20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also who is making me a 3D printed Hermit with lit lantern?

Well, not quite ready to reveal, but we are working on one. Just waiting on my game and some parts, hoping by end of the week. A few other things in the works.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Trying to decide where I should put Hermit with lit lantern mod? Thinking right rear corner looks pretty good. Need to still order my shooter knob-I have been a slacker. Also need to order my superbands-thinking yellow up top and blue at bottom.
[quoted image]

I am thinking right rear or just above the upper right flipper. Need to make sure an airball won't take it out. I'm told my game has shipped so I should be able to test fit our mod shortly.

#659 3 years ago

I’m jealous of you guys getting the premium and LE. Those light bars on the side look awesome. I’m going to order them for my pro, unless stern asks sone crazy topper price for them. My pro is pre-cut and pre-drilled for them. Also don’t like the upper flipper on the pro, it’s useless and very risky as it throws the ball out of control and often into the outlanes. Game shoots really well otherwise...hoping for a code update soon.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I posted this on the other thread but thought I would re-post. Although the upper flipper shot is not fun or satisfying, it is far from useless. Even in this early stage of code, there is quite a lot already programmed for that shot. It does create some side to side action, but I was usually able to save the ball if need be.
Shooting the upper flipper shot will award:
● + time seconds to Icarus X timer
● 2X song scoring value (when song arrow is lit)
● And it awards one of the following (awards for current ball in play only):
○ Super Spinner (boosted spinner value for 100 spins)
○ Super Pops (boosted pop bumpers for 100 hits)
○ Super Slings (Slingshot values 5000 for up to 100 hits)
○ Super Ramps (2x Song awards on ramps) for up to 10 ramp shots
And This During Zeppelin MB:
Once all jackpots are made and super jackpot is lit at the left eject, and 2x super jackpot is lit at
the upper flipper shot. Completing ROCK, LED, and ZEP targets prior to collecting will multiply
the super jackpot up to 3x (6x if you collect on the upper flipper shot). Collecting either super
jackpot shot unlights the other one and starts you over at the beginning collecting jackpot shots.
And This During Tour MB 1977
● Switch Frenzy [US 1977]
○ All switches score points and add it to the jackpot
○ Jackpot always lit at left eject
○ Super jackpot equal to 3x jackpot is available at side target / ramp
○ Collecting jackpot or super jackpot increases switch values (increases more
with super jackpot) and resets jackpot value

Well, I guess we will have to disagree on the upper flipper, I don’t like it and more often than not, I don’t use it. It should have been designed more like the train shot in taf, which I guess is maybe how it is on the premium.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Woo hoo .... arrived today. Fast and smooth, but the ball hangup under the blimp is already annoying
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is your game leveled correctly? I haven’t had any hang ups there.

#849 3 years ago

Just played a few games on the new code, much better. More sound, lights and more things going on. My scores about doubled.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK this makes more sense. You have a good ear! As I mentioned there is a small difference in the sound depending on the output you choose from the SPIKE CPU. Pinnovators hooks up to the left and right stereo output that is going to the backbox speakers. That output connector CN4 has a capacitor on the CPU board to filter out the really low bass sound below 80hz to keep from stressing the amp or backbox speakers with low frequency bass that it is too small to put out anyway. This simple filter basically lowers the volume on the deep bass rather than eliminating it. So when you plug that filtered signal into the subwoofer, it's naturally playing the mid level bass louder than the deep bass. This is exactly what you describe and I don't doubt that it adds some punch to the sound even if the really low bass is not that loud. I also suspect you have the crossover on your subs set to the higher level like 120 or 160 Hz instead of 80 Hz which is where I set mine? I suggest that you make sure all of your subs have the crossovers at the highest setting since you prefer having more mid-lows.
In contrast connecting to the cabinet speaker (or CN1 in the backbox) give you the full spectrum of bass sound without the low frequency filter, so the mid lows are not elevated in volume compared to the deep low. This produces a more traditional subwoofer output that you feel more than you hear!

