20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1337 3 years ago

If the plastic glass guides under the side rails are installed a little off kilter, the glass will be tight.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Just got this fix from stern. Look at the positions of the arms in the magic spinner. It’s backwards from what I have and upside down. I think my spinner arms were put in upside down.
[quoted image]

Until it spins?

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Unfortunately Stern has not been the best at testing mechs. They kind of wind up allowing the early adopters (buyers) do the testing. There's a list for every pin:
- AIQ Subway
- TMNT Glider & Diverter
- GB Slimer
- Orbit on GOT
- Captive ball / Sarcophagus lock on Maiden
- Demon Head on Kiss
You get the picture.
The good news is they fix most of them, even if there are design flaws. Sucks that the LZ spinner is really the ONLY mech on that game and it's a friggin spinner. Nothing super fancy.

Sadly you missed at least a few. GB right ramp, Star Wars fork ramp and hyperloop, Stranger Things lock mech and demogorgon adjustment all come to mind. The Premium/LE features are often the problem area for Sterns, which otherwise are very reliable in my experience. I wish they would put more time in on testing and bullet-proofing these mechs/design features.

#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What are you guys using to lube the spinner? I usually use a tiny bit of Superlube synthetic, but that's not really an "oil."
Also, anybody install the Pinwoofer GT Super kit? Wondering how improved the sound is...I'm about to get one. After all, it IS a music pin.

White lithium grease

#2056 3 years ago

The bottom of spinners tip forward because the playfield is sloped and the spinner is held vertical by gravity.

#2296 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think I am in the minority but I do not understand the fascination with knockers? To me they are annoying. My favorite part is when a noobie hear's a knocker for the first time-"What the hell was that?" they reply. Part of our pinball pastime that will stick with us I guess?

I agree. I always set them to “off” on newer machines, and even unplug them on 80s and 90s games.

#2607 3 years ago

Anyone airballing off the center ramp into the plastic panel (hitting Bonham in the neck)?

#2617 3 years ago

Dupe post

#2618 3 years ago

I’m having the shot brick maybe 1 out of 5 shots or so. And I’m at 7.1. I think it’s hitting the clear plastic as well.

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

AIQ Premium owner - thinking about the Led Zeppelin Premium as my 2nd pin. Trying to get to an arcade next week to give it a try. Lots of happy owners here?

I’m enjoying my Premium! Shoots great!

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from Mouseyjoe:

Newbie here. First post actually. Bought the Pro and thanks to Dthwsh for helping me set her up! Appreciating the knowledge on here! Y’all are seriously impressive. Bought those wet stickers on Etsy for the zeppelin that was posted here-thanks! I owned a Waterworld many years ago but the Zep is another level. Back to lurk(learn) mode.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, and welcome!

#2789 3 years ago

Do you guys think that maybe the pro version is a bit easier? The elctric magic mech is cool but it can interupt flow when making good progress on songs. Also, hitting the dead-end target from the upper flipper is easier (but not as satisfying) than hitting the ramp clean.

#2824 3 years ago

Anyone feel like the EM mech is over-used? I mean once, maybe twice a game would be good I suppose but 4, 5, 6 times in the same game is too many imo.

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I recently upped my EM Led Zep difficulty to Hard. On medium it still came up way too often. On Hard it actually still comes up too often, but I can deal with it.

Ha! I have mine on hard as well but it seems to come up just as much. Maybe they'll dial it back a bit in code updates. Seems to come up every time I'm in a good song combo groove.

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Maybe Stern needs to just fix the fuckin spinner and not the code.

Well different f’n people work on f’n mechs than on the f’n code.

#2883 3 years ago

Cool! I've felt all along that Ic on a stick should have been the "object" instead, and have it spin when hit (via a motor) instead of jump. And then of course we need "Achilles Last Stand" in the playlist. Just 4 or 5 more tunes would be great.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So I was goofing around with shooter lane today, loosened top screw, pulled lane back as tight as I could, and now can get auto plunge to hit crossover ramp prob 90% of the time. I couldn't get it to do manually tho, so I put in a heavier spring, red, from Stern I had, and now can plunge to ramp if I do it correctly. Kinda nice if youre in em spinner mode and want to avoid knocking ball out of the magnet. Kinda like a skill shot, with no points, but at least it feeds to right flip for control.

Crossover ramp starts super modes and extends playfield x mode (if you're in it).

#2915 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Getting my LE in couple weeks now... looking forward to it. Just q for current owners: I've been watching a couple of the RD streams and it seams the Electric Magic MB does sweet FA? Is this the case with game play? I'm thinking the scoring needs to be increased to make it worthwhile?
He seems to want to pjss the thing off as soon as it raises. I think its a cool toy if it gets coded well. Cute sounds with the spinner isn't enough for me.it needs to have some weight to the scoring.

