20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 194.
#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Odd that some of us have had no issues, i turned my spinner around at maybe 100 games in and have not had it off once since. Shooter lane return wire has not been a problem either. Just got lucky I guess,,,,,finally.

You know that EM ball capture problem I and others were having? It was because I flipped my spinner, so when the magnet grabbed the ball and spinner, it grabbed the bottom of the spinner, which blocked the opto and caused the machine to never eject the ball for multiball. The problem is when you flip the spinner back the way it was, you get the same problem of the ball hitting the bottom and bending the arms eventually.

Stern has a HUGE spinner upgrade that they'll eventually send me, but for this one, you have to completely remove the carriage and rebuild all the innards: spinner, bracket, etc. I'm guessing they finally figured it out.

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wrong lol. Pinwoofer transformed the sound on my game...and then I added the Klipsch subwoofer. Night and day. Next time you're in Jersey you'll have to stop by and hear how wrong you are. But then you'll have to leave.

I just installed the Pinwoofer kit yesterday. The latest version is downright awesome. The installation is so simple and straightforward. It took less than 20 minutes.

The sound has to be experienced to be believed.

My favorite so far is Electric Magic Frenzy. The sound effects come alive.

Hit up PinWoofer or check out pinwoofer.com.

#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I respectfully disagree. A spinner is not a bash toy. On ANY pinball machine, hitting the spinner while it is still spinning is not a good idea. Yeah, if you get lucky the ball goes through the spinner at precisely the correct timing to continue the spin. More likely is the ball slows down the spinner or stops it completely. Then worst case is the ball strikes directly on the end of the spinner and boinks. This can happen on ANY spinner.
The reason this is more of a problem on LZ is two fold.
1. It is an optical spinner and spins like a mofo. I would guess mine will spin 8-12 seconds on a good rip.
2. The location of the spinner is in the center, not an orbit. This means the ball comes at it with maximum velocity.
So to me, and your mileage may vary, shooting the spinner in a certain way is not babying the spinner. It is shooting it properly to maximize score and minimize damage.
This is all I have done to my spinner and it works perfectly. I slightly bent out both sides where the spinner arms go through the holes. I have oiled the arms lightly. After boinking the spinner a couple of times and having to straighten out the arms with needle nose pliers, I then flipped it around so the black side faces the player. I think I may have had to straighten the arms one more time in over 1000 plays.

Weird the developer called it a “bash toy” guess he’s wrong.

Sorry just don’t enjoy having to tell people over to play “please don’t hit the spinner when it’s spinning, I know it’s hard to keep track during multi ball madness but don’t do it!”

I’ve tried to fix it, hangs straight. Only way it works properly is to hard nudge when the em spinner takes it under the table. A hard nudge it works. Still stupid to even have to work that way and I’m not close to the only one having issues as the last 80 pages will show you.

#4554 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Weird the developer called it a “bash toy” guess he’s wrong.
Sorry just don’t enjoy having to tell people over to play “please don’t hit the spinner when it’s spinning, I know it’s hard to keep track during multi ball madness but don’t do it!”
I’ve tried to fix it, hangs straight. Only way it works properly is to hard nudge when the em spinner takes it under the table. A hard nudge it works. Still stupid to even have to work that way and I’m not close to the only one having issues as the last 80 pages will show you.

I have also experienced the "forward nudge to get EM MB started" thing. The few times I've encountered that, straightening out the spinner arms has corrected it. Honestly, I'm more disappointed in the Side Ramp shot than the spinner. That shot is just flawed. One game I somehow managed 12. Next best is 8. I actually lowered the EB for Zep shots to 5 to make it a more realistic goal.

#4555 2 years ago

Added a guitar. This seemed to be the only spot that wasn't blocking anything important... not sure I am going to keep it there.

