IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 193.
#4851 2 years ago

Well I guess I need one too. Wonder if he will do a metallica

#4852 2 years ago

Okay. Allow me a moment to set the scene. Rough, busy day at work. Had to drive into the office (has become a somewhat non-existent thing in the past year or so), traffic coming home was a killer. Time to play some pinball. Fire up all three (I wish I had more) machines.

So I find myself gravitating towards my Led Zeppelin because I have a love/hate relationship with it. I consider myself to be a decent player. I've put my high scores on some location machines as well as some of those living at my friend's houses. I can score in the billions fairly regularly on my Star Wars. But LZ has straight up been brutally kicking my ass. Can't figure out why. Do I not know the rules (answer: I don't). Do I not have the shots down (answer: I'm getting there). Do I have SDTM way too often to the point I kick the machine (answer: yes.)

So here I am playing and all of the sudden I just get sucked into the music. End of game, let's open up that coin door and set the music just a little louder than it was before. Okay, decent game. What do you say we set the volume even louder (after all the wife isn't home). Next thing I know the music is blasting. Previous high score was 291 million. With music blasting I find myself with a score of 403 million. Super pumped, no more hate, nothing but love. I think I've found the sweet spot. Just need to play it until my ears are blasting.

I know, I know, there are people on here obviously way better at pinball than I am scoring in the billions. But I am coming for you.

#4853 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Okay. Allow me a moment to set the scene. Rough, busy day at work. Had to drive into the office (has become a somewhat non-existent thing in the past year or so), traffic coming home was a killer. Time to play some pinball. Fire up all three (I wish I had more) machines.
So I find myself gravitating towards my Led Zeppelin because I have a love/hate relationship with it. I consider myself to be a decent player. I've put my high scores on some location machines as well as some of those living at my friend's houses. I can score in the billions fairly regularly on my Star Wars. But LZ has straight up been brutally kicking my ass. Can't figure out why. Do I not know the rules (answer: I don't). Do I not have the shots down (answer: I'm getting there). Do I have SDTM way too often to the point I kick the machine (answer: yes.)
So here I am playing and all of the sudden I just get sucked into the music. End of game, let's open up that coin door and set the music just a little louder than it was before. Okay, decent game. What do you say we set the volume even louder (after all the wife isn't home). Next thing I know the music is blasting. Previous high score was 291 million. With music blasting I find myself with a score of 403 million. Super pumped, no more hate, nothing but love. I think I've found the sweet spot. Just need to play it until my ears are blasting.
I know, I know, there are people on here obviously way better at pinball than I am scoring in the billions. But I am coming for you.

nothin' wrong with more cowbell. especially during a MB or EM frenzy while one of your preferred tunes is wailing away. if your pin is dialed in and sounds as good as it shoots, then unleash the fury of rock n roll and lay waste to all high scores (and your eardrums). appreciate the flippers out seek and destroy attitude, will arm myself accordingly.

#4854 2 years ago

Just had an insane Zeppelin multiball and realized a ball went missing. No idea how this one happened lol

0FA13B2B-6109-4EA0-B2ED-9FDE4D5DC1F0 (resized).jpeg0FA13B2B-6109-4EA0-B2ED-9FDE4D5DC1F0 (resized).jpeg
#4855 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Just had an insane Zeppelin multiball and realized a ball went missing. No idea how this one happened lol
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to me last week - a very special effort. It was the first time in weeks I’ve had to take the glass off, which I think is astounding for a new machine these days

#4856 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Got my Wizard Mod in. Quality is very nice. It shipped from Portugal rolled up. When I got it, I carefully unrolled it and flattened it some by hand. I stuck it on the side of my refrigerator overnight and it was nice and flat for the installation today. All you have to do is remove the LE/Premium/Pro badge and stick it on, the make sure it is nice and lined up properly and put the badge back on. I also did the lock bar magnet, but decided to stick with the factory LE apron.
Was tough to get a decent picture in my game room lighting but it looks fantastic in person!! In case you are wondering, I replaced the blue rings around the speakers with the orange plastic one to add to the effect of the speaker lights.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very nice

#4857 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

now I bet your sorry you kicked it ?

#4858 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Same thing happened to me last week - a very special effort. It was the first time in weeks I’ve had to take the glass off, which I think is astounding for a new machine these days

Honestly first time I've had a stuck ball in close to 500 games now. It gets hung up on the EM spinner sometimes if it's moving too slow but yea I'm impressed!

#4859 2 years ago

What's the best way to lower the EM spinner a hair. ball gets hung up on it when it's raised up about 2mm on the back and 1mm on the front. I see one guy used zip ties from underneath, is there a software setting somewhere?