I also notice a difference using pinnovators over clips. I was skeptical because I always used clips, now i use pinnovators on all my games. Plus, the pinnovators product prevents feedback to other games. I had clips on my Elvira and Iron Maiden hooked to the same sub. When I played Iron Maiden, I’d see some lights on Elvira cone on, such as the ones at the coindoor. Shocked me at first to see that and had never seen it before, and that’s when I switched. It’s related to a grounding issue.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As a side note, I kind of wonder if Lermods has grounding issues on the outlets in his gameroom...

no grounding issues here. I have a lot of experience with residential wiring, been doing it informally for the past 25 years and wired my game room. I know the code well. Plus my house is only 20 years old and has modern wiring (sans Arc faults, which weren't required back then).

#951 3 years ago

As bare as this game is and as uninspiring the artwork is, this game is really very good. It’s got great shots, good flow, the rules are evolving and youve got zeppelin playing in the background. I just put up a new high of 532 mil on the new code and my heart was pounding by the time I was done, definitely gets your blood flowing. I had anticipated not keeping the game very long, but now see myself keeping it for quite a while and experiencing the improvements. Great game!

Will love to see how the flow is on the premium and le and hope the magic spinner doesn’t kill the flow I have on my pro.

#1005 3 years ago

The ratings will be low because the art is poor and the playfield is bare. I personally like the game a lot, and that's all that matters.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

On the east coast, they're predicting some sort of coastal storm to roll in Sunday into Monday that could dump some serious snow. Since God hates me, you can plan on LEs arriving early next week when I can't get it into the basement until March.

have it delivered to my house, not much snow expected in this part of the state? But don't be surprised if when you open the box there is a pro in it!

#1041 3 years ago

Hooked up a pinnovators pinsub to my game and man does the sound really come to life. Hooked it to a psw10, really nice improvement.

Also did a little more modding adding some psychedelic lighting to the mothership.

PXL_20210125_220223859 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220223859 (resized).jpg
#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The pro must be pretty good, only 1 for sale in market. For all the smack talk I was expecting more. I think pro will play just fine

I had planned to sell my pro based on initial view, but it really surprised me so I decided to keep it.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

How does LZ compare to ACDC prem,/le. I have a small collection and I'm interested in LZ but worried it plays too similar

Code is deeper in acdc. LZ is easier to shoot. They play nothing alike.

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

However, I did have an issue with my Icarus not raising and dropping...the rod was binding, so I lubed it, and worked it up and down until it loosened up (I think I ultimately shaved the spot of it binding), and now it’s working much better. I

I think you are the only person I've seen mention this. Mine too was binding, the stick was too think for the hole. I had to dremel the stick down so it was both thinner and narrower and now it works correctly. I think the design isn't good and it could have been avoided with a better bracket (wider hole) that holds it in place under the playfield.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

The pro flow definitely is worse because it’s a hard shot as well with the third flipper and if you hit it all it does is hit a target then roll down. Totally kills the flow. Le/prem with the ramp atleast continues the flow if you hit it. They should of done an inner loop on the pro to keep the flow then it would be more of a debate. I don’t think the pro isnt selling very well. A lot of stock out there from dealers which you didn’t see on tmnt and aiq

i might be in the minority (and haven't played a premium/le), but I really like the pro. Yeah the upper flipper leaves a lot to be desired, but the game shoots really well otherwise. maybe some day I'll trade up to a premium, but for now I am pretty happy with it.

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anybody else having issues with Icarus binding up and not jumping? I took it out, greased it (SuperLube), and put it back in. He jumped for the first few times, then got stuck, then jumped again. Not sure if the slots he rides in are lined up right or not. Has anyone seen this?

Yes, a few of us have had this issue. I had to grind the stick to make it thinner and narrower using a dremel, works fine now. The bracket that it slide in is just too narrow.

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...and wouldn't it be easier just to widen the slot with a small file?

I had tried that and couldn’t get it right. Was easier to file down the stick.

