20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 193.
#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess what fuckers!!
I am one of you
[quoted image]

Get the Led out!!

#4652 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Hang in there folks, here comes the cavalry!
[quoted image]

I wonder if it’s the same one they are putting in newer builds.

#4653 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess what fuckers!!
I am one of you
[quoted image]

Shit! There goes the neighborhood!

#4654 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess what fuckers!!
I am one of you
[quoted image]

Bout damn time you joined!!!

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess what fuckers!!
I am one of you
[quoted image]

You must not have gotten the Pinside memo: It's a horrible game.

#4656 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must not have gotten the Pinside memo: It's a horrible game.

THat's precisely what piqued my interest.

#4657 2 years ago

Congrats as I’m looking for one as well.
Pinside is always right so it’ll go next to Beatles.

#4658 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awesome good luck with it.

#4659 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess what fuckers!!
I am one of you
[quoted image]

Awww shit. Hide the women and children.

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Me too! When people laughed when I mentioned how great the spinner shots looked I knew i was on the right path.
Same thing with Beatles and Stranger Things.

#4661 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you trade your metallica into it ?

#4662 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Me too! When people laughed when I mentioned how great the spinner shots looked I knew i was on the right path.
Same thing with Beatles and Stranger Things.

Stranger things rules.

#4663 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I copied you on the spinner fix and my game has played great no other issue but the shooter ramp wire so not a big deal. cant wait for more code .

I also did this tonight...after my first 3-4 games the spinner started acting up as the seer prophesized. Bending etc. would fix it for half a game but it would act up again. FLipped it over and problem instantly fixed and spinner working better than it did on my first ball, an hour straight working fine magic multiball working great. It's working so well one decent rip usually lights the multiball. Thanks to whomever came up with this fix!

#4664 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Did you trade your metallica into it ?

No bought from a fellow pinsider who had an extra for sale. I've decided to keep Metallica for now as it's awesome.

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also did this tonight...after my first 3-4 games the spinner started acting up as the seer prophesized. Bending etc. would fix it for half a game but it would act up again. FLipped it over and problem instantly fixed and spinner working better than it did on my first ball, an hour straight working fine magic multiball working great. It's working so well one decent rip usually lights the multiball. Thanks to whomever came up with this fix!

Same experience here, Levi. Pleased to join in welcoming you!

Sooo.... after a long period of frustration and finally having a game that works as designed, do I undertake the non-trivial task of installing the spinner kit and risking a return to the start of Levi's night last night?

For whatever reason, flipping the spinner working so well to fix such a vexing issue is one of the most "magical" things about the mech. Annoys me that the front decal is upside down, but hey, I can vent that aggro by taking a quick trip to RIP CITY!

Now put a big sub under it and go to Frenzytown, Levi. Congrats and enjoy!

#4666 2 years ago

Sooo.... after a long period of frustration and finally having a game that works as designed, do I undertake the non-trivial task of installing the spinner kit and risking a return to the start of Levi's night last night?
For whatever reason, flipping the spinner working so well to fix such a vexing issue is one of the most "magical" things about the mech. Annoys me that the front decal is upside down, but hey, I can vent that aggro by taking a quick trip to RIP CITY!

Whoa whoa whoa. Is it flip it around or upside down? I flipped mine around and it helped but one good bash messed it up again. What came in the replacement kit?

#4667 2 years ago

I've found the EM opto seems to read from the top of the spinner. It will work better if you bend the arms so at rest it is perpendicular to the playfield, not hanging like a pendulum. The more the top of the spinner leans into the EM the touchier it will be and you'll notice the EM seem to raise and lower at random.

#4668 2 years ago

I still have not had any issues with my spinner but thinking I want to get a back up just in case? Please post pics of the kit parts Stern sent for a fix and any feedback after install-Watching

Congrats Levi on the epic pickup-you crazy bastard!

#4669 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I still have not had any issues with my spinner but thinking I want to get a back up just in case? Please post pics of the kit parts Stern sent for a fix and any feedback after install. Watching
Congrats Levi-you crazy bastard!

