of box the arms got bent on spinner. Removed top. Bent back into place worked fine. Next day same issue. With all this bending back in place I’m worried the arms will break soon. Contacting stern today to request new spinner to have on hand. Least they can do is abide.

I had to bend mine again after the initial fix, because i did not bend it far enough to the 45 degree angle. As I mentioned , don't be scared to bend it. Now mine seems good and have played about 8 hours since fixed with no problems

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It is super thick plastic and sits on a metal plate underneath that goes all the way to the edges. So it shouldn't be able to be bent upward to break like a normal plastic can. Perhaps in a perfect end blow, but even then PTFE is pretty darn tough especially when it is that thick. I won't say that it can't break, but it shouldn't. That said, I'll be buying a replacement plastic or two just in case haha. The hole it comes out of in the playfield is also completely lined with thick metal, so there should be no issues with playfield damage either.[quoted image]

I think you are right about that plastic, Good idea to have a spare just in case. Where would we buy that from? Link?

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I've read all the posts and saw the photos, but I'm still not quite sure how this bend works. Anyone have before and after photos? My LE didn't arrive yet. Maybe I'll figure it out on my own.

the arm where i have the circles is what must bend to the 45 degree angle. As you can see, they are rubbing against the holder, causing friction, so that it gets stuck. After bend it will NOT

spinner (resized).jpgspinner (resized).jpg
#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Steve R said to bend the holder or bracket and not the arm.

yes he did. Im trying to get clarification on that from Stern. That does NOT make sense to me. Mine worked fine. Then 10 games in stopped. I believe my ball was BASHING the wire spinner, and bending it. I could visually see the bend! My ball was certainly not bending the hard metal bracket! I have played many many games now after bending it with no problems. He is right that you do NOT have to take off the top! The second time I bent it. I did not disassemble!

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

2. I'm getting a lot of rejections from the center ramp. My assumption is that the ball is getting airborne and hitting the front of the shield covering the "U-Turn" which is behind the back panel. Anyone else having this issue? Thought I'd ask before I start messing with it.
I love the game. It is fast, tons of great shots, and just an all-out ruckus on the playfield when things get going. I'm looking forward to playing it a bunch today!!

Sounds like you have some issues others have not presented.
As far as rejections from the center ramp. Make sure your Electric Magic Mech is flush with playfield.

#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I have AIQ, Met, IM, and GnR... all working perfectly. But here I sit, looking at pinside so that I can find a way to play LZ without spinner 101 problems.

I keep playing mine. I have bent back to normal 3 times and if it happens again I will bend again until it breaks or Stern gives us a fix. I know that it is getting bent from the ball bashing the spinner when there is a ball in it. With ball in the magnet, the spinner sits more horizontal. You have a hurry up point value to hit the spinner with ball in it to start Multiball, so naturally we hit it to get the points, That is when it bends! The force of the ball, with the spinner sitting horizontally is too much force, something has to give. That is when the wire is getting bent. Simple physics!!

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You do realize that the mech does physically lock the ball and takes it beneath the PF while your playing the other ball? It’s like going backstage and music gets slightly muffled until it comes back into play from under PF.
I consider this a physical lock.

I would also consider it physical lock. Albeit not conventional but still a physical ball lock.
Also FYI When the ball locks in Electric magic. You have options for 2, 3 or 4 ball multiball depending on how many of the other eject/scoop shots you can make before magic releases the locked ball.
If you lock a ball in both the other ejects, It will then auto plunge another ball and then you have 4 ball multiball. If you fail to make any of the additional lock shots. You would only have 2 ball multiball. AKA the locked one and the one in play.
So technically these are ALL physical locks

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm just as excited to get my game as I am to find out what fresh Stern hell awaits me with this game. I'm still wrestling with my STh a year later, and every game I've gotten has always had some tweak that needs to get done to make it work properly. It's all part of the journey!
But the ball hangup thing hasn't been mentioned before, so that may be a game-specific thing on the one you played.

