IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 191.
#4751 2 years ago

I've thought of the padded drop target decals, but can't find appropriate one fr lz
Something similar to these

Screenshot_20210602-175817_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210602-175817_eBay (resized).jpg
#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Still having no luck with my left eject. When I start the game the left eject solenoid fires repeatedly for a short time then stops. The left eject switch is not registering in switch test. When I shoot the left eject the ball stays until a ball search shoots it out. I am getting an Operator alert saying Left Eject Device Malfunction.
I checked the microswitch and it physically looks ok and I can hear the click when pressing the actuator arm down. Not sure if the switch just needs to be replaced or if there might be a simpler fix.
I have included a couple pics of the microswitch. I haven’t replaced one of these before. If I need to, is it an easy job? I don’t see a diode on the miniswitch but rather two metal posts where it connects to two wires. I’m not sure if soldering is needed to connect a new one to the two wires or if the connect differently.
Thanks in Advance
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get a voltmeter, set it to Ohms, and test the switch. If the switch is good and actuator bent correctly follow the two leads to see if they are touching together somewhere.

#4753 2 years ago

if you email Stern they will send you a new decal.

#4754 2 years ago

I'd like to find something more vibrant than those blk and white decals.

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Get a voltmeter, set it to Ohms, and test the switch. If the switch is good and actuator bent correctly follow the two leads to see if they are touching together somewhere.

It is working correctly now. Fingers crossed.

#4756 2 years ago

I don't see how the new spinner kit is going to fix anything long term. The thin wire spinner arms need to be beefed up . Just one wrong hit will bend the spinner- that might be in 10 plays or 1000. Right now, after early trouble, mine is working perfectly and has been doing so a few hundred plays now.

#4757 2 years ago

The kit appears to contain a new bracket design as well as the new spinner?

I’m curious to see one In action and see how it does.

#4758 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I need something sparkly

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like my April build. Bent badly on day one lol

I was able to bend it back a few times and the last one seems to be much better for now but it’s only a matter of time. Will be good to have a spare on hand

#4759 2 years ago

I agree on the new spinner. What I see wrong with it is the length and angle of the spinner arms. I've worked metal for 40 + years and these will bend easier and once bent, you lose tensile strength. But, at least stern is trying to find a fix and not ignoring the problem, unlike jjp and their field issues.

#4760 2 years ago

Just had an afterthought-what if a metal guy sourced some good hardened steel and made some bullet-proof aftermarket spinners with reflective decals. I sure as hell would buy one just for back up. -Make it so

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just had an afterthought-what if a metal guy sourced some good hardened steel and made some bullet-proof aftermarket spinners with reflective decals. I sure as hell would buy one just for back up. -Make it so

Would cost a small fortune to try and set up. I think they need shorter, thicker arms, or get away from the opto spinner, and go to a mechanical design, which would suck. Shorter arms gusseted would be the best solution.

#4762 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Installed mine yesterday. It is a completely new assembly. It works well. The issue, as noted, is there is no decal on the spinner. I e-mailed Stern and we will see.

#4763 2 years ago

Please post pics of new assembly-I want to see the differences

If you could source good hardened steel wire-it would make a world of difference in the spinner assembly. Seems like 100% of the failure lies in the spinner wire they used. Stainless perhaps?

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

we could put rainbow tape cut to fit but would that look cheesy or better?

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from Adam716:

Installed mine yesterday. It is a completely new assembly. It works well. The issue, as noted, is there is no decal on the spinner. I e-mailed Stern and we will see.

So the spinner is not just different but also the surrounding assembly. Good luck, hope it proves to be a long-term solution!

Mine is still ripping great after a week of heavy play with the "flip upside down" method, but it's also gotten to the point where the spinner mech often doesn't sense the ball is locked when it lowers with a locked ball under the playfield as Beezlebob has discussed. A very slight nudge forward will set things right but I'm interested in a more elegant solution.

#4766 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

we could put rainbow tape cut to fit but would that look cheesy or better?

Like this?

Screenshot_20210603-085422_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210603-085422_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4767 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So the spinner is not just different but also the surrounding assembly. Good luck, hope it proves to be a long-term solution!
Mine is still ripping great after a week of heavy play with the "flip upside down" method, but it's also gotten to the point where the spinner mech often doesn't sense the ball is locked when it lowers with a locked ball under the playfield as Beezlebob has discussed. A very slight nudge forward will set things right but I'm interested in a more elegant solution.

