20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 194.
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

My build is April and the spinner is the "new one" and has been fucked up since day one. I really hope they have something better in place than what they put in the April builds because it's not good.

What’s wrong with yours? Haven’t had any issues with mine.

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What’s wrong with yours? Haven’t had any issues with mine.

I posted a pic a few posts up. Got bent day one on a multiball.. Tried bending back but so far it usually fails to register when capturing and lowering. Seen it bug out a few times.. Then last night another 4 ball EM multiball got banged and bent it fell off entirely.. NOT GOOD.

I've bent it back once again and worked the rest of the night but this is going to be a long term problem and the arms are not going to take being bent over and over like this before snapping off entirely at some point I imagine.

EM multiball is so much fun when it's working but a 4 ball it's going to eventually get wrecked. No way around it with the current setup.

Still working from my most recent adjustment last night though (20 games?). Also put the spinner back the original way.. EM multi is so much damn fun!

#4703 2 years ago

Just a heads up ... check your rubber by the upper right flipper cross over ramp. Where the ball tries to enter the ramp at the top of the entrance to the ramp. My game is less than a month old and it was almost split in 2. I guess i miss that shot a lot. I rotated it a little bit so the split part is at the back. Hopefully it lasts long enough untill i can get some replacement rubber.

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I posted a pic a few posts up. Got bent day one on a multiball.. Tried bending back but so far it usually fails to register when capturing and lowering. Seen it bug out a few times.. Then last night another 4 ball EM multiball got banged and bent it fell off entirely.. NOT GOOD.
I've bent it back once again and worked the rest of the night but this is going to be a long term problem and the arms are not going to take being bent over and over like this before snapping off entirely at some point I imagine.
EM multiball is so much fun when it's working but a 4 ball it's going to eventually get wrecked. No way around it with the current setup.
Still working from my most recent adjustment last night though (20 games?). Also put the spinner back the original way.. EM multi is so much damn fun!

I wonder what this new kit from stern looks like? If yours is having issues, hope they aren’t just sending out the new production version.

#4705 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hard to tell in your pic, but looks like you may have the newer version of the spinner mount with the ears. Stern switched to that from the flat version. You shouldn’t have had to make any adjustments to it.

Well whichever version it is within 3 games the spinner was totally stuck. Flipping it fixed the issue completely with no side effects.

My game is an early build I believe, January 22.

#4706 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well whichever version it is within 3 games the spinner was totally stuck. Flipping it fixed the issue completely with no side effects.
My game is an early build I believe, January 22.

Since I tweaked mine last night it's working better than it has since I got it. I'm sure it will get bent again at some point but I'm enjoying the heck out of it regardless

#4707 2 years ago

Could someone send me a photo of the gate at the top of the shooter lane?
Gate came off, need to put it back but don’t want to put it backwards

#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

The strait end goes towards backboard.
Bent end towards shooter rod.

#4709 2 years ago

Thank you

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The strait end goes towards backboard.
Bent end towards shooter rod.

#4710 2 years ago

I am a new pro owner and loving the game. Installed expression lights and it really pops.

Quick question. I wanted to see if anyone has had an issue with the left scoop? When it ejects the ball it makes a loud knocking noise. Almost like a thud. It didn’t do it when I first got the game. I messed with the eject power and that was not the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dana

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I bent the straight end slightly to stop the gate from falling out.

IMG_1363 (resized).jpgIMG_1363 (resized).jpg
#4712 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Just a heads up ... check your rubber by the upper right flipper cross over ramp. Where the ball tries to enter the ramp at the top of the entrance to the ramp. My game is less than a month old and it was almost split in 2. I guess i miss that shot a lot. I rotated it a little bit so the split part is at the back. Hopefully it lasts long enough untill i can get some replacement rubber.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and it was 1/2 way gone. So much that when I tried to rotate it, it just broke in half. Easy fix. The ring is a 3/4 inch. One screw and one lock nut and the plastic can be removed and ring replaced. Back in action!

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

I am a new pro owner and loving the game. Installed expression lights and it really pops.
Quick question. I wanted to see if anyone has had an issue with the left scoop? When it ejects the ball it makes a loud knocking noise. Almost like a thud. It didn’t do it when I first got the game. I messed with the eject power and that was not the issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
Dana

See my post #3012

#4714 2 years ago

My Electro Magic is not rising fully during game play. It can cycle fully just doesn't go past the midway point most of the time.