Keep us posted on your success.
The ball hangup is most likely a leveling issue.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

#390 has landed, same spinner issue. Have bent the brackets pretty far, still can't get the spinner to sit straight. What am I doing wrong?
[quoted image]

wow you sure did bend your bracket! You also have to bend the wire on the spinner so that it is more of the 45 degree angle desired, like sepins photo shows

#1617 3 years ago

How did this turn into the thread for the next music pin?

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cuz us old dudes want our classic rock pins! So much thru could do with hendrix

Now that you got your pin. Whats your take?

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Is there call outs when you touch the flipped button during attract mode? I have checked menu but do not see anything. My does nothing.

NO. It must NOT be programmed yet.

#1727 3 years ago

I had a chance to play quite a few games and just need to share some of my findings. Game is amazing shooter and the code as it is, Is excellent.
Each song is different in its characteristics and shots that need to be made. Songs change shots based on what part of the song you are in (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc). This is done very well! I especially like Guitar solo. The Solo on some songs lights the Center ramp. Which is an easy shot. I try to hit Icarus just before the solo to get my multiplier active. Then just watch the millions rack up repeatedly hitting the center ramp!

I am especially Liking Kashmir. Here is why.
Kashmir Verse shots start at Left eject and right orbit.. Every time you make a shot on the left (during verse) It will move the next shot one over to the right. When you make the right orbit shot, it will move the next shot one over to the left. The goal is to alternate shots, from the left to the right until the shot converges in the middle ( Center ramp). Then your center ramp shot will be the lit shot for the remainder of the chorus. I was able to take Kashmir to 17 Gold records doing this getting 5M plus center ramp shots.

My goal right now is to get to Top of Charts multiball (Wizard Mode)
I made it!
The coding inside of Top of the Charts is incredible.
To get to Top of the Charts you need to have at least 5 Gold records in all 10 songs.
Once the mode starts, your goal is to get the songs to platinum status buy getting all the songs to Platinum status.
The mode is coded very good right now. If you had 7 gold in a particular song, you now have to get 3 more gold in that song to reach platinum and then move to the next song. They also included add a ball as each song goes platinum. It also incorporates ball locks in this wizard mode. Which is great because you only lose Top of the charts, if you drain all balls or do not reach platinum by the time the song ends. So buy locking a ball, you have one in reserve in case the one your playing drains.
This game is amazingly challenging and fun. Its easy to understand!
I was 5 gold records away from ?multiball.

Here are some of the notable accomplishments
1.5 Billion Score
Icarus 12.9 multiplier
20M song jackpots
Electric Magic 7M spinner value
Note ( spinner value will keep increasing WITHOUT resetting if you keep it spinning. I.E. Spinner does not stop)

I went pretty far inside of Top of the charts. I was only 5 Gold away from ?multiball

I posted the gameplay here

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I use zoom spout
Oil

How IRONIC so do I!!!
Works great!!

#1764 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I guess its good you didnt make it to ? multi ball because its not coded in yet. that would have been a bummer!

Confirmed I finally completed Top of the charts and was Platinum on all 10 songs. No ?multiball wizard mode but we have a new high score

20210206_185528 (resized).jpg20210206_185528 (resized).jpg
#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Change it so you have ball save if you open the door. Then you can open the door and let it drain to fix it

Yes That helped me earlier when this ball got stuck Between the Left Ramp and the Zeppelin
To change ball save settings:
Standard adjustments #49 Coindoor Ball saver and change to YES

20210206_172100 (resized).jpg20210206_172100 (resized).jpg
#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Yes. Easy fix, once I figured out the cause. Obviously something everyone should check and tighten.
[quoted image]

Well thats new. Thanks for posting. Will check mine!

#1885 3 years ago

I have had a ton of fun with this game and dialing in the shots. I just Posted a Gameplay tutorial for the current code as I have reached as far as you can possibly get in the current code. There is no secrets or spoilers revealed in the video other than some great tips.