20210522_161720 (resized).jpg20210522_161720 (resized).jpg20210522_161754 (resized).jpg20210522_161754 (resized).jpg20210522_161835 (resized).jpg20210522_161835 (resized).jpg
#4556 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Being an old car guy I love the RatFink avatar

Big daddy rules!!

#4557 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Thanks I was going to do the math but you answered your own question!

As for the spinner someone is right, if I nudge it when it goes under the table it will shoot out my shooter lane ball out.
Something is wonky and definitely an oversight on the design though as people are having to “baby” it or avoid shooting it when it’s spinning are you? (May be why you don’t have issues).. if you’re not having issues you’re probably also babying the spinner like many others have said they’re doing as well. I will not baby it. Wtf?..
It’s a bash toy and meant to have it shot at in multi ball over and over and unless you baby it as many have recommended, it will not hold up to normal play unless you choose to play the game entirely differently.
For now I’m ok having to nudge when it goes under as a temporary fix for now but it’s a major oversight on the design teams end.

No I beat the hell out of the spinner. Had to get replacement spinner and plastic right at the start. I cleaned up originals and still using them. 750 plus plays now

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No I beat the hell out of the spinner. Had to get replacement spinner and plastic right at the start. I cleaned up originals and still using them. 750 plus plays now

They sent you one?

I've asked and the response was "we're working on a fix with our engineers"

Whatever that may mean

#4559 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

They sent you one?
I've asked and the response was "we're working on a fix with our engineers"
Whatever that may mean

Yup. 1 month after I picked it up. Its still original design, which is fine with me. Game gets a ton of play, no babying at all

#4560 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wrong lol. Pinwoofer transformed the sound on my game...and then I added the Klipsch subwoofer. Night and day. Next time you're in Jersey you'll have to stop by and hear how wrong you are. But then you'll have to leave.

Ok that looks legit since it has an amplifier. I hadn't heard of this before now. They do address every complaint I had about that garbage that was being sold whenI first got into this hobby 7 years ago. "Yeah let's put huge inefficient woofer in place of the full range cabinet speaker and drive it with the 3 watt stock amplifier...awesome!" I still have a box full of "pinball" speakers I extracted from games because they sounded like mud. They are still useful for magnetizing my screw drivers. 400 bucks though? I'd have to hear it. Don't worry though. Being seen entering your house simply isn't worth the risk.

#4561 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Ok that looks legit since it has an amplifier. I hadn't heard of this before now. They do address every complaint I had about that garbage that was being sold whenI first got into this hobby 7 years ago. "Yeah let's put huge inefficient woofer in place of the full range cabinet speaker and drive it with the 3 watt stock amplifier...awesome!" I still have a box full of "pinball" speakers I extracted from games because they sounded like mud. They are still useful for magnetizing my screw drivers. 400 bucks though? I'd have to hear it. Don't worry though. Being seen entering your house simply isn't worth the risk.

Pinwoofers are great! I've put on 4 pins now, unreal upgrade, worth every penny! Great service too if any questions

#4562 2 years ago

A little help please. The round rubber behind the ZEP drop targets broke on my premium. I believe I have read that it is an odd ring - maybe 1 3/4". Where can I order this ring? Thanks.

#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

A little help please. The round rubber behind the ZEP drop targets broke on my premium. I believe I have read that it is an odd ring - maybe 1 3/4". Where can I order this ring? Thanks.

Titan, pinball life, marcos

#4564 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Titan, pinball life, marcos

I like the pinball life perfect play the best so far. Super bands too bouncy for this fast of a pin, for me anyways.

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

It is 1 and 3/4, you can order most places, I’ve ordered from both from Titan and Marco super bands.

#4566 2 years ago

And I just ordered three of each of the rubbers from Titan: The one behind the drops, and the one to the left of the ramp. Both break pretty frequently.

Just had an epic game and I'm still shaking my head because I have no idea what the naysayers are talking about with this game...

#4567 2 years ago

I thought I read on here that Stern re-designed the EM spinner brackets and were putting them on newer premium games. Is this true?