#4860 2 years ago

Getting my pro next week.

#4861 2 years ago

Any advice on “dialing in” the right orbit shot into the Song Change Kick Out? I am hitting something around the diverter in hard shots. Soft shots make it through smoothly. Thanks in advance for any insights!

#4862 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Any advice on “dialing in” the right orbit shot into the Song Change Kick Out? I am hitting something around the diverter in hard shots. Soft shots make it through smoothly. Thanks in advance for any insights!

I've been fighting this since day one. There is some sort of interference right around the control gate and the ball doesn't make it to the upper eject scoop. I removed the gate assembly altogether and it seemed much better. However, there doesn't appear to be any issue with the gate mechanism or operation, so I'm not sure if that is actually the issue. I've been focusing a lot on the ball guide lately, as it seemed twisted/bent (see photo). I removed it to straighten things and reinstalled. I now get some rejections off of the scoop...ugh.

While I had the ball guide out I noticed the wear pattern on it. It looks like some shots are getting high on the guide as they go around the turn (see photo). This leads me to think that these shots are riding high and colliding with the control gate bracket. This would explain the interference, as well as why it seemed better when I had the control gate out.

What isn't explained is why some shots are getting high on the ball guide. I checked the playfield to make sure everything is flat. The inserts are not raised, and there do not seem to be any high spots on the playfield that would cause the ball to get air. Maybe turn down the left flipper power? I haven't tried that yet but am considering it.

Stern support is aware. We were eyeing the control gate but now are focusing on the ball guide in case my adjustments weren't correct (I'm waiting to hear). I also traded a message with RayDay and he suggested a slight bend to the ball guide as well.

I'm going to keep tweaking things and see if I get anywhere. It would be great to hear other owner stories around this one. Anyone else out there with this issue?

Cheers!

20210606_171553 (resized).jpg20210606_171553 (resized).jpg20210606_171804 (resized).jpg20210606_171804 (resized).jpg
#4863 2 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

I've been fighting this since day one. There is some sort of interference right around the control gate and the ball doesn't make it to the upper eject scoop. I removed the gate assembly altogether and it seemed much better. However, there doesn't appear to be any issue with the gate mechanism or operation, so I'm not sure if that is actually the issue. I've been focusing a lot on the ball guide lately, as it seemed twisted/bent (see photo). I removed it to straighten things and reinstalled. I now get some rejections off of the scoop...ugh.
While I had the ball guide out I noticed the wear pattern on it. It looks like some shots are getting high on the guide as they go around the turn (see photo). This leads me to think that these shots are riding high and colliding with the control gate bracket. This would explain the interference, as well as why it seemed better when I had the control gate out.
What isn't explained is why some shots are getting high on the ball guide. I checked the playfield to make sure everything is flat. The inserts are not raised, and there do not seem to be any high spots on the playfield that would cause the ball to get air. Maybe turn down the left flipper power? I haven't tried that yet but am considering it.
Stern support is aware. We were eyeing the control gate but now are focusing on the ball guide in case my adjustments weren't correct (I'm waiting to hear). I also traded a message with RayDay and he suggested a slight bend to the ball guide as well.
I'm going to keep tweaking things and see if I get anywhere. It would be great to hear other owner stories around this one. Anyone else out there with this issue?
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have been lucky that this part of my LZ has worked almost flawlessly. If you think some pictures of that area would help I can get them for you.

Just a couple ideas. Could the ball be centering up on the switch slot, so that it's catching air when it reaches the end of it? I think that was an issue on Ghostbusters.

What do your back legs look like? I have not measured my pitch, but my front legs are all the way in, back legs about 1/2 way out. My flippers are set at full strength.

#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

What's the best way to lower the EM spinner a hair. ball gets hung up on it when it's raised up about 2mm on the back and 1mm on the front. I see one guy used zip ties from underneath, is there a software setting somewhere?

Bump this? Last thing to tweak here and my machine would be dialed in perfectly.

#4865 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Bump this? Last thing to tweak here and my machine would be dialed in perfectly.

Did you try simply tightening the screws holding the top EM plastic down tighter? There’s rubber grommets in there so there may be a little give and you may be able to get it a little more flush.

#4866 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you try simply tightening the screws holding the top EM plastic down tighter? There’s rubber grommets in there so there may be a little give and you may be able to get it a little more flush.

I'm talking about the bottom of the device when the spinner is up. When it lowers it sits flush and tightening them further doesn't seem like it does anything to change the level when it's raised.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4867 2 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks RexPins! I have the same wear pattern and I was thinking the same thing about the ball getting air and catching the gate. That would make sense with the slower shots making it thru smoothly. I am going to try a small bend of the ball guide, inward at the top. I’ll let you know.