1 week later
#2743 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont see this decal available at Lermods anymore.not sure why.licensing ?

Pm me if you (or anyone) want the decal.

2 weeks later
#3202 3 years ago

Lowered my sling power down to 20 from 25, much more enjoyable play. Lowered my my shooter lane eject down to 200, much better. Don’t know why they come so strong from the factory.

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You really need to jack the back of your game up more. You won't notice it as much.

I’m at 6.8-7

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm down to 16 on the slings. I kept getting airballs to the outlane or shooter lane. At 16 I haven't had any. I also lowered the "upper eject power when gate is closed". When I had super pops the ball would go from eject, to gate, back to eject. Sometimes it would do it 2 or 3 times in a row.

I put a piece of foam on the gate to prevent that from happening. I’ll lower that coil power too.

#3257 3 years ago

Cliffy now has the LZ shooter lane protector available for those interested.

PXL_20210318_221605342 (resized).jpgPXL_20210318_221605342 (resized).jpg
#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not seeing it on his website. Got a link?

Email him. He doesn’t have it up yet.

#3308 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The clunky kick out is more or less normal, but it's not right. I played 2 different pros that both made the noise. When I got my premium it never did it. One day I moved my machine and it started doing it. I opened it up and inspected the mech and I could see signs of metal on metal contact. I took the mech apart and added a 7/16th white rubber ring right at the base of the plunger. The base is hollow and the ring fit right inside it. Noise gone! Recently I moved my machine again and guess what? Noise came back. Then after maybe a dozen games the noise was gone again.
Here is a drawing. It is from LOTR but similar enough. Add the ring and push it into the hollow base. It may not be a 100% fix, but it will help for sure.
[quoted image]

Mine was literally binding against the side rail preventing me from being able to lower the playfield. I had to bend the bracket about 1/8” to clear the rail. I had wondered why the coil bracket had white grease on it, then figured out it was binding. How that makes it through QC I have no idea.

1 week later
#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hello guys,
I consider buying a NIB LZ Pro.
Are there known things/issues to check out before starting the first game?

nope, mine was perfect out of the box. not a single adjustment needed. it's a fairly simple game, no complicated mechs.

#3480 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But very fun to play!

sure is. I have yet to try an LE or premium, but thinking I may want to trade up if I can sell my pro.

2 weeks later
#3705 3 years ago

Well, my pro left today...waiting on a premium to arrive I hope this week.

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

Hi guys. Got my premium a couple of weeks ago and started experiencing the spinner issues after only 23 games (old style mech with bendable mount). Bent the arms back and lubed the spinner arms as directed in the 'official' fix, but after only a couple more games the spinner locked up again (second lock-up was with new code installed). Like someone has mentioned here before, I once again bent the bracket arms and applied a lot more force. The bend is much more visible now. We'll see if that works. Seeing that they have now changed the mech, it makes me wonder if Stern didn't think their 'fix' was good enough for the long haul and now we have two different systems with two different issues. Same game, different mech's, and issues that require different fixes. Will older games have to be retrofitted if the problems continue? Will the new system be just as problematic as the 'hit-and-miss' issues of the older builds? Seems the spinner arms aren't long or strong enough to maintain their integrity in the new mech set up. They will eventually bend under the direct hits and eventually pop out. Time will tell!

what's the manufacture date on your game? my premium arrives tomorrow so wondering at what point the spinner was changed to the new version.

#3817 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Bring it on Home is the biggest ommission in my opinion.

oh, I don't know, I'd put in a strong bid for nobody's fault but mine or even In the evening.

#3871 3 years ago

Got my premium today, all set up. Plays great out of the box, not a single adjustment needed really. I am getting some rejects off the center turn around ramp from the right flipper, which I didn't have on my pro. It's like it's hitting a brick wall and coming back down. Probably a simple fix, maybe game isn't steep enough. Never happens off left flipper, maybe half the time off right.