It's over-used a bit imo, at factory settings. Even moving them to "hard" for the EM makes it come up too much (again imo). It's a cool mech but it blocks some of the shots so it can mess with your song shot-making rhythm. It does lead to a multiball, and the song mode you're in continues so that's helpful, but the mech is up during the multiball too. Scoring seems a bit light. I'd rather see it used a lot less (1 or 2 times per game max) and have the 2nd run through of it have different rules than the 1st.

#2932 3 years ago

Sorry but that plunger is hideous

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I just received my 'hideous' shooter in the mail today.. I can't wait to install my hideous shooter, everything about this game was hideous from the start, right? It's so hideous that I love it! and I want to make it more hideous.

Love the game, hate the shooter (but I’m not a mods guy anyway). Some of you guys will buy anything

#2968 3 years ago

Didn’t want to roll it

505C2918-8DC6-478B-A1D3-832797817D15 (resized).jpeg505C2918-8DC6-478B-A1D3-832797817D15 (resized).jpeg

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have joined the Dark Side. After getting pretty frustrated with the spinner getting jacked up, I took it all apart, straightened the spinner and flipped it to the dark side. I hope it helps cause I'm just ready to disable the EM. And not just because of the spinner getting jacked. The mech just gets in the way and causes me more drains than I can count. Don't you just love the slow roller that come through the back of the spinner and goes SDTM?

The way it's coded now, the EM Mech is not advantageous. I curse it when it pops up because it really gives some bad SDTM feeds and blocks shots. Scores would be way higher without it. Hopefully Stern can find the right balance with it because the mech itself, when working properly, is pretty cool.

#3072 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I adjusted the shooter metal bracket as described. Not quite as much as you did. Cranked up plunger power a little. Awesome. Hits 90% on auto plunge. Not strong enough on manual. But since that shot is so tough, it’s nice to see it put to more use. Not sure if it’s “supposed” to be this way but I highly recommend this Thanks Farmer
Signed, Painter

They didn't design the game for free side ramps for each plunge, but it's your game, set it up how you like it. Your scores will be higher though. Auto-plunges on multiball will hit the side ramp, extending the playfield x (which you would have started right before multiball, right?), keep draining while MB ball save is on and you'll keep pumping up the playfield x time, plus starting all the super modes.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballsareus627:

Anyone else feel like flipper strength is way too high from the factory on this one or am I crazy?

Feels spot-on to me. All ramps can be made cross-playfield or backhand. No crazy airballs. They will feel strong if you've just played a JJP game, that's for sure.

#3114 3 years ago

Latest update is great! Way to go team Stern! Good improvements on the Electric Magic rules, and the faster speed of its motor. EM Frenzy super jackpots are awesome! Some cool new lights as well and some song mode changes. Great stuff! Can't wait for even more!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c4c3 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c4c3 (resized).jpg
#3182 3 years ago

I have a large collection and think LZ would be fine as an only pin. It shoots really good and the rules are solid already and still evolving. I have a premium and think it looks great in person. Just classic Zep I art.

#3193 3 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

How is the quality of the art on the premium cabinet? I've not come across any high res pics.

It's not grainy like the older Sterns, but there isn't a lot of detail to the art. The pictures on here represent it well.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anyone who has actually got to EM Frenzy, can you tell me how to start it? I've read the read me file but I still have never seen it. Thanks!

It's on the second time the EM comes up, if you played the multiball on the first EM "mode". I think it's qualified with spins (like the mb), shots are then lit around the playfield. After so many, super jackpot is lit on the center spinner and jacks way up with the consecutive spins, showing the ever-increasing SJP value on the screen, collected when the spinner stops. Awesome! You can collect a couple before going back to the lit shots. Sorry this is a bit vague and maybe partially inaccurate as I'm watching the balls more than the screen/rules! But the SJP is great!

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

It's on the second time the EM comes up, if you played the multiball on the first EM "mode". I think it's qualified with spins (like the mb), shots are then lit around the playfield. After so many, super jackpot is lit on the center spinner and jacks way up with the consecutive spins, showing the ever-increasing SJP value on the screen, collected when the spinner stops. Awesome! You can collect a couple before going back to the lit shots. Sorry this is a bit vague and maybe partially inaccurate as I'm watching the balls more than the screen/rules! But the SJP is great!

Popped a 100 million SJP on EM frenzy (thank you playfield x).

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just a quick review:
EM multiball: Meh.
EM Frenzy: Holy shit.
If you haven't gotten the second EM multiball yet (Frenzy), just shoot for it. You won't be disappointed. I didn't realize I was doing that the first time I did it...this time I paid attention, and it's spectacular.