16224753100475348761664334181359 (resized).jpg16224753100475348761664334181359 (resized).jpg
#4715 2 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

My Electro Magic is not rising fully during game play. It can cycle fully just doesn't go past the midway point most of the time.
[quoted image]

Sounds like something loose with the lift motor arm. The mech works very similar to the 3-bank on AFM. Raise the playfield and see what's going on.

#4716 2 years ago

Is it just me or are any of you experiencing the same thing. I find on this game the 1st ball usually drains quick before 5 million in most cases ... and a lot below 3 million. Then it becomes a 2 ball game. By the 3rd ball things start going well but it seems too little too late most times. It has gotten the point where it is almost comical how fast the 1st ball drains. The game seems to find new angles and ways to drain constantly. Doesn't seem to matter where it goes it will find a trajectory to drain. I have had 651 million and 1 over 500 million. 90 %of the rest are under 200 million.

It is getting frustrating to start so poorly almost every single game.

#4717 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Is it just me or are any of you experiencing the same thing. I find on this game the 1st ball usually drains quick before 5 million on most cases ... and a lot below 3 million. Then it becomes a 2 ball game. By the 3rd ball things start going well but it seems too little too late most times. It has gotten the point where it is almost comical how fast the 1st ball drains. The game seems to find new angles and ways to drain constantly. Doesn't seem to matter where it goes it will find a trajectory to drain. I have had 651 million and 1 over 500 million. 90 %of the rest are under 200 million.
It is getting frustrating to start so poorly almost every single game.

You are describing my experience on my Pro pretty much right on. I have broken 1 bil once, and have top scores in 600 to 500 range but majority of games in 15-80 mil range with first ball almost always not good. Not complaining (LOVE the game) but it's eerie that we are having the same issue with 1st balls.

#4718 2 years ago

One advantage that I think I am unfairly giving myself is awarding extra ball at 150 mil instead of free game. The free game seems senseless on a free play machine. Everything else is factory default except I brought the flipper power down. Am I cheating? What are you all doing? I would really be interested to hear how everyone has theirs set up.

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

One advantage that I think I am unfairly giving myself is awarding extra ball at 150 mil instead of free game. The free game seems senseless on a free play machine. Everything else is factory default except I brought the flipper power down. Am I cheating? What are you all doing? I would really be interested to hear how everyone has theirs set up.

Mine is factory except outlanes are easy.

I just find it uncanny how it drains so fast on 1st ball so consistently.

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

The game gives out EBs like candy so I'm likely going to just turn them off.

A friend almost got a billion last night but that was a 6 ball game. Two games!!

It's just too much and takes away the challenge since the game artificially extends itself. But the joy of owning a game is do what you want - put it on 5 ball, with as many freebie EBs as you want.

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A friend almost got a billion last night but that was a 6 ball game. Two games!!
It's just too much and takes away the challenge since the game artificially extends itself. But the joy of owning a game is do what you want - put it on 5 ball, with as many freebie EBs as you want.

What was your score on this game? If the friend earned them and had a good game, he just happened to kick your ass.

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I need to improve my shooting because I have only gotten through 5 songs twice and 3 tours once so I am playing EB to EB just to extend my game. A good game for me is when I get to second Tour Multiball and light the associated EB. That can give me the possibility of nailing 4 songs and associated EB plus the EB I give myself for 150 million points usually around the same time. At that point I can hopefully get Mothership Multiball. That is as far as I have gotten so far.

#4723 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What was your score on this game? If the friend earned them and had a good game, he just happened to kick your ass.

Lol

He was just playing it on his own, it’s not like that. Even he was saying “another extra ball?”

A billion really ain’t that much on this game anyway. Should be able to do it without 6 balls, we have very good players here.

Pretty standard issue at my place I don’t really see the point of extra balls or long ball saves, they just artificially extend games. Games that - so far- I can’t get to a wizard mode without EBs (like Afm or Metallica) I’ll leave as factory.

#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol
He was just playing it on his own, it’s not like that. Even he was saying “another extra ball?”
A billion really ain’t that much on this game anyway. Should be able to do it without 6 balls, we have very good players here.
Pretty standard issue at my place I don’t really see the point of extra balls or long ball saves, they just artificially extend games. Games that - so far- I can’t get to a wizard mode without EBs (like Afm or Metallica) I’ll leave as factory.

