IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8704 1 year ago

Joining the club for a while tomorrow. Getting a pro (I love the cab art) with the light kits and picking up a topper as well. Definitely have to get a plunger and side armor. Going to look good in my basement but also going to be the first to go when I need room.

#8709 1 year ago

Expression light kit is amazing. I think I’m skipping the side armor though on this one.

1 week later
#8732 1 year ago

I bought an SD card and wifi dongle from Amazon and stretched an ethernet to my other machine to get it online and added it to my Home Team. Cost $15.

#8737 1 year ago

As long as you have 1 scanner/kit you can do it. To install it you need all 3 components, the scanner, micro SD card, and ethernet/wifi connection. Once you have it on one machine, you can just add the micro and wifi adapter (<$20) and run an ethernet to the scanner on the other machine just to get it set up. Then just add your name to the home team and it will save on all your machines. You can walk up to the machine without the scanner, hold the left flipper button down, and it will pop up your 5 team members to choose from. It works for me since I only have a couple frequent users on my home team. I have the full kit on Godzilla and Iron Maiden, no scanner option on Led Zeppelin. If somebody really wants to play my LZ they can join the home team on one of my scanner machines and it will save to LZ.

1 month later
#8797 11 months ago

It does have the DJ mixer mode. After all this time I realized what that mode was. Really cool now, especially with 3 music pins! I did not like the side armor for my pro, as it looks to be designed perfectly for the premium. I did get the shooter rod though and love the topper.

1 week later
#8837 11 months ago

I really love the III artwork and when I saw the reveal, I didn't care what features I was missing, I was going to have the III cab in my basement. I do miss that u-turn ramp though, but not the middle mech.

1 week later
#8867 11 months ago

The one song I wish was on there was Houses of the Holy. That's my personal favorite and a lot probably don't know it by name, but they know when they hear it. I guess that's probably true for a lot of their best tunes.

2 weeks later
#8882 10 months ago

I think the expression lights are a must for this one. People also love the topper with the spotlight, otherwise they all go to the other 3 machines. Granted it's not a fair fight with Godzilla, IMDN, and FF... I love it because of the pro artwork / LZ III and didn't get the side armor to detract from it.

#8889 10 months ago

I really wish that loop back ramp was in the pro. Would be so much more fun to hit that and keep the flow going instead of hitting a dead end. I didn't do a deep dive but I thought I remembered somebody doing a ramp mod for that shot. I may have to look it up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8898 10 months ago

It’s a little hard to tell from the picture do you have a close-up of the target and how it meshes with the ramp? I imagine it just hits it on the way up through the loop? It looks awesome.

#8911 10 months ago

I grabbed one as well. Can’t wait to try it out.

#8913 10 months ago

The return ramps are very nice and glad there are options for plug and play, using the current target, and changing out to an opto as well. This change could literally be the difference between keeping the machine and moving it on. It's the one thing I don't like about the pro.

#8917 10 months ago

It’s a beautiful thing. Well done.

IMG_5293 (resized).jpegIMG_5293 (resized).jpeg
#8919 10 months ago

It looks like you need to snap in the other side above the inlane. Only one of them is snapped tight to the existing rail wire. I really do like the design of this and even if it doesn’t go up and around all the way, it will still score the hit. I do smile every time it rides that rail back!

#8921 10 months ago

I kind of went back-and-forth on mine a little bit, but it is clamped down fully now. It’s amazing how bad I am at the machine. I was trying to hit the shot with the glass off even and I’m terrible.

#8930 10 months ago

That pro mod is really nice. When I get one up there and it returns it brings a smile to my face like the Overdrive/dead post shot on FF. It is nice that the shot will register even if you don't quite make it up the ramp, but there also is a bit of a challenge added. I would sometimes hit a wimpy shot in there and it would just barely hit and register. With this mod, it needs a little bit more momentum on it to get those accidental hits. Coincidence or not, I have had my 2 best LZ games since it arrived after I put that mod on.

3 months later
#9116 6 months ago

For me it was always going to be the Pro model. I'm in the crowd that really likes the LZIII album and artwork and wanted that machine in my collection on looks alone. Happened upon a routed model with the EL and am pretty happy to have it. In terms of the music pins I have, it has way too few songs, and the selection isn't my favorite either. I added the loop back ramp and am really happy with the speed and flow of it overall. It's still the one on the chopping block though, when one has to go, but I'm glad I got to own one and get some time on it. Bit of a pain with the rubbers that take a beating behind the drops and by the hermit area, but at least I don't have to go to a location and fix it.

3 months later
#9437 77 days ago

No extra modes on the topper that I've found, but the spotlights trick you into thinking somebody is walking behind you. Either that or I do have ghosts!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,699 (OBO)
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=Groo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.