20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Enron64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5757 2 years ago

I Have an opportunity to sell my Munsters Le and was thinking of getting a Zep premium. Those who own this game is there some depth to the code? I haven’t been able to play one but I like the layout as it looks built for speed and flow and I am not that into toys and mechs. Also I am huge Zep fan and like the idea of owning a music pin. I will only have a 2 pin line up and the other pin would be a mando premium. Is led Zep challanging? I want a game that makes me fight for that high score.

#5775 2 years ago

Well I sold the Munsters. Now to go buy a led zep!

#5776 2 years ago

Thanks to all the commenters. It helped me make the choice. I enjoyed Munsters and thought it was beautiful, shot well and was fun but I just felt like I wanted a bit more depth.

#5805 2 years ago

Led Zep premium has been purchased! Will be delivered with my mando premium end of the month. Gonna be a pretty exciting day!

#5814 2 years ago

Rather than navigate through all the pages in the thread I was wondering if anyone could highlight any of the adjustments I should make when I first get my led zep.

#5817 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

7° pitch, set your equalizer in a gradual v shape, make sure em is level with playfield while up and retracted ,check Icarus to make sure shaft moves freely. And a drop of good oil on em spinner

Awesome thanks a bunch. I have been following the mando thread since the beginning so I know what to do when that pin arrives, but led Zep was an impulse buy and I am late to the party lol.

3 weeks later
#6008 2 years ago

Well my distro confirmed that he will be delivering my LZ premium and Mando premium Sunday. I am actually more excited about my LZ now even though I just pulled the trigger on it the past couple of weeks and have been in on mando since may. Sunday can’t come soon enough!

#6031 2 years ago

In the club! Let the beer flow and music rock tonight.

A82DD7F3-9C22-4F30-B5B9-CA32B66E9ED9 (resized).jpegA82DD7F3-9C22-4F30-B5B9-CA32B66E9ED9 (resized).jpeg
#6032 2 years ago

Well so far the game seems awesome. It’s kicking my ass. The flow is is amazing. It shoots very smooth and this feels like pinball should to me. Mix in the lights and awesome tunes and looks like a winner to me. Not sure why people hate on it but oh well there loss.

#6037 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'll be honest, this game was not on my radar at all. I am indifferent on the band...I won't turn them off, but won't seek them out either. The reveal, etc I thought looked decent, but nothing that had me too excited. I finally got to play one a week or so ago, and holy hell, this might be the best shooting game I have ever played. Not exaggerating, the shots are so satisfying...especially the right ramp and the side ramp. I didn't get much feel for the rules, but later watching the RayDay tutorial, I have to say they are not all that intuitive, but definitely interesting. Lots of depth and unique rules for sure. It's one I can't wait to dig deeper into.
By contrast, I was super pumped about Mandalorian. Huge fan of the theme, playfield looked fun and interesting, good, straightforward rules. It was a slam dunk machine for me, 100%. I've played a few different ones now and...meh. I just can't seem to get into it. It's not bad by any means, and maybe it will grow on me, but I'm really glad I didn't sell anything for one.
Just goes to show how initial impressions can be completely wrong...especially before actually flipping a machine. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying I have no interest in Mando but am looking around the gameroom pondering what I can sell for a Led Zeppelin!
This might end up being a machine kind of like Stranger Things, where it gets lost in the shuffle and dismissed until more people get a chance to actually play. I just can't imagine anyone who is a fan of smooth, flowy games not enjoying this.

It’s funny, I just bought both of those games and received them yesterday. I haven’t put much time on either yet but I give the edge to LZ over mando at this point in time. I think you are dead on about the comparison to stranger things. I bet they will stop making Lz premiums like they did with with Stranger things and then it will become desired after the fact.

#6084 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Okay, I may need to try 1.02. I’m a little worried about bricking my node boards if I roll back, though.

Is there no way to just reset to default code that it shipped with? Or do you have to reinstall the old code?

#6086 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There’s no “reset” so you’d have to install older code. And there’s no guarantee that the older code would work with the latest node board firmware. Best to just blink rapidly instead.

Ahhh ok. Yeah that makes sense. I enjoy the current code so I will just keep playing as is.

1 week later
#6237 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Anyone besides crazilevi have inpu w respect to dimples

I have bought 3 stern NIBs in a little over a year. I feel like I only noticed dimples on my first one which was DP and after about 200 games it seemed to smooth out and it wasn’t noticeable.

#6269 2 years ago

I haven’t played the pro and I bought the premium without playing one. I went off videos and that spinner checks a bunch of boxes for me. 1.When it’s down the playfield is open and clear for fast and flowy shots which I love.
2. When it’s up it affects the playfield in a neat and fun way and is only up for a mode so when it is up I enjoy it.
3. It’s a magnet and physical ball lock which is very cool.
I still need a bit more time to finalize my thoughts on LZ but it may well be my favourite game I have ever played.
Long winded rant to say I love LZ premium

4 weeks later
#6558 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m thinking of grabbing a NIB Premium. is this game the bomb? Looks so good

I hadn’t played the pro or premium and I decided to impulse buy a premium while waiting for my mando. Best choice I ever made. The game rocks.