#4568 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I thought I read on here that Stern re-designed the EM spinner brackets and were putting them on newer premium games. Is this true?

I have an April build date and I believe I have the original EM spinner. I'll take a picture when I get back home

#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I have an April build date and I believe I have the original EM spinner. I'll take a picture when I get back home

I found the post that talked about it, the person got sent a populated playfield because theirs was warped and the EM had different brackets. Post #4313.

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I just ordered three of each of the rubbers from Titan: The one behind the drops, and the one to the left of the ramp. Both break pretty frequently.
Just had an epic game and I'm still shaking my head because I have no idea what the naysayers are talking about with this game...

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like the pinball life perfect play the best so far. Super bands too bouncy for this fast of a pin, for me anyways.

are these both 1 3/4 rings that come in black or white ?

#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

are these both 1 3/4 rings that come in black or white ?

Any color, not sure if both same size. The perfect play rubbers have worked well for me in all our games. Good durability so far,,,

#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What do the original ones look like? I have a recent build premium and don’t have any spinner issues.

#4573 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do the original ones look like? I have a recent build premium and don’t have any spinner issues.

The one with the ears that bend into the spinner is the one I have and what most others do to. The other one is just a straight piece of metal.

20210524_050226 (resized).jpg20210524_050226 (resized).jpg20210524_050234 (resized).jpg20210524_050234 (resized).jpg
#4574 2 years ago

Mine looks more like your first pic with straight metal. My build date is April 10. Haven't had any issues with the spinner. Guessing I have the updated version.

PXL_20210524_125432801.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210524_125432801.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine looks more like your first pic with straight metal. My build date is April 10. Haven't had any issues with the spinner. Guessing I have the updated version.
[quoted image]

Mine looks the same. One good shot into it when it's spinning will bend it and render it unusable.

#4576 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

That is updated. Older spinners have arms that are more at right angles going into the single tab with holes. The new assembly has the angled spinner arms and more solid side brackets.

#4577 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Mine looks the same. One good shot into it when it's spinning will bend it and render it unusable.

Well, that's not good. i try not to bash it while it's still spinning.

#4578 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That is updated. Older spinners have arms that are more at right angles going into the single tab with holes. The new assembly has the angled spinner arms and more solid side brackets.

Dang, that sucks then because the new ones are just as prone to bending.

I've bent mine back twice now.

#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well, that's not good. i try not to bash it while it's still spinning.

I'm babying it myself but it's ridiculous to have to explain that as part of the rules to people when they come play (please don't bash the bash toy and I know you have to charge the spinner but let it charge and THEN shoot it. Also watch your multiball you don't shoot it up the middle when it's spinning or it breaks.)

#4580 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I still think the orig version is better. At the angles of the spinner wire on new its more prone to bend simply because of the length of the spinner arm. I work metal a lot , and it does not take much to fatigue. I have been purposely trying to hammer em lately, but still have not had to pull to fix since initial problem.

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I still think the orig version is better. At the angles of the spinner wire on new its more prone to bend simply because of the length of the spinner arm. I work metal a lot , and it does not take much to fatigue. I have been purposely trying to hammer em lately, but still have not had to pull to fix since initial problem.

Yea the new one doesn't seem like a good fix whatsoever. With the angle it got bent first game my buddy played as I forgot to tell him to "take it easy on the spinner (this is so dumb by the way anyone that's making this excuse is also pretty dumb)"

I'm glad some people aren't having any issues whatsoever and I wish that were my case because the main feature of my game doesn't work right whatsoever. Out of 150 games I've played maybe 20-25 where I could actually play the game as designed. Kinda shitty for my first NIB but I have faith that either one of the owners will come up with something better on a mod or the designers will fix their stupid ass engineering mistake.

#4582 2 years ago

Shame about the mech - think I will go pro as looks like a really good ruleset.