Having had the pro for several months and now having the premium I can easily say the premium offers more in game play, but the play isn't a whole lot different and the pro has great value. I dont know the rules on the em spinner, but it seems to be working, shots got through, spinner spins a lot, every once in a while the magnet grabbed it. Not sure what causes the magnet to grab it yet, guessing maybe number of spins??? Sidewall lighting is very nice.

Overall, I'm happy I made the switch to the premium, but people with pros should be very happy too.

A few pics, manufacture date was april 10.

PXL_20210423_201948452.jpgPXL_20210423_201948452.jpgPXL_20210423_203051943.jpgPXL_20210423_203051943.jpgPXL_20210423_210840510.jpgPXL_20210423_210840510.jpgPXL_20210423_213002445.jpgPXL_20210423_213002445.jpg

#3885 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So the topper had to be plugged in to where my hermit mod is. Was told I will need a splitter - any help appreciated.
Yes I put the pro translite on my Premium - felt it needed some more color and pop.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the splitter you need...

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/4-way-stern-spike-splitter

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Is this topper the first official Stern accessory to use the +12v CN6 connection in the backbox?

I’d be surprised if it used that plug since that just provides power and doesn’t have anything to do with what’s going on in the game (I.e., it would not be interactive). Unless there is another plug the topper also uses. I’ve never owned a stern topper so don’t know where they typically plug in, but I would have thought it would be on the cpu and/or the pre-wired accessory plug.

#3915 2 years ago

That’s a classic scene...I assume You know the joke behind it.

#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You'll get much better at it in time. My GC after one week was only 1/6 of what my GC is now. The rules for the songs are very straight forward. The rules for the MB's are fairly nuanced and take time to get better at scoring in the MB's. Add the new Band Boost(I still just call it the boom button) and it takes some getting used to.

Can someone explain or confirm the em spinner rule.

You spell led zep by hitting the targets, the mech comes up.
You then hit the spinner to charge it until it can then lock a ball.
It then goes down and you hit either the back eject or the left eject to get it to come back up, hit the locked ball and you start mb.

The question is whether it could come up by hitting anything else or after a period of time it comes up automatically? I thought I saw it come up without hitting an eject, maybe due to time? I also see the shoot again light is flashing before the mb starts so thinking time is a factor to start things.

#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

...I always wondered if they couldn't get the rights for something from Led Zeppelin IV Side 1, or if they intentionally licensed Kasmir to make the guy on the date look like an idiot...

Could be both, but he definitely looked like an idiot...just hilarious.

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Arghhh has anyone came up with a fix for center ramp rejects off that plastic guard? I’ve got my guard raised with rubber washers up quite a ways but still get rejects like crazy off my right flipper. Just killed a great game I had going . I’m at about 7.1* pitch

So I just had the issue with my nib premium, only off the right flipper. The issue was the plastic on that ramp behind the backboard was too low and the ball would hit it and bounce back. It could be an issue with the ball coming off the EM, but that plastic was clearly too low. what i did is take off that plastic, trim it with a dremel so that it now sits behind the backboard instead of hanging down, and is no longer visible from the player perspective. It was hanging down about a 1/4”. Haven’t had a single reject since. Poor design IMO. Never had an issue like this on my pro and I don’t recall that plastic hanging so far down. My pitch is about 6.7

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Looks very nice
From which company have you order the flipper bats mods/decals?
Is it possible to have both Deluxe mod Zoso amp with double neck guitar and interactive Hermit on the upper right corner?
Or other suitable place for Hermit.

The hermit will fit by the upper right flipper if you already have something in the back right. He's roughly 4" tall.

#4054 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

A little paint job.

That looks good, nice work! The reason we don’t paint it is because he’s white in the LZ memorabilia, but to each his own.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here's an option. Amazon about $6.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

I mounted so the wheels are free turning. They turn when ball is kicked to the trough.

we lit it up and made it interactive with the backboard flasher.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/led-zeppelin-pinball-illuminated-haulin-gas-van

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I only have 2 machines Stranger things premium and now LedZep premium finally. I find the LedZep a much more challenging pin than Stranger things. I am new to pinball ownership but played a ton in the 70s and 80s.
Is anyone else finding this pin to be a challenge in comparison to other machines?