LOL I just realized that I am only good in my own basement. I think I got 600000 on the LZ. One Billon feels like Dr Evil or something to me. Led Zeppelin rocks!!!

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True dat. On LZ, you really need those EB's to get to the mini wizards, certainly the wizard mode. After 1,100 games on my premium I needed to switch it up. So now it is on factory but no EB's. I'm fascinated by the fact that the EB is 10M, but is multiplied by the Icarus X. My best game so far on 3 ball is 1.6 Bil and best EB collect is 161M. That particular game has been the only one so far to reach Mothership on 3 ball.

My best on Full factory with EB's turned on is 4.4 Bil. That is of course getting to all the mini wizards and Celebration Day.

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

True dat. On LZ, you really need those EB's to get to the mini wizards, certainly the wizard mode. After 1,100 games on my premium I needed to switch it up. So now it is on factory but no EB's. I'm fascinated by the fact that the EB is 10M, but is multiplied by the Icarus X. My best game so far on 3 ball is 1.6 Bil and best EB collect is 161M. That particular game has been the only one so far to reach Mothership on 3 ball.
My best on Full factory with EB's turned on is 4.4 Bil. That is of course getting to all the mini wizards and Celebration Day.

Jesus 4.4 billion !! I suck.

#4727 2 years ago

Well, I guess I suck too. There are other players posting scores of upwards of 100 bil. But the only way to do that is grind out a ridiculous Icarus X of 700-1000X. I'm not good enough nor do I have the patience to do that.

#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Well, I guess I suck too. There are other players posting scores of upwards of 100 bil. But the only way to do that is grind out a ridiculous Icarus X of 700-1000X. I'm not good enough nor do I have the patience to do that.

4.4 billion I can get that no problem with the glass off and set to 10 balls.

#4729 2 years ago

I'm over here trying to break 200 mil

Loving it though, it's brutal.

#4730 2 years ago

I’m working on my shots and combos. Gotta find the sweet spot. So far I think it is around 2 scotches or 3 beers.

#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm over here trying to break 200 mil
Loving it though, it's brutal.

I may change my name to 5 ball James,eb yes please.

#4732 2 years ago

Just found out I won a Led Zep banner from my distro FB giveaway! Going right next to it.

DBDE0A3E-2777-4B7B-9C6F-31D956BA3304 (resized).jpegDBDE0A3E-2777-4B7B-9C6F-31D956BA3304 (resized).jpeg
#4733 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Just found out I won a Led Zep banner from my distro FB giveaway! Going right next to it.
[quoted image]

I'm very happy for you! I'm a loser so I'd have to pay some scam artist $225 if I wanted to get one.

In related news: Can somebody tell me why everybody seems to have their toppers and I'm still waiting??? WTF??? I swear to God I ordered the thing as soon as it was announced.

#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm very happy for you! I'm a loser so I'd have to pay some scam artist $225 if I wanted to get one.
In related news: Can somebody tell me why everybody seems to have their toppers and I'm still waiting??? WTF??? I swear to God I ordered the thing as soon as it was announced.

That sucks. I ordered 2 weeks back from pinballpro but I think I got the last one they had as it went "out of stock" a day later. Hopefully yours comes in shortly!

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not just you. My order was in February. The company keeps touching base but still hasn't arrived or shipped

#4736 2 years ago

I have a pro, which I am loving. It has been running perfectly until recently when I have been experiencing issues with
the left eject. Over the last day or so it would fire upon startup of the game and sporadically during games (without interaction with the ball). The left eject switch is sometimes registering and sometimes not. The issue has been intermittent as sometimes the left eject works perfectly. Wondering if anyone has similar experiences and a fix/where to start.

Thanks in advance

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

I have a pro, which I am loving. It has been running perfectly until recently when I have been experiencing issues with
the left eject. Over the last day or so it would fire upon startup of the game and sporadically during games (without interaction with the ball). The left eject switch is sometimes registering and sometimes not. The issue has been intermittent as sometimes the left eject works perfectly. Wondering if anyone has similar experiences and a fix/where to start.
Thanks in advance

Have you inspected the switch? Sounds like a standard issue switch problem - if it's too close it's firing on it's own because it's too tight, or it's stuck closed which would make the switch never work.