I made it to WORLD TOUR and completed 7/10 cities. Made it to Berlin
Completed Top of the Charts and went Platinum on all 10 songs
Had A 12x Icarus Multiplier
1.8 Billion Score

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, blocked already

Yeah I was worried about that. The songs. Crazy that my last one is still up. Same music. Im going to try 30 minute gameplay instead of over an hour

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, blocked already

The content seems to be available again.
Go check it out while you can

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

For those with spinner issues. Is there a way to disable the magnet? If I had this title I would adjust the spinner disable the magnet to see if the problem goes away.

I use the spinner sparingly now until there is a fix. Sure its fun to rip the spinner, but its not coded to the progression of the game or completing wizard modes. I have completed Top of the charts and took World Tour to Berlin (7/10 cities) by avoiding the spinner. Its a fun mech to rip, but honestly if you brick its usually going to one of out lanes or SDTM. When the spinner pops up, I avoid the spinner and continue to make my other shots and it times out shortly after and retreats.
I will start a game occasionally with the spinner rip in mind and rip away but 90 percent of my games are played trying to get a higher score and reaching Wizard modes. Which is still a ton of fun. I got 2.6 Billion score avoiding the spinner. When they code it better and their is a fix, I will add it bag in to the shot arsenal!

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have you turned the spinner around? I did on 2nd day and no issues since. I can't score like you do, but activate the spinner at every opportunity, and always lock a ball on it. Not sure why it seems to work but others are reporting same.

I had to fix spinner 3 times originally. I have NOT had to fix it since. Probably about 70 plays and really looooong games since last fix and all is good. I did not flip. I bent to proper angle and have not had problem since. Its weird except the only thing I can think is that I am more conscious of bashing it when another ball is in there.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My premium seems to be working fine out of the box. No spinner issues, glass is reasonably snug. I did change game adj. #47 voice to plus 5-Why didn't they get the AFM
"Blast those martians" lady???
Anyway, 'love the rocking music but I could use some strategy tips. When do you change songs and when is it avisable to just play the current song using multiple balls?
I hear "shoot the eject" for the electric thingy, what is the eject?

Once you get the song to at least 5 gold records ( the record counter is at the top right of the LCD) its a good time to think about going to the next song. *Unless, you are approaching solo which is center ramp or song shot is at center ramp. Ive looped 20 plus shots at center ramp and taken a gold to platinum in a short time.
I start multiballs myself on only certain songs. It sometimes helps you make sure you get through the song. My goal while multiball is running is: Not to only get multiball jackpots, but to get as many song shots as possible also to advance the gold records!
One song I try NOT to run multiballl; is KASHMIR. I feel its a waste. Song is long and if you follow the proper strategy for shots. LEFT shot, right shot,left shot, right shot, you next shot will be center for the rest of the songs verse. That is considering you pulled that off during the verse! I took KASHMIR to 30 gold with this strategy and just kept hammering the center ramp.

Ramble on is GOOD song to run Multiball

SO once you have a least 5 GOLD records you can shoot top eject (green) to change songs

The Electric Magic does NOT help you get to the wizard mode. So if I am trying to advance to the end and progress toward wizard modes, I avoid the electric magic for now.

By the way. The Electric Magic callout to shoot eject: Once you lock the ball in the Electric magic, The shooter lane will then put another ball in play. You have around 15 to 20 seconds to either put that ball in the left eject or the top right orbit eject. If you do it quickly the timer will reset and put another ball in play. Your goal is to lock that ball in the other green eject that is left. If you do, You will now have a 4 ball electric magic multiball. If you fail to lock any further balls. The Electric magic multiball will just be a 2 ball multiball.

Hope this helps and is NOT all Confusing

gold records (resized).jpggold records (resized).jpg
#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Well 35 games and no issues with the spinner. Great flow on this game but I need to understand the rules better. Doesn’t really feel like it incorporates the theme to the play so maybe if I look up the rule set it will. Right now, I feel like I’m listening to LZ and playing pinball but it’s fun

Try to get a feel for shots in each individual song. Try to get all 10 songs to at least 5 gold records each. If you can do that. Once you get the song to 5 gold, get out of that song and go to next song. You can advance to next song by hitting right orbit eject, once you have at least 5 gold records You will get to top of the charts wizard mode.