Please keep us up to date if you hear anything else out of Stern Support.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have been lucky that this part of my LZ has worked almost flawlessly. If you think some pictures of that area would help I can get them for you.
Just a couple ideas. Could the ball be centering up on the switch slot, so that it's catching air when it reaches the end of it? I think that was an issue on Ghostbusters.
What do your back legs look like? I have not measured my pitch, but my front legs are all the way in, back legs about 1/2 way out. My flippers are set at full strength.

Sounds around the same set up I have. Level showing 6.5 on the pitch with front legs all the way in and back legs about 1/2 way.

#4868 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Loosen the 3 nuts marked #7 in the drawing. Then you can move the motor up/down to adjust the position when up. There are also two screws on the bottom that will adjust the position when down. Then you can fine tune the down position with the screws on top that Levi mentioned.

em assy (resized).JPGem assy (resized).JPG
#4869 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Loosen the 3 nuts marked #7 in the drawing. Then you can move the motor up/down to adjust the position when up. There are also two screws on the bottom that will adjust the position when down. Then you can fine tune the down position with the screws on top that Levi mentioned.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Will be working on this tmrw

#4870 2 years ago

Anyone in here hook up a sub or upgrade speakers. I’m Thinking about sound upgrade options.

#4871 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone in here hook up a sub or upgrade speakers. I’m Thinking about sound upgrade options.

pinwoofer kit is great

#4872 2 years ago

2nd the motion for pinwoofer

#4873 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the exact replacement size of the rubber behind the drop targets and the one at the top of the entrance to the crossover ramp?

Also is there anyone out there who knows where I can order them from in Canada preferably Ontario ?

Shipping from the States is expensive.

Thank you for any help.

#4874 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Can anyone tell me the exact replacement size of the rubber behind the drop targets and the one at the top of the entrance to the crossover ramp?
Also is there anyone out there who knows where I can order them from in Canada preferably Ontario ?
Thank you for any help.

Page 43 of the manual which is a free download from the following link.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-manuals/

1 3/4 " and 3/4"

#4875 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Page 43 of the manual which is a free download from the following link.
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-manuals/
1 3/4 " and 3/4"

Thx. Boy do I feel stupid. I am new to ownership. I just bought 2 machines this year. Thank you .

#4876 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image]

You beautiful bastard. Much easier than I expected. Really makes me question wtf the other guy did early in the thread with zip ties to lower his?!

3x bolts like you said and need to loosen the bottom screws (pictured) to lower the housing and now it plays so much nicer now! Thank you!!

Need to make sure your EM is 100% level holy shit it shoots so much better now!!

8C0F6EAD-E79B-461A-890D-AE1AB8F84B7A (resized).jpeg8C0F6EAD-E79B-461A-890D-AE1AB8F84B7A (resized).jpeg
#4877 2 years ago

Is is possible to reuse the original decals?

Quoted from Drussksu:

I put in Flipper Fidelity speakers. Simple swap of 3 speakers. Kit had red rings for the backbox speakers. I left the foam out. Perfect for my Premium!
Sounds and looks better.

#4878 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Thank you for any help.

I found someone in Canada that has all sizes except 1 3/4 " shipping wasn't too expensive. If there are any other Canadians looking for some rubber replacements let me know and I will forward the info.

#4879 2 years ago

Recieved new decals for new spinner assembly , they forgot to ship with spinner. Good service on their part, I've had nothing but good luck with stern.

#4880 2 years ago

Scores are getting hard to come by, but I did hit a different type of milestone tonight! I did have factory EB settings back on for this.

20210614_211635 (resized).jpg20210614_211635 (resized).jpg
#4881 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recieved new decals for new spinner assembly , they forgot to ship with spinner. Good service on their part, I've had nothing but good luck with stern.

Did you need to request or they send automatically?

#4882 2 years ago

I've emailed Stern 4 times about getting a new spinner and plastic top. Last reply I received was about a month ago and that " the parts department is working on getting the kits back in stock". I emailed them again yesterday but no reply yet.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4883 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Did you need to request or they send automatically?

Had to email. They were sent next day , ups

#4884 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've emailed Stern 4 times about getting a new spinner and plastic top. Last reply I received was about a month ago and that " the parts department is working on getting the kits back in stock". I emailed them again yesterday but no reply yet.

The parts shortage just isn't in pinball. Can't even get parts for farm equipment either, and I'm not talking bout computer chips. Metal, glass and plastic all comes from China now, hard to get anything. Buddy owns a glass shop, says glass is the next shortage to hit us. Better have extra playfield glass at home, This is going to get worse before it gets better.