Yep, EM Frenzy is awesome.

1 week later
#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No I just wanted to see if you would come out calling names and you did.lol Oh you forgot best theme intergration best artwork best call outs and they should’ve called it the JJP awards show!Good luck next year crybaby

Dude, get a life. Seriously. Fucking cheerleader.

#3449 3 years ago

And you still haven't played it yet I suppose!

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Can anybody tell me what direction they went with on the code? Is it a mode based game or jackpot like GnR? Ive watched a few videos but would like to hear what you guys think of code. The game looks fun to me but code makes or breaks any game for me. Im a mode playing through a story line code kind of guy.

Well there's no story line. It's very flowy, combo-friendly game. Keep hitting lit shots to collect gold records in whatever song you're playing. After 5 gold records on a song, you can change the song if you'd like or play for more records. 10 is platinum. All of the songs have different shot patterns.

Then there's the main Zeppelin multiball from the left ramp. And there are 4 tour multiballs, getting progressively harder to enable. All of these stack with the song you are playing so you keep progressing on the song during multiballs - helpful for the hard songs like The Song Remains the Same. Throw in the Electric Magic rising spinner modes (multiball and frenzy), 2 mini wizards modes and the main wizard mode and there is plenty going on. AND, the all-important playfield x which has some unique rules (combos when qualifying it add to the value, more Icarus hits raises the value when in it, side ramp extends timer).

The primary theme though is playing through the songs and collecting the songs shots. So pretty straight forward with mostly flow, lots of combos, lots of back-handable shots.

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im just trying to make sure its not coded like GnR and more like a Stern type code where you actually feel like your progressing through the game more then just playing songs to build jackpots. Really sounds like a well coded game and the premium Deadflip streamed makes it look fast and fun which is exactly what i like. Thanks fellas!

I own both and have them side by side and they are completely different games. I don't care much for how GNR shoots and the plunger lane is a design flaw in my opinion. I say this because, as you know, there are very very long ball saves on all of the song modes. The plunger drops balls into the lower middle playfield, and collisions send many straight to the outlanes only to be re-plunged and continue the flail, hoping you can build the song values (with very mysterious rules about how to do this - yes, hit the lit shots and collect the band members but it's very unbalanced from song to song). Then collect band members again and start another song. Theme integration is great, and the same goes for the lights and art. The rules are a one-trick pony though as they stand now.

As a shooter, LZ is much different (better imo). Snappy flippers of course, and a great playfield layout. Great songs and a good light show too (though not up to GNRs level). The rules are on the simple side and maybe a touch uninspired, but with some unique touches like the playfield x rules, and the qualifying tour mode rules. Still, a lot of fun to shoot and jam to the tunes. I dig it. I have the premium. Oh, and like GNR, it can play a little long.

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im just trying to make sure its not coded like GnR and more like a Stern type code where you actually feel like your progressing through the game more then just playing songs to build jackpots. Really sounds like a well coded game and the premium Deadflip streamed makes it look fast and fun which is exactly what i like. Thanks fellas!

Lastly, there is a game progression: you try to advance through all the songs, one at a time. Once up to 5 records, you can hit the top scoop and move to another song. So, you try to play for all 10 tunes to get the Top of the Charts mini-wiz mode, which is a lot like Sea of Simulation on TRON where you re-visit each song to collect enough additional records to advance each to platinum.

#3502 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thank you so much this really helps! Im right there with you on GnR agree with everything you said! Without being able to go and play one somewhere with this pandemic crap ive been going through games buying unplayed and GnR just doesnt fit my likings, dont get me wrong i do enjoy jamming out to the songs and light show on it though. Since i see you have a IMDN also can I pick your brain one more time... Out of IMDN pre and LZ pre which would you choose?

Well I’m still in the Honeymoon phase with LZ but Iron Maiden is pretty damn good. I’d say IM.

C’mon out to Mars sometime (near Pittsburgh) and play a few games!

#3504 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Man i wish! Thats the issue I havent been able to go out and play these games at Pinball Gallery or Pinfest so Im flying blind besides videos on Youtube. You got a awesome collection, thanks for the invite! My wifes sister lives in Ellwood City so someday I might even take you up on that offer. Thanks for the info again too!

Offer stands anytime! Have a good weekend! - Joe

2 weeks later
#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Holy Shit - good chance my Premium will be delivered Tomorrow. Don't know about the topper yet, but the side rails and shooter are here. The wait is finally coming to an end - been a long few months!

Congrats and enjoy! Be sure to install the latest code before playing the game (to protect the spinner).

#3830 3 years ago

I thought ? Multiball was "Celebration Day". Does it just call the mode that but not play the song? Haven't made it there yet....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=DrJoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.