TIP: make sure you keep relighting your left out lane ball saver. This is done by hitting the 2 left bank orange insert targets

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

This may be the best $66 (includes taxes and shipping) I've ever spent. Just installed it this morning. Tired of opening the coin door to adjust volume. Also, there are times the family would prefer I use headphones - ha ha. Headphone sound quality is serviceable, not great, but will definitely work.
[quoted image]

I have to agree with you on that. It is definitely a MUST for a music pin

#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

My premium came in yesterday! Game worked great right out of the box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey guys lets post Pics of challenge times. If you have not tried it yet. Its pretty fun. Its like a game inside of a game. Its pretty tough. My best is 9:07. I think anything under 10 is hard to get. Any strategies you guys using?

20210213_225641 (resized).jpg20210213_225641 (resized).jpg

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'm guessing your spinner

I'm thinking 6 minutes is probably doable by A level players and the elites will get it done in around 4-5[quoted image][quoted image]

Well your 7:32 gives me something to shoot for. GOOD job on that. I previously read your post about 6 albums at once. Thats what needs to be figured out. Thats huge. It probably has something to do with combos then the red shot. Yes i can verify that red shot is more powerful than the normal shot. I cant find a rules explanation for challenge anywhere. I have to go to work on this!

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Added Top of the Charts Challenge Mode:
Display the game mode menu by holding in both flippers.
Choosing Top of the Charts challenge mode starts a challenge mode game.
Top of the Charts Challenge is plays through all 10 songs starting from
a fixed number of sales. Shooting lit shots and hitting switches advances
the number of sales.
When a player earns 999,999 sales, shooting the left eject will award a
platinum record, advance the player to the next song, and add an
additional ball into play.
When the song ends, Top of the Charts challenge ends, all balls in play
will drain, and the game will end.
Player starts with 4 balls in play.
Shooting the ejects during a song increases the song shots and sales
earned at each shot to 2x and 3x.
When a player drains all balls in play, the song sales they have earned
are reduced and a ball is returned to play.
Added a leaderboard to show the top 3 Top of the Charts challenge scores
and Top of the Charts challenge times.
Added a high score entry for Top of the Charts multi-album master.
No real explanation of the "Multi Album Master". My best is two. I'm going to guess it is how many songs completed while maintaining a MB.

ahhh, that sounds right. I will try that strategy

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I've determined the best strategy for fastest time is to constantly aim for the ejects and once a ball is locked then start going for the other shots with a secondary focus on getting the red shots. I think its possible i could shave another 30-60 seconds off this time.
[quoted image]

Thats the fastest ive seen yet. I saw RAY do a 6:04 yesterday.
GOOD JOB!

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can anyone backhand the right ramp ? I watched rayday stream, he does regularly, but did say in earlier stream that it was the best ramp hes ever played. With glass off, and repeating shot over and over I can't hit it. Going to index flipper forward a bit to see if it helps. Flipper strength at 255.

I can backhand mine. It takes some learning

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Guys, I can't believe this! I haven't made it to 1 billion yet. Tonight, I just skipped by that and went straight to 2Bil! All these pics came at the end of this single game. Crazy crazy crazy. This game is so good! The flow is better than I thought possible. I think I'll be chasing this score for a while. I was on the 10th song when it ended.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That 11 way combo is pretty impressive.
What is the Icarus Master?
Did I mention I LOVE this game!