I'm still thinkin the original design is the best. If you look at the length of the new spinners arms, I see trouble with it fatiguing. I did get a new spinner and plastic, but have yet to install either. I cleaned up front edge of plastic and with new code, no more dents. And after turning spinner 180°, it has not been out of game since.

#4670 2 years ago

Yea mine plays perfect and I have had zero issues. If it aint broke-don't fix it. Still just want a back-up just in case, it is a 'spinner bash toy' and feel like I have been lucky so far.

#4671 2 years ago

Was thinking-what is a more difficult shot-the upper flipper to ramp shot on Led Zeppelin or the upper flipper Gem shot on Tron? Tough call-I feel like both shots require perfect timing and a forceful shot to complete(mainly luck).

#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Was thinking-what is a more difficult shot-the upper flipper to ramp shot on Led Zeppelin or the upper flipper Gem shot on Tron? Tough call-I feel like both shots require perfect timing and a forceful shot to complete(mainly luck).

Zep shot is more difficult to me than gem, plus you can get gem shot to register on Tron with the right plunge.

#4673 2 years ago

Had a thought to try and find the exact sweet spot on upper flipper and mark it with a subtle line? Might help with timing? May not work because of varying speeds but just a thought. Feel like I am flaying the shot and hoping it sticks.

#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Had a thought to try and find the exact sweet spot on upper flipper and mark it with a subtle line? Might help with timing? May not work because of varying speeds but just a thought. Feel like I am flaying the shot and hoping it sticks.

That's really all anyone can do. I just try to hit it as early as possible. Reason being, if I'm too early usually good things happen. If I'm too late, and that is the tendency, the ball flies side to side and might drain.

If anyone is not aware, Rayday has a discord channel with a section devoted to just Led Zep discussion. Not as much activity as here, but some really good discussion on there.

https://discord.com/channels/767520137979887627/841777403517075467

#4675 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No bought from a fellow pinsider who had an extra for sale. I've decided to keep Metallica for now as it's awesome.

I am picking up Metallica sunday cant wait,Have heard its great.

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I am picking up Metallica sunday cant wait,Have heard its great.

"James Hetfield Says" wise choice!

#4677 2 years ago

I’m an ain’t broke don’t fix it guy when it comes to pinball. I would like to have the “fix kit” on hand in case of future trouble but as long as the spinner is rocking and rolling I think it would be wise to let it be.

#4678 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That's really all anyone can do. I just try to hit it as early as possible. Reason being, if I'm too early usually good things happen. If I'm too late, and that is the tendency, the ball flies side to side and might drain.
If anyone is not aware, Rayday has a discord channel with a section devoted to just Led Zep discussion. Not as much activity as here, but some really good discussion on there.
https://discord.com/channels/767520137979887627/841777403517075467

It’s a tough shot but not impossible from a direct feed, which isn’t the case with Tron if the alignment is correct. Doesn’t bug me take a whack and if you miss you are liable
To hit some ZEP letters which is good for spinner progress.

Part of the difficultly is the design and I could see that coming! Pretty common on “premium upgrades” as it wasn’t really designed for it. The premium is an add on with a really tight flip up design so not surprise it can reject. If that shot/ramp were designed into the game as a pro I’m sure it would be easier.

#4679 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Whoa whoa whoa. Is it flip it around or upside down? I flipped mine around and it helped but one good bash messed it up again. What came in the replacement kit?

Flip it upside down dude. Here’s a pic of mine.

Not sure why it works but I guess it changes the center of gravity and also raises the spinner so it doesn’t take a full whack from the ball, but still gets hit enough to make it fly.

The image itself could be “fixed” with a new set of spinner stickers but who cares really. Still basically looks the same and since it’s smaller than a postage stamp hard to tell it’s even upside down.
68D88290-9929-4E5D-9CB9-1BD3FC483AE7 (resized).jpeg68D88290-9929-4E5D-9CB9-1BD3FC483AE7 (resized).jpeg

#4680 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why it works but I guess it changes the center of gravity and also raises the spinner so it doesn’t take a full whack from the ball, but still gets hit enough to make it fly.
The image itself could be “fixed” with a new set of spinner stickers but who cares really. Still basically looks the same and since it’s smaller than a postage stamp hard to tell it’s even upside down.
[quoted image]

I was drunk when I wrote that lol.