#4738 2 years ago

Got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. Stern sent the new spinner assembly. Unasked for. Not sure if I'll install yet as original is working like a champ, but great customer service in my opinion. Much better service than that other company.

#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. Stern sent the new spinner assembly. Unasked for. Not sure if I'll install yet as original is working like a champ, but great customer service in my opinion. Much better service than that other company.

I wish they treated their Canadian customers the same . I have been waiting for a new playfield for stranger things under warranty for weeks and still haven't gotten any answers regarding the spinner for led zeppelin

#4740 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. Stern sent the new spinner assembly. Unasked for. Not sure if I'll install yet as original is working like a champ, but great customer service in my opinion. Much better service than that other company.</blockquote

I wish they treated their Canadian customers the same . I have been waiting for a new playfield for stranger things under warranty for weeks and still haven't gotten any answers regarding the spinner for led zeppelin

Not to mention my stranger things playfield was bubbling and cracking off the clear coat after only 6 weeks so I asked for a populated playfield and they said no.. so a brand new machine and they expect me to do all that work ... it was their faulty workmanship they should pay for the work.

#4741 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I have no idea why it was sent. Didn't request one, but happy to have on hand. I've always had good luck with stern, but nothing major like a field issue.

#4742 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have no idea why it was sent. Didn't request one, but happy to have on hand. I've always had good luck with stern, but nothing major like a field issue.

I’d love to see some pictures of this kit.

#4743 2 years ago

No decals. I think the arms are too long, too much of an angle. This is what came on later release premiums, seen some pretty mangled pics here

20210602_160033 (resized).jpg20210602_160033 (resized).jpg20210602_160051 (resized).jpg20210602_160051 (resized).jpg20210602_160055 (resized).jpg20210602_160055 (resized).jpg20210602_160125 (resized).jpg20210602_160125 (resized).jpg
#4744 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hmmm looks the same as my April build spinner which has been bashed up pretty good unless they changed the strength of it (doubtful). Mine has been running decent since I last bent it but good to know I'll have a spare to have on hand if it ever gets too jacked up.

Got some new LZ artwork up today too! My banner should be here by the weekend.

D7158DF3-860C-41AC-84DE-0B57EF214F1A (resized).jpegD7158DF3-860C-41AC-84DE-0B57EF214F1A (resized).jpeg
#4745 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No decals. I think the arms are too long, too much of an angle. This is what came on later release premiums, seen some pretty mangled pics here
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is stern assuming we got spinner decals in our goodie bags, cause i sure didn't?

#4746 2 years ago

Is stern assuming we got spinner decals in our goodie bags, cause i sure didn't?

Yea that's kinda lame... I'll take what I can though lol

#4747 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Have you inspected the switch? Sounds like a standard issue switch problem - if it's too close it's firing on it's own because it's too tight, or it's stuck closed which would make the switch never work.

Still having no luck with my left eject. When I start the game the left eject solenoid fires repeatedly for a short time then stops. The left eject switch is not registering in switch test. When I shoot the left eject the ball stays until a ball search shoots it out. I am getting an Operator alert saying Left Eject Device Malfunction.

I checked the microswitch and it physically looks ok and I can hear the click when pressing the actuator arm down. Not sure if the switch just needs to be replaced or if there might be a simpler fix.

I have included a couple pics of the microswitch. I haven’t replaced one of these before. If I need to, is it an easy job? I don’t see a diode on the miniswitch but rather two metal posts where it connects to two wires. I’m not sure if soldering is needed to connect a new one to the two wires or if the connect differently.

Thanks in Advance

14A5CB38-E15C-4321-AF1D-65C5141D0B26 (resized).jpeg14A5CB38-E15C-4321-AF1D-65C5141D0B26 (resized).jpeg75D171A9-EDE3-406A-85E4-EC10754FB83A (resized).jpeg75D171A9-EDE3-406A-85E4-EC10754FB83A (resized).jpeg
#4749 2 years ago

None with mine either. But I'm sure I can find something on line cheap. Maybe just a L and Z. Or band symbols. Not too worried

#4750 2 years ago

Wondering if I don't put a small piece of rubber on the top and bottom of the spinner to help give some bounce back? Thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/95?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.