The shots seem tighter to me, upper right flipper to the wire form is very tough, not easy to hit the right wire form either and the right and left scoop shots are tight...plus I’m not the player I used to be ( or thought I used to be )

#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

I'm with you ...I played alot of pinball in the late 70's early 80's when I was in university, but I've been on hiatus for the last 40 years. I've never owned a pinball machine, but I've always been a huge Zep fan (I was lucky enough to see them in 2007 in London at the O2) --- when this pinball game became available I just knew I had to get one. My budget only allowed for the PRO and it has been a very humbling experience, the best I've been able to manage is about 170 million after 2 months of playing. When I see the scores here in the billions, I'm thinking, boy do I stink. Maybe, its easier to get these scores on the Premium/LE? ...I dunno, can anyone who has played both comment on that? (difficulty of PRO vs. PREMIUM/LE)?

I’ve owned a pro and now own a premium. My scores were higher on the pro. The EM allows for higher points I think, but it disrupts the flow of the other modes.

#4224 2 years ago

Not sure, but I think I’m having an issue with my premium EM mech. If I start a game and push on the led and zep targets, is the em mech supposed to come up immediately or do you have to do something else? Rule sheet says it should come up after spelling led and zep, but the EM doesn’t come up. In switch test mode, those targets all register so not a switch issue.

#4227 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Need to hit safe shot for movement, ramp, scoop etc.. it will then come up.

Thanks, stern should really fix the rule sheet on its website.

43FE86B5-87F4-4860-9EC0-1D3C6D5E1EF1 (resized).jpeg43FE86B5-87F4-4860-9EC0-1D3C6D5E1EF1 (resized).jpeg
#4231 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I own this pinball machine and noticed it's now ranked #1?
On what planet is this even close to any of the top rankings.
This is exactly why the pinside ranks are so warped by owner.
This is a top 50 but #1 right?
Don't get me wrong I really enjoy it and love the songs/flow but number #1 I think not.

Have to agree. I don’t know how anyone could objectively rate this pin high. I love the way it plays, but there is no way this pin can get high marks for artwork, variability, video, sound/call outs and toys/gimmicks. In fact, for me, I have it rated at barely over a 6 based on the criteria, which is really low for me. Again, I love the game—great flow, fun shots, love the music and upgraded from a pro to a premium—but from a rating perspective, it falls really short. I gave the premium higher marks because of the EM.

I buy games because I like the theme and they are fun, but the rating system is a mess.

#4234 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I really love the game, but i rate it terribly.
Makes perfect sense

Is artwork as important to you as gameplay? Some things matter more to people, less to others. To me, I think the artwork is not good when I compare it to Metallica or Maiden, but I care less about the artwork so it has a low weighting for me. Instead, gameplay is more important so I weight it more heavily. Pinside rating categories are weighted equally, so that’s how you can rate a game low, but still love it.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, it ain't a Top 10. But I have the LE and I think the artwork (and the gorgeous backglass) are really nice. Without the EM, this game wouldn't be nearly as good. But it keeps me hitting the start button repeatedly and changing up the songs keeps it fresh.

I only rated premium and pro. I also hit start over and over, love the way it plays. I give it high marks in variability, rules and fun.

#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I want to buy this game. I have been put off by the lower opinions of the pro. I know Mr Ritchie knows what he's doing and now I see LZ is top of the Pinside 100. What's going on here. Do we have a magical game? Should I put my grand deposit down on a premium?

The pro is a good game, it shoots very close to the premium, the only shot missing is the upper flipper back to the lower right flipper. The EM feature is cool, but it's not always in play and it's basically just another mode. I owned the pro for a few months and liked it a lot. I did upgrade to a premium and like it better, but the pro shoots very well too. Maybe find a lightly used pro and then upgrade if you don't like it.