Yeah I’ve got to nudge mine every single time. I don’t mind nudging but my tilt is pretty tight and get a warning about half the time.

#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, you are right, my bad. My premium is flat and is from april 10.
[quoted image]

so the new one is supposed to be straight up/down?
I keep having to bend mine back every 300 games or so, its a little annoying.

#4769 2 years ago

So I finally had a good 1st ball ( for me ) got 550 million.... ball 2 and 3 drained almost immediately ended up with 570 million. So frustrating. Waiting for the day I have 3 good balls in one game.

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

So I finally had a good 1st ball ( for me ) got 550 million.... ball 2 and 3 drained almost immediately ended up with 570 million. So frustrating. Waiting for the day I have 3 good balls in one game.

If it makes you feel any better I just hit my highest score tonight.

C3B3B891-17B3-46B8-B9F6-726317BC2B20 (resized).jpegC3B3B891-17B3-46B8-B9F6-726317BC2B20 (resized).jpeg
#4771 2 years ago

Got my speaker panel back from powder. Waiting on coin door to finish it off. Looks awesome though!!

74B5B616-BB26-4AE4-990A-D3B0DFFC4B8B (resized).jpeg74B5B616-BB26-4AE4-990A-D3B0DFFC4B8B (resized).jpegBE987D6C-D297-4A45-88DA-33FF5474AAAB (resized).jpegBE987D6C-D297-4A45-88DA-33FF5474AAAB (resized).jpeg
#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the confidence boost : )

#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Got my speaker panel back from powder. Waiting on coin door to finish it off. Looks awesome though!![quoted image][quoted image]

Robert does amazing work. The color is a perfect match. He's done metallica and ehoh for me as well as ramps for 3 other games. Highly recommend .

#4774 2 years ago

Hit my best score last weekend - 374.9m. Amateur hour over here and I love every second of it.

#4775 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hit my best score last weekend - 374.9m. Amateur hour over here and I love every second of it.

What makes it so great. I had Deadpool for a week and was hitting 300-500mil no problem. I can't break 300 mil on this yet and I've been playing for 3 weeks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4776 2 years ago

Last night. 220 mill on first ball. Ended ball 3 with 270 mill. Frustratingly fun

#4777 2 years ago

A good EM frenzy can put you way up there. I have mine set on 4 balls. I know that's heresy for some but I'm 68 years old and my skills aren't getting any better. If you're younger and going for wizard keep the 3 ball game until you get better. As for me it's 4 balls until I go blind and piss myself. I can hardly wait.

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

A good EM frenzy can put you way up there. I have mine set on 4 balls. I know that's heresy for some but I'm 68 years old and my skills aren't getting any better. If you're younger and going for wizard keep the 3 ball game until you get better. As for me it's 4 balls until I go blind and piss myself. I can hardly wait.

2.3 billion last weekend (first time breaking the bil. threshold) with a little over 2 bil. coming via an icarus X of 167.6. previous high was 955 mil. with most of that coming via a rocks off EM frenzy. in both instances i had no idea of the damage done until checking the scoreboard. game is set at three ball with EB set at fact and 25%. monster numbers are possible if ever i can execute both during the same game. certainly one of the things that keeps me comin' back for more.

#4779 2 years ago

icarus x of 167.6!!!?? whaaaaaa that's crazy

#4780 2 years ago

Just got a new top for EM spinner and another set of spinner decals from Stern. Top had been on backorder. I told them I did not need the top after installing the new code. Got it anyway. Thanks to Stern for the great service! I will put them away for spares. EM spinner has been working great after reversing spinner and installing new code.

#4781 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just got a new top for EM spinner and another set of spinner decals from Stern. Top had been on backorder. I told them I did not need the top after installing the new code. Got it anyway. Thanks to Stern for the great service! I will put them away for spares. EM spinner has been working great after reversing spinner and installing new code.

Heyyyyyy, how come I didn't get decals?

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I know I've bitched a lot but so far my spinner has been working since I bent it. Also my crossover upper flipper shot is awesome not sure if I just needed practice or what but I can hit pretty easily now.

#4783 2 years ago

Wow, three day club member with a Prem. High score of 320m. Lots of fun and loving the topper. Added a shaker and might do flipper toppers and speaker leds. Game is pretty complete.