#4885 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The parts shortage just isn't in pinball. Can't even get parts for farm equipment either, and I'm not talking bout computer chips. Metal, glass and plastic all comes from China now, hard to get anything. Buddy owns a glass shop, says glass is the next shortage to hit us. Better have extra playfield glass at home, This is going to get worse before it gets better.

I have 4 extra glass because I put in invisiglass in 4 of my machines. Also have 1 extra wide glass. My TZ had invisiglass and the regular glass when I got it. Never broke glass yet!

#4886 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have 4 extra glass because I put in invisiglass in 4 of my machines. Also have 1 extra wide glass. My TZ had invisiglass and the regular glass when I got it. Never broke glass yet!

after I saw hayfarmers photo of when his glass broke all over his game room floor I went and bought a couple spares.Cant hurt to be prepared.

#4887 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Only 1 for me, 4" from the carpet, landed on an edge. I still find a chunk every now and then when I vacuum or move games 4 months later

20201229_122841 (resized).jpg20201229_122841 (resized).jpg
#4888 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only 1 for me, 4" from the carpet, landed on an edge. I still find a chunk every now and then when I vacuum or move games 4 months later
[quoted image]

That sub in the photo may be ruined as well,do you need my shipping address to recycle ?

#4889 2 years ago

heya guys little help here. I'm looking for specific links to purchase a few items for my LZ pro.

- Pinsound and Pinwoofer - I don't see LZ listed as a supported game on either website.
- Are you guys installing the speakers sold by those vendors or an external sub?
- shaker motor - any one better than another?

Thanks!

#4890 2 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

heya guys little help here. I'm looking for specific links to purchase a few items for my LZ pro.
- Pinsound and Pinwoofer - I don't see LZ listed as a supported game on either website.
- Are you guys installing the speakers sold by those vendors or an external sub?
Thanks!

pinwoofer set works great with the speakers they include,I think pinsound has the sub connector,yes use pinwoofer

#4891 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

pinwoofer set works great with the speakers they include,I think pinsound has the sub connector,yes use pinwoofer

IMG_1917 (resized).jpgIMG_1917 (resized).jpg
#4892 2 years ago

Thanks!

this may get you there https://pinwoofer.com/videos/ and shows installation

#4893 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

That sub in the photo may be ruined as well,do you need my shipping address to recycle ?

Its on the way bud

#4894 2 years ago

Thanks!

Pinwoofer Spike-2 kit works for LZ Pro, https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-5-25in-spike-super-kit/

I got the shaker linked below from Little Shop of Games (others carry it) and have had great performance.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/stern-accessories/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-and-spike-2-system-pinball-machine-games-502-5027-01/

#4895 2 years ago

Thanks guys.

One last question. Anyone have a photo of the Stern topper on a Pro? My pro has the expression lighting and I'm just curious to know if the topper looks okay with the pro artwork. Looks great on the premium and LE. I have a topper on the way, but may save it in case I upgrade down the road.

#4896 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That's crazy, I emailed and had it out to me fairly quickly but it's the same assembly I already have And no stickers ya.

Thanks guys.
One last question. Anyone have a photo of the Stern topper on a Pro? My pro has the expression lighting and I'm just curious to know if the topper looks okay with the pro artwork. Looks great on the premium and LE. I have a topper on the way, but may save it in case I upgrade down the road.

I don't see why it wouldn't look good? While expensive I love the topper, when you're on field multiplier mode the lights go nuts it's awesome

#4897 2 years ago

It looked ok on the pro, but I switched back to my original premium translite. Currently bringing my LZ topper back to Stern for repair. Both spotlights only now light up when pointing for the sides for a few seconds. Somethings messed up, but glad Stern will fix it.

6C141329-E029-451B-B403-8B4F8D6768F5 (resized).jpeg6C141329-E029-451B-B403-8B4F8D6768F5 (resized).jpeg
#4898 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ha, I spoke too soon! The plastic top kit and spinner kit arrived today! And naturally the spinner has no decals. I just sent them another email.

#4899 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:Ha, I spoke too soon! The plastic top kit and spinner kit arrived today! And naturally the spinner has no decals. I just sent them another email.

Stern does a great job taking care of us!

#4900 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ha, I spoke too soon! The plastic top kit and spinner kit arrived today! And naturally the spinner has no decals. I just sent them another email.

I didn't get a plastic top just the two side metal pieces (which are the same as my current setup) and a Blank spinner.

My top looks fine so I'm not too concerned but what's the possibility of not being able to get these parts in the future if needed? Should I try and get what I can? I plan on keeping this pin for my kids one day so want to keep it as nice as I can and still enjoy it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.