#4309 2 years ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I added a Shaker and expression lights to my Pro yesterday but I'm getting a node error for the lower playfield. No Start button light, can't start a game. I checked my wiring 100 times. My node board has no power. Think its the node board?

Check connections at your cpu, unplug and plug the connectors back in.

#4379 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where do you see it at 187 ,I see it at 45.

The premium has a 7.4 rating (pro is lower), which puts it around 170 on the chart. There was quite a jump in the number of ratings for this game over the past two days, jumped from 186 to 228 ratings. Seems a bit fishy to me, but whatever, it’s a great game.

If you haven’t watched Ray Davidson’s tutorial, check it out. Great rule set, pretty complex, learned stuff I had no idea about.

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

this reminds me of when I see bad ratings for a movie and then go see it and its great,its mostly based on opinions and add in some manipulators.Everyone who has any game knows if its fun or not. By the way since I now know my LE is no fun I will sell it and buy something else.NOT

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I rated it pretty low despite really liking the gameplay a lot (and upgraded from pro to premum). To me, I think it falls short in art, callouts, gimmicks/toys and video. Aerosmith does not shoot nearly as well as LZ, but to me it ranks much higher in art, callouts, gimmicks and video. Metallica, IMaiden and even ACDC also rank high in these categories. But like I also said, I don't care about the overall rating. What matters most to me is the gameplay (shots/rules) and for those categories, I gave them highest ratings too. Unfortunately, the individual ratings cannot be weighted.

Someone who looks at the playfield as says man that's really barren and rates it low, is missing out. But stern is also at fault here because the effort in the non-gameplay categories does not seem as strong as it has been for other music titles and part of it could be that LZ as a theme doesn't lend itself to great art or callouts. Perhaps they could have done a little more with the zeppelin or had actual locks instead of virtual locks.

#4446 2 years ago

Something is really fishy with the ratings. Last week I think maybe Wednesday or Thursday, there were 186 total ratings across the three LZ models. Then I think maybe it was Friday or somewhere close to that when I looked it jumped to 228 ratings. Since then, not a single new rating. So, in a really small window, we get 42 new ratings, but then nothing since. It’s manipulated big time.

Plus, I don’t even see any new comments associated with that jump in ratings.

#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I don’t see that on the site for LZ. Is it a universal one?

contact cliffy by email, the shooter lane is not universal.

#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I thought I read on here that Stern re-designed the EM spinner brackets and were putting them on newer premium games. Is this true?

What do the original ones look like? I have a recent build premium and don’t have any spinner issues.

#4574 2 years ago

Mine looks more like your first pic with straight metal. My build date is April 10. Haven't had any issues with the spinner. Guessing I have the updated version.

PXL_20210524_125432801.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210524_125432801.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#4577 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Mine looks the same. One good shot into it when it's spinning will bend it and render it unusable.

Well, that's not good. i try not to bash it while it's still spinning.

#4652 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Hang in there folks, here comes the cavalry!
[quoted image]

I wonder if it’s the same one they are putting in newer builds.

#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Flip it upside down dude. Here’s a pic of mine.
Not sure why it works but I guess it changes the center of gravity and also raises the spinner so it doesn’t take a full whack from the ball, but still gets hit enough to make it fly.
The image itself could be “fixed” with a new set of spinner stickers but who cares really. Still basically looks the same and since it’s smaller than a postage stamp hard to tell it’s even upside down.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell in your pic, but looks like you may have the newer version of the spinner mount with the ears. Stern switched to that from the flat version. You shouldn’t have had to make any adjustments to it.

#4699 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Pretty sure you got that backwards. My premium is from the very first run back in February and it has the "ears".

Yes, you are right, my bad. My premium is flat and is from april 10.

26071EEF-9170-45C7-85A3-A03F19025AAA (resized).jpeg26071EEF-9170-45C7-85A3-A03F19025AAA (resized).jpeg
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

My build is April and the spinner is the "new one" and has been fucked up since day one. I really hope they have something better in place than what they put in the April builds because it's not good.