1 month later
#6775 2 years ago

I have owned 4 new sterns, so this is nothing new to me. The ball guides don’t have washers and I have been watching to see if any clear was starting to get scraped. Noticed tonight that it is, but no damage yet. I have had to ad Mylar and washers to deadpool and mando so far. My question is has anyone done this and is there any tips to make it go smooth?Looks like I have to take quit a bit of things apart to get at that area.

CA5E01C2-273B-4EAC-A7A9-5E2FDA91F2ED (resized).jpegCA5E01C2-273B-4EAC-A7A9-5E2FDA91F2ED (resized).jpeg
#6777 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm struggling to locate the "issues" in this massive, close up photo...so maybe it's not really a problem?
My clear looks perfect after a year but then I'm not actively looking for trouble either.

It’s not a problem yet but it has the same makings as the deadpool katana ramp entrance and the mando horseshoe. On both of those the ball guides had no washers and dug into the clear. On deadpool it chipped the playfield and removed paint. On mando some of the clear was scraping off but I saw others on pinside who had it chip on there mando just like my deadpool. This is very premature and it’s not visible from the photo. I agree not an issue at the moment. If I hadn’t had the experience I had with DP I would probably just let it ride. DP chipped within a month and mando was showing signs a couple months in.

#6781 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's definitely better that there is no art under it. But the clear will chip away. Whether or not that is really a problem is up to each individual. It's definitely not as noticeable as when there is art. My biggest worry would be if once the clear is chipped, if the chip will keep getting bigger until it is into the art. I have no idea if that will happen or not though. Either way, that playfield is definitely already dented under that, and likely was since day 1 when it was tightened. So if you put a washer under it, you'll still see the dent. Screwed either way, LOL.

You are on the same train of thought as I am. My concern is that the chip spreads over time. I intend on having this game long term as It’s amazing. I figure for the money it cost that it’s not a big deal to put in a bit of time and use some Mylar and a washer to stop a possible issue from ever occurring. I got it apart last night. Wasn’t bad at all.

1 week later
#6883 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Tried twice and failing. Using windows with a 32G usb - same thing happened with the least update.
Should I assume that my USB has ran its course and buy a new one?
[quoted image]

I did the Zep update and the mando update yesterday. The mando update kept failing the unpack until I switched the USB port I was using on my pc. After that mando worked and Zep worked first try.

1 week later
#6974 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Both are great games! Park em' next to each other as they are quite different shooters.[quoted image]

Would love to park an IM next my Zep.

#6978 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

something like this
[quoted image]

That’s a sight to behold! Perfection right there.

1 week later
#7060 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

LZ has a ton of stuff. The shots up the middle and right are just further back than other titles so folks say it's empty. Premium has four ramps, two scoops, three flippers, Two spinners, three drops, three pops, a motorized mech with magnet lock, Icarus leaper, and full cabinet mounted RGB lighting. That's a pretty good list of stuff crammed in.

I agree 100%. When people say it’s empty I always think what are you talking about. I also think since the shots are at the back it can come off as difficult to some. My wife hates LZ but loved our Munsters, and loves our mando. She finds it difficult. LZ is the only game I know that will never leave.

1 week later
#7144 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Cousin gave me his old black light poster tonight. I had the same one when I was kid but apparently he kept his.
[quoted image]

That’s awesome! I have some led zep art in my game room too.

4BFAF105-1210-4ADC-AD62-905120FE15C7 (resized).jpeg4BFAF105-1210-4ADC-AD62-905120FE15C7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7246 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I don't own an LZ yet, but for me the difference is the ramp from the upper flipper. I think I could live without EM.
Just wanted to re-ask my question from a few posts back....Is it a safe bet that I will like LZ Prem if I love Star Wars?
Thanks

I am in the reverse situation of you. I own an LZ premium. I have an opportunity to trade my Mando premium for a Star Wars premium. I have discovered I enjoy richies games. I haven’t played a SW premium but I have played a pro. I enjoyed it but was wondering if I would enjoy a premium over my mando. After seeing all these posts about both games I think I am gonna pull the trigger.

#7282 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My EM sometimes doesn’t go down at the start of a game. Eventually it goes down after a few shots or end of ball 1. Any suggestions or is this just a bug.

After you finish a game you have to wait for it to go back to the main screen before you start another game.

1 week later
#7375 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Got my powder coated parts back. I wanted to do something very different than my other games with LZ.
One thing I usually do, is to paint all of the cabinet hardware (bolts, screws, etc...) gloss black, but this time I wanted to go in a different direction. Gloss Maui Blue. Powder is Prismatic Candy Raspberry over chrome.
Still waiting on additional mods. Clear drop targets with illumination. (Have these on Stranger Things and Star Wars) and Big Ben as well as my "Topper"
I am very happy with the results...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done! That looks unreal!

1 month later
#7576 2 years ago

I also agree with LZ being a super underrated gem. I got a mando premium and LZ premium the same day, the mando premium is now gone and LZ is still here.Last week I got a maiden and I feel it pairs well with LZ. I think Dad rock pins are the future of my collection.

#7578 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Agree 100%
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! How are you enjoying Rush? I am not the biggest rush fan, but I do enjoy some of there songs and the layout looks fun to me.

1 month later
#7748 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the last update changed the scoring? Ever since the update my scores have been substantially lower. Maybe I just suck lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

5,699 (OBO)
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Enron64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=Enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.