20210218_182520l (resized).jpg20210218_182520l (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2822 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So I just tested this and once ball is taken below the second ball is launched. Hit either scoop ball held and em rises and almost simultaneously ball ejects from scoop, third ball launches and ball released from em. No time to shirt third ball into scoop while second is in other scoop and certainly no time to hit the captive ball.
Now another possibility is can the launch of third ball be breaking ball free of magnet or the pulse of shaker? Doesn’t really matter though since ball is ejected from scoop at same time.
Can you post video of ball held on the em with balls locked?

try it with shaker motor disabled. I am able to lock balls in the ejects most of the time as it counts down. I believe the countdown starts at 16 seconds and resets after you lock the first one. If I shake the machine it will kick the ball out of EM, like I hit it even though I did not.

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I checked my audits. Side ramp 330 hits/472 games, or 69%. If you haven't done so, you need to wax it. Wax the guide leading into it, and the turn around guide. It's much easier to do if you remove the wireform(just one screw and one 9mm nut). And make sure to wax the playfield between the upper flipper and the side ramp entrance. Also, set upper flipper power to max(255). And finally you might want to modify your wireform like I did in post #2246.

You prompted me to check out my audits.
I have not waxed or cleaned yet, or made any modifications.
Also, majority of plays on game is from me, not kids or visitors.

My side ramp is at 468 in 310 games which they say is 150%
The shot is very important to increase scoring.

#3085 3 years ago

NEW Code .98

Lots of goodies in this update

LE V0.98 - March 9, 2021
==========================
Fixed:

- Devices:
- In competition mode, or when the device was marked as broken, the
Electric Magic device would lock and release a ball immediately during
the Electric Magic Hurryup. This has been fixed.

- Lights:
- Fixed a conflict between the Song Change is ready light show and the
Mothership Multiball is ready light show.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Expression Lights to freeze when
returning to attract mode from DJ Mixer.

Tweaked:

- Devices:
- Added additional shaker effects.

- Electric Magic Device Adjustments:
- Electric Magic motor now moves twice as fast.
- Electric Magic no longer moves down when skill shot is active.

- Adjustment E MAGIC UP DELAY MS default changed to 25 milliseconds.
- Adjustment E MAGIC DOWN DELAY MS default change to 50 milliseconds.

- ELECTRIC MAGIC USAGE adjustment added:
- MOVE ON FAR SHOTS (default) -- Only moves when a ramp, orbit or eject
shot is made and the ball is known to be away from the flippers.
- MOVE WHEN BALLS ARE HELD -- Only moves at ball start, tilt, game over,
bonus, or when a ball is held in an eject during gameplay.
- NO RESTRICTIONS - Moves whenever the rules change for the Electric
Magic device.

- Adjustments:
- Increased the Mothership Multiball default ball saver to 30 seconds.
- Change ELECTRIC MAGIC DIFFICULTY to 5 levels:
- EXTRA EASY (default) -- 1 completion of LED ZEP to light. Increases by 1
for each mode played.
- EASY -- 2 completions of LED ZEP to light. Increases by 1 for each mode
played.
- MEDIUM -- 3 completions of LED ZEP to light. Increases by 1 for each mode
played.
- HARD -- 3 completions of LED ZEP to light. Increases by 2 for each mode
played.
- EXTRA HARD -- 4 completions of LED ZEP to light. Increases by 2 for each
mode played.
- Set the competition install default to MEDIUM.

- Display:
- Added the elapsed time to the Top of the Charts total display effect.
- Electric Magic instant info page now shows how many LED ZEP completions
are needed to raise the electric magic.
- Added outlines to all attract mode text.

- Rules:
- Change the switch hit requirement for USA 1975 tour to:
- Easy: 50
- Medium (default): 100
- Hard: 150
- Max: 200

- Tour modes can no longer be lit when World Tour MB is active.

- Consolation extra ball score increased to 10,000,000.

- Zeppelin Award Extra Ball default reduced to 8 (was 10.)

- Increased scoring in Mothership Multiball.

- Tweaked USA Tour 1975 Multiball:
- When ramps are made for jackpots, all other ramp shots are relit.
- Right ramp now scores a double jackpot.
- After 5 jackpots, the left and center ramps are unlit and the super
jackpot is lit at the right ramp.
- The Super Jackpot is worth the sum of the 5 jackpots and double jackpots
that were scored.