What’s wrong with yours? Haven’t had any issues with mine.

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I posted a pic a few posts up. Got bent day one on a multiball.. Tried bending back but so far it usually fails to register when capturing and lowering. Seen it bug out a few times.. Then last night another 4 ball EM multiball got banged and bent it fell off entirely.. NOT GOOD.
I've bent it back once again and worked the rest of the night but this is going to be a long term problem and the arms are not going to take being bent over and over like this before snapping off entirely at some point I imagine.
EM multiball is so much fun when it's working but a 4 ball it's going to eventually get wrecked. No way around it with the current setup.
Still working from my most recent adjustment last night though (20 games?). Also put the spinner back the original way.. EM multi is so much damn fun!

I wonder what this new kit from stern looks like? If yours is having issues, hope they aren’t just sending out the new production version.

2 weeks later
#4928 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

LZ needs some alternate translites that match the pf better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m in for one, would love to do some backlighting for them. Sterns backbox lighting wouldn’t do them justice.

1 week later
#5059 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK, so I went ahead and got one of the alternate translites as an experiment and really like it. I know this has been discussed ad nausea, but it is obvious the license holders did a disservice to everyone including themselves by not trusting Stern to make any original pinball art for this game. Even though the LE package has the best art IMO; an original backglass with the band image is something that was needed and I think this one hit the mark. Just having this one prominent place on the machine with original band based art makes all the difference in the world to me. I always liked the rest of the cabinet art and the blue powder. At this point I love the entire art package and don't feel like I am on Icarus overload anymore. This translite matches the rest of the cabinet, Wizard Mod panel magnet, topper and speaker LEDs perfectly. At this point I am done!!
So for now at least I have the original backglass safely in storage. I bought a new piece of glass and full channel set for the translite, so it's a complete drop in replacement. As cheap as the channels are there was no way I was going to risk pulling the channels off the original glass. More importantly I wanted two complete swap-able glasses. One other note is I had to lower the backbox GI attract lighting to around 70% or it was a little too bright for my taste. I use 18% in game already. Contact pinside member Pinstein if you want one of these. He's a great guy to deal with, price is right and shipping is super fast.[quoted image]

Just wait until I get some time to properly backlight that translight, will really look nice.

#5082 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHy does this game need a trough lighting kit that reflects off the screen when there are spotlights built into the game that shine down on the flipper area?

Because it looks cool to some people and better highlights the artwork. I have never noticed the leds reflecting off the screen, maybe some people are just more sensitive to it. And those white spotlights that came with the game are lame and don’t shine down, they shine out just like a trough light.

#5085 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I think the LED reflections are probably more of a height thing. I had a woman playing at my place last week that wore high heals because of the glare she was getting from the games.

I'm 5'11, don't notice it when I'm playing. i suppose if I stare at the screen and look for it, i might see it, but it's never bothered me when playing.

2 weeks later
#5292 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Not to be pushy but no one is answering the question about the pro. Is it that bad of a pin without the spinner and the return ramp shot of the upper flipper?
Thanks

I had the pro and liked it a lot, enough that I just wanted a little more with the lighting and magic spinner so I sold it and bought a premium. It’s a good game, don’t care what anyone else thinks, but I liked it a lot. Shoots very similar to premium, just the ramp off the upper flipper is really missing and of course the em spinner.

1 month later
#6066 2 years ago

Anyone know what adjustment to make to the ramp shot that you hit with upper flipper? Very tough shot with lots of rejects.

2 weeks later
#6271 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

We should start a poll of lz pro vs premium. I think it's be 2 votes pro and 5,224 premium.
I'm glad I got pro . I will say that after reading horror stories on the em broke. I Was at Cleveland show a few weeks ago and and the em broke, brand new out of box . Light progression would not register.