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Wow, three day club member with a Prem. High score of 320m. Lots of fun and loving the topper. Added a shaker and might do flipper toppers and speaker leds. Game is pretty complete.

Pinwoofer needed on this pin. Amazing results

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

yep pinwoofer sounds so good on my zepp I just ordered 1 more for Metallica.

#4786 2 years ago

Boom! More combos than my super bowl party

1 EB max setting.

D03472D7-DB8E-4EFD-A2DC-A16EE79C5B2C (resized).jpegD03472D7-DB8E-4EFD-A2DC-A16EE79C5B2C (resized).jpeg

#4787 2 years ago

To all the folks new to this hobby/game, just a PSA. There are several legit players that own/play/design this game. Don’t be discouraged when a guy gets his game, sets it to tournament settings, and 48 hrs later puts up 1.3 bil ^^^ or does a tutorial and almost finishes the game (RayDay), or scores 4+ bil (wtf). There’s a lot of us flailing away and bricking that right ramp. Having great players involved in a game you own is ALWAYS a good thing. It’s one of the reasons I bought it without playing it first. Also, this might be a pep talk to myself after seeing Levi post that score haha. Play better!

#4788 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

To all the folks new to this hobby/game, just a PSA. There are several legit players that own/play/design this game. Don’t be discouraged when a guy gets his game, sets it to tournament settings, and 48 hrs later puts up 1.3 bil ^^^ or does a tutorial and almost finishes the game (RayDay), or scores 4+ bil (wtf). There’s a lot of us flailing away and bricking that right ramp. Having great players involved in a game you own is ALWAYS a good thing. It’s one of the reasons I bought it without playing it first. Also, this might be a pep talk to myself after seeing Levi post that score haha. Play better!

I don't buy any scores unless I'm there and playing head to head. Too many people have the em spinner off, easy mode etc. Not saying anyone's scores aren't legit but let's see that angle of the back legs before we get down lol

#4789 2 years ago

This is a great game that would look even better with a Pink Floyd Dark Side beside it. We can only hope.

#4790 2 years ago

I won a banner from Old town pinball and it came in today! Ties it all together nicely.

1B6DF17D-CECF-4754-AABA-9E5CE190684F (resized).jpeg1B6DF17D-CECF-4754-AABA-9E5CE190684F (resized).jpeg
#4791 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I won a banner from Old town pinball and it came in today! Ties it all together nicely.
[quoted image]

nice

#4792 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Heyyyyyy, how come I didn't get decals?

They may have been sent in error.

#4793 2 years ago

Pretty sure all the scores we're seeing are legit. IFPA has been out of action for 1 yr. 3 mo. but lets see who we've got here:
IFPA ranking:
Rayday 1st
Colin M 14th
Levi 122nd
Carlos 137th
Me(Chris W) 200th
Matt R 253rd

All huge fans of the game. Seems many really good players really like this game!

#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Pretty sure all the scores we're seeing are legit. IFPA has been out of action for 1 yr. 3 mo. but lets see who we've got here:
IFPA ranking:
Rayday 1st
Colin M 14th
Levi 122nd
Carlos 137th
Me(Chris W) 200th
Matt R 253rd
All huge fans of the game. Seems many really good players really like this game!

Hey hey hey now my scores are totally legit!!

There’s a rule over at my place - the more expensive the game the tighter the tilt and zep LE is by far the most I’ve ever spent on a game!

Factory setting except max 1 EB, and I sniped the ball save to 2 seconds. Also cranked up the left eject power didn’t like how it just dribbled out.

Killer fuckin game. I love it!! We players know a good game when we play one right Chris?

#4795 2 years ago

Seems like adj EB at 1 good way to go on this one. Friends Prem was handing them out a bit like candy but forgot to confirm his settings.

#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

IFPA ranking:
Rayday 1st
Colin M 14th
Levi 122nd
Carlos 137th
Me(Chris W) 200th
Matt R 253rd

Hey you forgot about me! Ranked 3531 - and proud of it

#4797 2 years ago

Can we see the mods?

Quoted from BrianJ1337:

[quoted image]

#4799 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Hey you forgot about me! Ranked 3531 - and proud of it

Damn right, Paul. Sorry I missed you!

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I hooked up a sub woofer and loving it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Dyer, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/96?hl=jd4444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.