Spin it/flip same thing. I've done that still giving issues. I'll definitely be trying the repair kit they're sending me and report back! For now if I nudge it good enough when it goes under the table it will usually read it but not always. Just weird it captures the ball fine but "doesn't recognize it"?

#4681 2 years ago

It was flipping the spinner that caused the problems I had with starting EM multiball. The spinner was blocking the opto when the ball was captured (I'm guessing) and it caused the second ball to not be ejected into the shooter lane. When the bottom of the spinner gets magnetized toward the ball (in factory position), this doesn't happen.

#4682 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It was flipping the spinner that caused the problems I had with starting EM multiball. The spinner was blocking the opto when the ball was captured (I'm guessing) and it caused the second ball to not be ejected into the shooter lane. When the bottom of the spinner gets magnetized toward the ball (in factory position), this doesn't happen.

Glass is coming off tomorrow and I'll put it back the other way then as I was getting some better results.. we'll see

May just wait til my new spinner comes in. Nudging it isn't the end of the world for now. Just had a decent 100mil game and 30 mil on trampled

#4683 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for heads up I didn’t experience that problem but even if I do it’s better than the spinner mech being worthless. I’ll keep it this way until I can get a fix kit.

#4684 2 years ago

I did find the perfect keytag for it

93D248B0-0916-4CD3-B9F8-C00CAB9F4BA9 (resized).jpeg93D248B0-0916-4CD3-B9F8-C00CAB9F4BA9 (resized).jpegCF242414-A630-4D29-BC2F-401BA04BB494 (resized).jpegCF242414-A630-4D29-BC2F-401BA04BB494 (resized).jpeg
#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

Hard to tell in your pic, but looks like you may have the newer version of the spinner mount with the ears. Stern switched to that from the flat version. You shouldn’t have had to make any adjustments to it.

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I did find the perfect keytag for it
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find that key tag?

#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Where did you find that key tag?

Amazon.
Didn't realize it was licensed!

#4688 2 years ago

Tried to have a game night tonight with some friends and first game in got a 4 ball EM multiball. Womp womp.

Really hope the kit Stern is sending out fixes this shit.

6B00877D-9D9A-49C1-8206-FDFBF4E841F6 (resized).jpeg6B00877D-9D9A-49C1-8206-FDFBF4E841F6 (resized).jpeg
#4689 2 years ago

Topper installed. Everything’s moving well. No lights in the spotlights. ???

#4690 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Topper installed. Everything’s moving well. No lights in the spotlights. ???

Mine worked out of the box but check option #60 or 50 around there to see they aren't deactivated?

#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Tried to have a game night tonight with some friends and first game in got a 4 ball EM multiball. Womp womp.
Really hope the kit Stern is sending out fixes this shit.
[quoted image]

did you flip that thing around short side of the rectangle down,backwards ?

#4692 2 years ago

Not sure what option 60 or 50 is. I plug extra wire into CN6 and spotlights are now on. (All the time??). But nowhere to plug in Hermit now

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Not sure what option 60 or 50 is. I plug extra wire into CN6 and spotlights are now on. (All the time??). But nowhere to plug in Hermit now

get a 4 way splitter or any splitter

#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

get a 4 way splitter or any splitter

see post 3992 for a photo

#4695 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Screenshot_20210529-202028_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210529-202028_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210529-202034_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210529-202034_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4697 2 years ago

#4698 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hard to tell in your pic, but looks like you may have the newer version of the spinner mount with the ears. Stern switched to that from the flat version. You shouldn’t have had to make any adjustments to it.

Pretty sure you got that backwards. My premium is from the very first run back in February and it has the "ears".

#4699 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Pretty sure you got that backwards. My premium is from the very first run back in February and it has the "ears".

Yes, you are right, my bad. My premium is flat and is from april 10.

26071EEF-9170-45C7-85A3-A03F19025AAA (resized).jpeg26071EEF-9170-45C7-85A3-A03F19025AAA (resized).jpeg
#4700 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, you are right, my bad. My premium is flat and is from april 10.
[quoted image]

My build is April and the spinner is the "new one" and has been fucked up since day one. I really hope they have something better in place than what they put in the April builds because it's not good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/94?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.