I had a pro and liked it so much I sold it and bought the premium. The pro was a great game. I likely am in the minority, but I’m not so sure the prem is that much better than the pro. The EM spinner mech obviously is significant and it makes hitting the drop targets a bit more meaningful, but is it worth $2k+ more?? The expression lighting is great, but it can be added to the pro. That middle ramp that you shoot off the upper flipper is really hard to hit consistently, almost making it useless. If someone has an adjustment for it, would love to hear it. For those on the fence, don’t discount the pro so much, it’s a lot of fun.

#6284 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't really care about hitting the center ramp with the upper flipper (there's two perfectly good lower flippers for that), but if anybody has any tips in making the upper flipper ramp any easier I'd love to hear it.
Perfect shots tend to rattle around in there and it's very rare that I can make that shot. It doesn't seem like a very good design, frankly.

That's what I was asking and the response was to bend the prongs down slightly.

#6290 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I made a little video in post 4250 on adjusting the ramps a bit to make the upper right flipper shot a bit easier to hit/reducing the bounce back.
Page 85

just made both those adjustments and it made a huge difference. hit the ramp 4 out of 5 on the first game whereas prior i'd be lucky to get 1 in 5. thx!

#6293 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I just watched the video. Is he referring to bending down the two metal pieces of the metal track or ramp or whatever you call it?

yes, the two prongs at the end of the wire form ramp, bend those down slightly.

1 week later
#6364 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

So I’ve now had my machine for about a week and 100 games under my belt. High score is 200m but with replays in the form of EBs set at $10m intervals. Most scores way under 50m. Running the latest code.
Forgive my ignorance but are EBs automatic? I would think after i reach each 10m threshold the EB option in left scoop would be lit for me to “earn” it but that’s not happening.
Also, are there any sound effects when hitting Icarus? Mine jumps up without sound most, if not all the time.

When extra balls are awarded on points, it’s automatic.

2 months later
#6874 2 years ago

What setting is it for the seizure lights?

#6880 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Tried twice and failing. Using windows with a 32G usb - same thing happened with the least update.
Should I assume that my USB has ran its course and buy a new one?
[quoted image]

Maybe try a 16gb usb stick.

1 week later
#6935 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

I just bought a LZ Pro this week and have only played a few dozen games. My 3rd flipper is sticking up. It goes down when I lightly press flipper button and then will stick again once I do a full press and release. I powered off the game and the flipper stays stuck up. I’ve looked at leaf switches and they look ok. Anyone know how to tweak a new flipper or has anyone experienced something similar?

It’s mechanical, check the mechanism underneath, it’s likely binding somewhere. Coil may need to be loosened and readjusted or you could have a bad coil sleeve. I’d loosen the coil screws a little and see if the binding goes away, then readjust. Should be an easy fix.

4 weeks later
#7131 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Ok. I ordered my top 4 powder choice samples. Let me know what you all think.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did silver artery on my mando, came out real nice

#7137 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Do you have a pic to share. Would love to see it.

Sure...

PXL_20211117_000033270 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000033270 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000146233 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000146233 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000153403 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000153403 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000218876 (resized).jpgPXL_20211117_000218876 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7550 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Guys...anyone use the Icarus Spotlight from Mezelmods? The wires route behind the ZEP drop targets and you can already tell why I'm posting this. They jam up. Any reroute or fix other than stripping the sleeving down?

That’s our mod sold through Mezelmods. You will be able to feed the wires down along the side of the target on the end without affecting the target movement. There is plenty of room there.

2 weeks later
#7599 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Does anyone else have problems with the right ramp? Any adjustments people have made to make the shot not reject so much at the top curve of the ramp?

it's a tough shot and you have to hit it cleanly. the center shot is much harder to hit. I think the adjustments were detailed in this thread somewhere, but you have to bend the prongs slightly I believe. Maybe someone else can recall it.

1 month later
#7824 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey guys. Any idea why my service menu button aren’t working all of a sudden? Can’t even adjust volume when I open door.
Thanks in advance!

Unplug and reseat connectors at coindoor and backbox. Manual will tell you which ones.

8 months later
#8612 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

shame his tape deck got stolen that night....

…And left his wallet at home…two more cokes please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.