Is code finished more or less?

#4583 2 years ago

In contrast, I have had my premium for about 5 weeks now. It’s been played everyday since and I have not had one Electric Magic spinner issue. Knock on wood! I’ve been hitting the hell out of that thing for hundreds of games. Maybe mine is just built like a tank. I feel bad for the folks out there having issues, but not all machines are having issues.

#4584 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

In contrast, I have had my premium for about 5 weeks now. It’s been played everyday since and I have not had one Electric Magic spinner issue. Knock on wood! I’ve been hitting the hell out of that thing for hundreds of games. Maybe mine is just built like a tank. I feel bad for the folks out there having issues, but not all machines are having issues.

That's good to know. I thought the same but I was also babying it til my buddy came over and got a multiball and bent it vertical. Terrible design.

#4585 2 years ago

Does anybody have a video of how to fix the spinner? These photographs do not show you what he means what do you mean by 45°.

#4586 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.
1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform
2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.
3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)
4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!
RIP that spinner!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#4587 2 years ago

Did you see the key posts at the beginning of the thread,they helped me

#4588 2 years ago

If you have original spinner design, you want. 90° angles like this

20210524_125117 (resized).jpg20210524_125117 (resized).jpg

#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you have original spinner design, you wantv90° angles like this
[quoted image]

ThMy guy just came by and that’s what we did. I appreciate your input, Thanks!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you have original spinner design, you wantv90° angles like this
[quoted image]

That guy just came by and that’s what we did. Thanks I appreciate your help on this!

#4590 2 years ago
Quoted from Zozzer:

ThMy guy just came by and that’s what we did. I appreciate your input, Thanks!

My guy just came by and that’s what we did. Thanks I appreciate your help on this!

#4591 2 years ago

Hey, Ive been looking at picking up a pro. Anyone know if the lighting kits are still available? I went on the stern website and it was sold out.

#4592 2 years ago

How difficult is Top of the Charts compared to say Number of the Beast, or Encore?

#4593 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Hey, Ive been looking at picking up a pro. Anyone know if the lighting kits are still available? I went on the stern website and it was sold out.

think about getting a premium its worth the extra and already has the 500 dollar lights

#4594 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

think about getting a premium its worth the extra and already has the 500 dollar lights

I will, I haven't seen much of them popping up used. I will look at those. Do you have a premium? any problems with the spinner?

#4595 2 years ago

if the owners who rated their LZ as horrible they must be willing to sell at a greatly reduced price.If they really own the games at all.you can get a nearly new prem or LE and inspect it before purchase.or they are FOS

#4596 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I will, I haven't seen much of them popping up used. I will look at those. Do you have a premium? any problems with the spinner?

I have the LE,flipped my spinner no more trouble .

#4597 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I dont see used in your area right now but thats only on pinside.I do see NIB in Cincinnati shipped for 7699 dont know your budget though.

#4598 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont see used in your area right now but thats only on pinside.I do see NIB in Cincinnati shipped for 7699 dont know your budget though.

My Le is fun as heck I challenged my wife and son to play yesterday and we had a blast.Too bad they knocked some of my initials off on high scores as they both kicked my a$$ .Beginners luck.I cant speak to the pro since I have never played 1 but im sure others on this thread can.

#4599 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Never know. My wife actually wants this title. Im usually a Stern pro all day, but I think this one has to have the lights. I saw one in Florida for a nice price. Just too far to drive - and with shipping it aint worth it anymore.

#4600 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Pinball Life has the Expression Light Systems in stock according to their web site;

https://www.pinballlife.com/led-zeppelin-cabinet-expression-light-system.html

If you do go Pro, add the Stern Factory Authorized Shaker also. Got mine at Little Shop of Games though I am sure available elsewhere;

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/stern-accessories/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-and-spike-2-system-pinball-machine-games-502-5027-01/

I have a Pro with these added and love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.