- Increased scoring in USA Tour 1977 Multiball.

- Tweaked Rock and Roll mode:
- During the verses, the zeppelin, center, and right ramps are now lit
and all 3 must be completed to replenish the shots.

- Tweaked Kashmir mode:
- Once both shots have converged, hitting the shot will start an 8 second
timer. Each hit to the converged shot resets the timer. Once the timer
expires, the shots diverge apart.
- Added an adjustment for the timer value.

- Tweaked ? Multiball
- The song award is now based on the song shots made throughout all song
modes.
- Balanced scoring of other jackpots.

- Increase Zeppelin Award base score to 500,000.

New:

- Implement Electric Magic Frenzy Multiball. Electric Magic Frenzy can be
started after the Electric Magic Hurryup is played and the Eletric Magic
spinner is re-charged.
- Starts as a 4-ball multiball.
- Lock a ball in one lock for 2x scoring for 30 seconds.
- Lock a ball in both locks for 3x scoring for 30 seconds.
- The first shot to the left eject adds a ball.
- The first shot to the top eject adds a ball.
- Center spinner builds switch values, except for center spinner itself.
- All switches (except center spinner) score current value and add 10% of
their value to super jackpot spin value.
- After 30 seconds, the center spinner lights for super jackpot, and
remains lit for 15 seconds.
- After returning from the super jackpot round the switch value does not
reset.

- Add 6 Expression Lights Modes.
- ORIGINAL SHOWS
- REMIX SHOWS -- 10 brand new song light shows.
- ALL SHOWS (default) -- Randomly selects between the Original and Remix
shows when a new song is selected.
- USER SET COLOR - Visit DIAGNOSTICS -> GAME -> SET EXPRESSION LIGHT COLOR
to set the Red, Green, and Blue values from 0-255.
- GENERAL ILLUMINATION - Provides general playfield illumination during
gameplay.
- MATCH MODE COLOR - The expression lights change color to match the arrow
color of the currently running song mode.

- Sounds:
- Added new Electric Magic display and mode sounds.
- Added a "city jackpot lit" sound effect for World Tour Multiball.

- High Scores:
- Added Spinner Champion - most spins in 1 spinner hit.

- Moved to System 2.71:
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD REST COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when
>= 100 and by 10s when < 100.

#3172 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Can someone tell me what the playfield Zoso, feather,etc lights mean? Just below tour lights.
Thanks!

The Feather represents the completion of the ROCK targets. The insert is lit when ROCK is completed. The color is changed on the insert based on what the ROCK (feather) multiplier value is.
You increase the multiplier by successfully making combos and then ending the combo with a hit to the ROCK target bank.

#3173 3 years ago

The ZOSO Insert represents the left target bank (2 targets, Ball AKA ball saver)

3 weeks later
#3514 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only reason we sold our maiden prem was the music. Had a pro and liked so much we bought a prem. Sounded great with pinwoofer setup. But just not my kinda music. Fantastic pin tho, do miss it

I feel the same way! I really wish they would do a retheme on that one! Maybe Van Halen!

1 week later
#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just wanted to thank Theguyoverthere for making my initials JCW the default Spinner Champ. So guys, until you beat it, I'm on all your games.
Funny thing is I didn't even know it until Ray mentioned it in a Twitch chat.

That is AWESOME that RAY did that!

1 month later
#4313 2 years ago

I have been gone from this thread for a bit, I am happy to say I am back.
Gameplay on my machine was frustrating to say the least!
Stern replaced my playfield with a populated one. (warped playfield) So thanks to Stern for Excellent support!
Notice the newly Modified EM. This is the new and different from the original build.

I have a problem with the EM getting hung up and the left side, Inhibiting it from coming up. Its getting stuck, on its way up and protruding causing airballs. Seems like an adjustment needs to be made, so that the EM does NOT shift left to right.
Can some one help me with the fix for this?

New EM (resized).jpgNew EM (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=Motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.